• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 100 Release 2 Comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All, We are pleased to announce the next TC1 Publish release will be available for testing on TC1 by 2pm ET June 14, 2018. Publish 100 is full of bug fixes, so head over to TC1 to check out the latest update. Be sure to check the notes for full release details. As always, we look forward to your feedback. There is a mandatory client patch associated with this release. Make sure you patch up your client before trying to access TC1 or production shards. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Pet Training: The Windrunner’s max pet slot has been increased to 4 which will be consistent with other store mounts providing two levels of animal training.
Lasher's max pet slot is only 3 though

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I knew I had some out of body experiences:

• Players must now be in their default body in order to use soulstones.

• The rat king Champion will now be known as “The Piper.” we were racist and didn't know it.
  • All rare & legendary High Seas fish can now be made into trophies. I need more space!!
  • Pet Training: Reordered Special Move list Wonder what this means.
  • Pet Training: Corrected issue where selecting Special Abilities would prevent the selection of magical abilities. Could be interesting if it allows some different combinations from what we have now.

They fixed a bug i reported. :cheerleader:

• Pet AI: Scaled up damage on the following special moves: Cold Wind, Steal Life, and Raging Breath.

Any damage is more than the 0 it does now.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Pet Training: Pre-Publish 97 & Store pets that start Animal Training may have their pet slots updated based on their pet strength and will be given a warning before proceeding. Pets will no longer be able to start training if it will result in the pet being over the max cap.
I really hope that doesn't mean legacy pets slots are going to start jumping....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone who has them will check. If it does, better sell off the Nightmares fast. Ill give ya 2M per.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Pet Training: Pre-Publish 97 & Store pets that start Animal Training may have their pet slots updated based on their pet strength and will be given a warning before proceeding. Pets will no longer be able to start training if it will result in the pet being over the max cap.
I really hope that doesn't mean legacy pets slots are going to start jumping....
Sounds like they will be, but I’m sure the the chosen will some how get to keep their maxed out impossible to get pets.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Going to train the few I have tonight. Just in case they do something silly.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

My guild will be thoroughly testing it when it's out on tc1 tomorrow and update the forums with any factual information we uncover.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must say that I was hoping for more additions to the original list after nearly a month of silence...

Here's hoping that there is a Release 3 with more squished insectoids.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Made improvements to classic client movement speed to be on par with the enhanced client when pathfinding is enabled."

Did everyone miss this under client changes!?!?!?!?! Surprised there is no comments on it yet. Hopefully the programs list update will be out soon.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • The rat king Champion will now be known as “The Piper.” we were racist and didn't know it.
  • I feel not nearly as racist as before this change. Social justice has been restored.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Noted in the list: "There is now a delay when toggling acceptance of trades in the trade window."

Is this to help prevent scamming? And I do like the possibility of commas. Remember ... we need to see it before we should believe/applaud it. We've all been around the block more than once.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, it looks like they're going to start jumping slots with that. Ridiculous.

Are they ever going to fix Necromage pets casting Conduit, and it not working? None of their single target Necro spells chain off of it. Physical/Cold melee pets casting Corpse Skin is a real problem too.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What was wrong with the name "Baracoon the Piper" as the champion from the Vermin Horde champion spawn?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Coon's a racial slur. Given his full name, it's a bit of a stretch, but
That's actually incorrect. The term baracoon (the whole word not just coon.) is a tempory holding cell for slaves. The term coon is derived from that.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm yes that would make sense, a limited number at each location, is that per shard? I am wondering though if they can make shared account storage can we all get that in future or just EJ accounts?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see shared between all accounts on the EA master, kind of like how the soverns are shared.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you purchase sovereigns, you apply the code to only one UO account and only characters on that one UO account can spend the sovereigns.
Ohhh...I thought it was shared across all accounts. I guess I never tried?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's actually incorrect. The term baracoon (the whole word not just coon.) is a tempory holding cell for slaves. The term coon is derived from that.
To be more specific, it's a type of barracks used historically for the temporary confinement of slaves or criminals.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you purchase sovereigns, you apply the code to only one UO account and only characters on that one UO account can spend the sovereigns.
Incorrect. Sovereigns are shared across all accounts linked to the same Master Account.

I've only ever applied the code to one account, but all my linked accounts can access them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What does the vault token do? Add a permanent vault storage?

They were supposed to pay for storage with game gold by the month.

If permanent, thats fine. They paid real $.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What does the vault token do? Add a permanent vault storage?

They were supposed to pay for storage with game gold by the month.

If permanent, thats fine. They paid real $.
It's 1 token a month, can prepay up to 3 months.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How much storage does the vault get?

Maybe there will be the auctions for the unclaimed goodies.
Tina Small's post above, #26, gives the details we know for certain. Though there ARE auction safes just south of the Vault, and Kyronix did say that auctioning off delinquent vaults was in their plan...though not when it would actually be introduced.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
"Trade windows will now support commas."

^^ :)

• Pet Training AI: Poison AIs now properly use the poisoning skill of the pet.
  • Pet Training AI: Discordance AI can no longer target itself.

Hopefully the poison change will open some new templates for pets.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Are you sure about that? It doesn't seem to be the way it's worked for me.
yes.
my main 3 accounts are all under the one main and when i add sovereigns to that main all 3 of those accounts have access to them.
has been that way since they came out with the sovereign system.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of the fish that I and some guildies had mounted on our walls have disappeared from our walls. I see the new art for the fish and I understand that we won't get the new trophies until we get the new publish but we no longer have the ones that were mounted before. Some of these fish were Game Record Sizes so we're hopeful that this patch today did not make them disappear.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The Cu Sidhe is now considered a wolf with regard to slayer damage, the Cu Sidhe also remains vulnerable to fey slayer.
thats interesting.... so you can use 2 different slayers on them.... would the wolf slayer be considered the normal slayer and give you 3x the damage and the fey slayer be considered the generic and only give 2x????

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still in awe of them doing away with Barracoon, after all these years.
Just because some butt-hurt pansy-ass needed something to whine about.
Geeez people, go to your safe spots till you grow up
I think you are being fairly ignorant in this matter. The term has some serious racist undertones. I think they did the right thing. Besides it certainly didn' t hurt anything by being changed.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of the fish that I and some guildies had mounted on our walls have disappeared from our walls. I see the new art for the fish and I understand that we won't get the new trophies until we get the new publish but we no longer have the ones that were mounted before. Some of these fish were Game Record Sizes so we're hopeful that this patch today did not make them disappear.
I read this and my heart skipped a beat as I spent a stupid amount of time a while back getting my personal fish collection.

Just checked and mine are still all there on my house walls. *whew*

I see your avatar is in EC, maybe this is an EC display issue?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read this and my heart skipped a beat as I spent a stupid amount of time a while back getting my personal fish collection.

Just checked and mine are still all there on my house walls. *whew*

I see your avatar is in EC, maybe this is an EC display issue?
Not an EC issue since the other two guildies are in CC.