• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

lol glacial cloth?

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i payed more than 2plat on glacial pants, bandana, half apron, spellbook and staff.

Once i recalled home after spending a few minutes at luna bank (where i probably got reported for my glacial outfit), and an invisible GM started undressing my character where i could see items disappearing from my paperdoll and backpack, i even caught this on video.

Tried to open a conversation, and no one replied.

long story short, i lost 2plat in items which is almost 200$ cash, so in this situation the dev makes the players pay for the dev mistake (which is handing a neon dye to an EM).

now after introducing this robe, if luckily this robe is transferable, this should sell for 10plat+, so in the scenario a player was given a straight 1000$ cash because UO Producer liked his outfit.

i will try to report the video to EA along with this new robe and see if i get some feedback

gg @Mesanna

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have to love that instead of trying to explain the situation and soothe people’s legitimate annoyance at this after their own very valuable items were forcibly taken from them, the staff instead decided to just lock the official forum thread with the brilliant explanation of “nuff said” and no developer comment at all.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have to love that instead of trying to explain the situation and soothe people’s legitimate annoyance at this after their own very valuable items were forcibly taken from them, the staff instead decided to just lock the official forum thread with the brilliant explanation of “nuff said” and no developer comment at all.
My post here was also touched. I got told ppl can't see it

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In anything more than small doses, glacial is hideous. Since virtually all of it came from an exploit or corrupt employee, just delete it and spare us the eye strain.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a new one to me! Ugly as hell... but whatever. :)

One thing I saw the other day that I havnt seen in many years. One of those ethereal cloaks. I know, from what I remember, they look black when locked down or on a vendor.. thus was impossible to know if it was real or a scam.

Any clue where they came from?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did I miss the public contest for this? Or is it just what any other game calls blatant favorism?

On the other hand they are literally screaming it from thie roof these days...

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This may be out of context.... but.... lol

****DISCLAIMER**** this pic is not from glacial cloth owners.... its just a pic from a long time ago shared to me. Craft your own opinions...

mesanna lol.PNG

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of it is still floating around in game. I know where a long pair of paints are at.

The person wanted 3plat for it. Lol

Last edited:

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I find it interesting how quickly the official forums will shut things down and try to sweep them under the rug.

Also, this is pretty interesting. What do you need to do to get special gifts from @Mesanna?

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some of it is still floating around in game. I know where a long pair of paints are at.

The person wanted 3plat for it. Lol
I sold all of mine just in time before it got deleted

Still lost 500m

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My post here was also touched. I got told ppl can't see it
Yea, it was flagged by a staff member when you posted it. They were worried that it would be seen as saying, “Glacial cloth is Ok again!” The worry was it would lead to people getting stuff taken from then when they develed into their secret stash. Once we more staff looked at it, we decided to let it be and made it publicly visible again.

Rates trade involves so much in game currency, they were being cautious rather than let potentially bad info float on the site that could cost someone several platinum.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This may be out of context.... but.... lol

****DISCLAIMER**** this pic is not from glacial cloth owners.... its just a pic from a long time ago shared to me. Craft your own opinions...

View attachment 90851
She is providing customer service and does not want everyone to swamp her with emails every time their Macros get deleted?
I see what players pancake about. I dont blame her for helping when she can.

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
There was a guy that decided to resize a recently placed house in luna after he placed at the idoc and lost it to someone else on atlantic shard. Mesanna gave this person a castle in east vesper tram atlantic in the open area that wasn't open for housing after he emailed her. The guy was in my guild at the time and promptly sold it for cash to another player. I listened to the entire thing in Ventrilo while he was having an email conversation with her and during the sale for cash to another player in the guild (Still current owner)

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And how much did the person you sold them to lose?
If he did not screw up nothing.
It was already known to be deleted when seen and I told him upfront that it gets dyed or deleted when someone finds it.

The answer was like "don't worry I'll put it in a box with other nice stuff"

Contrary to what you maybe think I don't scam people.

I have not the tiny bad feeling about this transaction. It's the opposite... It would have pissed me off to loose it and hiding it somewhere but not be able to use it would make me sad.

And before you start.now with "you could have turned it in to the devs"...
I put it in a labeled bag on my front stairs and emailed mesanna bc I don't want to get in trouble. They never took it so I sold it.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
She is providing customer service and does not want everyone to swamp her with emails every time their Macros get deleted?
I see what players pancake about. I dont blame her for helping when she can.
What is the Pic showing?

Keep what for yourself?

It makes a huge difference what the context here is.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
anything that's not supposed to be in game should be deleted, then no one would buy this stuff and would likely be reported. there can not be any gray areas from devs. this would only encourage exploits and make it less likely to be reported. just my opinion

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't understand why someone who has said on a number of occasions that they hate this kind of cloth would make players an item using it. Makes no sense.

Last edited:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think there is a LOT of favoritism going around.

Even by ignoring historical banner requests... when you've made the request 3x or more and just get ignored.

Clothing wise? I sure wouldnt want a blazing "kick me" sign on me... running around Fel. :) More power to them. hehe

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a new one to me! Ugly as hell... but whatever. :)

One thing I saw the other day that I havnt seen in many years. One of those ethereal cloaks. I know, from what I remember, they look black when locked down or on a vendor.. thus was impossible to know if it was real or a scam.

Any clue where they came from?
The Ethereal looking cloaks were dupes of the Cloak of Shadows, which was a Cloak that had dropped off of a Lady Minax Image corpse when she attacked Umbra on Napa Valley over a decade ago (i was there, i saw the cloak on the corpse right before it was looted, before instanced loot). The whole "Hooded Shroud" debacle (which got turned into Monk Robes) was also started when people starting duping the Shrouds of Tal'Keesh from Napa Valley as well.

Napa Valley was the source of a good number of the special duped clothing, because not only did some of the more memorable pieces (Cloak of Shadows, Shroud of Tal'Keesh) originate from Napa events, but also because Napa was home to one of UO's biggest dupers at the time, known as the "King of Dupers" (Stratics rules won't let me post his actual char name). A man who brazenly wore Glacial clothing/spellbooks in public while riding a Blaze Cu, with the paperdoll title of "Grandmaster Merchant". The very first Cloak of Shadows dupe was traced directly back to him, for immediately after the event he bought the legit Cloak of Shadows from the person that looted it, and soon afterwards ethereal looking cloaks began appearing on his vendors.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very, very interesting. Thank you PlayerSkillFTW. :)

Not that I can ask how dupes happened... or happen... I've herd stories over the years. You figure, back in the day, staff was a lot better at policing the game... and would find and ban this guy.

I've always stayed away from anything that remotely looked questionable... even when it was within a price range a much "poorer-long ago" me could afford.

Just like some loser that was selling a stone chair... right as the stone began to spawn... claiming it was a server birth. Before the day was out, I could crafter them and warned everyone to stay away from him. Just never know about some people. hehe

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Just give it to everyone or no one! Where is the fairness and integrity? I would expect GMs/Developers to act like this on a cheesy private server. I bet this is fake! Mesanna wouldn’t really do that.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're legal. Only things made out of cloth are illegal, and books aren't.
my glacial spellbook got deleted along with other glacial items from my paperdoll while i was still equiping them when the hidden GM showed up, i can try to find the video if u want and prove u wrong.

in addition my spellbook was blessed

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my glacial spellbook got deleted along with other glacial items from my paperdoll while i was still equiping them when the hidden GM showed up, i can try to find the video if u want and prove u wrong.

Go to the Luna bank on Atlantic. There is a person usually standing there holding one. Page on him and see if he still has it next week.

Some GMs know the rules better than others. Some know how to fix things when other GMs cant.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One side of the problem might be inconsistent behaviour on the dev's side. I dont know, I did not dwell into this case.

But what I know is: The other side of the problem is greed in a certain share of the playerbase. Greed, bad manners and bad motives. Scum, who turned a lovely computer game into a mean, dirty pirate hole. If you want to see what I mean, go to Atlantic Luna and read conversation/General Chat. Its full of greedy, lying, nasty little Ferengi, who would sell their souls for profit. They are so proud when they can rip you off and they show off with their cheap deals. Petty-minded little deceivers. It is disgusting. And they are crying if you touch their little baby toys. Crying sooo much...

I am really laughing alot about their pathetic existence, with all of their glacial ridiculousness and their stupid "wassup bro"-attitude. How pathetic.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I don't play Atl much, only have one tamer there, play sometimes. My home is not there. But Atl is like the world. Atl id like the world. There are hundreds if not thousand players there that are as nice as in any other shard. Its just that the socially and intellectually less endowed individuals there, be it teenagers or immature adults are likely few but very vocal and visible. I was so upset with swampies selling for 250 k there (a gigantic ripoff), and one day tamed one after the other and gave them free to people there. Then I went to the new player area Haven city, where there was a "naked" player asking for help, I gave him the swampie. As I turned around he promptly killed the swampie with a lighling bolt. So much for "new player", and attitude. I was unhappy with that, but I had a teaching moment. I agree some people's behavior in game leaves a lot to be desired, but I doubt that you can characterize an entire group of people, or a shard because of few bad apples?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay this bring up several questions to me:
#1: Did Mesanna ACTUALLY make this?
#2: Did someone witness her give this item to said player?

Just because someone said it and took a screenshot does not make it true.

Of course the general mentality of 99.9% of the UO player base is " OMG I read it on the Internet so it MUST be true!!!" (DERP!)

I could say I bedded John freakin' Cena last night but it DON'T MAKE IT TRUE! (Thank God, Cause I think Cena's a big dumb jock)

Personally that picture looks suspiciously photo-shopped to me.

On a professional level Mesanna's playing favorites and other acts of stupidity makes ALL WOMEN in Gaming look bad and a big fat joke.
Its tough enough to get taken seriously in the Gaming industry as a woman because let's face it; it's the boyz club girls NOT welcome.
We've had to kick down the door to get in, and we are far from accepted. I chose IT Networking and it too is still the boyz club. You gotta do it big and 100x better than the boyz.
Even then don't expect much and someone else (male) will take credit for your work.

In conclusion Mesanna is just a huge embarrassment professionally speaking, and she embarrasses me.

Ciel Mistral

Adventurer
Okay this bring up several questions to me:
#1: Did Mesanna ACTUALLY make this?
#2: Did someone witness her give this item to said player?

Just because someone said it and took a screenshot does not make it true.

Of course the general mentality of 99.9% of the UO player base is " OMG I read it on the Internet so it MUST be true!!!" (DERP!)

I could say I bedded John freakin' Cena last night but it DON'T MAKE IT TRUE! (Thank God, Cause I think Cena's a big dumb jock)

Personally that picture looks suspiciously photo-shopped to me.

On a professional level Mesanna's playing favorites and other acts of stupidity makes ALL WOMEN in Gaming look bad and a big fat joke.
Its tough enough to get taken seriously in the Gaming industry as a woman because let's face it; it's the boyz club girls NOT welcome.
We've had to kick down the door to get in, and we are far from accepted. I chose IT Networking and it too is still the boyz club. You gotta do it big and 100x better than the boyz.
Even then don't expect much and someone else (male) will take credit for your work.

In conclusion Mesanna is just a huge embarrassment professionally speaking, and she embarrasses me.
I know the person who received it, and according to them it was made for them by Mesanna

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

It shouldn't have been deleted, back when the things were suddenly declared illegal someone asked Mesanna directly in general chat whether spellbooks were illegal too, and she said any item that isn't made out of cloth is still legal since the issue was duped glacial cloth. The GM didn't know what they were doing. I've had a glacial spellbook, dagger, pickaxe, and skinning knife publicly displayed in Luna the whole time and nobody has touched them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know the person who received it, and according to them it was made for them by Mesanna
I doubt anybody else would put her name on an item. Why did this person say they received it?

Also is this the only item that has the Not to be worn by a player tag?

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It shouldn't have been deleted, back when the things were suddenly declared illegal someone asked Mesanna directly in general chat whether spellbooks were illegal too, and she said any item that isn't made out of cloth is still legal since the issue was duped glacial cloth. The GM didn't know what they were doing. I've had a glacial spellbook, dagger, pickaxe, and skinning knife publicly displayed in Luna the whole time and nobody has touched them.
Good for you, unluckily the GM that showed up knew as much as mesanna knows about PVP

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I doubt anybody else would put her name on an item. Why did this person say they received it?

Also is this the only item that has the Not to be worn by a player tag?
I have a dress that is "Made by Mesanna", which she told me rather nastily that she did not make it and demanded to know where I got it.

I bought it off a Luna vendor and the owner was know for being shady. Furthermore, I KNOW what he did because me and a friend tested it.

This can be done one of two ways:

1) Buy a name change token and change a vanilla char's name to Mesanna. Then move crafting skill and make items which will now say made by Mesanna.

2) Create a new char on existing account and name it Mesanna. Then move crafting skill and make items.

Here is the dress in question:

fake Mesanna dress.jpg

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Ethereal looking cloaks were dupes of the Cloak of Shadows, which was a Cloak that had dropped off of a Lady Minax Image corpse when she attacked Umbra on Napa Valley over a decade ago (i was there, i saw the cloak on the corpse right before it was looted, before instanced loot). The whole "Hooded Shroud" debacle (which got turned into Monk Robes) was also started when people starting duping the Shrouds of Tal'Keesh from Napa Valley as well.

Napa Valley was the source of a good number of the special duped clothing, because not only did some of the more memorable pieces (Cloak of Shadows, Shroud of Tal'Keesh) originate from Napa events, but also because Napa was home to one of UO's biggest dupers at the time, known as the "King of Dupers" (Stratics rules won't let me post his actual char name). A man who brazenly wore Glacial clothing/spellbooks in public while riding a Blaze Cu, with the paperdoll title of "Grandmaster Merchant". The very first Cloak of Shadows dupe was traced directly back to him, for immediately after the event he bought the legit Cloak of Shadows from the person that looted it, and soon afterwards ethereal looking cloaks began appearing on his vendors.
could have been me, well without the duping part. i was riding also a blaze cu with lots of glaicial **** LOL

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a dress that is "Made by Mesanna", which she told me rather nastily that she did not make it and demanded to know where I got it.

I bought it off a Luna vendor and the owner was know for being shady. Furthermore, I KNOW what he did because me and a friend tested it.

1) Buy a name change token and change a vanilla char's name to Mesanna. Then move crafting skill and make items which will now say made by Mesanna.

2) Create a new char on existing account and name it Mesanna. Then move crafting skill and make items.

View attachment 91089
i think you cannot make chars with that name anymore, but it was definately possible as i saw lots of stuff with the name

Ciel Mistral

Adventurer
From what I know they were already in possession of a glacial robe; they then emailed Mesanna about it to see if it would be legal to own. They received confirmation directly from Messana that the item was legal, and they sold it at a markup the next day. Now for some reason after this, Mesanna made them a second robe with that tag on it. It should be the only one that exists.

Last edited:

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
... after their own very valuable items were forcibly taken from them...
Value is and has always been zero for illegal items. Duping, creating by bug or receiving from a crooked GM doesn't make them valueable, it makes them risky.

If that's a legit robe he's displaying and it's pissing everyone off because they can't get one then good for him. Greed and jealousy is ugly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 91089
I have a bear trophy that the hunters name is Mesanna. But this is not how that robe was created...

The Grim Reaper

Seasoned Veteran
Ok here's what happened and I can provide screen shots of the chats if needed. Basically messaged mesanna before buying glacial robe, mesanna said since glacial pants were never deleted the robe could have possibly been made out of the pants *her words not mine. She then said go ahead and buy it. The next day I got an email asking for my phone number. She called me said she made a mistake and instead of taking the robe she would make it to not be worn by any player and for display purposes only. IF IT IS WORN BY A PLAYER IT IS DELETE ON SIGHT. However it can be displayed on a vendor or mannequin or locked down. If anyone has any questions feel free to private message me.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh if I ever approach the producer's level of perfection I will shoot myself....:D
If I am EVER a big of an embarrassment to any company I work for as Mesanna. I hope they do the appropriate thing and fire my inept butt. However since I am not inept that will never happen.