• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 100 Release 2 Comes to TC1

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:( My old bug friend's fish trophys are still on the wall , wish not. Why did you change the art they were? Arg........ they are blobs now with stubby fins. The blue marlin is awful !!! Why? Why not just create new fish in this blobby stubby way? Leave the old as they were. I am so freaking disgusted over this. Game disgusted which we all know bleeds into how many accounts we keep. !!! I asked for years please let us use the fish tank fish art in the ridiculous death tank in our homemade tanks. No, you cannot do that. Yet you can ruin what was the trophy fish. Idc who thinks this is a silly complaint. It matters to me. I kept still about all the new art, some great, some not so great. NOT this time. Please return the trophy fish to their former glory,

AND where is the castle tool?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh this is new!

now shows the caps on skills in the CC pet gump!

i like that!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have a thread in the taming forum for pet changes. Thats a good change.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
These soulstone changes are not making me want to come back and play. I have to disable my mastery AND waste arcane charges to remove vamp form now? How about fixing actual bugs, what the s***?
Wouldn't just using SCROLLS be easier?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So the Grizzled Mare can't have it's slots adjusted but the Windrunner can in the very next publish....wow.
This is a misunderstanding in the wording of the patch notes as it relates to this change: "Pet Training: Pre-Publish 97 & Store pets that start Animal Training may have their pet slots updated based on their pet strength and will be given a warning before proceeding. "

All Vanity pets get 2 rounds of training, typically 1-3 slot. Due to the change above, and because Windrunner starts with innate Necromancy, it has a higher intensity value than it should as a 1-slot. When you start training on a Windrunner on TC, it will immediately jump to 2-slots (tested and verified this). You are then able to train it to 4 slots, giving it 2 full training cycles.

This still makes the Windrunner more powerful than other vanity mounts, as it can get the base damage of a 4-slot pet, while the others can only get the base damage of a 3-slot pet. The windrunner also gets "Free" Necromancy, should you want to make it a necromancer pet.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thats interesting.... so you can use 2 different slayers on them.... would the wolf slayer be considered the normal slayer and give you 3x the damage and the fey slayer be considered the generic and only give 2x????
Fey = 2X, Wolf = 3X makes sense.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested the Death Ray+Slayer Spellbook change, and holy **** is it powerful. With 120 Magery, 120 Eval, Lvl 3 Mastery and a Repond Slayer Spellbook, i was doing 250+ damage ticks to a Cave Troll. 340+ damage ticks to a discorded Cave Troll. Someone with a Dragon Slayer Spellbook helped me test Lesser Slayer damage, and it was doing 300+ damage ticks to a Greater Dragon. 430+ damage ticks to a discorded Greater Dragon. It was melting them. SDI does not appear to affect it's damage.
Death Ray deals Energy Damage, so it can synergize with a pet's Conductive Blast or Rune Corruption to deal even more damage. I do believe the oldschool Tamer/Mage (Taming/Lore/Vet/Magery/Eval/Med) has just been resurrected. Use a pet to tank (since getting hit breaks the Death Ray channel) and apply Conductive Blast/Rune Corruption, then sit back and nuke the enemy. The effects of Death Ray finally match it's icon.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like 3 slot dragons are the only pp pets getting smacked with the slot jumping nerf. They will automatically jump a slot. Sadly you can't train them before the patch.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tested the Death Ray+Slayer Spellbook change, and holy **** is it powerful. With 120 Magery, 120 Eval, Lvl 3 Mastery and a Repond Slayer Spellbook, i was doing 250+ damage ticks to a Cave Troll. 340+ damage ticks to a discorded Cave Troll. Someone with a Dragon Slayer Spellbook helped me test Lesser Slayer damage, and it was doing 300+ damage ticks to a Greater Dragon. 430+ damage ticks to a discorded Greater Dragon. It was melting them. SDI does not appear to affect it's damage.
Death Ray deals Energy Damage, so it can synergize with a pet's Conductive Blast or Rune Corruption to deal even more damage. I do believe the oldschool Tamer/Mage (Taming/Lore/Vet/Magery/Eval/Med) has just been resurrected. Use a pet to tank (since getting hit breaks the Death Ray channel) and apply Conductive Blast/Rune Corruption, then sit back and nuke the enemy. The effects of Death Ray finally match it's icon.
Sounds goods, seems we got a new toy.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Peacock mount...?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new art for the fish is horrid in so many ways. I can not speak for everyone but I have spent countless hours fishing for the trophy fish and crabs and lobsters and the art was acceptable. This is uncalled for and completely random to the point of provocation on the teams part.

Please change it back!

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm still in awe of them doing away with Barracoon, after all these years.
Just because some butt-hurt pansy-ass needed something to whine about.
Geeez people, go to your safe spots till you grow up
Agreed... 100% utterly idiotic.

I think you are being fairly ignorant in this matter. The term has some serious racist undertones. I think they did the right thing. Besides it certainly didn' t hurt anything by being changed.
Please... by that stupid type of logic they should immediately rename the "Clash of Clans" game because that too sounds racist.

Will be glad when this SJW crap falls by the wayside just as every other passing fad does.. **** is getting beyond stupid.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed... 100% utterly idiotic.

Please... by that stupid type of logic they should immediately rename the "Clash of Clans" game because that too sounds racist.

Will be glad when this SJW crap falls by the wayside just as every other passing fad does.. **** is getting beyond stupid.
There is a difference between sounds and is. Has nothing to do with SJW. The person who designed that spawn did so knowing exactly what he/she was doing. I agree PC has become insane and irrational in our society today. THIS instance is not one of those cases.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So beside a handful of good Changes they ****ed Up Fisher trophy and renamed barracoon because someone felt offended

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you want this nerfed? Because this is how you get this nerfed. Especially if you cross post here and on official forums :D

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you want this nerfed? Because this is how you get this nerfed. Especially if you cross post here and on official forums :D
It's powerful, but not OP. It finally let's Mages compete with Dexxers in terms of damage, at least until Mana runs out. Death Ray is pretty mana intensive, plus you can't move or get hit or it'll cancel the channel. You can't even use an item in your pack (such as bandages) without breaking the channel.

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bit of a difference there. Changing the name doesn't effect or hurt anyone. Why was a boss in the game even named Barracoon?
Guessing because people were unaware of the historical meaning of the term. Or they were and didn't care.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
A barracoon (from Catalan barraca ('hut') through Spanish barracón[1]) is a type of barracks used historically for the temporary confinement of slaves or criminals.
from wikipedia.

barracoon
noun
  1. (formerly) a temporary place of confinement for slaves or convicts, esp those awaiting transportation
from the dictionary.

so how is that racist?
a barracks used to confine slaves or criminals?

reading racism into that is racist.

im actually pretty disappointed that they changed the name because someone thought it was inappropriate.
sickening really.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
from wikipedia.

from the dictionary.

so how is that racist?
a barracks used to confine slaves or criminals?

reading racism into that is racist.

im actually pretty disappointed that they changed the name because someone thought it was inappropriate.
sickening really.

Que sera, sera

One thing the last couple of years has taught us, we are gonna get what Mesanna wants us to get lol. IT's her world, we're just paying rent...

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
"Made improvements to classic client movement speed to be on par with the enhanced client when pathfinding is enabled."

Did everyone miss this under client changes!?!?!?!?! Surprised there is no comments on it yet. Hopefully the programs list update will be out soon.
Is it enough to have the box checked for pathfinding? I hope you don't have to double right click to move faster, because that is not practical.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What is this about changing the way soulstones are being used? Was there something wrong with them?
Why mess with one of the few things in the game that work ok?
What twisted idea is behind this? Any 1 know more details? Cause if they make it so that the only char that can put/remove skills to them/from them is the original that used it, that is a major obstacle to using them.
Some people have soulstoned many skills, and use soulstones on and off in a very useful way.
Instead of screwing the way soulstones are being used, they should UPGRADE the soulstone system, remove the account restriction, and allow soulstones with 120 etc of a skill to be sold, and used by another account in same shard.
What are they talking about?
Any info appreciated..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are they talking about?
Some want them to put the skills in a menu type thing so soulstones are not a physical item that can be lost.

Nothing has changed. Train your pets.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried the "new" vault thing ?
Is it like a bank box, and not the useless juwelery box that they turned EJs bankbox into.
I do think they should lower the price to 250 sovs. having it at 300 just makes people angry, buying the vault, and then having 200 sovs you really cant use for anything is bad for business.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone tried the "new" vault thing ?
Is it like a bank box, and not the useless juwelery box that they turned EJs bankbox into.
I do think they should lower the price to 250 sovs. having it at 300 just makes people angry, buying the vault, and then having 200 sovs you really cant use for anything is bad for business.
And when has THAT sentiment really stopped EA from trashing things anyway?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I can't have a mastery active nor be a form before touching a soulstone?
Hey, this is the Age Of Computers, Bleak. How about if there's a problem with touching soulstones, then when I do something incompatible with the soulstone it just automagically* un-forms me and/or deactivates my mastery?

*I'm not expecting anything intelligent from the folks who turned the Sakkhra into humans and the Kotl into aliens, what the pancake.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't know that "coon" was a racial slur, but now I googled it and it's pretty obvious. No idea how people get triggered over this and even oppose it. The new name is pretty much ok as well :next:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't know that "coon" was a racial slur, but now I googled it and it's pretty obvious. No idea how people get triggered over this and even oppose it. The new name is pretty much ok as well :next:
I don't read too much into the negitive responses. I actually understand the frustration with the PC hysteria that has seemingly gripped the world in this day and age. Often times people will automatically claim overreaction because the PC police cry foul over seemingly innocent things so often that it becomes an automatic reaction.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are all ignorant about a great many things.
I have travelled the world with a job of mine but only recently on a holiday did I find out that in Turkey, if you don't belch after your meal it is considered a mild insult.
I do try to keep informed of the important stuff though....but so much just slips by

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't read too much into the negitive responses. I actually understand the frustration with the PC hysteria that has seemingly gripped the world in this day and age.
Has it? I don't share that view. More often than not, it's just some nutcase trying to push his racist BS. And when called out, crying foul that he is not allowed to say what he thinks.

Often times people will automatically claim overreaction because the PC police cry foul over seemingly innocent things so often that it becomes an automatic reaction.
Yep, and now they only need to realize the problem is with them and not with the society in general :)

I mean this instance is still about a name in a video game. Who knows when they have last seen the name on their own screens. For someone not totally embittered there, how can that be "sickening" or the like? :lol:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has it? I don't share that view. More often than not, it's just some nutcase trying to push his racist BS. And when called out, crying foul that he is not allowed to say what he thinks.
Which nutcase was trying to push his racist BS in case of Barracoon for the past 20 years? More like a case of some nutcase looking for something to get offended by.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which nutcase was trying to push his racist BS in case of Barracoon for the past 20 years? More like a case of some nutcase looking for something to get offended by.
My thoughts would be that a good friend of a certain producer complained, that's how a lot of things get done in UO, unless the senders name is Garth Grey, then nothing happens.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My answer was more in reference to the people getting offended by such an unimportant name change. The part you quoted was in response to "I actually understand the frustration with the PC hysteria that has seemingly gripped the world in this day and age.".

This change doesn't affect anyone and I actually couldn't care less. It's just a bit mind-boggling that people are arguing to keep racial slurs, just because they hate to be political correct.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have a problem with the name change... It's not as if this champ has any kind of deep backstory or connection to ancient Ultima lore. He's a riff on the Pied Piper...that's it.

The fact that the name has negative racial connotations is unfortunate. The fact that it took ~16 years to be "discovered" is immaterial to the previous fact.

Flippantly call it SJWing if you want, though expect to lose some respect/friends for your pronouncement. If it bothers you to consider the thoughts/feelings of others as equal to their own...it's you who has the problem.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed a new "feature" with the patch for Pub 100. When I recall back to my castle or house some of my vendors are now in War Mode Stance. They're fine when I log in, but if I recall out and back they go into war mode now. Either I'm not paying them enough or there is a rebellion coming. I've also noticed that some NPC vendors in Luna are showing up in War Mode. This is happening in EC.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've noticed a new "feature" with the patch for Pub 100. When I recall back to my castle or house some of my vendors are now in War Mode Stance. They're fine when I log in, but if I recall out and back they go into war mode now. Either I'm not paying them enough or there is a rebellion coming. I've also noticed that some NPC vendors in Luna are showing up in War Mode. This is happening in EC.
Pretty much all NPC vendors are in war mode since the last patch.
They are quite an aggressive bunch.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I don't have a problem with the name change... It's not as if this champ has any kind of deep backstory or connection to ancient Ultima lore. He's a riff on the Pied Piper...that's it.

The fact that the name has negative racial connotations is unfortunate. The fact that it took ~16 years to be "discovered" is immaterial to the previous fact.

Flippantly call it SJWing if you want, though expect to lose some respect/friends for your pronouncement. If it bothers you to consider the thoughts/feelings of others as equal to their own...it's you who has the problem.
but it dosnt.
or at least maybe it does in the US - but not all of us live in the US.
and this game does not take place in the US, its a made up place (just in case anyone was wondering).
just because someone wrote a book with the name in the title and the book was about slaves now all of a sudden the word being used in a game its racism?
thats guilt by association.... of a word!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but it dosnt.
or at least maybe it does in the US - but not all of us live in the US.
and this game does not take place in the US, its a made up place (just in case anyone was wondering).
just because someone wrote a book with the name in the title and the book was about slaves now all of a sudden the word being used in a game its racism?
thats guilt by association.... of a word!
You do realize the term didn't come from the book... the books title came from the actual holding cells called barracoons that where used to store slaves....

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You do realize the term didn't come from the book... the books title came from the actual holding cells called barracoons that where used to store slaves....
i know what the word means.
and yes barrracoons where used to hold slaves.
but that is just a part of what the word has been used for over the last couple hundred years.
by the same rational we will have to change the 'stout whip' used in the orc quest because the word whip is associated with the slave trade in the US.
and boat, we wont be able to use the word boat because that is where the slaves went into after they left the barracoons.
where are you guys gonna draw the line?

the word SOUNDs funny and has a part of it that sounds racist and it has a glancing history with the slave trade - BOOM - word is dead to us.
lets not consider that the word just means and not just in the US.

again, its silliness.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have enough racism in the US without having to argue to bring back a clear racist term in the game.

I had no idea where the term came from but after being educated I understand why racists used the term.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i know what the word means.
and yes barrracoons where used to hold slaves.
but that is just a part of what the word has been used for over the last couple hundred years.
by the same rational we will have to change the 'stout whip' used in the orc quest because the word whip is associated with the slave trade in the US.
and boat, we wont be able to use the word boat because that is where the slaves went into after they left the barracoons.
where are you guys gonna draw the line?

the word SOUNDs funny and has a part of it that sounds racist and it has a glancing history with the slave trade - BOOM - word is dead to us.
lets not consider that the word just means and not just in the US.

again, its silliness.

Please educate me on one other meaning of the word. Not including UO of course.