• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

lol glacial cloth?

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's pretty cool. Like I said, she was providing customer service in response to an error she made.
LMFAO this is neither cool nor is it "customer service"

First, let's just completely ignore the fact that providing customer service is entirely not her job.

Let's then consider that Messanna first gives out her email and then selectively answers her inbox... then gives out the completely wrong information to this player...then emails a player and asks for their phone number, calls it (so said player now has her phone number)....and then creates a totally unique item out of the blue and breaking the very rules she didn't know about...and then doesn't make any type announcement or share any information whatsoever and locks all discussion of it on the official forums.

The rules apply to everyone except her and whoever she deems is allowed to break them and she's just making up bull crap as she goes along.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok here's what happened and I can provide screen shots of the chats if needed. Basically messaged mesanna before buying glacial robe, mesanna said since glacial pants were never deleted the robe could have possibly been made out of the pants *her words not mine. She then said go ahead and buy it. The next day I got an email asking for my phone number. She called me said she made a mistake and instead of taking the robe she would make it to not be worn by any player and for display purposes only. IF IT IS WORN BY A PLAYER IT IS DELETE ON SIGHT. However it can be displayed on a vendor or mannequin or locked down. If anyone has any questions feel free to private message me.
Please provide the screenshots of the chat

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Amazing.

And when we are putting on a player run event that has been done for years, she refuses to let the EMs support it by giving us awards for winning events, like a bow named 1st place archery, etc etc...claiming she didnt want to have anyone making rares. Maybe it's just the way I asked or something, you know, on rare occasions I might have not been a :cheerleader:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First, let's just completely ignore the fact that providing customer service is entirely not her job.
It should be everyones job in a company to provide customer service. There are limits to what each level can do. GMs can do some things, EM can do some things, Devs can do some things. She has no limits because she is the Boss.

If I want to call one of my customers I do. If I want to give them a free months service I can. My employees can not do either.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should be everyones job in a company to provide customer service. There are limits to what each level can do. GMs can do some things, EM can do some things, Devs can do some things. She has no limits because she is the Boss.

If I want to call one of my customers I do. If I want to give them a free months service I can. My employees can not do either.
Good businesses treat all their customers equally.

In your analogy, if your other customers find out that you're arbitrarily (or worse, you're selectively) handing out preferential services, they will likely be pissed and/or want access to the same deals.

If you refuse and simply say, "I'm the boss, I can give free service to whoever I want" then LOL good luck retaining clients.

All this is compounded by the fact that you go out of your way to randomly call a client, provide incorrect information about your own company's policies, and then make up a special policy on the spot to appease said customer (ie. you created the problem yourself and you rely on your powers of being the boss to fix it).

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good businesses treat all their customers equally.
No trying to be a jerk here but you've never ran a business. I can tell by that comment. It's a lofty goal but reality doesn't allow it to be true. Same with the customers always right. Sounds great but simply not practical.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All this is compounded by the fact that you go out of your way to randomly call a client, provide incorrect information about your company's policies, and then make up a special policy on the spot to appease said customer (ie. you created the problem yourself and you rely on your powers of being the boss to fix it).
This is the main thing about this situation. (your quote) IMO

He asked in an email before he bought a glacial robe. She somehow thought the robe was made from glacial pants that are legal. So she told him to go ahead and buy it. After thought, she realized she made a bad decision that cost the customer a lot of UO Gold. So, she called him to talk in person about it.(people think phones are text and instagram devices so some never talk on them) Told him she made a mistake and compensated him for her mistake.

The part about her compensating for her mistake is good. She did not make this mistake to all of us so we have no reason to feel cheated. Or not treated equally. This was one of a kind event. We all should not get this same deal. We did not buy a glacial robe after asking permission.

This would be equivalent to me doing a crappy job at a customers house and giving them a month free to compensate. I dont care if another customer found out, I did a good job at their house and do not need to compensate them.

A few issues:
1. Why did she think glacial pants were legal?
2. She should have done some research before telling him to buy the item.

Going past her mistakes. I am glad we have a producer that does provide customer support on an individual basis when she can.

Once the mistake on her part was made what should she have done?

IMO she should have refunded the gold to the player and deleted the item and not have made another.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No trying to be a jerk here but you've never ran a business. I can tell by that comment. It's a lofty goal but reality doesn't allow it to be true. Same with the customers always right. Sounds great but simply not practical.
Wow astute observation.

God forbid we use hyperbole or cliches to make general points on an online game's message boards. I'll start pointing out your spelling and grammar mistakes and assess that you never graduated college.

Last edited:

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few issues:

IMO she should have refunded the gold to the player and deleted the item and not have made another.
This is pretty much my point, it should never have come to her trying to correct something like this. Obviously she should have just deleted the item.

How many people have paged for help because they were scammed out of gold or items or a legitimate game bug deleted something and devs have always said they can't do anything about it?

I guess, yes, kudos to her for trying to give customer support but she did a terrible job of it and, once again, I think it just highlights that she's 1)doesn't know the game as well as most of the people that play it 2)makes rash/impulsive/bad decisions about things in game.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess what sticks in my craw about this is that it makes it BLATANTLY CLEAR that depending on who you are decides what (if any) customer service you will receive.

It's the same ole - same ole with Mesanna since she became Producer. Her "Special Short Bus Riders" get preferential treatment, while the rest of us the get the "FINGER".

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well some will be always more equal that others lol ..

But my intent here was rather getting info if that stuff is now legal than starting a lot of hate...

From my knowledge all glacial cloth was recently labeled "not legal" and gms were advised to delete or dye it color 0

PageBoy

Journeyman
Well some will be always more equal that others lol ..

But my intent here was rather getting info if that stuff is now legal than starting a lot of hate...

From my knowledge all glacial cloth was recently labeled "not legal" and gms were advised to delete or dye it color 0
Glacial clothes remain not legal and will be deleted on sight.
Said that, the robe in question has been already sold and is now "lost" in UO

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glacial clothes remain not legal and will be deleted on sight.
Said that, the robe in question has been already sold and is now "lost" in UO
Sometimes I think this game needs renaming to "Ultimate GREED Online". Sure why not sell a questionable item for a BAZILLION PLATINUM if you can get it?
Why not F the other dude over if you can? I wish ALL rares even mine would go BOOM! Rares and Rares collectors have Destroyed UO.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the main thing about this situation. (your quote) IMO

He asked in an email before he bought a glacial robe. She somehow thought the robe was made from glacial pants that are legal. So she told him to go ahead and buy it. After thought, she realized she made a bad decision that cost the customer a lot of UO Gold. So, she called him to talk in person about it.(people think phones are text and instagram devices so some never talk on them) Told him she made a mistake and compensated him for her mistake.

The part about her compensating for her mistake is good. She did not make this mistake to all of us so we have no reason to feel cheated. Or not treated equally. This was one of a kind event. We all should not get this same deal. We did not buy a glacial robe after asking permission.

This would be equivalent to me doing a crappy job at a customers house and giving them a month free to compensate. I dont care if another customer found out, I did a good job at their house and do not need to compensate them.

A few issues:

Going past her mistakes. I am glad we have a producer that does provide customer support on an individual basis when she can.

This is - by far - the best comment on this issue! I like our dev team and I like their work. They are humans, after all...

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Nice! I had a feeling we didn’t have the whole story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PageBoy

Journeyman
Sometimes I think this game needs renaming to "Ultimate GREED Online". Sure why not sell a questionable item for a BAZILLION PLATINUM if you can get it?
Why not F the other dude over if you can? I wish ALL rares even mine would go BOOM! Rares and Rares collectors have Destroyed UO.
Mate, dunno why you quoted my reply... I’ve never had a glacial item and don’t care nothing about rares...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok here's what happened and I can provide screen shots of the chats if needed. Basically messaged mesanna before buying glacial robe, mesanna said since glacial pants were never deleted the robe could have possibly been made out of the pants *her words not mine. She then said go ahead and buy it. The next day I got an email asking for my phone number. She called me said she made a mistake and instead of taking the robe she would make it to not be worn by any player and for display purposes only. IF IT IS WORN BY A PLAYER IT IS DELETE ON SIGHT. However it can be displayed on a vendor or mannequin or locked down. If anyone has any questions feel free to private message me.
wasnt going to get into this discussion, but yes thats what ive heard as well. it was mesanna's mistake (dunno how she could forget about the glacial cloth fiasco but she did, plus pants could never be cut up. they were all doggy duped, and they "poof" when attempting to cut up).

Issue is with the seller who sold it to you. (not naming any names here of course). The person knew it was delete on sight, and still sold it too you. theres still large amounts of the cloth out there, and people will most likely still be scammed. For your sake im glad you got to keep it, but for the games sake it should have still been deleted. I dont like the trend of allowing items that were created by dupes or by rogue EMs to be kept in game. It makes buyers lazy, and promotes more illegal items being created and profited off off. Like in real life, just because a buyer doesnt know something illegal doesnt mean they get to keep it. I guess im just saying to everyone, know what your buying. If its an undocumented item, chances are it was rogue created (still many of these out there after last year)

this is a special case in that mesanna made a huge mistake, but a few simple searches or icqs would have made it very obvious the seller was attempting to scam you.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been saying that for years... Sometimes I think they should make about 8 or 9 new shards... force everyone to move or start over... and then not allow any transfers ever again...

I've often thought they should make specialty shards... PvP servers, PvE servers... RP servers... and an old school server with only fel... Then they should have the EMs assigned to said servers provide service which is specific to the style of play on that server. Leave the Fel only server to its own ... that server is the "prison" server... where cheaters at sent... They can't leave there and that's where they stay... They talked about such a server once...

If a particular style server gets more crowded then make another offer a 1-time chance to transfer and then cut it off again.

Course what I wish they would do is Revive UO2... with true 3d world... using an engine like Landmark had that was completely customizable... for housing and such and you restart the game with nothing... but start with wonderful graphics and such... That I would buy into. And they should build in monitors for things so they know when folk are cheating... ban the cheaters and replace lost and stolen items due to game glitches...

I don't know I like to dream.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wasnt going to get into this discussion, but yes thats what ive heard as well. it was mesanna's mistake (dunno how she could forget about the glacial cloth fiasco but she did, plus pants could never be cut up. they were all doggy duped, and they "poof" when attempting to cut up).

Issue is with the seller who sold it to you. (not naming any names here of course). The person knew it was delete on sight, and still sold it too you. theres still large amounts of the cloth out there, and people will most likely still be scammed. For your sake im glad you got to keep it, but for the games sake it should have still been deleted. I dont like the trend of allowing items that were created by dupes or by rogue EMs to be kept in game. It makes buyers lazy, and promotes more illegal items being created and profited off off. Like in real life, just because a buyer doesnt know something illegal doesnt mean they get to keep it. I guess im just saying to everyone, know what your buying. If its an undocumented item, chances are it was rogue created (still many of these out there after last year)

this is a special case in that mesanna made a huge mistake, but a few simple searches or icqs would have made it very obvious the seller was attempting to scam you.
perfectly put.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I've been saying that for years... Sometimes I think they should make about 8 or 9 new shards... force everyone to move or start over... and then not allow any transfers ever again...

I've often thought they should make specialty shards... PvP servers, PvE servers... RP servers... and an old school server with only fel... Then they should have the EMs assigned to said servers provide service which is specific to the style of play on that server. Leave the Fel only server to its own ... that server is the "prison" server... where cheaters at sent... They can't leave there and that's where they stay... They talked about such a server once...

If a particular style server gets more crowded then make another offer a 1-time chance to transfer and then cut it off again.

Course what I wish they would do is Revive UO2... with true 3d world... using an engine like Landmark had that was completely customizable... for housing and such and you restart the game with nothing... but start with wonderful graphics and such... That I would buy into. And they should build in monitors for things so they know when folk are cheating... ban the cheaters and replace lost and stolen items due to game glitches...

I don't know I like to dream.
Yep..Also ideally in a well programmed game, cheating should not be possible, due to better game mechanics.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep..Also ideally in a well programmed game, cheating should not be possible, due to better game mechanics.
Yes and no, good programming and QA can prevent or minimize the effects of exploits. Cheating though isn’t limited to just bugs and exploits. There are some things you just can’t counter with internal coding making vigilance of and lack of tolerance for cheating an important part of the overall equation.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For various reasons, in this day and age, college is over rated. I know college graduates who can't find their rear ends with both hands. Just sayin'. :grin:
This is pretty true sadly. I work at a university (a top 25 one too) and without exaggeration a good 40% of the students learn almost nothing from their time in college except how to pass tests, and another 30% or so shouldn't have even been there in the first place but went anyway just because they didn't know what else to do for four years. Same thing at the masters/doctorate level, only half of the students actually get any tangible benefits out of it while the rest just go back to the same type of job they had before anyway, only with a higher degree and more debt.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This is pretty true sadly. I work at a university (a top 25 one too) and without exaggeration a good 40% of the students learn almost nothing from their time in college except how to pass tests, and another 30% or so shouldn't have even been there in the first place but went anyway just because they didn't know what else to do for four years. Same thing at the masters/doctorate level, only half of the students actually get any tangible benefits out of it while the rest just go back to the same type of job they had before anyway, only with a higher degree and more debt.
I didn't enroll in college until I was 35, I saw plenty of those types on campus. A lot of them were only there because their parents pressured them into going. I always suggested enlisting in the Military as an option, it's a structured environment, they'll learn valuable life skills, like accountability and integrity. If nothing else once they do decide it's time to go to college the focus and discipline they learned will be valuable tools.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I didn't enroll in college until I was 35, I saw plenty of those types on campus. A lot of them were only there because their parents pressured them into going. I always suggested enlisting in the Military as an option, it's a structured environment, they'll learn valuable life skills, like accountability and integrity. If nothing else once they do decide it's time to go to college the focus and discipline they learned will be valuable tools.
My parents were "those" parents... insisting I go to college... I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life... hell didn't even have a clue what I might be "good" at or anything.... but they shoved me off to a college signed me up for courses I could care less about.... and wondered why I blew it offf...

I like many young people rebelled... ran off married the first idiot that came along... had 2 kids and wondered why my life sucked and I couldn't make ends meet... at some point I woke up... drew the line and insisted that things change. I left my husband (and his drugs)... and decided I was going to do something... Still having no clue what that was...

but my second attempt at college was much better... I had a purpose and a drive. I needed something that would provide for my children... something that would keep me off the steps of the welfare office and provide a secure income for raising my children... 2 short years later I got my degree and started seeking a job... my ex however kept doing what he was doing and continued along the path to his end.. shortly after I got a job in my field...

Was rough seeing him pass away. Was more difficult on the children to lose their father. But I knew then that I made the right decision.

Sometimes it takes awhile to get it... but when you do, its worth it.

I raised my own two children and provided a "safe haven" to at least 30 other young people... many of whom I encouraged to join the military... get some discipline and a direction and purpose... and a ride to something better. Many of them did and are doing pretty well for themselves.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna's not going to listen to "not fair, he has one and I want one tooooo!" and "If I can't have it I don't want him having it either" type childish stuff. She made a call, about pixels, in a game, pretty sure it's time to move on?
sadly @Mesanna doesn't listen to anything other than her own flaw rhetoric. And even then (which is the problem now) she goes back on what she has said in the past.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
well tbh. i am not satisfied as a customer with this.

he guy bought cloths which were openly called as illegal by the producer and announced to be deleted on sight.

so why does he get rewarded now? for being an idiot and not informing him/herself properly upfront?

many others bought glacial items for billions before the producer decided "oh thats illegal now and we will delete them onsight" bc some idiot did cheated so much that they actually noticed it

for me this looks like plain ********.
me and many others lost money bc of a not illegal item (at that time, and i even back then saw mail from her where she said its fine)
and now spontanious amnesia happens and that guy gets thousand bucks.

that dont sit well with me and will have consequences.

funny how that goes. last year in summer i did a major downsizing because i was really fed up with uo and nearly started another 10year break which i called off in the basically last minute. now i went back into game pretty ok and this happens.
my mood is right now rather ****it lets go than well done customer support.

regarding the other topic.
in my country (germany) more and more young people go to university but its definately not a must here. there are lot of jobs for example in the craftsmanship areas where the minimum requirements in school is rather low .
iam 36yr old and did not go to university as the planned job did not have any requirement for a master or bachelor degree and i did not like school, however i thought about doing it recently.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Who would pay a thousand bucks for some pixels that you can never truly own? It all still belongs to EA.

Sucker born every min?.... A fool and his money are soon parted?...

Personally I don't get it... Especially on a game with a very unsure future..

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who would pay a thousand bucks for some pixels that you can never truly own? It all still belongs to EA.
wine, vacations, skydiving, expensive pets with short lifespan, list could go on and on. in real life, do we really "own" anything? we dont because we'll all die and not own it anymore.

while personally i think the money spent on luxury items would be better used donated to charities lots of people spend exorbitant amounts on non-permanent items and experiences.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wine, vacations, skydiving, expensive pets with short lifespan, list could go on and on. in real life, do we really "own" anything? we dont because we'll all die and not own it anymore.

while personally i think the money spent on luxury items would be better used donated to charities lots of people spend exorbitant amounts on non-permanent items and experiences.
Smoot going all philosophical on us.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think it is simultaneously pitiful and sad that the RMT people who posted, in this thread, felt they needed to do so!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So you can't or are not supposed have an opinion if you have figured out ways to increase your personal income from playing a game???

If ya ask me they are pretty smart really. Tax free income while just playing a video game?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you can't or are not supposed have an opinion if you have figured out ways to increase your personal income from playing a game???

If ya ask me they are pretty smart really. Tax free income while just playing a video game?
Actually, they should be banned from the game. But, for WHATEVER reason @Mesanna and Co. @Bleak @Kyronix have CHOSEN not to do anything about them. But that is a whole different story, maybe. :devil:Just sayin'

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You do realize that the behavior you just said is "pretty smart" is actually income tax evasion, right?? ROFL
Yepp... sure do... if they are smart enough to fly under the radar of the single worst Goobermeant entity and not get caught.. they are indeed pretty smart. Cause those money grubbing rascals watch everything.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, they should be banned from the game. But, for WHATEVER reason @Mesanna and Co. @Bleak @Kyronix have CHOSEN not to do anything about them. But that is a whole different story, maybe. :devil:Just sayin'
You can't lay that at the feet of this dev team. No dev team nor EA has ever activly enforced the nk RMT rule. The reason being in my opinion anyway, is that the rule is only there to prevent players from complaining to broadsword/EA that they got scammed. No more. No less.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Each person owns the legacy they leave behind them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can't lay that at the feet of this dev team. No dev team nor EA has ever activly enforced the nk RMT rule. The reason being in my opinion anyway, is that the rule is only there to prevent players from complaining to broadsword/EA that they got scammed. No more. No less.
*Ding Ding Ding*

Survey Says #1 Answer!

Yep it's so EA can say "Well you aren't supposed to be buying anything in the game that we don't sell... You are a cheater! *slap with ban stick*... there you are now you don't have to worry about scammers anymore... fixed it."