• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Modern Sampire

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dingo, for fel champ spawns, I run resist 100% of the time. Spellcasters are present at lvl's 3/4 at every single one. Anatomy doesn't give enough of a damage boost to outweigh running without resist.

It's more efficient to run resist than anatomy.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dingo, for fel champ spawns, I run resist 100% of the time. Spellcasters are present at lvl's 3/4 at every single one. Anatomy doesn't give enough of a damage boost to outweigh running without resist.
It's more efficient to run resist than anatomy.
Actually, this is not right with this suit. If you need spell resistance skill on character with this suit you play somehow wrong. I can kill my self only if I don't watch blood oath spell on undeath champ. I need skill swaps only with soloing Corgul, Roof, Travesty, Doom etc.

Last edited:

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are going for speed and efficiency, resist is necessary.
Speed and efficiency are just reasons to USE Anatomy over resiting spell with THIS suit o_O. Loss of 65% base damage bonus (from anatomy 120) affects a lot to: damage, mana leeches, stamina leeches, life leeches.
Paralyze is not also a problem if you continuously fight against many creatures. I never need to stop fighting for healing (But just run few tiles when Neira cast "Blood Oath" and then cast remove the curse and then return to fight. I counted that Neira cast "Blood oath" 4 times last time I did champion.. so I lost about 20 seconds efficient fighting time.

Resist spells are indeed a safe and good way to play with "lesser suits". But one reason to build of this suit is get RID resisting spells skill.... not take it :)

If you do a lot less damage (aka lot less leeches) I cannot see the reason how you can be more efficient?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do you. I've gone with/without resists. Not having resist is slower from start to finish on a fel champ spawn.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
Interesting point of views fellas.

I'm new to the sampire as you may know. I decided to keep 100 resist and increase chivalry for higher dmg against bosses. I know the 120 anatomy would increase whirlwind dmg and overall dmg which would lead to a greater leech. But in fel champs with the element of pvm and pvp resist seems critical.

There is a bit of dmg lost when you run 0 anatomy. Armor ignore went from 243 to 185ish.

On a side note, do you guys go 70/70/70/70/70 resist with 45 dci or 70+ and sacrifice some dci?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
45/45 is what I do. I also run with 50 chiv. I carry weapons for each individual spawn on me. No matter what pops, I can roll thru it. The only thing I need chiv for is running sacred journeys for escaping a raid with pinks/whites.

I do have a ring/brace with +15 chiv which I will throw on for neira enemy of one. Only champ that doesnt have a slayer.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can get screens of munsters on me without fear of para or mana vamp with resist. Not possible with 0 resist. You can't leech your way thru without being able to whirlwind.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can get screens of munsters on me without fear of para or mana vamp with resist. Not possible with 0 resist. You can't leech your way thru without being able to whirlwind.
In short:
* I don't count para and mana vamp problems at all. For example, if para is a problem you take too few monsters in the fight. More monsters around --> This build becomes even better.
* I want to see that screenshot that is not possible with resist 0 :).
* Basic champion spawns are really really really easy (If you don't go kill Semidar in normal human form :) ) If you have problems without "resisting spell"- skill with THIS build and gear.. I would say you do something critically wrong. If I die on champion spawns.. I have done some kind of huge mistake.

As Dingomate said in PVP resisting spell is very important! This modern sampire build really sucks in PVP, but it is aimed for high end PVM stuff like Roof, Corgul, Doom and Travestry. (For example at Doom and Corgul it indeed need skill swaps like taking resisting spells !)
If you go PVP with this build it is also a big mistake. This is for pure PVM.

Also this:
45/45 is what I do. I also run with 50 chiv. I carry weapons for each individual spawn on me. No matter what pops, I can roll thru it. The only thing I need chiv for is running sacred journeys for escaping a raid with pinks/whites.
I do have a ring/brace with +15 chiv which I will throw on for neira enemy of one. Only champ that doesn't have a slayer.
With this build, you don't do anything but basic spawns and easiest peeresses like Dreadhornand Paroxymous...
As you have DCI 45 so you have not even used refinements... and those are one most important keys on high-end PVM.
In PVM high armor resistances and parry is your friend NOT DCI :) (I can explain this also if needed)
If your suit needs item swaps in champion spawns. You might need a better suit?
I played with this kind charter about 2013-2014 but it is critically out of date.

Can u post your build, gear and stats?

Last edited:

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 swords, bush, parry, tactics, resist (+15 resist on ring/brace,) 100 necro, 50 chiv. Woodland armor, all di on suit. Made this char for fel champ spawns. Peerless I don't enjoy doing.

I can solo every champ spawn in 18-24 minutes. Neira being the only slow one.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In fel, you will have pvp. Resist is the most efficient way to do the spawn and not die or lose stuff when raided. Para and mana vamps = death for a sampire.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In fel, you will have pvp. Resist is the most efficient way to do the spawn and not die or lose stuff when raided. Para and mana vamps = death for a sampire.
Heh good luck with your pvp sampire :).. you have totally misunderstood this strong build... I don't know how poor reds are at your shard.. but they should crush your build in seconds (even with spell resistance)
Btw, Woodland is most NO NO NO for samphires also :). Woodland armors were good about at 2012-2014 when there were not medium and heavy armor bonuses.

But yeh your build is pretty fair for champion spawns and I bet spawns will give a good challenge for you! But do not try serious PVM with it. (But there is LOT better champion spawn build and suits than this DCI 45/wood armour/ resist spells/not refinements build )
Longer you keep stuck on this build more you lose. (yeh I had that kind of build and even with woodland armors many years ago!!)

Once again: If you need resist spells on champion spawns: Your build is not good OR your gear is not good OR your play style is not good or combination of those.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ford, while I agree that your build is better for highend content (I don't count spawns as highend anymore), you seem to misunderstand chester's point. He didn't mean to say he wants to actively PvP with his sampire. What I believe he is trying to say (and I 100% agree) is that having 120 resist will allow your sampire to survive in an ambush scenario. The first thing any mage attacking a sampire should do is mana vamp them because that takes away all their offensive and even more importantly defensive options. If you run resist, however, this can't happen to you and you can hit evasion and run away without any chance of them paralyzing or mana vamping you. He didn't claim that he can beat them with that template, it's simply about survival and getting out alive.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ford, while I agree that your build is better for highend content (I don't count spawns as highend anymore), you seem to misunderstand chester's point. He didn't mean to say he wants to actively PvP with his sampire. What I believe he is trying to say (and I 100% agree) is that having 120 resist will allow your sampire to survive in an ambush scenario. The first thing any mage attacking a sampire should do is mana vamp them because that takes away all their offensive and even more importantly defensive options. If you run resist, however, this can't happen to you and you can hit evasion and run away without any chance of them paralyzing or mana vamping you. He didn't claim that he can beat them with that template, it's simply about survival and getting out alive.
Yeh this is totally true.
But as I said skilled PVP dudes crush sampire builds (even with spell resistance) very fast. Skilled PVP dudes uses lot more tricks than just "para" and "mana vamp". His build is indeed slightly better on some ambush situations... But is that reason to loose lot effecteviness on PVM just on pure PVM build? If you think just paralyze: Why not just use trapped box (even better than max resist spells) instead of loose 100% skill points on effective PVM?
Even after all:
To be fair I would say it is 98% of situation when it is all same to get killed on raid that that 2% when you get run away with power scrolls. You need have really good luck if PVP dudes come just when you hit last blows on boss. And even without resistance you have about same chance to escape with trapped box (actually trapped boxes are even better than max resistance).

But anyways: PVP is just minor vein of whole argumenting. (Read upper posts). I am just against idea that he try mislead people to use that build as effective PVM build.
This whole "moder sampire" thread is how to try make most effective warrior in PVM... and I don't say it is most effective... but it is effective indeed. His build is more like "How to survive PVP ambush little better than moder sampire with cost of effectiveness"

To be clear:
Misleading
is thing that I don't like.

Things like:
You do you. I've gone with/without resists. Not having resist is slower from start to finish on a fel champ spawn.
or
or
But yeh. I betit is more like obliviousness than malignancy.

Last edited:

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ford Taunus - I'm curious if your "modern sampire" is also showing up in Trammels Khaldun on Europa at the moment.

Which one is yours? Mine is "Verdandi". Although mine has a terribly outdated, imbued only suit and runs with 60 parry & 110 (+10 from head piece) "RS" there.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ford Taunus - I'm curious if your "modern sampire" is also showing up in Trammels Khaldun on Europa at the moment.

Which one is yours? Mine is "Verdandi". Although mine has a terribly outdated, imbued only suit and runs with 60 parry & 110 (+10 from head piece) "RS" there.
I really need test and train this Khaldun one! I have done quest but not tested yet!

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like I said previously, I only like to do fel champ spawns. It's easy and relaxing. I use like 3 macros and plow thru it. I time my runs for the helluva it.

Stygian dragon, dreadhorn, medusa, etc bores the hell out of me.

You cannot complete a champ spawn faster without resist compared to having resist. The 3rd and 4th levels just go so much slower.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You cannot complete a champ spawn faster without resist compared to having resist. The 3rd and 4th levels just go so much slower.
Phew :eek: :confused: This is NOT true. Your info really hurts players who try to make a good build.

Once again: No, your build is not fast on the champ (I played long time ago (2012-2014?) with just that kind of build and it is slow slow and slow nowadays) you can totally do champs with it but it is ss.....llll.....oooo....wwww. If you play well, you need ZERO on resistance spell skill and that ZERO resistance does not make you any slower :). You can do champs like about 30% or more faster with "moder sampire" than old resisting spell build.

Your build and gears are totally from the year 2012-2014. But yes... You totally can do champs with that build and with those gears, and you might not get killed. But nowadays that build is totally out of date.

Please: Do not mislead people.

Try explain me this:
The 3rd and 4th levels just go so much slower

PS: Do not try talk about paralyze and mana drain.... they do NOT slow down new builds (if you know how to play).

But yes again: Paralyze and mana drain indeed slows down old builds with outdated gear and combined with bad playing style!!!

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FT - if you go test Khaldun without resisting spells, you'll probably collect a lot of grey robes during level 3 at least ... have fun (!)

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FT - if you go test Khaldun without resisting spells, you'll probably collect a lot of grey robes during level 3 at least ... have fun (!)
Yeh totally can be so... I have not tested yet. There is indeed stuff like (Corgul and Doom) where you spell resistance is needed (Corgul needs also form/necro skill swap but it is another story). And maybe Khaldun also... I don't doubt.
Maybe even sampire lumber jacker build works there great as in Doom? But yeh... I have no idea.

Is there lot blood oath monsters with high HP or something other tricky?

Don't get me wrong. There is really strong RS builds also nowadays, as lot used "RS Lumberjacker" and they have own places (I have one "RS lumberjacker" char also and it is super in certain places indeed). Just need to know where to use build and where not... and of course how to use :)

Like I never use "RS Lumberjaker" over "modern sampire" in normal champs.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The Khaldun spawn does not have any necro casting monsters... however, there is a slow persistent spawn in the area of necro casters which overlays the spawn area. The Ancient Lichs and Bone Magi in particular like to cast Blood Oath all the time. So Khaldun is a spawn where I run 120 Resisting Spells and 0 Anatomy. With the exception of the Undead spawn, Primeval Lich and now Khaldun, I use anatomy for all other champ spawns.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Gnoopey

Heh.. tested solo Khaldun with this build... And ended to disaster :). Totally not to solo with this build.
Higher spawn levels was really slow and unenjoyable solo with this build... And I need to ask help of my friends.
With boss I ran to problem that I cannot stand toe by toe and solo it. I tried AI and DS with onslaught... and failed. After my fail my guild mate tried solo with RS lumberjacker.. and also failed solo it toe by toe... So we crushed boss with group heh.

@Gnoopey can you little enlight what is the trick to solo this beast and entire champ. You might have heal or something on your build?

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there's a "trick", then I don't know it. I have helped fight Khal Ankur since the beginning of the event and I got all the halloween masks in the meantime. But it only happened once, that I had the boss for myself 'alone'. And back then I 'soloed' with two tamers - one a mage tamer with a chivalry "lesser" hiryu, the 2nd a disco bard tamer with a 5-slot fire beetle.

I use my sampire there to farm cults - sometimes I also fight the boss with it but I was never alone there. As told, my sampire "only" has an "ancient" suit - imbued only - three pieces are "artifacts" - Aegis of grace (+10 resisting spells), Jackal's collar, a studded bustier (major artifact), rest are valorite smithed and imbued pieces only. The "gal" is a macer, 120 macing, tactics, bushido, 110 anatomy or resisting spells, GM necro, 90 chivalry and 60 parry.

Since a good while, I'm running with bushido mastery (vol.3) active. HCI 40% (10% from conjurer's trinket), DCI 45% (20% from head piece), SSI 50% with town bonus & divine fury casted and a rangers cloak - LMC 45%. 113 hit points only (!), 183 stamina, 83 mana - 260 stats sum.

For Khaldun, I had only crafted three weapons yet, one black staff with SSI 30%, hit mana & stamina leech at 50% each, and hit fire area 50% and some damage increase - one tetsubo with 30% SSI, HML 43%, HSL 50%, hit lower defense also 50% and a war axe for armor ignore with SSI 30%, HML 56%, HSL 42%, HLD 50% besides some DI.

I always had / have to joust - knowing when to run or to stay and switch weapon is key and in Khaldun, I have to move all the time - also vs. the 'boss'. If the colored sparkles begin to intensivate, it's time to run back a bit before you get dismounted / disarmed / thrown back. If I missed that, I often found myself back in "grey scales".

Although I had to admit it - lately I had used the sampire "wannabee" from level one up to level four - then I'll get my tamer disco bard for the last phase of level four and the boss. Most times, I use my 2nd account there as a "rezzing station" for the warrior as I often collect grey robes - even with 120 RS, I'm sometimes just too slow or ran too much / too early or generally in the wrong moment.

During the spawn levels I switch between the black staff and the tetsubo - depending on the amount of mobs that surround me. For lesser crowds (2-3), I use frenzied whirlwind of the tetsubo - whirlwind of the black staff if the surounding crowd is large(r). For the boss I switch between the tetsubo and the war axe.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice one.

Seems like sampires are ok to do minor stuff there :). And also help with boss...... But indeed "Khal Ankur" is not to solo with my build. I put it same slot with Lady Melisande and Monstrous Interred Grizzle "Soloable but with tamer" :)
Thanks for info!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Tldr.

Imo and experience resist spells doesn't make a spawn any quicker.

I barely run it on any character anymore, for any purpose PvP or PvM, I think running poisoning is better than resist for the auto cure, and anatomy better than both. Unless I'm running some unique build with an unusual point spread id 120 anatomy for damage.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I run 120 Resist because the main things I fight with my sampire at the moment are undead runs, especially doom, and being blood oathed instakilled sucks, especially when clearing DF spawn and being whacked by a poorly timed spell.
Other spawns such as Rikky, Demon champ, Medusa, I run 120 anatomy instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run 120 Resist because the main things I fight with my sampire at the moment are undead runs, especially doom, and being blood oathed instakilled sucks, especially when clearing DF spawn and being whacked by a poorly timed spell.
Other spawns such as Rikky, Demon champ, Medusa, I run 120 anatomy instead.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeh. Just this. Chose skills as you are most effective without the cost of survivability.
I never use SR at champs (Because of no need) but totally do it in Doom and Corgul for example. I think those are almost impossible without RS! I even change form to wraith with Corgul too for example.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeh.. let's get this thread back to tack:

The idea of "Modern sampire" is NOT running without RS always, just content that does not need RS.

So what is real points of this build:

1) Basic sampire was really powerful build that has been found many years ago.
2) "Dragoon"-paladin (No necromancy build) was introduced about 2014 and it was indeed LOT better than normal sampire build.
3) Because of new items it was possible to make 800 skill point build.. so you take necromancy back without losing Dragoons effectiveness.

So:
Use Dragoon over Sampire but use "Moder sampire" over Dragoon

One of main point is also use "refinements + high parry + evansion/confidence" over "high DCI"

So this build can or cannot have RS... it does not matter. It can also have necro 20 for wraith form or lumberjack skill.. So maybe a better name would be "modern warrior" build? But I call it "modern sampire" because I run in vampire form 95% of time.

Read first post to get full image.

Complaining about RS on champs should be in own thread like "Should warriors use RS on champs?"

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
Hey FT, just wanted to give you an update on my build.

Took RS off and the damage output went way up. Refinements, parry and evasion is a great combination. The only negative thing I've seen so far with no RS is insta-kill when dark fathers blood oath. Anything blood oathing is bad news.

Also on spawning I don't know how people can solo in 18-24 mins seems like a stretch still.... 35-40 min average time I'm seeing but trying to improve.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Took RS off and the damage output went way up. Refinements, parry and evasion is a great combination. The only negative thing I've seen so far with no RS is insta-kill when dark fathers blood oath. Anything blood oathing is bad news.

Also on spawning I don't know how people can solo in 18-24 mins seems like a stretch still.... 35-40 min average time I'm seeing but trying to improve.
I very quickly tried to find the template that you're using but couldn't. Personally, I always run 100 resist but I never run chiv. If you can build a suit based on that it's a complete waste imo.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could always swap chiv for resist but I seem to do fine without it for now. I don't understand why the suit is a waste. Can you explain?
As said before:

Run with RS on DOOM!

Run without RS on champs (Neiras/liches blood oath is easy if you keep eyes open)

So use soulstone for swap Anatomy <--> RS

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is how I run on Doom:
Bushido 80
Anatomy 120
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Lumber 100
Necro 99
Resisting 120

You cannot make skill combinations that wins everywhere

Here is how I run on Corgul (Can I even call me Sampire when Wraith form :) )
RS 100
Anatomy 120
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Parry 100
Necro 20
Chiv 100
Heal 120

I said before:
Maybe a better name would be "modern warrior" build? But I call it "modern sampire" because I run in vampire form 95% of time.

Things that u need keep on every skill combinations:
Refinements
Decreased DCI
Skills about 800p

In short:
Do not try run always with RS
AND
Do not try run always without RS

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is how I run on Doom:
Bushido 80
Anatomy 120
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Lumber 100
Necro 99
Resisting 120

You cannot make skill combinations that wins everywhere

Here is how I run on Corgul (Can I even call me Sampire when Wraith form :) )
RS 100
Anatomy 120
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Parry 100
Necro 20
Chiv 100
Heal 120

I said before:
Maybe a better name would be "modern warrior" build? But I call it "modern sampire" because I run in vampire form 95% of time.

Things that u need keep on every skill combinations:
Refinements
Decreased DCI
Skills about 800p

In short:
Do not try run always with RS
AND
Do not try run always without RS
I agree with pretty much everything you've said. I just have one issue and that's wasted skill points. In Doom you run with 100 LJ and it's overkill.

For the damage increase cap (300 cap)
Damage Increase for items = 100 *** Divine Fury spell will add up to 20% damage increase as part of this 100 cap
120 Tactics then (120/1.6) + 6.25 = 81.25
120 Anatomy then (120/2) +5 = 65
150 Strength then (150*.3) +5 = 50
For a total of 296.25 which means its impossible to hit 300 here unless you have LJ.
20 LJ (Skill Level/5) *if below GM* will add 4.0, reaching the 300 cap.

Unless you're running really low DI on items or low strength you can use those points elsewhere and your damage won't be any lower. For special move consideration, I personally would drop LJ and add parry and/or bump bushido higher since it'll also help with defense.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
I very quickly tried to find the template that you're using but couldn't. Personally, I always run 100 resist but I never run chiv. If you can build a suit based on that it's a complete waste imo.
Can you elaborate on how my suit build is a complete waste?

When it is needed I would swap the resist spells skill but how this relates to my suit... I don't see a correlation.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
What I don't agree with in this thread is all the absolutes. Run what you want. It all works if you know what you're doing. Saying NEVER do x in y situation or ALWAYS use a for b situation is silly. And if you don't know what you're doing, that's how you learn! Not by trying to jump ahead and copy someone else who has done it AFTER z amount of years practice, has all the skills and gear at the right levels.

Bare this in mind, at some point long ago, players took their 7x GM characters out in basic resist armour and completed spawns. The only thing they've bumped is the final boss. Just because more is possible on equipment and skills, and people are claiming their speed running x spawn, doesn't in ANY way invalidate the fact that you can still do all encounters with the basic skills/gear. Doom is doable on a 7x GM Ninja in Cat Form.

I'd be more impressed with a post from an advanced player showing how they beat a boss with minimum skills/gear than with 120's/Cameo level stuff. At least then you might be of some motivation/inspiration to players that are struggling. Posting how you can do it with end game setup that will look unobtainable to some then claiming it is the ONLY way to do x, or never to do y is silly.

This is no comment on the OP's template/setup/approach. My point is just that there is always multiple ways to do anything. Yes some may work better or faster than others but it doesn't mean the other way is less valid.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Some people say keep dci low, some say max it. Can anyone confirm the correct dci for a sampire?

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
What I don't agree with in this thread is all the absolutes. Run what you want. It all works if you know what you're doing. Saying NEVER do x in y situation or ALWAYS use a for b situation is silly. And if you don't know what you're doing, that's how you learn! Not by trying to jump ahead and copy someone else who has done it AFTER z amount of years practice, has all the skills and gear at the right levels.

Bare this in mind, at some point long ago, players took their 7x GM characters out in basic resist armour and completed spawns. The only thing they've bumped is the final boss. Just because more is possible on equipment and skills, and people are claiming their speed running x spawn, doesn't in ANY way invalidate the fact that you can still do all encounters with the basic skills/gear. Doom is doable on a 7x GM Ninja in Cat Form.

I'd be more impressed with a post from an advanced player showing how they beat a boss with minimum skills/gear than with 120's/Cameo level stuff. At least then you might be of some motivation/inspiration to players that are struggling. Posting how you can do it with end game setup that will look unobtainable to some then claiming it is the ONLY way to do x, or never to do y is silly.

This is no comment on the OP's template/setup/approach. My point is just that there is always multiple ways to do anything. Yes some may work better or faster than others but it doesn't mean the other way is less valid.

Totally agree with you sir. Information presented should be used as a guideline not absolute.

My template is different from what is listed and it works for me. Having experienced players chime in and offer expertise is very valuable. It allowed me to shorten the learning curve.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Hmmm.... I think you are misunderstood this thread.

1) This thread IS for making max effect PVM character.

2) This thread IS NOT how to make Doom and other PVM with cat ninja or so on characters.
(And yes Doom is doable with many characters... but this thread is just how to make it most effective way)

I have ninja PVM character and bard PVM character.... but this is a totally wrong thread for them.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some people say keep dci low, some say max it. Can anyone confirm the correct dci for a sampire?
Low DCI (Because of refinements). If you do not use refinements then max DCI.
Best is +5 to every resist and DCI 20 on PVM.
High parry + high bushido + low DCI also works great together.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's about getting the counter attack to fire off. You could try running some jewels that lower your dci to try it before you refine your suit. See if the ca goes off enough to justify putting effort into the suit.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Dingo, I agree with you on the chiv being a waste, except for neira. I run with fiddy chiv.

As far as the 18-24 minutes, do you use open paperdoll? I will run in a big circles and get screens of munsters to target me, then I'll run into the middle, hit evade, and ww. Mows 'em down. Resist is necessary or a few mana vamps/para's and you aren't ww'ing and death results.

If you are on atl, I can meet up with you and show you.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you elaborate on how my suit build is a complete waste?

When it is needed I would swap the resist spells skill but how this relates to my suit... I don't see a correlation.
My mistake is not communicating more clearly.

With a suit/skills built for it, chivalry is a complete waste when fighting spawn/peerless/etc that have a slayer. I don't know what your suit looks like as I don't see it posted anywhere in thread.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
Dingo, I agree with you on the chiv being a waste, except for neira. I run with fiddy chiv.

As far as the 18-24 minutes, do you use open paperdoll? I will run in a big circles and get screens of munsters to target me, then I'll run into the middle, hit evade, and ww. Mows 'em down. Resist is necessary or a few mana vamps/para's and you aren't ww'ing and death results.

If you are on atl, I can meet up with you and show you.

Yeah, I've been trying to mob them, evade and WW in the middle. I suppose my targeting and attacking may need some work. I think the area where the spawn is plays a part in the time as well. Confined spaces equals quicker monster deaths compared to scattered spawn in rough terrain.

Hit area spell would help as well yet I don't have that on my weapon just now. Will keep trying to improve!

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
My mistake is not communicating more clearly.

With a suit/skills built for it, chivalry is a complete waste when fighting spawn/peerless/etc that have a slayer. I don't know what your suit looks like as I don't see it posted anywhere in thread.
I understand what you are saying. I may lower it further in the future as I go along. Thanks for the input.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hmmm.... I think you are misunderstood this thread.

1) This thread IS for making max effect PVM character.

2) This thread IS NOT how to make Doom and other PVM with cat ninja or so on characters.
(And yes Doom is doable with many characters... but this thread is just how to make it most effective way)

I have ninja PVM character and bard PVM character.... but this is a totally wrong thread for them.
No, I understand the thread just fine. There are several posts in this thread that condemn previous versions of templates that are still perfectly effective and say this is better than that, and that is better than this, this is nonsense as all can still achieve the same result, doing so in 100m suit vs 100k suit does not change the end result and only deters people at different levels by giving them false information. How many times have you seen newer players on boards claiming they can't start because they don't have 10's of millions to buy gear they 'THINK' they need off vendors? When in reality they do not need it.

In response to #2, 'most effective way' is subjective. This is the absoloutes you are talking about throughout this thread that I wholly reject.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In response to #2, 'most effective way' is subjective. This is the absoloutes you are talking about throughout this thread that I wholly reject.
Yeh. I really like playing with all kind of characters. And I have tried/ still play with many funny but "not so fast" builds... And I still play with them for the challenge and because it is fun.

But:
If you maximize your play style and maximize your suit for example with a warrior... you will end up "only one" build + suit per subject you try "master". Only one combination can be fastest.. it is mathematics.
You have good points and wisdom... but I think we still don't talk about the same subject.

I try to help people not harm them with maximizing stuff:

I try correct misunderstoods like:
For example, this is not anyhow correct. It can be look effective with "out dated" playstyle and/or "out dated" suit.. but it is not the truth.

And I fear:
In name of effectiveness, there are only absolutes... in good and in bad.
Maximizing is a lot like mathematics... somebody sees it very boring but somebody really likes it.

And my suit/build is NOT most effective.. but it is one step near it.. until somebody again founds better. I can easily find some fixes for it now... but those are so minor that they affect only a few %:s on effectiveness.

What I try next is find jewelry with skills 80%+ on both.. and then I can get "dream build" with anatomy AND RS combined o_O.. But I cannot hit it yet.

Last edited:

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You need this as "print race over 100 meters".

You can totally run it as any kind of human... you can also wear any kind of shoes. And this can be FUN and runner can also BELIVE that he is the best runner in the world!! (think this as old skill 720 RS sampire etc "old school" build)

And I REALLY respect runner who runs it with wooden shoes. And it will be totally fun to watch. (Think this as cat ninja)

But after all Usain Bolt (think this as modern sampire with great playing skill) wins every one with his Puma shoes (modern sampires suit & skill set)?

Of course, he changes shoes (as modern sampire changes his suit and skill set) depending on track (think track as a boss).

But to win you need:
Usain Bolt (modern sampire)
Puma Shoes (suit & skill set)
Great Skill (playing style)
But one day... somebody will crush Usain Bolt.

And Usain Bolt cannot beat (or it really hard or not worth of trying) to beat Mike Tyson on boxing? (Think Tyson as Lady Melissande :) )

But yes... also as said many times before: Because champs are nowadays soooooooo easy you should compare "real end game" stuff like: Travestry, Corgual and Roof to see the difference... and soon you will agree on absoluteness.

The dragon turtle is also a great place to see the difference. As it is "semi end game" and as it is totally doable on both (old 720/RS build VS moder sampire build) it is a great place to see the difference on effecteviness!

Is this all fun.. I don't know,, maybe not?.... but it all indeed absolute.

Last edited: