• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soulstone Gump

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinko, I was wondering if you could consider making the skill/soulstone gump more idiot proof. I imagine when it was coded, the devs envisioned people swapping skills once a month or even longer. However, now this happens much more often. I change skill sets for different rooms in shadowguard, and when I am tired or frustrated, or sleepy, it's extremely easy to lose a skill.
I see two major problems with the current dialog:
1) "Remove all skill points from this stone and do not absorb them" should not be anywhere near the frequently used "Activate the stone". Ideally it should be buried in some menu and have 5 huge warnings before it lets you delete a skill.
2) Is it possible to flash a huge warning, or block action altogether if you are about to absorb a skill from stone while having one of your skills set to "down"?
I think these 2 changes would be a huge QOL improvement.
Thank you.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinko, I was wondering if you could consider making the skill/soulstone gump more idiot proof. I imagine when it was coded, the devs envisioned people swapping skills once a month or even longer. However, now this happens much more often. I change skill sets for different rooms in shadowguard, and when I am tired or frustrated, or sleepy, it's extremely easy to lose a skill.
I see two major problems with the current dialog:
1) "Remove all skill points from this stone and do not absorb them" should not be anywhere near the frequently used "Activate the stone". Ideally it should be buried in some menu and have 5 huge warnings before it lets you delete a skill.
2) Is it possible to flash a huge warning, or block action altogether if you are about to absorb a skill from stone while having one of your skills set to "down"?
I think these 2 changes would be a huge QOL improvement.
Thank you.
It's not that is not doable, but I can't even try because there is no soulstone tokens on TC... If you can transfer a soulstone token to TC and let me know where to get it I will be able to do something :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not that is not doable, but I can't even try because there is no soulstone tokens on TC... If you can transfer a soulstone token to TC and let me know where to get it I will be able to do something :D
Hell, for this, I'll buy one. Gimme a few minutes and tell me where you want it.

Edit: bought you a purple stone and transferred to TC. Let me know how you want to receive it.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell, for this, I'll buy one. Gimme a few minutes and tell me where you want it.

Edit: bought you a purple stone and transferred to TC. Let me know how you want to receive it.
If you have a house there I can get it from a public container, just let me know the house coords and map :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ok, the new gump is done, give it a try and let me know :)

Juan de Fuego

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm either completely missing how to use the new gump, or I have some sort of bug. I cannot interact with empty soulstones at all. Clicking them several times, I will get a message that I must wait before I perform another action. Skilled soulstones will display the gump, but on occasion, the gump will flash quickly and disappear.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm either completely missing how to use the new gump, or I have some sort of bug. I cannot interact with empty soulstones at all. Clicking them several times, I will get a message that I must wait before I perform another action. Skilled soulstones will display the gump, but on occasion, the gump will flash quickly and disappear.
Something is broken. It works fine for me. Have you tried switching to default UI and seeing if it works?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible that you have some limitation like the new "you can't use soulstones while you have an active mastery"?
Anyway check for errors and post a screenshot of the gump you get from default if you can :)

KingDavid PAS

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Soulstones work great for me, but a guildmate is having a weird issue. Soulstones with skills stored work fine for him (he sees the new gump). But empty soulstones dont respond, he sees no gump at all when he tries to store a skill on a blank soulstone.

Anyone else having this issue?

KD

Juan de Fuego

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmed with a friend that he is seeing the same thing. No gump when trying to access empty soulstones with Pinco's UI.

Update: Looks like this is only broken for one of my characters. No idea what is different for him.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinko, on the Absorb Skill gump, can you please switch the buttons for Absorb and Delete, and maybe even make Delete button smaller? Accepted UI standards place the default button (such as "OK" or "Accept") on the left, and "Cancel" on the right. So it would be safer to have Absorb on the left, and Delete on the right. It would also be great to make them look differently (Size and/or Color). Thank you.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No recent errors in the UI logs. No active mastery.

it turns out there was an error... and it was about the name of a skill not recognized :p
anyway it should work now...

Pinko, on the Absorb Skill gump, can you please switch the buttons for Absorb and Delete, and maybe even make Delete button smaller? Accepted UI standards place the default button (such as "OK" or "Accept") on the left, and "Cancel" on the right. So it would be safer to have Absorb on the left, and Delete on the right. It would also be great to make them look differently (Size and/or Color). Thank you.
I can switch them and change the text color for the delete button, but making it smaller wouldn't look very nice in the gump :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try now :)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinko, there is a small bug I noticed - when storing a skill on a soulstone, the confirmation dialog is titled "Absorb Skill". It's no biggie, but some might find confusing.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinko, there is a small bug I noticed - when storing a skill on a soulstone, the confirmation dialog is titled "Absorb Skill". It's no biggie, but some might find confusing.
what about a "passcode" to enable the confirm button on the confirm dialog before delete/absorb?
For example when you press delete, in order to enable the ok button you have to type: DELETE.

If even like this someone don't realize what they're doing, they should really stop drinking before using soulstones... Don't drink and use soulstones! :lol:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The passcode will be active on the next patch with the new healthbars.

For deleting a skill you'll have to type DELETE, for absorbing (when a skill is going to drop) you'll have to type ABSORB AND DROP.

I doubt there will be any other drunk test, unless you want to solve some math and type the result :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The passcode will be active on the next patch with the new healthbars.

For deleting a skill you'll have to type DELETE, for absorbing (when a skill is going to drop) you'll have to type ABSORB AND DROP.

I doubt there will be any other drunk test, unless you want to solve some math and type the result :D
Love the idea. Anything to make the deletion more difficult.
Oh and I don't drink. I am quite capable of deleting skills on multiple occasions while stone cold sober :D.
Jokes aside, when you are doing it multiple times daily, eventually you are going to be too tired, angry, frustrated and mis-click.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinko's I am seeing an occasional bug since the new gump was pushed. Periodically, when trying to store a skill on a souldtone nothing happens. No error message, no sound/visual effect, the skill stays on the character. This is not due to recent combat as I saw it happen after successful soulstone manipulations. Eventually it works, but it makes me nervous with my history of losing skills.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinko's I am seeing an occasional bug since the new gump was pushed. Periodically, when trying to store a skill on a souldtone nothing happens. No error message, no sound/visual effect, the skill stays on the character. This is not due to recent combat as I saw it happen after successful soulstone manipulations. Eventually it works, but it makes me nervous with my history of losing skills.
that happens because you're getting some unhandled message... if you find out what the message is I can fix it :p

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that happens because you're getting some unhandled message... if you find out what the message is I can fix it :p
I've done it before, but for the life of me I can't find how to open the debug window. Can you remind me please?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done it before, but for the life of me I can't find how to open the debug window. Can you remind me please?
there is no debug window, the errors log manager will give you the errors (if there are some). But for the thing you have to do here, you need to see when it happens and go to default to check the error message on the gump :p

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is no debug window, the errors log manager will give you the errors (if there are some). But for the thing you have to do here, you need to see when it happens and go to default to check the error message on the gump :p
Just so that I understand it correctly - I try (and fail) to store the skill under Pinko's UI, then switch to default UI and check the chat window for the error? Did I get that right?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just so that I understand it correctly - I try (and fail) to store the skill under Pinko's UI, then switch to default UI and check the chat window for the error? Did I get that right?
no, on default the normal huge gray gump pops up and there you have the error (or take the screenshot of whatever you got :D )