• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The next crafting improvement

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Imbuing, reforging, enhancing, gives us so many opportunities to craft suits nowadays the crafting game is so much different than it used to be before styg. abyss.

Does crafting needs a new add-on? I believe so, and it is simple.

When we craft base armor we get a total maximum of resists which are randomly distributed. This can result in a waste of materials when trying to craft that luck suit, or sampire beginner suit. It is also very annoying and can take hours going through raw materials to get the resists that you are looking for to match the rest of your suit. What if we could simply distribute these resists however we want when we craft the base piece? it will make crafting a lot more fun I believe, instead of repeatedly crafting a piece for hours hoping to get what we want, why can't we just set the resists as we like? The way the system works today encourages scripting as well, and honestly, I can't blame the scripters. I recently finished my tamer luck suit, and it was pure hell to get all the resists at 70 with protection.

i don't know, what do other people think?

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I could get behind this one. it was a pain just to get the right combo for PVM.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually picking the outright values, no.

Weighting values for the exceptional bonuses, I'd be on board for.

Say, have the choice of picking one resist to favor and one to slight, up to a 5 point range.

You could, say, choose Fire & Cold

At Fire +5%, Cold -5%, The first 5 Exceptional/Lore points that would go toward cold would go into Fire instead. If only 2 or 3 points occur, that's all the fire gets. This way, you could get a much higher fire resist without having to imbue it.

OR

At Fire -5%, Cold +5%, you would end up with a good Cold value that won't count toward Imbuing weights, and a high chance for a minimum fire score so that you could Imbue the full 15 points of fire without losing any weighted value from exceptional points being overwritten by the imbue.

You could even have some of the currently no-use resources introduced in SA be required to be part of the process.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
they made the monster loot so good, crafting became weak compared to it. I don't want to make crafting anymore complicated than it is already. just need to raise intensity cap for imbuing with more than 5 mods and the same with reforge.
still waiting for refinements to stack lol.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they made the monster loot so good, crafting became weak compared to it. I don't want to make crafting anymore complicated than it is already. just need to raise intensity cap for imbuing with more than 5 mods and the same with reforge.
still waiting for refinements to stack lol.
And they need to take the type of armor out of it and make each one work on every armor.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Make the game more enjoyable devs for us who have been loyal players for years, instead of adding random stuff that only a few people use for a few months then quit UO again. Remember those dragon turtle eggs? man those remind me of pop music; comes and goes.