• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game is balanced. Add more stuff to pvp over (other thread locked)

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idk why you guys are fighting over balance changes the game is pretty damn balanced other then splintering there is a counter to almost everything. You should be fighting over the fact that there is practically zero Things to pvp over (plz dont say spawns) hence the yew gate mayhem. If i had to make any changes to actual pvp mechanics it would be

-remove splintering out of the game completely and remove the hci for bolas if this happens. If not able to remove it 100% allow it to be appled to have some chance at counter play with a 5 second timer to be splintered again.

-revert the super nova delay (zero reasons to take alchy now) and add a alchemy mastery that allows you to double conflag at gm alchy.

-remove cf

-remove pies or refinements one of the two.

-i think parry and evade are completely fine. Evade has disarm counterplay. But if it must be changed maybe make evade reduce damage by 50-60% of incoming spells instead of taking zero damage (not stackable with spellshield)

But once again the game is fine. Add more **** to pvp over ty :)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just when the other thread started to calm down and become more civil..... Anyway.

-Splintering - melee dexers would need something to compensate for it's removal. I don't see how bolas have anything to do with the splinter suggestion though?

-Supernovas, can't come to any agreement on that, they're still usefuil as is, but it actually requires a little strategy now with the slight delay.

-Remove CF? Holy **** I thought I was the only one that wanted that.. defintely 100% for removing it, or at bare minimum making a PvM-only thing.

- Fish pies, probably worse than refinements. (they negate more damage)

- Evasion - wouldn't that effectively make Evasion work like Feint? both of which are usable by the same template.

We do need more things to fight over, some objective-based pvp with meaningful rewards For Winning.

Can't be handing out participation prizes because it's more subject to abuses that way, like VvV is/was with stealthers when it came out. rewarding them just as much if not more for NOT Participating in Pvp.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cheating is rampant but yeah, "the game is fine"... :rolleyes2:

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just when the other thread started to calm down and become more civil..... Anyway.

-Splintering - melee dexers would need something to compensate for it's removal. I don't see how bolas have anything to do with the splinter suggestion though?

-Supernovas, can't come to any agreement on that, they're still usefuil as is, but it actually requires a little strategy now with the slight delay.

- Evasion - wouldn't that effectively make Evasion work like Feint? both of which are usable by the same template.

We do need more things to fight over, some objective-based pvp with meaningful rewards For Winning.

Can't be handing out participation prizes because it's more subject to abuses that way, like VvV is/was with stealthers when it came out. rewarding them just as much if not more for NOT Participating in Pvp.

I imagine it would be the same for melee dexers before splintering was ever added. I dont know anyone who plays a "pure melee dexer" you have nerve death strike archery and frinzed whirl wind and dismounts all have the ability to stop runners just takes a bit more skill. For novas the delay just makes no sence and makes it feel clunky. For evasion it would kind of work like fient but you would not have to hit anyone and would effect all imcoming spells instead of spells from one person. But i dont really have a problem with evasion as it is now was just a thought. But yeah they need to some how add stuff to fight over and rewards for winning that are not farmable on other dead servers

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How pvp balance used to be around release of Stygian AByss:

Magery +anything
Archer/Thrower/Melee (bush/ninja)

Now its like this:

Magery + Parry +anything (edited for Paiths sake)

Archer/thrower

Melee templates

Distance in between is the inbalance of the templates. Its this ridiculous in current meta.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
always for more things to fight over

having an objective is always huge for pvp, just take a look at everytime there is a well known big idoc. the pvp is MASSIVE, and 75% of the pvpers there dont even care about the loot, they just get excited knowing theres going to be a ton of people there.

think splintering, nova changes, and refinements are here to stay. too much investment is into those things across the board. As far as refinements/fish pies go, at least refinements offer a balance, reducing dci for raising resist max and vice versa.

oh and remove fish pies

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
always for more things to fight over

having an objective is always huge for pvp, just take a look at everytime there is a well known big idoc. the pvp is MASSIVE, and 75% of the pvpers there dont even care about the loot, they just get excited knowing theres going to be a ton of people there.

think splintering, nova changes, and refinements are here to stay. too much investment is into those things across the board. As far as refinements/fish pies go, at least refinements offer a balance, reducing dci for raising resist max and vice versa.

oh and remove fish pies
An argument to remove them would be the spirituality virtue. People were getting shielded for 10-20% of damage up to 200 hp and then that moved to just pvm.

5 damage on an arrow is like 75% damage reduction. on explosions its 15-25%, etc. It is clearly a bad mechanic.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How pvp balance used to be around release of Stygian AByss:

Magery +anything
Archer/Thrower/Melee (bush/ninja)

Now its like this:

Magery + Parry +anything

Archer/thrower

Melee templates

Distance in between is the inbalance of the templates. Its this ridiculous in current meta.
You are all sorts of incorrect that you can't even argue with what you are saying.

A mage with just parry won't be able to kill anyone. There is quite a lot of different templates since the patch almost 2 years ago. If you haven't figured out how to beat other templates that is on you.

Just about any template can beat any template (except maybe a straight parry mage because they are the worst template). 4/6 is certainly the hardest to kill in a 1v1.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are all sorts of incorrect that you can't even argue with what you are saying.

A mage with just parry won't be able to kill anyone. There is quite a lot of different templates since the patch almost 2 years ago. If you haven't figured out how to beat other templates that is on you.

Just about any template can beat any template (except maybe a straight parry mage because they are the worst template). 4/6 is certainly the hardest to kill in a 1v1.
Except no one is playing a straight mage with just parry are they!? Hence the +ANYTHING at the end, which could be (bushido, wrestle, anatomy, poisoning, ninjitsu, necromancy, mysticism, Shield bash, weapon skill, tactics) Cmon buddy, I even edited the original post just for you.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lots not rehash the parry thing, it's all in the other thread to be seen. I don't get why you have so much trouble tho. I smack people with my weaps all night.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except no one is playing a straight mage with just parry are they!? Hence the +ANYTHING at the end, which could be (bushido, wrestle, anatomy, poisoning, ninjitsu, necromancy, mysticism, Shield bash, weapon skill, tactics) Cmon buddy, I even edited the original post just for you.
A parry mage with wrestle/anat/poisoning/ninjitsu/inscribe will all not have the dps to be able to kill anyone. So saying "anything" is vague and would have a huge impact on the template. If you add necro/mystic it could be a well rounded template for group play, but it would be difficult to kill people one v one. Mystic has the best shot because it can load up a bombard for when people get low and want to run.

Add a wep skill and tactics with parry.. and you would have to hold a shield to take advantage of parry... good luck with that.

I could keep going. But, you are wrong. Also, I get hit a lot when I have parry. The amount I get hit without it is pretty insane.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A parry mage with wrestle/anat/poisoning/ninjitsu/inscribe will all not have the dps to be able to kill anyone. So saying "anything" is vague and would have a huge impact on the template. If you add necro/mystic it could be a well rounded template for group play, but it would be difficult to kill people one v one. Mystic has the best shot because it can load up a bombard for when people get low and want to run.

Add a wep skill and tactics with parry.. and you would have to hold a shield to take advantage of parry... good luck with that.

I could keep going. But, you are wrong. Also, I get hit a lot when I have parry. The amount I get hit without it is pretty insane.

120 parry with a weapon in hand is 20% parry chance, same as 120 Bushido/60 parry. In case u ever need to skimp 60 skill but want some amount of parry.

Toss a shield on when you get disarmed

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course we all need something new to fight over, part of the reason why pvp seems incredibly boring right now. We all know though if they added felucca only drops that the trammelites with throw a huge temper-tantrum and say its completely unfair.

The gear and plus skill stuff with power creep is whats caused the parry OP-ness in pvp. If players couldn't add an entire 120 skill to their template without sacrifice it wouldn't be this way today. Long ago people played nerve mages but had to sacrifice something like resist spells in order to play it, now its just do what you want with max offense with max defense. That's why I suggested no more lmc bonuses from armor or combat bonus to help combat the power creep. Non medable gear would still give you the choice of refinement but no free mana with it. Of course fish pies should definitely go or have some kind of massive cooldown in pvp to make them irrelevant.

Splintering should just slow without bleeding that way the special bleed on certain weapons becomes useful again. It should also not proc with any special whatsoever. Having it just slow would make it still effective for melee templates that have to be in range to hit people but not OP.

To paiths point up there, regardless of what combination chosen with mage/parry your chance of losing to a archer/thrower or melee template is incredibly low. The chance of whether or not you kill them makes no difference, they are still further behind the eight ball then your template would be. Of course there is the rare chance that the RNG gods may give them a kill like once in a hundred fights but it would be rare. I also think they need to put AI back to 35 cap for archer/throwers, that was a stupid change that no one asked for.

I am for putting caps on things also, like skill point bonus cap, stamina cap to slow down the ridiculousness of archer/throwers. The LMC bonus removal would also help bring archer/throwers back down to earth. These are just some of things needed to bring balance back to world of pvp.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the idea of guild control of towns or dungeons with town bonuses like tram. There's enough towns and/or dungeons related to the number of guilds that each could control one and base something off that

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I’m gonna disagree on the fundamental idea that the PvP game is balanced. It’s not but that’s ok. My reasoning is simple UO’s PvP scene isn’t really open to anyone who’s new to the game, or a casual player. If you want more people PvPing then something needs to happen to level the playing field between those hardcore players with multi plat suits and newer/more casual PvPers with out.

SWtOR did a good job with this, enter a war zone match and you were bolstered so the only real differences were skills you had access to. Gear/stat advantage was minimized by equalizing everyone based on their class. I know as a Sandbox UO doesn’t have the class system, but something in place to make PvP fun through objectives, or mini games in a setting that emphasizes skill and eleminates gear considerations might help. At the least it would provide a way new people to try and build skill at PvP without the heavy investment in time towards suit building and min/maxing.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure how i feel about an instanced pvp match. I much more prefer open world pvp.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would say the lack of reds is contributing to newer players having a difficult time getting into pvp. In the past there used to be big blue vs red group fights. They used to be a good way for a beginner to get involved. Now if a beginner wants to try pvp, they have to flag orange and be attackable by everyone. No newer player wants to do that .

Adding a town bonus for reds would go a long way.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would say the lack of reds is contributing to newer players having a difficult time getting into pvp. In the past there used to be big blue vs red group fights. They used to be a good way for a beginner to get involved. Now if a beginner wants to try pvp, they have to flag orange and be attackable by everyone. No newer player wants to do that .

Adding a town bonus for reds would go a long way.

A town bonus should be incorporated into VvV system somehow for that exact reason. And it shouldnt be like "this town has this buff, and this other town has this one". just make it so when you go to ur town stone you choose what buff you want to use.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Idk why you guys are fighting over balance changes the game is pretty damn balanced other then splintering there is a counter to almost everything. You should be fighting over the fact that there is practically zero Things to pvp over (plz dont say spawns) hence the yew gate mayhem. If i had to make any changes to actual pvp mechanics it would be

-remove splintering out of the game completely and remove the hci for bolas if this happens. If not able to remove it 100% allow it to be appled to have some chance at counter play with a 5 second timer to be splintered again.

-revert the super nova delay (zero reasons to take alchy now) and add a alchemy mastery that allows you to double conflag at gm alchy.

-remove cf

-remove pies or refinements one of the two.

-i think parry and evade are completely fine. Evade has disarm counterplay. But if it must be changed maybe make evade reduce damage by 50-60% of incoming spells instead of taking zero damage (not stackable with spellshield)

But once again the game is fine. Add more **** to pvp over ty :)
This was funny!! Says the game is balanced then recommends a whole bunch of changes!! :D:D

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure how i feel about an instanced pvp match. I much more prefer open world pvp.
I’m not saying to get rid of open world but adding an instance match system would provide a place for newer or more casual players to build up the skill set necessary without needing to invest the amount of platinum into building suits to keep them on a more level playing field

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you want more people PvPing then something needs to happen to level the playing field between those hardcore players with multi plat suits and newer/more casual PvPers with out.
All they really need to do for this is make gear imbuable up to 7 mods 700 intensity, but make it antique after goes past 5 mods/500 intensity. It's not going to 100% Close the gap in gear, but It would be a damn good start.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A town bonus should be incorporated into VvV system somehow for that exact reason. And it shouldnt be like "this town has this buff, and this other town has this one". just make it so when you go to ur town stone you choose what buff you want to use.
Agree, even though none of the other town bonuses matter because they simply don't compete with FC 1, in terms of usefulness, item-slots it's available & item weight...

That has also been suggested so many damn times, It amazes me that the Devs haven't bothered to implement it. It's a win-win after all.

I think the buff should cost like 25-50k gold for a 24 hour period use, even the existing trammel version should be setup like that. IMO.. would be a win-win-win at that point.

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was funny!! Says the game is balanced then recommends a whole bunch of changes!! :D:D
Lol if u read it i said game is fine but if they HAD to make tweaks those are what i would make :).

I like the idea of guilds controlling towns kinda like old faction fight raids over sigs but i do not think town buffs is the way to go. No one is going to build a suit around a buff that can easly be lost and if there not buffs that are worth building a suit around no one is going to care about 2mr or somthing like that and we will be back in the same boat as we are now. They need to fix the vvv point system so 1 theif cant win the whole town by him self. and revamp the vvv rewards with actual good rewards. Even fixing the actual leader boards and reseting them every 1-3 months and allow top 5 players or top guilds access to different rewards maybe differnt style/color vvv mount that last those 1-3 months then losing them on reset or somthing along those lines. Maybe a system kind of like spawning a vvv type harrower that is super hard to kill that takes a guild to kill not 2 people would be cool the items it would drop would have to be really good but not over powered and not a 100% drop chance items should be rare drops. An example is maybe a 1 charge powder of fort that gives u +5 durability on antiq items. When you controll a town you get a "skull" that last 2-3 days. Each town would be fought over once per day. Geting all of the skulls allows you to spawn this vvv harrower that is announced to everyone in vvv along with its location. The more towns you controll the more buffs you get towards killing it such as increased damage/ damage reduction..idk just an idea would be open to pretty much anything at this point.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agree, even though none of the other town bonuses matter because they simply don't compete with FC 1, in terms of usefulness, item-slots it's available & item weight...

That has also been suggested so many damn times, It amazes me that the Devs haven't bothered to implement it. It's a win-win after all.

I think the buff should cost like 25-50k gold for a 24 hour period use, even the existing trammel version should be setup like that. IMO.. would be a win-win-win at that point.

Another thing, I hate that u don't exactly know when it's gonna wear off unless you remember the time you used it
Should have a timer on it or something.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why don't all the PvPers just f*ck off to Siege as that is apparently the home of all PvP? Oh, sorry, forgot no insurance there 99.9% of PvPers could not operate without that!!

I retired from PvP at the Onset of AoS... Everyone else should have too!!
If items didn't make a difference as they do, there wouldn't need to be any insurance... and siege pvp would be thriving. but Items do make so much a difference, and without a "classic shard" theres absolutely no chance the devs will revert all of this just to make pvp good again.

Hence why we're trying to move forward

Pvp has had points that were pretty well-balanced for the most part... nothing some very minor tweaks couldn't fix. (outside of cheats anyway)

It's when the Devs add things to please PvMers (like Global Loot) that causes things that were once impossible to make without major sacrifices, now relatively easy without any sacrifices.

the imbalances between pvp oriented playstyles & pvm-playstyles (without them interacting with one another) are inverted, but the imbalance is persistent on both aspects.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

They keep taking they want a gold sink and IMO that would be the perfect one... Allow people to chose the buff they want from the stone at a daily price.

Also VvV should have a similar style system.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread (and the locked one) seems so biased to me
Balanced ? WTF
There are maybe what 3 pvp templets and 3 pvm

Lol What a joke this game has become its no wonder why most shatds are empty this game is very limited to certain templets and a f ing. Boring grind

How about skill caps at 740 and only 1 magic on a character at a time, and balance ALL skills at GM LIKE IT USE TO BE (or was closer to balanced anyhow)

Going to 120 on skills should only be for 1 at a time per character imho

Sorry I don’t have a clue here, I just remember playing this game years and years ago with all gm skills was more balanced more fun and far more templets where out there not this cookie cutter BS we have now

Not even sure why I bother we need a NEW LEADER

:postpics:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm not a PvPer in this game, but I enjoy PvP in just about every other game I've played. This comment won't be directly about PvP balance, since I don't have experience with that, but it will be about bringing in new players to the PvP game from an outsider's perspective. There are a few huge barriers I think a lot of players face (myself included) for entering PvP.
  • The toxicity of PvPers. Everyone knows what I am talking about. If you don't, then just spent an hour in Atlantic General Chat during prime hours. PvPers want more people to fight with, yet the learning curve is essentially a 90 degree climb. If you go out and try to PvP, you get killed by more experienced players (which is fine, that's how you learn). But then you are taunted endlessly in General Chat, being called all kinds of names, and told to stay in trammel. OK... so which is it... do you want more people to come PvP with you, or do you want everyone you kill to just stay in Trammel? If you want more players to participate, the toxicity levels of the PvP community really needs to get itself in check. I don't think I've ever seen a more toxic PvP community, and that includes League of Legends.

• Forged Royal Pardons and Blue PK'ers. This is a huge problem imo and one of the worst items put into the game. You basically have to treat everyone in Fel as a hostile at all times, because you never know what that blue character is going to do. I see notorious PvP/PK guilds always running around as blue, but they will jump you if they see you in fel. Removing murder counts is just way too easy and causes most players to just run around blue and still PK you. Maybe giving Fel towns a town buff option would help alleviate this, as people wouldn't feel required to stay blue for the town buffs anymore.

• Gear/Cost barrier for players. Others have touched on this, but there is a huge discrepancy between someone new to PvP and someone with a refined multi-plat suit. I don't have a solution for this, but just knowing that I would need to drop 100's of millions (let alone multi-plat) on a PvP suit in order to be competitive is just demoralizing.

• Consumables. I am not a fan of consumables in any PvP game, they are too much of a crutch and the meta always becomes defined by them. I've read posts from PvPers saying they have a "restock macro" that will fill their bag with ~150 potions and that will last them ~10 minutes of PvP. I'm sorry, but as a non-PvPer that just sounds absurd to me that consumables are THAT important in PvP.

Anyways, just an outsiders perspective on PvP and Fel in general. My intentions are not to insult anyone, I know the statements above don't apply to everyone, but they do apply to enough people that they are worth mentioning.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not a PvPer in this game, but I enjoy PvP in just about every other game I've played. This comment won't be directly about PvP balance, since I don't have experience with that, but it will be about bringing in new players to the PvP game from an outsider's perspective. There are a few huge barriers I think a lot of players face (myself included) for entering PvP.
  • The toxicity of PvPers. Everyone knows what I am talking about. If you don't, then just spent an hour in Atlantic General Chat during prime hours. PvPers want more people to fight with, yet the learning curve is essentially a 90 degree climb. If you go out and try to PvP, you get killed by more experienced players (which is fine, that's how you learn). But then you are taunted endlessly in General Chat, being called all kinds of names, and told to stay in trammel. OK... so which is it... do you want more people to come PvP with you, or do you want everyone you kill to just stay in Trammel? If you want more players to participate, the toxicity levels of the PvP community really needs to get itself in check. I don't think I've ever seen a more toxic PvP community, and that includes League of Legends.

• Forged Royal Pardons and Blue PK'ers. This is a huge problem imo and one of the worst items put into the game. You basically have to treat everyone in Fel as a hostile at all times, because you never know what that blue character is going to do. I see notorious PvP/PK guilds always running around as blue, but they will jump you if they see you in fel. Removing murder counts is just way too easy and causes most players to just run around blue and still PK you. Maybe giving Fel towns a town buff option would help alleviate this, as people wouldn't feel required to stay blue for the town buffs anymore.

• Gear/Cost barrier for players. Others have touched on this, but there is a huge discrepancy between someone new to PvP and someone with a refined multi-plat suit. I don't have a solution for this, but just knowing that I would need to drop 100's of millions (let alone multi-plat) on a PvP suit in order to be competitive is just demoralizing.

• Consumables. I am not a fan of consumables in any PvP game, they are too much of a crutch and the meta always becomes defined by them. I've read posts from PvPers saying they have a "restock macro" that will fill their bag with ~150 potions and that will last them ~10 minutes of PvP. I'm sorry, but as a non-PvPer that just sounds absurd to me that consumables are THAT important in PvP.

Anyways, just an outsiders perspective on PvP and Fel in general. My intentions are not to insult anyone, I know the statements above don't apply to everyone, but they do apply to enough people that they are worth mentioning.

Consumables are too crucial now. Cure pots are a necessity, refresh pots are a necessity, str and Dex pots are pretty crucial, apples are a necessity to most temps. About the only one you could safely say it isn't 100% needed is heal pots lol.

Yes gen chat is toxic as hell. Dunno what you do about that besides disabling gen chat if ur in fel. I agree it's a problem.

If a town buff existed for fel all my chars would be red

The learning curve is massive, in a 21 year old game where the PvP is heavily based on experience, and the players that PvP have 10+ years of that experience. Another means for PvP to occur where the newer pvpers didn't have to interact with the best so they'd have opportunity to gain necessary experience without being demoralized getting stomped out by the best would be great, somehow. I think some of this occurs in the early part of the day at spawns, but not nearly enough.

And I will go out of my way to help out a new player. Ya I may kill them, but I'll res them not loot them if it was obvious and they don't say a bunch of trash. Give advice where you can , but again experience is the biggest piece.

Last edited:

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You cant group 2-4 people trash taking all day in gen chat as the whole pvp community. Sure there are a few who will trash tak you no matter what but 95% of the people i know who pvp wont trash talk a new player trying to learn pvp. Now trash talking other players who have pvped for 10years plus is a different story and at this point is just part of the game and is all in good fun. As far as 5plat suits go you can make a suit for 100m and be competitive easly. Unless your making and archer lol. If you or anyone else need help making one or needs a few pointers feel free to pm me :)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with the consumables thing
I wouldn’t mind seeing them just remove them completely and rebalancing the game with out them

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn’t mind seeing them just remove them completely and rebalancing the game with out them
All that does is hurt the variety. Everyone would be on a 4/6 chiver or a lethal poison temp

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well make other templets viable then that’s what I thought this was about “ balance”

Honestly just because of consumables I wouldn’t even bother pvping

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why does everyone keep saying you need a multi Plat suit to pvp. You can get into the "competetive" range for like 50-100m. I know that's still expensive for new players, but don't give people the idea they can't pvp without dropping a Plat.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Damage needs buffed or resistances toned down. Maybe both. You want to increase pvp, make it so you don't need 4 people to hit a perfect sync on someone. Then people can play in smaller groups again, larger group fights would take more awareness and strategy so you don't get nuked.

When we talk about newer players getting into pvp ^^^^ is part of that. Pvp was the most fun when people had lmc mr and like 130 hp. Learning to pvp was fun. Now their damage gets limited, there's a ton of new consumables, worthless masteries and skills to wade through, a stupid number of mods to sort through. Even us experienced players can spend absurd time building and perfecting suits. Returning players aren't invested in the current game right now, so they aren't going to be as willing to sort through all this crap to jump back into it.

Tone down damage of slow swing weapons to counteract the ability to swing them as fast as high speed weapons, boost damage of high speed weapons (why is it so hard to hit a max ai with a katana or a leafblade when I can just swing a broadsword at cap for little effort?) and boost spell damage. Half of these specials are worthless anymore. Diamond maces used to be legit and now they're total poop. Bring more variety to specials again, more weapon variety, and make it so people can actually die again.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are maybe what 3 pvp templets and 3 pvm
Yea, lots of people are either oblivious to that Or they legitimately believe that it's ok... either way, it's not right.

Well, it would be much less complicated re-balancing without consumables factored.
Some templates like NS/DS dexers, that template really wouldn't be playable without consumables. it wouldn't have a reliable method of healing or curing.

All that does is hurt the variety. Everyone would be on a 4/6 chiver or a lethal poison temp
the 4/6 chiv part would make more sense if those templates had some offense.
The poisoning part yes... but that's also assuming poisoning remains unchanged.

Personally, the only reason I have poisoning on any of my characters, is because of cure potions to begin with... isn't that the only reason anyone has poisoning?

You got no chance to stop people from curing when cure potions have no cooldown, unless they run out. This is why I will never agree with nerfing shatter potions, you might as well not even bother poisoning people if you don't have poisoning skill, that is 100% because of cure potions. (poison immunity is a culprit, but this problem existed long before poison immunity was even a thing)... I've been in favor of poison immunity removal since I read about it in the patch notes... same with casting focus.

I mean without cure potions low level poison would be plenty to prevent healing and/or interrupt casting.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I also don't get why we can't have instanced pvp like uhh.. do I get in trouble for saying "other places" do if I don't give specifics? How much fun would it be to end up in random or decided teams in some dungeon to play CTF or whatever format you want and when you enter you're just a generic mage, dexxer or whatever the case? No plat suits, no "out iteming" someone, just a war zone with an objective? Spawn in with 100lrc and basic regens or whatever. Dexxers get a kryss and hci blah blah blah.

Seen stuff like this YEARS ago and is always a blast.

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a instanced pvp would be pretty fun. Random teams of 3 or 5...they had this on shard of the dead years ago for halloween. Each team started on different sides of the dungeon u would then fight each other and winner got to kill a boss in the middle that droped random rewards.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Captn Norrington or whoever I tag for this stuff. Can we get some quick moderation before we get another thread locked? The pvpers have decided to be civil and just suggest things instead of arguing here. People who admittedly don't pvp and only input are statements like this don't belong here.
Thank you for tagging me before this got too out of control again.

The pvp'ers have been completely within the rules and not antagonistic at all in this thread so far, and out of nowhere a couple people started blasting them all just for being pvp'ers and insulting pvp in general. This thread has been cleaned up and those off-topic posts blasting them out of nowhere have been removed.

Everyone, the other thread was locked already, let this one get discussed in peace please and feel free to report anything if needed.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we need to move the fights out of towns. One of the biggest reasons I never liked VvV change. I rather have base fights outside of guard areas or in dungeons. I always liked a king of the hill type fight like good ol Perfect Dark on Nintendo years ago. You highlight a small area somewhere in the dungeon and first team to hold for a certain amount of time gets the points and then a different spot lights up somewhere else and so on. Kinda similar to how the altars work now but much better since they wont be in towns. Just an idea that would be pretty cool. Maybe put a NPC outside of dungeons like the arena where you setup teams and go and fight inside.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CTF, set # of kills (i.e. Goldeneye 64's You Only Live Twice mode, or the lives limit in various Smash Bros games), time limit on fights (I know this is already in place, but it's for things that rarely/never get used: the Arenas and vvv towns), etc. But make them class-specific: Pick Mage, Swordsman, Fencer, whatever. It gives you a preset template and gear, you and another player duke it out. Or a Last Man (guild) standing battle royale.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i think a few instanced scenarios like shard of the dead but not another shard, would be awesome

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thread clean-up has been done and we still have people trying to derail this thread. It is real simple, if you have constructive comments, then post them. Thread bans and warnings will happen if you are planning on disrupting the thread by trolling as has been visible in this thread or turning it into "come at me bro, lets duel cause you always die and can't beat me one on one" posts as in the one that was locked. Keep it on topic, civil, and constructive. Minus a couple of people, this has been a constructive discussion as all threads should be on Stratics. There is no pom-pom waving, just trying to keep things within the RoC. Rules of Conduct | Stratics Community Forums

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea! Super balanced! Evade parry mages are weak!!! UO has never been so balanced! Splintering is trash! 4/6 chiv is ez peezy!

I don’t know why people even waste finger movements arguing..the people who defend it the most vehemently are the people who use it as a crutch lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since a lot of the current issues with templates revolve around tons of skill point increase gear, why not take thing back to basics and reward those using real skill points over bonus points. What I mean by that is if your a mage and have real 120 magery/Eval you get to use 30SDI, if your not real skill your SDI cant go past 15. Same can go for Archer templates where your SSI is capped at 60 if you run all real skill but only 30 ssi if your using skill point bonus. This way there wouldn't need to be a skill point cap and it would even up the playing field more. Make it so having lots of skill point bonuses a handicap in pvp instead of a positive.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really feel skill points need to be addressed I have been saying this for a long time
@Great DC has some good ideas but I also feel they need a cap 740 / 760 max

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So for a while now, I have been kicking around the idea of creating a sort of UO PvP league website that would host several different styles of tournaments, leagues, exhibition fights, and whatnot. It would be all inclusive and have different types of rules to support all skill levels. I can explain in more detail to someone with time and technical ability.

We have been abandoned by the developers of this game as they will always cater to their RMT overlords. The only way to create meaningful content for PvP is to do it ourselves.

Unfortunately, my web development skills are lacking as I specialize in legacy desktop software tools(mostly C# winforms). However, I believe my design ideas to be solid. I don't really have a lot of time to devote to the coding and moderation of this but I would be happy to work with somebody with the time and skills to try to get this off the ground. DM me if you want to hear more, but only if you you have the skills to help. Ideas are great, but I have been involved in enough software projects to know that ideas are the enemy of progress until an alpha product has been produced.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When people talk about Toxicity these days, it can usually be interpreted as, the person describing this situation has not learned how to deal with life.

Not enough life experience, been mollycoddled in an online virtual social media background all of their life, not learned how to interact with real people.

The problem is not the pvpers, it is the person who cannot deal with life.

Last edited: