• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

lol glacial cloth?

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This will be forever remembered as the Great Glacial Cloth Controversy of 2019 in the annals of forgotten history.

Or until EA files bankruptcy.

Honestly, whoever owns the robe or buys it literally has a red mark over their head, because the whole debacle is pretty embarrassing.

If you spent hundreds of real life dollars for that robe, you're one sad little person in need of a major ego stroke using money to do so.

And that's embarrassing. And sad.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This will be forever remembered as the Great Glacial Cloth Controversy of 2019 in the annals of forgotten history.
... seriously? You feel this ranks that high? Honestly the pie conversation seems more memoriable to me.

Honestly, whoever owns the robe or buys it literally has a red mark over their head, because the whole debacle is pretty embarrassing.
Embarrassing for whom? If I read the explanaination correctly there was an error by the dev. The dev compensated said player with the in question item. I see no reason for either to be considered a red mark. Certainly not the person who owns it.

If you spent hundreds of real life dollars for that robe, you're one sad little person in need of a major ego stroke using money to do so.
No one has stated anything about paying real money for said item. I've seen an in game gold price and as far as I'm concerned if someone wants to pay that and the owner wants to sell it for that well then... cool beans.

And that's embarrassing. And sad.
I find it sad that a robe has created this much of an uproar.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Fridgster, post: 2976215, member: 159528"... seriously? You feel this ranks that high? Honestly the pie conversation seems more memoriable to me.
Good for you. Didn't realize this was a competition. If so, you compete alone. I was more teasing and being light-hearted, more than being miffed about it haha. Thought the situation is rather annoying.

Embarrassing for whom? If I read the explanaination correctly there was an error by the dev. The dev compensated said player with the in question item. I see no reason for either to be considered a red mark. Certainly not the person who owns it.
That's your opinion. I'm a bit neutral really, but given the uproar of the community by some, the item would be kind of looked down upon by those some. Either way, this really does not affect me and I don't care what people do because it's their gaming; and I was just pointing out that there are some who will look at it negatively. They already do, as evidenced by the comments. Did you read those? I agree with the points about it being negative.

I also agree that Mesanna is not entirely a bad community manager. No one is perfect.

Whether it is right or wrong is not really something I care about, honestly. It seems kind of stretched negatively both directions if you ask me. I think there are valid points, but gosh, the item has a controversial rep now. That's obvious too, whether we all like the item or dislike it.

However, I said paying a lot of money for it is embarrassing. And I think that's sad someone would. It's not a real game item and it's more of a comedy of errors, yet it exists in the game and was part of a way for Mesanna to fix her mistake, which was good.

It's controversial. I think I used an appropriate word that makes good sense. You seem to disagree that it is controversial, but I don't see a good argument except you disagree. Maybe your defending it and just not using an argument to do that. Which means your just defending with opinions. Ok. I guess.

It's just an opinion though. No harm, no foul, Mrs. or Mrs. Person.

No one has stated anything about paying real money for said item. I've seen an in game gold price and as far as I'm concerned if someone wants to pay that and the owner wants to sell it for that well then... cool beans.
Yeah, you missed the post where the owner offered to sell it (and rather smugly.) It's plain as day. Go find it. I never said anything about anyone actually buying it. Re-read my very tiny post that I'm amused seem to have set you off in such a weird way lol. Or triggered you. And that's really silly.

I find it sad that a robe has created this much of an uproar.
But I thought you said that the pie conversation was more memorable? But ok. Apparently you're not the only person who plays UO and has an opinion about how things are handled in meta-gaming. Many players despise meta-gaming and they have valid points. Just because you disagree doesn't invalidate those points, unless you have a good argument as to why.

Have a good one!

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And the PVPers dont care if Mesanna's name is on a robe or not as long as it got good stats. How more disrespectful can it get???
yea, well the items kinda have to be useful, and not just cosmetics for pvpers to really care about em anymore.

Points are awarded for both good stats & looks though =] (hawkwind's robe comes to mind -it doesn't look good on anything imo)

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok here's what happened and I can provide screen shots of the chats if needed. Basically messaged mesanna before buying glacial robe, mesanna said since glacial pants were never deleted the robe could have possibly been made out of the pants *her words not mine. She then said go ahead and buy it. The next day I got an email asking for my phone number. She called me said she made a mistake and instead of taking the robe she would make it to not be worn by any player and for display purposes only. IF IT IS WORN BY A PLAYER IT IS DELETE ON SIGHT. However it can be displayed on a vendor or mannequin or locked down. If anyone has any questions feel free to private message me.
It is clothing with a name on it. It doesn't give you any advantage or abilities in the game. Why oh why is this what our Dev team or anyone seems to give a crap about??? Is this what UO is about? Worried about pixel colors?

This game used to be about fighting, hunting, and making your way in a medieval world. Now its about whether you can wear funny colored pants or not.

If this is really something Mesanna is worried about - she should be fired on the spot and replaced by someone who can be an actual caretaker of our game.

It is like going to the ER at the hospital and instead of looking at your issue - your doctor is in the corner of the room worried about whether the plastic trash bag is inside out or outside in. Please focus on whats important. Please. For once.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The original glacial cloth was not created by a bug, but by...

I made a bunch of cloth, reported the bug, and...

I don't like the idea of Mesanna going back on telling me my set was legal for handing in the bug...
Did u really just say it wasn't a bug then called it a bug twice in the same breath?

Just delete ALL of it & lets move on already.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did u really just say it wasn't a bug then called it a bug twice in the same breath?

Just delete ALL of it & lets move on already.
Seems fair to everyone except for the one that recieved it legitly.......