• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Endless Journeys Characters

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Ahh...after all these years, free to look at old accounts I haven't played since 2009 or so! Seeing my old characters again is like visiting old friends. With so many restrictions though, what good is EJ? What will you do with your characters?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will you be able to access old accounts if they are on a Master account that has an active one associated with it?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will you be able to access old accounts if they are on a Master account that has an active one associated with it?
You pay your UO account, not your master account. So it would make sense. You can take this with a grain of salt, because I also stongly believed, they'd never release EJ without zero secure storage...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i was just curious because none of my old accounts can log in, but some haven't been paid in 5+ years. but they are tied to the masters that have a couple of active accounts

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
i was just curious because none of my old accounts can log in, but some haven't been paid in 5+ years. but they are tied to the masters that have a couple of active accounts
They are working on migrating the accounts, had same situation. Some accounts went EJ overnight, still waiting for one of mine to return from the dead and become an EJ zombie! Fun looking at all the old time armor, weapons, and builds :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still cant get in. I log into the UO Forums with the info.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am also wondering about that...all of my accounts are under one master....one e-mail...so both of the accts I play now are tied to an active e-mail....so will I get an e-mail or does the system think that just because my master acct is active, all of my accts under it are as well? :(

Jelinidas

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can get into one of three old accounts. To be totally fair, I am not 100% sure I'm using the right passwords for the other two. I just returned 6 months ago and wanted to start new but it was fun to see my old guys and strip em. There is NO way i could/can play them with no storage. They cant even get into my current public house door or any containers! No boat either. This is a complete fail in my opinion. Limits are fine, but this is crazy. I won't even try to log in on my SP guy. Where would his back up suits be? Might as well make a new craftable, shopping carts. Let em truly look homeless.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You pay your UO account, not your master account. So it would make sense. You can take this with a grain of salt, because I also stongly believed, they'd never release EJ without zero secure storage...
Always assume the worst, but expect even less and this game might have a chance at pleasantly surprising you... :confused:

But in all seriousness, the devs need a player's council or something to tell them when they're charging down the wrong path, not the sycophantic parasites they normally put in focus groups.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Always assume the worst, but expect even less and this game might have a chance at pleasantly surprising you... :confused:

But in all seriousness, the devs need a player's council or something to tell them when they're charging down the wrong path, not the sycophantic parasites they normally put in focus groups.
Yeah any one of us would have told them...don't take a player's bank box away..sheesh.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh...after all these years, free to look at old accounts I haven't played since 2009 or so! Seeing my old characters again is like visiting old friends. With so many restrictions though, what good is EJ? What will you do with your characters?
Are they letting you take stuff out of your bank box

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah any one of us would have told them...don't take a player's bank box away..sheesh.
Oh, they were told...multiple people, multiple times.. yet EJ went live anyway. :facepalm:

Have to wonder if there is a 99.1 coming Soon™, or if people will have to wait 3-4 months for pub 100...or, worse yet, ~6 for pub 101.

I'm guessing it will be in pub 100, but that really ruins the idea that it is a true bug squishing publish :wall: It also means EJ has failed right out of the gate. :stretcher:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so im a little confused.
some people are mad that they cant access storage on a FREE ACCOUNT.
other people are mad that free accounts are here.
sooooooooo they put these free account in here so people could come back and look around for free.
if you want to horde stuff, you pay to play just like everyone else.
i really dont see the problem here?
hmmm, i wonder what UO is like?
hmmm, i wonder how the old group is doing?
oh, i can swing in for free and say hi!
option 1
hmmm, this isnt fun, i dont want to play, good thing i didnt have to pay anything for this.
option 2
hmmm, this is fun, i want my house back now, ill pay to play and get access to my bank and place a house!

this is really very straight forward.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some people are mad that they cant access storage on a FREE ACCOUNT.
While I'm not a big fan of housing, I appreciate one for one thing: A hub for all my chars, where I can store things, so everyone has easy access. I just need roughly 30 mins to pack all up before my sub runs out, demolish the house and my acc is ready for another hiatus.
Since that happened in november last year after the GTC running out I perfectly remember, in which state my main char is:

His backpack and the beetle he's sitting on is cram-full with consumables, smithing, tailoring & crafting resources, blacksmith- and soulforge, soulstones, PS-, SoA- & SoT-Books, bunch of chests, most probably still filled with stuff I didn't sort out. How do you expect me to play with this character without ANY MEANS OF SECURE STORAGE? How do you expect any returning vet with similar conditions to have a look at the game while haven't played for years?

What do you tell a new player, when runs out of space/weight in his backpack? Having to insure all equippables so he doesn't loose it? Plus not being able to insure stackables, which he looses on death? Do you tell him that he should buy the game? While he even hasn't seen 5% of the game? He'll tell you, that this is a joke and move on to the next game...

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What do you tell a new player, when runs out of space/weight in his backpack? Having to insure all equippables so he doesn't loose it? Plus not being able to insure stackables, which he looses on death? Do you tell him that he should buy the game? While he even hasn't seen 5% of the game? He'll tell you, that this is a joke and move on to the next game...
YES!
that is exactly what you tell him.
you are playing the game and if you want to be able to keep your stuff and start your UO Horde then its time to pay like all the rest of us have for the last 20 years.
when you go to taste test cake for a wedding you dont take a a fork full of cake, say "damn thats good", then ask for the rest of it and expect it to be free, hell to the no, you pay son!

dont for a minute think the Endless Journey is something Broadsword is doing out of the goodness of their hearts, no no no, this is marketing 101!
give them a taste, they like it, they will want more, now they pay.
they miss the game, let them come back and look at their characters and visit the friends they miss, boom, welcome back pay the nice man at the door.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mythic/Broadsword failed Marketing 101, that has been evident for the last decade. They don't advertise things for pancakes. They had to be goaded into posting new store additions to uo.com for waffles sake!

Their EJ "advertisement" has been a few random things in the newsletters, which also aren't posed on uo.com (though they did add a link to an archive...which again they had to be goaded into). The EJ link at the top of uo.com should have been a call to action, not the afterthought it so clearly is. Where is are announcements on gaming sites? Press releases generally get free coverage, even if its only a blurb. Speaking of, where were the gaming sites for the 20th Anniversary party? Were they even invited?

Freemium games all give their players a modicum of free storage, then make them pay for more. EJ released with NO storage of any kind. Try playing a character for a week while only being able to hold 125 items (or a few hundred stones) while being expected to get a realistic "taste of the game." Its not going to happen. People will discover this fatal flaw and stop playing in disgust. Then, when BS finally gets around to fixing their rushed, boneheaded mistake, they are likely to find that they've already burned that bridge...many times over.

As usual, BS was warned about this but didn't listen.

(The insane fact that people still can's access old accounts is mind boggling. Is the account verification server a 386sx 16?)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mythic/Broadsword failed Marketing 101, that has been evident for the last decade. They don't advertise things for pancakes. They had to be goaded into posting new store additions to uo.com for waffles sake!
And no emails. You would think they might shoot out an email to all the accounts registered saying about endless journey. I have about 5 old accounts all with email addresses I can still access and opted in for updates/newsletter and got nothing telling me it was coming out.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YES!
that is exactly what you tell him.
you are playing the game and if you want to be able to keep your stuff and start your UO Horde then its time to pay like all the rest of us have for the last 20 years.
when you go to taste test cake for a wedding you dont take a a fork full of cake, say "damn thats good", then ask for the rest of it and expect it to be free, hell to the no, you pay son!

dont for a minute think the Endless Journey is something Broadsword is doing out of the goodness of their hearts, no no no, this is marketing 101!
give them a taste, they like it, they will want more, now they pay.
they miss the game, let them come back and look at their characters and visit the friends they miss, boom, welcome back pay the nice man at the door.
That guy is paying probably 10k insurance per death, because he's got no clue what to keep and what to ditch. And a new player is going to die quite often.
He'll probably have a full backpack after 1-2 hours.
How long does it take you, until you can tell, if it is worth paying for a game? 1 hour? 1 day? 1 week? 1 month?
That's why you miss the point:
While he even hasn't seen 5% of the game?
And they never will see the rest of the game!
Why would they want to have more? He hasn't seen anything yet...
Why would they miss the game?
Or how should they have made friends in such a short time?

If you go fishing, you don't throw in the lure and cut the line. You wait. Until something bites.
Noone is going to wait here. And let the game seep in. They'll just leave before they really started and never come back.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Their EJ "advertisement" has been a few random things in the newsletters, which also aren't posed on uo.com (though they did add a link to an archive...which again they had to be goaded into). The EJ link at the top of uo.com should have been a call to action, not the afterthought it so clearly is. Where is are announcements on gaming sites? Press releases generally get free coverage, even if its only a blurb. Speaking of, where were the gaming sites for the 20th Anniversary party? Were they even invited?

Freemium games all give their players a modicum of free storage, then make them pay for more. EJ released with NO storage of any kind. Try playing a character for a week while only being able to hold 125 items (or a few hundred stones) while being expected to get a realistic "taste of the game." Its not going to happen. People will discover this fatal flaw and stop playing in disgust. Then, when BS finally gets around to fixing their rushed, boneheaded mistake, they are likely to find that they've already burned that bridge...many times over.

As usual, BS was warned about this but didn't listen.

(The insane fact that people still can's access old accounts is mind boggling. Is the account verification server a 386sx 16?)
What blows my mind is someone can be in charge of things, and make these mistakes constantly, and not get fired.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made this response on the other site too. But as I said I can see all of my accounts, under my Master. They're all linked. I tried again this morning to log in to one and got the password incorrect message. So I go to Accts Mgm and change it, I receive the email confirmation that it was changed. I go to log in, and now I get the 3 reasons error message telling me that it's not linked, or has been banned, etc....this rollout , while not surprising at all seeing BSs history, is such a slap in the face joke.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give them a little time, I'm sure storage for EJ will be added through the UO Store. They just have to figure out the price point.

STO does it by increased bank slots and backpack space. Its about 12 items per $5 you spend.

James Battersby

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I see my other 6 accounts listed on my master list, and cant log in to any of them.
I think you'll have to give it some time. I have a few that has become active with EJ on them, and still a few that are shown under my master account but are still shown as inactive.
When they are activated with EJ they will be shown as active and have the Endless Journey listed as subscription type.
Another thing to note is that if you get the 'We were unable to authenticate your login' message when trying to log in, there is a good chance that it has been activated with EJ, but you have typed in your password wrong.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just asked a GM. Time spent in EJ doesn't add to your counter towards Veteran Status apparently.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What I would tell a new person who opened up an EJ account to do is to create not one, but 20 EJ accounts as item holders. Each time you get something you want to keep, instead of banking it, login with another account and hand it over. When you run out of backpack storage on the 20 accounts (40 chars worth), just create 20 more.

If/when some type of storage system is made available you can always start transferring things to it. Granted, it would be quite a pain but it reminds me of the days before hard drives when all you had were 5.24" floppy disks... man we did a lot of disk swapping back then! ;)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What I would tell a new person who opened up an EJ account to do is to create not one, but 20 EJ accounts as item holders. Each time you get something you want to keep, instead of banking it, login with another account and hand it over. When you run out of backpack storage on the 20 accounts (40 chars worth), just create 20 more.

If/when some type of storage system is made available you can always start transferring things to it. Granted, it would be quite a pain but it reminds me of the days before hard drives when all you had were 5.24" floppy disks... man we did a lot of disk swapping back then! ;)
The 3.5" was soooo revolutionary lmao.

I recall playing the Oregon trail on a 5.25".

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
After reading numerous posts since EJ went live, I'm starting to wonder if Broadsword is nurturing a secret death wish. They should have at least waited until they had some sort of limited storage option in place. Every character I played had need of that option.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got my crafting mule back on siege, so... that's nice. :p

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what BS is doing with the EJ is a good thing. Yes, storage is a problem but to me, that can easily be fixed. Why not allow the EJ accounts to place one of the small boats? Don't remember the exact number of days, but one needs to refresh the boat often to keep it from decaying. That would solve any problem of placing a boat and not log'ing in. Also, there is plenty of ocean space available, a player can recall to their boat, think it's 125 in boat storage, that give a little wiggle room. 125 storage space plus the back pack should be ample for a person to play, anymore then get a sub.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think what BS is doing with the EJ is a good thing. Yes, storage is a problem but to me, that can easily be fixed. Why not allow the EJ accounts to place one of the small boats? Don't remember the exact number of days, but one needs to refresh the boat often to keep it from decaying. That would solve any problem of placing a boat and not log'ing in. Also, there is plenty of ocean space available, a player can recall to their boat, think it's 125 in boat storage, that give a little wiggle room. 125 storage space plus the back pack should be ample for a person to play, anymore then get a sub.
If it was so "easily fixed" then why did they release it without storage or why haven't they fixed it yet? Everything in UO is easily fixed that is why we still have 20 year old bugs.

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was so "easily fixed" then why did they release it without storage or why haven't they fixed it yet? Everything in UO is easily fixed that is why we still have 20 year old bugs.
I hope I didn't sound rude when I said easily fixed. Where my thought process was going was to give more storage without a lot of programming, so the boat came to mind, it has 125 storage. Also would give someone a place to sort or whatever. Doing anything with the bankbox, to me, would be sketchy. I'd hate to see items in the bank box lost due to an error. Really don't like the idea of giving a 7 x 7 house. There are so many places one can place something that small, rather see the boat given than a house.

Boat is silly. limited bank box. We dont need more complicated and alternative weird options. A bank in mmorpgs is the most basic feature... any f2p mmorpg has it. Sure.. limit storage space in banks for EJ.. but dont cut them off from the bank entirely. Silly nonsense.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged onto one of my old accounts, aaah all chars there so nice.
Then i logged in one of my old red chars, nice she still has 1k+ counts, a decent suit.
Then i visited the bank..No storage ? wtf is this ****..lol
So i logged out again, and haven't logged in since.

I'm pretty sure this no-storage is a showstopper for alot of folks like me.
I'm still wondering what idiot made this EJ so darn complicated.
Why not just restrict EJ accounts to trammel/fel/malas, 100 item bank, and if they wan't more they can buy upgrades.

Deimos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They really should have and could have, kept it simple.
In the 20 odd years that UO has been around, ump-teem games have gone from paid for, to free to play, or a mixture of both, they could've spent a month going on how they did it, what the reactions were and how they improved upon it
But no, as has always been the case with UO, it's their way or the highway.
Every time they make mistakes like this though, they miss tremendous opportunities to bring vast amounts of players back to UO, it's like they WANT UO to fail.

"Oh we're bringing out a free to play mode for UO! But it's going to be so restrictive, almost everyone will hate it! We probably won't get any new subs (aka income) and the game will remain on life support! We're so awesome....group hug!" ;)

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Oh we're bringing out a free to play mode for UO! But it's going to be so restrictive, almost everyone will hate it! We probably won't get any new subs (aka income) and the game will remain on life support! We're so awesome....group hug!" ;)
THEIR game will remain on life support not THE GAME. There's a freebie for every era so the game itself will never truly die.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I logged onto one of my old accounts, aaah all chars there so nice.
Then i logged in one of my old red chars, nice she still has 1k+ counts, a decent suit.
Then i visited the bank..No storage ? wtf is this ****..lol
So i logged out again, and haven't logged in since.

I'm pretty sure this no-storage is a showstopper for alot of folks like me.
I'm still wondering what idiot made this EJ so darn complicated.
Why not just restrict EJ accounts to trammel/fel/malas, 100 item bank, and if they wan't more they can buy upgrades.
Mar 15
I'll keep my 1 account open, and re-open my other closed accounts as EJ accounts.
I only have 2 concern is, if i open an EJ account, and buy high-seas, can i use the cargo hold ?
Secondly where do i store my potions for my pvp chars ?

So why is this no storage thing such a shocker for you, you already knew it.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They really should have and could have, kept it simple.
In the 20 odd years that UO has been around, ump-teem games have gone from paid for, to free to play, or a mixture of both, they could've spent a month going on how they did it, what the reactions were and how they improved upon it
But no, as has always been the case with UO, it's their way or the highway.
Every time they make mistakes like this though, they miss tremendous opportunities to bring vast amounts of players back to UO, it's like they WANT UO to fail.

When did they add the dinosaur again :facepalm:
Well it’s been going downhill faster than an Time before that and now this EJ mess
I think that’s when this team was beyond done trying and now they just want to end it, know more slow death for UO lol :bs:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 15
I'll keep my 1 account open, and re-open my other closed accounts as EJ accounts.
I only have 2 concern is, if i open an EJ account, and buy high-seas, can i use the cargo hold ?

So why is this no storage thing such a shocker for you, you already knew it.
They did promise some kind of storage for EJ accounts, and you already knew that, so why did you ask ?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, storage is a problem but to me, that can easily be fixed. Why not allow the EJ accounts to place one of the small boats? Don't remember the exact number of days, but one needs to refresh the boat often to keep it from decaying. That would solve any problem of placing a boat and not log'ing in.
Sorry, but that's bandaid fixes to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Nobody but us old UO addicts would jump through those hoops just to play UO.

Go tell a new player he has to run 20 accounts just for storing his loot. Best you will get is a big LOL. Same with the boat. Just give a them some normal secure storage. Not rocket science.

But at Broadsword they were busy saving that 20 IDOC people instead of thinking of ways to make EJ enjoyable. If only people told them..

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
STO does it by increased bank slots and backpack space. Its about 12 items per $5 you spend.
You get like 40 free inventory slots and since you keep your stuff when you die (something UO should have added ages ago!) it's basically secure storage like what UO calls bank.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
ESO gives you a limited bank and you can buy more slots with game currency as you go along, it's a good system and it helps to stop you hoarding as the extra chunks of slots get more expensive as you buy more, it's certainly better than having nothing but what you can carry! I always had a spare character that carried anything I had no room for and she just lived in the bank and sold everything I didn't need on the broker. EJ people will really need to make more than one account to be able to actually play for any length of time. It's a shame they can't even use boat storage now. :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They did promise some kind of storage for EJ accounts, and you already knew that, so why did you ask ?
Isn't that what I just said. You do understand that this is what you said
Mar 15
and the date you said it

Those are 3 wks old and you try to make a OMG I just found this out, LMAO

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I know I can't wait for every square inch of shorline to be blocked by a tiny boat . Oh...said no one ever.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I missed a lot on this. Is the vault just not finished or did they scrap it?

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I missed a lot on this. Is the vault just not finished or did they scrap it?
Vault? I missed any chatter on this. Need to go back and read up. Any type of storage should be better than none because new players die so easily. I know they can log out with a full back pack but playing the game would be too hard without being able to store.