1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! Can you ID this Evil/Hero circa 2000 gump?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by cheezefrog, Nov 7, 2018.

1. cheezefrog

cheezefrog Visitor

Hello everyone,

For research purposes...I am attempting to find an original OSI screenshot of how the Evil / Hero system for life force points was used to purchase items.

"Life force points are expended when a character invokes his/her powers. TBB & COM use the phrase ‘I invoke my good powers’ SL and MNX use the phrase ‘I invoke my evil powers’. These phrases trigger a menu with the following options."

• Colored Armor
    • Detect Evil/Good
    • Summon Familiar
    • Bless
    • Silver/Dark steed
    • Holy/Unholy Shield

I have searched the bowels of the internet and there is not a single picture I can find of this old looking menu/gump. Does anyone recall what this menu looked like or by the grace of God have a picture of it still from about 2000-2001?

thank you for any input.

Hero and Evil System; Siege Perilous - Old Stratics

noChance219 likes this.
  2. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Could try to look for a free shard that has a rule set from that period? See if they have the classic Gump. Would be a super unique shard with Siege rule set but who knows.

Baby Doll and Igg A Pie like this.
  3. cheezefrog

cheezefrog Visitor

Thanks for the reply, I will try that but I do not think there are any current classic freeshards out there that have Siege rulesets.

4. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

Gosh - it has been too long - sorry I can not remember. I am looking for an old screenshot but I have had too many hard disk crashes over the years to have much hope.

noChance219 and Baby Doll like this.
  5. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Gilfane

cheezefrog likes this.
  6. noChance219

noChance219 Visitor

7. cheezefrog

cheezefrog Visitor

So I came across this forum post. In that thread...the discussion of white armor and black armor being initiaizted by using the phrases:
    White armor - Vidda K'balc - Invoking this power, then targeting an equipped piece of armor turns it white. When unequipped, the item returns to its natural color. - 1 - 1
    Black armor - Vidda K'balc - Invoking this power, then targeting an equipped piece of armor turns it true black. When unequipped, the item returns to its natural color. - 1 - 1

Hero/Evil old, revised, and suggestions. | UO:R Forums

Although this information is pertaining to "pre-factions", was their actually even a menu at ALL for the Evil/Hero system? or was it just "string" based command of which initiated a target cursor to hue a clothing item; rather ice white, or evil mage black?

noChance219 likes this.
  8. Max Blackoak

Max Blackoak Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't recall how it was done before factions but I do know that before a certain patch hero and evil dyed items could be equipped by anyone and they retained their hero/evil color.

noChance219 likes this.