• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New healthbars

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just got an idea for a new healthbars system, similar to the mobiles list we actually have but improved.

The idea is to have the side dockbar (like now), but with the following differences:
  • Smaller bars: each bar will have only the lifebar with the name of the mobile over it and nothing else. As soon as you move the mouse over it, it will enlarge and show you more details (like the spells buttons, life percent, maybe even the main pet controls actions). Since you have to move the mouse over anyway to press any button, it will be quite the space saver :)
    Possibly I can do that the bar won't enlarge if you have a target cursor.
  • Categories: instead of the dockspots maybe the entire thing can be scrollable (since there can only be 20 bars total anyway), and with collapsable categories (which you can move up and down to prioritize which one you want to see first). The top category will always shows the bars, the others only if you still have available slots (customizable number like now obv).
    There could also be extra categories to even better filter the list like "Player Vendors", "Quest Givers", "Shopkeepers", etc...
    This will also contains the party bars, so every bar will be the same.
    Also each category can be set to be sorted by distance, health or simply randomly (as they appear).
    Another feature will be auto-hide certain categories (which one will be customizable), when you are in combat. So for example you won't see shopkeepers while you are fighting.
  • Filter: like now there will be a filter, but instead it will be on top of the list fixed. This filter will also be able to find any mobile on the screen (not just the one listed)
  • No more floating bars: the core idea will be to fix the issue of dragging bars around on screen, but instead giving you a "Lock Bar" button that will keep the bars in a category on top of the others. Or if you like them to be separaed from the group, we can have a secondary area where the locked bars are displayed horizontally instead of vertically (since there can only be 10). Obviously this bars won't count on the main list and you can have bars that you "drag manually" by clicking the mobiles.
    The important thing is that you won't have to waste time dragging a bar around, it will simply appears in the list locked.
  • Button for properties: no more showing the properties on mouse over the bar, there will be a button that will do that if you put the mouse over, so you won't be distracted while targeting.
All this will replace the default healthbars system that IMHO it looks too "clicky", and it's causing too much troubles lately...

Let me know what do you think about it, and if you have additional ideas :)

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've just got an idea for a new healthbars system, similar to the mobiles list we actually have but improved.

The idea is to have the side dockbar (like now), but with the following differences:
  • Smaller bars: each bar will have only the lifebar with the name of the mobile over it and nothing else. As soon as you move the mouse over it, it will enlarge and show you more details (like the spells buttons, life percent, maybe even the main pet controls actions). Since you have to move the mouse over anyway to press any button, it will be quite the space saver :)
    Possibly I can do that the bar won't enlarge if you have a target cursor.
I personally never use the buttons for casting on the mobs, so that is not a big deal for me. I do use buttons to cast on party member's pets and on my own (when I have multiple). So hiding those might be a hassle. I definitely would want to see mobs health bars at a glance (instead of mouseover) when I want to target the most damaged one in the crowd. So, I would not mind if the mobs spell buttons are hidden, as long as pet's buttons stay, and I would not want to hide health bars at all.

• Categories
    : instead of the dockspots maybe the entire thing can be scrollable (since there can only be 20 bars total anyway), and with collapsable categories (which you can move up and down to prioritize which one you want to see first). The top category will always shows the bars, the others only if you still have available slots (customizable number like now obv).
    There could also be extra categories to even better filter the list like "Player Vendors", "Quest Givers", "Shopkeepers", etc...
    This will also contains the party bars, so every bar will be the same.
    Also each category can be set to be sorted by distance, health or simply randomly (as they appear).
    Another feature will be auto-hide certain categories (which one will be customizable), when you are in combat. So for example you won't see shopkeepers while you are fighting.
    I love this - something like a scrollable window for mobs, separate window for party will make things easier to manage.
  • like now there will be a filter, but instead it will be on top of the list fixed. This filter will also be able to find any mobile on the screen (not just the one listed)
    Love this.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the health bar is broken, I think it is just fine, I just complained because I want them to work correctly. The only problem I see is the constant loss/error of friend/party bars after partying and breaking and partying again several times.

It is important to me to see friends and party healthbars with health and poison showing so that I can heal them. If you have to constantly roam your mouse over the bar to see that, by that time they're already dead.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the health bar is broken, I think it is just fine, I just complained because I want them to work correctly. The only problem I see is the constant loss/error of friend/party bars after partying and breaking and partying again several times.

It is important to me to see friends and party healthbars with health and poison showing so that I can heal them. If you have to constantly roam your mouse over the bar to see that, by that time they're already dead.
the only thing that you don't see by default is the percentage. The healthbar is under the name, so you will be able to see poison and all, and moving the mouse over will show the percentage and the other buttons, otherwise what's the point? :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So there is a way to differentiate yellow named NPCs somehow? Shopkeeper vs player vendor? What about yellow named EM characters?

We also still need a way to ignore the MF'n necro summons and the like.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So there is a way to differentiate yellow named NPCs somehow? Shopkeeper vs player vendor? What about yellow named EM characters?

We also still need a way to ignore the MF'n necro summons and the like.
By checking the name it should be possible to know the shopkeepers and the player vendors, I don't know about EM if they have something in the name...
necro summons have the same name of normal mobiles so there is no way to know the difference.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm working on filters for the next phase, so I need to know which filters would you like to see...

Here is the list of the one I have for now:
- Custom filter (text search result)
- Boss
- Quest giver
- Vendor
- Player Vendor
- Party Member
- Neutral Animals
- Summons
- Friend
- Murder
- Innocent
- Attackables
- Invulnerable
- Enemy

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since last week the client has become laggier... Tonight's event was worse than last week...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since last week the client has become laggier... Tonight's event was worse than last week...
well, with the last patch I've highly improved the performance so, you must check the other options. Try to disable the overhead healthbars and the boss bar...

Hopefully the new bars will be better, but until someone provides some clue on what's causing the problem, there is no way to know the cause.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try to disable the overhead healthbars and the boss bar...
BTW, in my case the boss bar keeps appearing despite being disabled. Happens on the roof with Virtuebane (not sure about others).

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well, with the last patch I've highly improved the performance so, you must check the other options. Try to disable the overhead healthbars and the boss bar...

Hopefully the new bars will be better, but until someone provides some clue on what's causing the problem, there is no way to know the cause.
I don't use the overhead bars, only the dockspot ones...I've never seen a boss bar pop up yet :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't use the overhead bars, only the dockspot ones...I've never seen a boss bar pop up yet [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:p[/bcolor]
Even if it doesn't appear the names scan might affect the performance in crowded areas ....

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since the topic is derailing, I'm assuming noone is interested in any other filter besides the one I've mentioned? :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While you think of any other possible filter you may want, I'd like to gather also some data on what would you like to have on the healthbars per category.

Here it is what I'm thinking right now:

All bars by default will have 2 rows tops (there are exceptions), and when you move the mouse over they will enlarge and show buttons, then when you move the mouse out the bar will shrink again.
A (i) button will be on any bar, and only by moving the mouse on that button you'll see the properties.
A Lock/Unlock button will be on any bar, and it will be the replacement of the extract action. Using it will move the bar from the category the bar is now to the "Watched" category where you'll have all the bar that right now you drag around.
The "Watched" category can have only 10 bars and will automatically remove the older one when you exceed the cap (you will be able to change that by changing the sorting method).

The following categories however, will be different:
  • INVULNERABLES:

• Shopkeepers:
      Normal bar: name on the first line, title in the second line
      Enlarged bar buttons: BUY, SELL, BANK (for bankers), GET BOD, BRIBE

• Player vendors:
      Normal bar: name on the first line, shop name in the second line
      Enlarged bar buttons: nothing

• Quest giver:
      Enlarged bar buttons: TALK (only for old quest givers)
  • PETS:
    Normal bar: name on the first line, healthbar in the second line, training progress in the third line, pet power hour star
    Enlarged bar buttons: red, green, blue spell buttons, stop, stay, attack, follow me commands, animal lore, rename, inventory

• SUMMONS:
    Normal bar: name on the first line, healthbar in the second line, time left third line
    Enlarged bar buttons: stop, stay, attack, follow me commands (if controllable), mass dispel (if you have enough magery to cast it)

• PARTY:
    Normal bar: name on the first line, healthbar in the second line, mana in the third line, stamina in the fourth line
    Enlarged bar buttons: red, green, blue spell buttons,

• ANYTHING ELSE:
    Normal bar: name on the first line, healthbar in the second line
    Enlarged bar buttons: red, green, blue spell buttons

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
since the topic is derailing, I'm assuming noone is interested in any other filter besides the one I've mentioned? :p
The set of filters you proposed is already pretty inclusive. I can't think of anything else.
Regarding the mass dispell button on summons - an it be placed on mob summons as well, like those pesky revenants some necro mobs cast?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The set of filters you proposed is already pretty inclusive. I can't think of anything else.
Regarding the mass dispell button on summons - an it be placed on mob summons as well, like those pesky revenants some necro mobs cast?
about the filters I was thinking also about other people pets if it can be of any use...

other people summons can only be recognized if they have the "(summoned)" tag, and for those it can be done :)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
about the filters I was thinking also about other people pets if it can be of any use...

other people summons can only be recognized if they have the "(summoned)" tag, and for those it can be done :)
I was thinking more of a PvM scenario. Some bosses like to call revenants. I actually never paid attention whether they have the "summoned" tag.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking more of a PvM scenario. Some bosses like to call revenants. I actually never paid attention whether they have the "summoned" tag.
if you find out let me know, because there are very few summons that doesn't have some kind of monster with the same name, and checking by name would make a lot of false positives :/

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you find out let me know, because there are very few summons that doesn't have some kind of monster with the same name, and checking by name would make a lot of false positives :/
Unfortunately I just managed to accidentally lose a skill (Animal Lore) even with your new enhanced soul stone dialogs (still not sure how it happened). So it will be a bit until I can train it back up and make it back to the roof. Hopefully I can make it before the pub 100 mess drops.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately I just managed to accidentally lose a skill (Animal Lore) even with your new enhanced soul stone dialogs (still not sure how it happened). So it will be a bit until I can train it back up and make it back to the roof. Hopefully I can make it before the pub 100 mess drops.
you're lucky it's just animal lore, if it was taming it would be much worst :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, those are my thoughts exactly. In the past 2 months when I started running roof regularly I also lost Meditation and Peacemaking. I suck at this game lol.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe You can adjust your Gump a bit .

1. Only make one big Button for absorb/store.
2. Implement a Warning if the absorb would drop other skills
3. Make a small delete button somewhere way down which if clicked has a warning gump too with a confirm button.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe You can adjust your Gump a bit .

1. Only make one big Button for absorb/store.
2. Implement a Warning if the absorb would drop other skills
3. Make a small delete button somewhere way down which if clicked has a warning gump too with a confirm button.
This post is for healthbars, anyway, the warning already exist and tell you exactly which skills will be dropped, there is also a confirm dialog and the delete button can't be more evident :p

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The delete button is to the left if Iam right.

I think (just assumption) that left is rather the OK button than the cancel button. I nearly clicked wrong at first try.

But it can be also only my own stupidity

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The delete button is to the left if Iam right.

I think (just assumption) that left is rather the OK button than the cancel button. I nearly clicked wrong at first try.

But it can be also only my own stupidity
no, the Delete button is on the right and the text is red :D
anyway, this: Soulstone Gump is the final thing I can do as drunk-check :p

Now, I'd like to keep gathering ideas for the healthbars in this post since the new healthbars will replace completely the current ones and there will be NO GOING BACK after this change...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what about a bandage button for pets if you have vet, for people if you have healing... and also a ress spell button for dead people if you have enough magery? :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PROGRESS UPDATE

I've finally finished the base healthbars for all the mobiles types like described before:

• All bars by default have 2 rows tops (except party members that have 4 rows: name, hp, mana and stamina, and pets that have 3 rows: name, hp, pet progress/summon timer), and when you move the mouse over they will enlarge and show buttons, then when you move the mouse out the bar will shrink again.
  • A (?) button is on any bar, and only by moving the mouse on that button you'll see the properties.
  • A Pin/Unpin button will be on any bar, and it will be the replacement of the extract action. Using it will move the bar to the "Pinned" category where you'll have all the bar that right now you drag around.
  • The "Pinned" category can have only 10 bars and will automatically remove the older one when you exceed the cap (you will be able to change that by changing the sorting method).
  • Remember that the healthbars CANNOT BE MOVED anymore.
  • When you pin/unpin a healthbar the bar will show a short animation (so that you can see where it is).
  • Quest givers bars will show a small ! so you can recognize them, it works also for the old quest givers and you can get the quest by double-clicking the mobile.

The following categories however, will be different:
  • INVULNERABLES:
    • Shopkeepers:
      Enlarged bar buttons: BUY, SELL, BANK (for bankers), GET BOD, BRIBE

• Player vendors:
      Normal bar: name on the first line, shop name in the second line
      Cannot be enlarged

• PETS:
    Normal bar: name on the first line, healthbar in the second line, training progress in the third line, pet power hour star
    Enlarged bar buttons: red, green, blue spell buttons, stop, stay, attack, follow me, guard commands, animal lore, rename, inventory, veterinary (this button will use a bandage on the pet if you have the skill high enough to treat it)

• SUMMONS:
    Normal bar: name on the first line, healthbar in the second line, time left third line
    Enlarged bar buttons: stop, stay, attack, follow me, guard commands (if controllable), release (for controllable summons/familiars) or mass dispel (if you have enough magery to cast it and cannot be released)

• PARTY:
    Normal bar: name on the first line, healthbar in the second line, mana in the third line, stamina in the fourth line, crown for the party leader bar
    Enlarged bar buttons: red, green, blue spell buttons, healing (this button will use a bandage on the player if you have the skill high enough to treat him), resurrect (only visible if you have enough magery and the player is dead)

• ANYTHING ELSE:
    Normal bar: name on the first line, healthbar in the second line
    Enlarged bar buttons: red, green, blue spell buttons, healing (this button will use a bandage on the mobile if is a humanoid and if you have the skill high enough to treat him), veterinary (this button will use a bandage on the animal if you have the skill high enough to treat it, and if it can be treated in the map you are), resurrect (only visible if you have enough magery and the player is dead), animal lore (if is not a humanoid), word of death (if you have enough spellweaving), kill command (if you have pets and the mobile is not friendly), honor (if you have 50+ bushido and the mobile is not friendly).
All the buttons will enable/disable based on the distance with the target.

Possibly I could add an extra button to the red/green/blue series for skills/items if you have something else in mind that can be used directly from a healthbar :D

Red, green and blue buttons save your spell of choice for you, party members and pets, for anyone else it will use the same choice.

And this is all I have for now on the healthbars itself.

--------------------------

Now I'm about to start the categories, and for what I can tell you by the tests I've made, the scrollable/collapsable categories idea is not that great, it seems bulky and not very user friendly at all. So I came up with a different approach.

The idea is simple, but should be much easier to use than the current dockspots... Since the cap for healthbars is 20, is pretty useless to have 200000 dockspots anyway :D
  • By default there are only 4 dockspots for everyone, no more extras. The dockspots are: Pets, Party, Pinned Bars, Mobiles.
  • Each dockspot will have the following options:
    • Auto-close if empty (very useful so they don't bother you)
    • Sort type: by appearance (default, for pets will be the order you got them out of the stable, and for party is the order you added them to the party), by health, by distance
    • Layout (vertical/horizontal, NOT AVAILALBE for the mobiles dockspot): this allows you to see the bars from up to down (like the current dockspots) or left to right. For party and pinned bar, you will also be able to choose if you want to see all 10 bars in the same row or split them in 2 rows (if you want more options for this, you have to let me know).
    • Filter (Mobiles ONLY): this will be a list of checkbox with a slidebar, and you will be able (for most of them) to choose if you want to see the mobiles of that type on the list and how many. It will also have a text filter.
      The filter can be saved with a name, and with the proper action you will be able to quickly switch it to any of the saved ones.
      The filters will be (if you need more, let me know):
      • Innocent (blue)
      • Friend (green)
      • Attackable (neutral creatures - not criminals)
      • Criminal (criminals)
      • Enemy (orange)
      • Murderer (red)
      • Invulnerable (yellow)
      • Neutral Animals
      • Summons
      • Boss
      • Quest givers
      • Stable masters
      • Banker
      • Shopkeeper
      • Bod dealer
      • Player vendors
      • Summons
      • Other people's pets
      • <custom text>
  • The pinned healthbars are capped to 10 (the number will be visible like you can see now the number of followers in the pets dockspot), and by default when you exceed the cap it will unpin the first one you pinned and add the new one.
  • The pinned healthbars are THE ONLY ONE that will remain open when disabled, any other bar will close when the mobile gets out of sight. If you are worried about party and pets, don't be, because the order will always be the same as long as you don't remove members of the party or stable a pet.
  • You CANNOT pin pets or party members.
  • The Mobiles dockspot outside the filters, provides a search box where you can type a mobile name and it will search a mobile with a certain name (or shop name) through all the mobiles on the screen (not just the ones listed at that moment), and show their bars. By pressing the X to remove the text filter, the previous list will be restored. You can restore the list also by loading a filter set with the proper action.
  • The mobiles dockspot will show the bars on 2 columns (10 per column), and is capped to 20 total (no matter how you set the filters).
With this system you can have up to 47 status active at time: yourself, 1 boss (if the boss bar is active), 5 pets, 10 party members, 10 pinned bars, 20 misc mobiles (based on your filtering).

IMHO this system should be easy enough to use, and will remove the current annoyance of dragging the bar around before targeting or the problem of having bars scattered all over the screen :D

Anyway this system is COMPLETELY REPLACING the current one, so if you have something to say about it now is the time to talk, once will be finished I will only be able to tweak it and there will be NO WAY BACK.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question:
I've noticed that the client is VERY sensitive when you try to drag a bar from the world, in fact as soon as you click a mobile it tries to create the healthbar. So the question is: how bad would be if to create a bar you had to do it from the current target/pinning the bar from the list? :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, here is a little preview, don't mind the empty rectangles around that won't be visible in the final version. Also the pinned dockspot is not there yet, but still, this should start to give you an idea on what's coming :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will there still be "dots" on the bars to cast Greater Heal, Cure and Invis?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they are there, look at the open bar :D
when you move the mouse over a bar, it will open and the buttons appears (and also pause the refresh of the list the bar is in).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh and also if you need a fourth customizable button for items/skills instead of spells I'm collecting ideas about it... :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they are there, look at the open bar :D
when you move the mouse over a bar, it will open and the buttons appears (and also pause the refresh of the list the bar is in).
OMG Pausing the Refresh is awesome. That was one thing in the Mobile Docks that drove me crazy when trying to heal one person or pet and as you click it moves...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG Pausing the Refresh is awesome. That was one thing in the Mobile Docks that drove me crazy when trying to heal one person or pet and as you click it moves...
yeah, that's was one thing (after the need of dragging the bar around) that was really annoying :D

anyway, while working on the healthbars I've found out some pretty awesome things that opens the path to new features (especially for an animal lore rework), like being able to determine a pet color (so for example I could mark a blaze cu-side like an artifact), and stuff like that :)

I've also had few more ideas for actions like:
- block targeting if out of range for a spell
- target most injuered poisoned friendly (pet/party/guild)
- target boss
- auto-target gold for bags of sending

EDIT: just one side-note for the stop update: if the mobile you have your mouse over goes out of sight the update will restart (because the bar you were pointing will be deleted)

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The buttons under the main BIG healthbar/target need to become a hell of a lot more responsive than they currently are. Sometimes I have to click one multiple times for it to do whatever it does.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The buttons under the main BIG healthbar/target need to become a hell of a lot more responsive than they currently are. Sometimes I have to click one multiple times for it to do whatever it does.
some buttons actually opens the context menu and use the actions and there is no way to speed that up... I've already improved the responsiveness of the context menus a few patches ago, so unless the devs do something that allows to completely skip the context menu, we are stuck with this :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PROGRESS UPDATE

After spending night after night against the fearsome client bugs, I think I've finally stabilized the whole system :D
Now I just have to finish the load/save for the filters, add the related actions (to quickly switch between them) and it should be done... IF the client behave, it should all be ready for late this week so you all can test it and see how it goes :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sure hope it works good. I went to our EM Event yesterday and it was a disaster. In normal game monster play in boss areas with as many as 10 people there, I don't even have a trace of a lag.
At the EM Event I couldn't even get into the Serpents Hold meeting room without horrible awful, move 2 steps stop move 2 steps stop and when I arrived there weren't more than 20 people there.

When EM opened gate to fighting area I immediately began lagging but if I moved just a screen away from the 60 or 70 people that were there I could move just fine. I moved back into the fray and it was horrible, I was on my archer so I managed to hit a few of the lesser mobs but when the larger ones came it became impossible to move.

The "medium" monsters appeared (crimson dragons) and when the fire started it got so bad I could not move at all and when the big boss came (slasher of veils) I completely locked up for several minutes and then unlocked dead but of course the boss was dead.

I liken this to about 15 years ago when I was playing on a 56k modem and pinging Sonoma at 1100 to 1400ms but in actuality this is even worse than then and honestly I am not exaggerating.

EM events were and are always something that was special to me and a very important and fun part of the game, now with that taken away I feel like an invalid in game. I cannot tell you how frustrating this is, compared to a few months ago when at the same events with the same amount of attendees I could run around like a fool with very, very small lag spikes. My only problem then was not being able to open the corpse of the bosses and I sure wish now that I could even revert to that, to heck with the loot, I just wanna have fun and have a chance at a drop and be able to move.

My 2 guildmates who were there in CC didn't have major lag and I am sure they were very disgusted with me, I was constantly telling them I was locked up, horribly lagged or lost connection constantly on TS and being the fine folks they are, watched over me and tried to keep me alive or if unsuccessful rezzed me when I got back into game and I do very much hate being a burden on guildmates.

I am going to switch to the CC for the next event and see what happens but that is a month away and I do not like the CC anymore so I don't expect much relief but I want to see if it has the same problems for me.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to turn off Pincos at EM events and just use native EC and experience no lag at all. One of the main issues with native EC though is the mobile bars don't update and I have to pull the boss's bar manually (usually through tab targeting until I get the right one). Luckily the Pincos Action to get the small bar from current target still works...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sure hope it works good. I went to our EM Event yesterday and it was a disaster. In normal game monster play in boss areas with as many as 10 people there, I don't even have a trace of a lag.
At the EM Event I couldn't even get into the Serpents Hold meeting room without horrible awful, move 2 steps stop move 2 steps stop and when I arrived there weren't more than 20 people there.

When EM opened gate to fighting area I immediately began lagging but if I moved just a screen away from the 60 or 70 people that were there I could move just fine. I moved back into the fray and it was horrible, I was on my archer so I managed to hit a few of the lesser mobs but when the larger ones came it became impossible to move.

The "medium" monsters appeared (crimson dragons) and when the fire started it got so bad I could not move at all and when the big boss came (slasher of veils) I completely locked up for several minutes and then unlocked dead but of course the boss was dead.

I liken this to about 15 years ago when I was playing on a 56k modem and pinging Sonoma at 1100 to 1400ms but in actuality this is even worse than then and honestly I am not exaggerating.

EM events were and are always something that was special to me and a very important and fun part of the game, now with that taken away I feel like an invalid in game. I cannot tell you how frustrating this is, compared to a few months ago when at the same events with the same amount of attendees I could run around like a fool with very, very small lag spikes. My only problem then was not being able to open the corpse of the bosses and I sure wish now that I could even revert to that, to heck with the loot, I just wanna have fun and have a chance at a drop and be able to move.

My 2 guildmates who were there in CC didn't have major lag and I am sure they were very disgusted with me, I was constantly telling them I was locked up, horribly lagged or lost connection constantly on TS and being the fine folks they are, watched over me and tried to keep me alive or if unsuccessful rezzed me when I got back into game and I do very much hate being a burden on guildmates.

I am going to switch to the CC for the next event and see what happens but that is a month away and I do not like the CC anymore so I don't expect much relief but I want to see if it has the same problems for me.
Unfortunately there is not enough data to handle the problem... you can try to gather extra info by typing in chat: /script Interface.CountWinData()
perhaps there is some clue there...

Maybe I can try to infiltrate the EM event on GL tonight with a newbie character... possibly even as a ghost I could get some clues...

I have to turn off Pincos at EM events and just use native EC and experience no lag at all. One of the main issues with native EC though is the mobile bars don't update and I have to pull the boss's bar manually (usually through tab targeting until I get the right one). Luckily the Pincos Action to get the small bar from current target still works...
on default the list of mobiles is updated once every 60s, which is quite pointless... In the new system I've made a scan every 5s (customizable from real time to 60s) and the sorting happens every 1-2s (I'm still trying to decide about that) :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe I can try to infiltrate the EM event on GL tonight with a newbie character... possibly even as a ghost I could get some clues...
If you do go, get the attention of any of these people to help keep you alive/sane:

Malag-aste
Redlow DeSule
Martyna Z'muir
Duncan
John
Tanda
Destinie Moon
Therrick'Kar
Kittie

I'll let them know you might be around.

FYI, to get to where the Spies meet, go to the EM Hall in Britain and then use the suit of armor on the western wall to "go downstairs."

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you do go, get the attention of any of these people to help keep you alive/sane:

Malag-aste
Redlow DeSule
Martyna Z'muir
Duncan
John
Tanda
Destinie Moon
Therrick'Kar
Kittie

I'll let them know you might be around.

FYI, to get to where the Spies meet, go to the EM Hall in Britain and then use the suit of armor on the western wall to "go downstairs."
That would have been useful, but I miscalculated the time zone, it was like 12h ago :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would have been useful, but I miscalculated the time zone, it was like 12h ago :D
The event on GL? No, it's tonight in 2 hours and 19 minutes. 8pm CDT / 9pm EDT. (it is currently 5:41 pm CDT)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now it's 1 hour, 19 minutes! :p
to be sure, I've already used the armor and I'm parked down there :D
Since there are few mobiles around there I can keep working from there, so I won't miss the time it starts :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for now is all fine, 67 mobiles and on the heat of battle I had 18 fps lowest with 30 active mobile bars all sorted by health (which is the most resource-consuming sort type). 26-30 fps out of battle for now ...

last battle was 15-20 fps, and the mobility was always good.

So in the end it seems fine with the new healthbars, if you'll use more aimed filters you could get even better performance... also count that while I was testing I had the debug tools open and visual studio which eats quite a lot from the computer :D

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a very low-turnout night. There are usually 2-3 times as many people/dragons...