• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELP! Can you ID this Evil/Hero circa 2000 gump?

cheezefrog

Visitor
Hello everyone,

For research purposes...I am attempting to find an original OSI screenshot of how the Evil / Hero system for life force points was used to purchase items.

"Life force points are expended when a character invokes his/her powers. TBB & COM use the phrase ‘I invoke my good powers’ SL and MNX use the phrase ‘I invoke my evil powers’. These phrases trigger a menu with the following options."

• Colored Armor
  • Detect Evil/Good
  • Summon Familiar
  • Bless
  • Silver/Dark steed
  • Holy/Unholy Shield

I have searched the bowels of the internet and there is not a single picture I can find of this old looking menu/gump. Does anyone recall what this menu looked like or by the grace of God have a picture of it still from about 2000-2001?

thank you for any input.

Hero and Evil System; Siege Perilous - Old Stratics

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could try to look for a free shard that has a rule set from that period? See if they have the classic Gump. Would be a super unique shard with Siege rule set but who knows.

cheezefrog

Visitor
Thanks for the reply, I will try that but I do not think there are any current classic freeshards out there that have Siege rulesets.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello everyone,

For research purposes...I am attempting to find an original OSI screenshot of how the Evil / Hero system for life force points was used to purchase items.

"Life force points are expended when a character invokes his/her powers. TBB & COM use the phrase ‘I invoke my good powers’ SL and MNX use the phrase ‘I invoke my evil powers’. These phrases trigger a menu with the following options."

• Colored Armor
  • Detect Evil/Good
  • Summon Familiar
  • Bless
  • Silver/Dark steed
  • Holy/Unholy Shield

I have searched the bowels of the internet and there is not a single picture I can find of this old looking menu/gump. Does anyone recall what this menu looked like or by the grace of God have a picture of it still from about 2000-2001?

thank you for any input.

Hero and Evil System; Siege Perilous - Old Stratics
Gosh - it has been too long - sorry I can not remember. I am looking for an old screenshot but I have had too many hard disk crashes over the years to have much hope.

cheezefrog

Visitor
So I came across this forum post. In that thread...the discussion of white armor and black armor being initiaizted by using the phrases:
White armor - Vidda K'balc - Invoking this power, then targeting an equipped piece of armor turns it white. When unequipped, the item returns to its natural color. - 1 - 1
Black armor - Vidda K'balc - Invoking this power, then targeting an equipped piece of armor turns it true black. When unequipped, the item returns to its natural color. - 1 - 1

Hero/Evil old, revised, and suggestions. | UO:R Forums

Although this information is pertaining to "pre-factions", was their actually even a menu at ALL for the Evil/Hero system? or was it just "string" based command of which initiated a target cursor to hue a clothing item; rather ice white, or evil mage black?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't recall how it was done before factions but I do know that before a certain patch hero and evil dyed items could be equipped by anyone and they retained their hero/evil color.