• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Damage increase, Damage modify and caps?

unlord

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi guys,

I been trying to figure out the details about DI and damage modify and the respected caps and what spells/items fit into what category.

From my understanding... damage increase is pretty straight forward.
i do 10damage, i have 150% damage increase, i now do 25 damage.

And then Damage modify multiples this? so if i have DM of 50% 25 x 1.5 = 37.5 damage.

Is this correct?

Damage increase is capped at 300% TOTAL, and items and divine fury can only contribute up to 100% of that 300%. So where can i achieve the other 200%? At first i thought the other 200% is from tactics, anatomy, lumberjack (if using axe) and str bonus. But i read from different sources, some say that the bonuses from skills and str do not apply to this 300% cap.

Can someone clarify.

Bushido honor damage bonus. Does this apply to the 300%? If it does is it counted towards the 100% from items cap? Or is it counted as damage modify (which would be really OP imo).

At first i thought bushido honor fits into the 300% along with anat tact str bonus. But i see alot of ABC archer builds, they have high bushdio high tact high anat, and their gear set up also has nearly 100% DI. meaning they are already near the 300% cap without honor, so why take bushido so high if not really needed? They aren't gonna use parry or the defensive stance stuff as an archer.

Chivalry divine fury DI counts towards the 100% of 300% total DI. I know that. How about the 15% from con weapon at 120 chiv, or the bonus of Enemy of One? That is counted as damage modify?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just there have been so many patches and threads from before or afterpatches and some sites don't have their info updated.... it's so hard to be 100% sure about something in UO mechanics lol.

Thanks in advance

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys,

I been trying to figure out the details about DI and damage modify and the respected caps and what spells/items fit into what category.

From my understanding... damage increase is pretty straight forward.
i do 10damage, i have 150% damage increase, i now do 25 damage.

And then Damage modify multiples this? so if i have DM of 50% 25 x 1.5 = 37.5 damage.

Is this correct?

Damage increase is capped at 300% TOTAL, and items and divine fury can only contribute up to 100% of that 300%. So where can i achieve the other 200%? At first i thought the other 200% is from tactics, anatomy, lumberjack (if using axe) and str bonus. But i read from different sources, some say that the bonuses from skills and str do not apply to this 300% cap.

Can someone clarify.

Bushido honor damage bonus. Does this apply to the 300%? If it does is it counted towards the 100% from items cap? Or is it counted as damage modify (which would be really OP imo).

At first i thought bushido honor fits into the 300% along with anat tact str bonus. But i see alot of ABC archer builds, they have high bushdio high tact high anat, and their gear set up also has nearly 100% DI. meaning they are already near the 300% cap without honor, so why take bushido so high if not really needed? They aren't gonna use parry or the defensive stance stuff as an archer.

Chivalry divine fury DI counts towards the 100% of 300% total DI. I know that. How about the 15% from con weapon at 120 chiv, or the bonus of Enemy of One? That is counted as damage modify?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just there have been so many patches and threads from before or afterpatches and some sites don't have their info updated.... it's so hard to be 100% sure about something in UO mechanics lol.

Thanks in advance

As per Logrus:

The formular for damage is like this
Damage = (X + W(X) + T(X) + A(X) + S(X) B(X)) * M
X is your base weapon damage
W is your Damage Increase (Capped at 100)
T is your Tactics Damage Increase Factor
A is your Anatomy Damage Increase Factor
S is your Strength Damage Increase Factor
B is your Bards Inspire Damage Increase factor (up to 64%)
The Cap % for W,T,A,S is 300% (Your damage increase cap)

Your base Modifier is 100%
Super Slayer is bonus 100% to your multiplier
True Slayer is bonus 200% to your multiplier
Perfection is 10% bonus per level up to 100% to your multiplier
Enemy of One is up to 82% bonus @120 Chiv to your multiplier
Concecrate weapon is up to 16% bonus @ 120 to your multiplier
Honor self is bonus 25% to your multiplier
Bard Inspire Damage Modifier is up to 15% bonus to your multiplier
Grapes of Wrath is 10% bonus to your multiplier. (edit: Forgot this)
The Cap for all your multipliers is 300%

So...

1) Yes. Thats correct.
2) You are correct. 100% DI from items and from things like Divine Fury. The rest comes from skills/stats.
3) Perfection is a multiplier. Perfection is really important if a) creature has no slayer type, b) you are using super rather than true slayer, or c) you aren't using EEO.
4) Consecrate weapon and EEO are multipliers.

unlord

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Wow that's the fastest most detailed and clear explanation i ever got from someone over an internet forum haha!

Thanks so much!

While we are on the subject, one last thing since you are so knowledgeable. the bard mastery is not part of the 300% cap? Or did you just forget to type "B" in your formula.

Also 10% per lvl of bushdio at gm. but does it go up to 12% at 120skill?

Thank you so much.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can really thank Logrus (who is a former UO developer) that formula an the two source lists are from a post he made in the warrior forum when people were asking questions as you are. :p

I do think the B was simply left out.

I'm pretty sure perfection is the same no matter what your skill level is (10% bonus per level of perfection). You just must have the 50 bushi to honor yourself. I'm not 100% on that, but pretty sure.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I recommend you read the stickied 120 Chiv? Post at the top of the Warrior Forum. Logrus' comments are tucked in the middle of that thread but the entire discussion is helpful.

unlord

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks guys, ya i just read the sticky.

From what i read, "B" bard inspire bonus actually fits into the 100% cap from items like divine fury.

And regarding perfection steps and skill of bushido. I read that how much u gain per step is scaled to your bushido skill. at the min of 50 you can start using perfection. So at 50skill u gain 5 damage modify and 50 luck per step, at 100skill you gain 10 damage modify and 100 luck per step. But the cap is still 100 DM and 1000Luck. Meaning at 50skill you would need 20steps to reach perfection, at 60skill you would need 17steps... etc. It does not say if you go over 100bushido that you can gain 11 at 110skill and 12 at 120skill per step.. but i assume you can. Will have to test this to see.

thanks for help guys!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And regarding perfection steps and skill of bushido. I read that how much u gain per step is scaled to your bushido skill. at the min of 50 you can start using perfection. So at 50skill u gain 5 damage modify and 50 luck per step, at 100skill you gain 10 damage modify and 100 luck per step. But the cap is still 100 DM and 1000Luck. Meaning at 50skill you would need 20steps to reach perfection, at 60skill you would need 17steps... etc. It does not say if you go over 100bushido that you can gain 11 at 110skill and 12 at 120skill per step.. but i assume you can. Will have to test this to see.

Ah cool, I stand corrected. :)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys, ya i just read the sticky.

From what i read, "B" bard inspire bonus actually fits into the 100% cap from items like divine fury.

thanks for help guys!

Bard Inspire bonus applies both a multiplier and a modifier.
There's the Weapon Damage Increase Effect (1-60%) and the Overall Increased Damage effect(1-15%)
The 1-60 counts toward the DI cap, the 1-15% counts towards the same cap as slayers/perfection.

unlord

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
ahhh i see thanks for the clarification!

the 1-60% is inside the 100% item cap right?

Last edited:

Obuw

Visitor
Sorry for the necro, but this was the latest info I could find and I wanted to dig it up instead of starting a new topic.

As per Logrus:

The formular for damage is like this
Damage = (X + W(X) + T(X) + A(X) + S(X) B(X)) * M
X is your base weapon damage
W is your Damage Increase (Capped at 100)
T is your Tactics Damage Increase Factor
A is your Anatomy Damage Increase Factor
S is your Strength Damage Increase Factor
B is your Bards Inspire Damage Increase factor (up to 64%)
The Cap % for W,T,A,S is 300% (Your damage increase cap)

Your base Modifier is 100%
Super Slayer is bonus 100% to your multiplier
True Slayer is bonus 200% to your multiplier
Perfection is 10% bonus per level up to 100% to your multiplier
Enemy of One is up to 82% bonus @120 Chiv to your multiplier
Concecrate weapon is up to 16% bonus @ 120 to your multiplier
Honor self is bonus 25% to your multiplier
Bard Inspire Damage Modifier is up to 15% bonus to your multiplier
Grapes of Wrath is 10% bonus to your multiplier. (edit: Forgot this)
The Cap for all your multipliers is 300%
Is this formula still the most current one? Every website seems to be listing different, sometimes vastly outdated formulas and I *think* this must be the right formula, but I don't know for sure...

If it is the right formula, I've got a question about the 300% damage multiplier cap that could use clarification:
So if I'm using a "true slayer" (e.g. ogre slayer, dragon slayer, etc), I get 200% to my multiplier, which makes it 300%. Does that mean I'm already capped just by using a true slayer? Or do I need perfection / chivalry to reach a cap of 300% *increase* (in other words, 4x multiplier)?

Also, where does the quiver bonus work in all this?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This tread, I feel is why so many players quit UO lol

K.I.S.S.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the necro, but this was the latest info I could find and I wanted to dig it up instead of starting a new topic.

Is this formula still the most current one? Every website seems to be listing different, sometimes vastly outdated formulas and I *think* this must be the right formula, but I don't know for sure...

If it is the right formula, I've got a question about the 300% damage multiplier cap that could use clarification:
So if I'm using a "true slayer" (e.g. ogre slayer, dragon slayer, etc), I get 200% to my multiplier, which makes it 300%. Does that mean I'm already capped just by using a true slayer? Or do I need perfection / chivalry to reach a cap of 300% *increase* (in other words, 4x multiplier)?

Also, where does the quiver bonus work in all this?
Here's a copy of a post I made in the warrior forum that includes updates... And yes, if you have a true slayer, you are indeed capped at the 300% damage modifier.

For the damage increase cap (300 cap)
Damage Increase for items = 100 *** Divine Fury spell will add up to 20% damage increase as part of this 100 cap
120 Tactics then (120/1.6) + 6.25 = 81.25
120 Anatomy then (120/2) +5 = 65
150 Strength then (150*.3) +5 = 50
For a total of 296.25 which means its impossible to hit 300 here unless you have LJ.
20 LJ (Skill Level/5) *if below GM* will add 4.0, reaching the 300 cap.

For the damage modifier cap (300 cap) *aka damage multiplier*
You always have 100% damage Modifier. You will always swing for 100% of your base damage before resists are calculated. From there, you can add these on top of that.
Specific Slayer (+200%)
Super Slayer (+100%)
Perfection (+100%) ***10% per level (hit), maxed at 100%
Enemy of One ( up to 82%) ***based on chiv skill and (possibly) karma
Honor Self (25%)
Consecrate Weapon ( up to 16%) ***based on chiv skill and (possibly) karma
Bard Song Inspire (up to 15%) ***based on bard skills
Some Quivers (10%) *** I haven't tested. But it only works on archery weapons per Tabin
Grapes of Wrath (10%)
Level 3 Weapon Mastery (5%)

Personally, I wish that the dev's would release more/all formulas like this.

Last edited:

Obuw

Visitor
Thanks a lot for the damage modifier cap confirmation Maximus!

Actually, now that I re-read the UOGuide page, it seems it was already clear, I just had misread it.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a copy of a post I made in the warrior forum that includes updates... And yes, if you have a true slayer, you are indeed capped at the 300% damage modifier.

For the damage increase cap (300 cap)
Damage Increase for items = 100 *** Divine Fury spell will add up to 20% damage increase as part of this 100 cap
120 Tactics then (120/1.6) + 6.25 = 81.25
120 Anatomy then (120/2) +5 = 65
150 Strength then (150*.3) +5 = 50
For a total of 296.25 which means its impossible to hit 300 here unless you have LJ.
20 LJ (Skill Level/5) *if below GM* will add 4.0, reaching the 300 cap.

For the damage modifier cap (300 cap) *aka damage multiplier*
You always have 100% damage Modifier. You will always swing for 100% of your base damage before resists are calculated. From there, you can add these on top of that.
Specific Slayer (+200%)
Super Slayer (+100%)
Perfection (+100%) ***10% per level (hit), maxed at 100%
Enemy of One ( up to 82%) ***based on chiv skill and (possibly) karma
Honor Self (25%)
Consecrate Weapon ( up to 16%) ***based on chiv skill and (possibly) karma
Bard Song Inspire (up to 15%) ***based on bard skills
Some Quivers (10%) *** I haven't tested. But it only works on archery weapons per Tabin
Grapes of Wrath (10%)
Level 3 Weapon Mastery (5%)

Personally, I wish that the dev's would release more/all formulas like this.
Thanks for a nice explanation.

I have a question regarding the "Modifier" cap which is a little unclear to me.
So if I have base 100 and use a specific slayer like spider, will it be 100+200=300 (max) and therefor neither of the below mentioned modifiers like Perfection, Honor etc helps anything? Or?

What about Cameos, if I have a superslayer wep to add 100% and also a superslayer Cameo, will those 2 give a total of 200% or does only one of them work? (Thus making a superslayer wep useless, if you have the same cameo?)

Thanks alot!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This tread, I feel is why so many players quit UO lol

K.I.S.S.
It's not all that complex really, I think people hit the caps or pretty close just playing regularly and not thinking about it. It just needs to be more open and plainly stated

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So if I have base 100 and use a specific slayer like spider, will it be 100+200=300 (max) and therefor neither of the below mentioned modifiers like Perfection, Honor etc helps anything? Or?

What about Cameos, if I have a superslayer wep to add 100% and also a superslayer Cameo, will those 2 give a total of 200% or does only one of them work? (Thus making a superslayer wep useless, if you have the same cameo?)

Thanks alot!
Yeah, "true" slayer is max mod if I remember correctly. Haven't played a warrior in a few years.

As for the other part, I don't think slayers stack, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Cameo slayer + weapon slayer stack.
So if you have a reptile slayer cameo and a reptile slayer weapon, you are getting the 200 modifier and maxing up your multiplier right there.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cameo slayer + weapon slayer stack.
So if you have a reptile slayer cameo and a reptile slayer weapon, you are getting the 200 modifier and maxing up your multiplier right there.
I guess that also explains the 150-200m pricetag on those Cameos :)

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks alot!
As others have responded, yes, superslayer + superslayer works like having a true slayer in getting you to the cap.
Modifiers like perfection, honor, EoO, etc are useful when what you're fighting doesn't have a slayer type. Example: Chief Paroxysmus, the Harrower, Exodus, etc.