• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shut up and take our money

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If players were allowed to buy back lost months up to the account creation date for like 7$ per month it would be a win-win solution for everyone
That would be extremely fair! Especially to the vets, who paid the real monthly fee, not just some made up number...
Vet rewards are rewards for people, who stayed true to the game throughout the years. Being able to buy back that time would only be a slap in the face for those people. Deal with it.

That would be extremely fair! Especially to the vets, who paid the real monthly fee, not just some made up number...
Vet rewards are rewards for people, who stayed true to the game throughout the years. Being able to buy back that time would only be a slap in the face for those people. Deal with it.
I agree with this. It's not just a money sum. It's also a temporal reel of commitment through the years. Someone paying 600 bucks now is not the same as someone paying 10 a month for 5 years. Take care of vets, irl and UO. ;)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm only a one-year vet, but I also find it unacceptable that I paid $120 for my first year vet reward ethy horse while every noob can buy one for $10 at the store! Not fair. They should cost $120 in the UO store.

Sound logic...

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you'd shopped around throughout the years and there's also through word of mouth, you'd realize that game time can be purchased for as low as 5-7$ per month. Now the legality of that game time is obviously questionable but many vets pay that low to play, so it's not a made up number and more like the lowest that vets have paid to play

I agree with this. It's not just a money sum. It's also a temporal reel of commitment through the years. Someone paying 600 bucks now is not the same as someone paying 10 a month for 5 years. Take care of vets, irl and UO. ;)
See this is what's wrong with some vets and it's sad... too much entitlement is not good and my solution would be fair for all

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you'd shopped around throughout the years and there's also through word of mouth, you'd realize that game time can be purchased for as low as 5-7$ per month. Now the legality of that game time is obviously questionable but many vets pay that low to play, so it's not a made up number and more like the lowest that vets have paid to play
Obviously questionable? Most probably buying low with a proxy from an origin store in a foreign country, right? That's especially "fair" for people living in those countries. It's "cheap" there for a reason! Because it's definitely not "cheap" for them.
Dude, I'll tell you something, I also paid 7.50 per month, but perfectly legal, without exploiting currency differences. It is called 6mo GTC. 45 bucks upfront. Easy as that...
And I'll tell you some more: Late-comers get the shaft. You had 20 years to pay the bills. Others did. You didn't. Again, deal with it.
And still, it is a made up number. You made it up. For a feature that doesn't exist...

See this is what's wrong with some vets and it's sad... too much entitlement is not good and my solution would be fair for all
Every single paying customer is entitled to call himself a vet for every single month they paid. Even the ones with their very first month. Because they kept the game running in all those years. There wouldn't be an UO without them. So yeah, there could not be enough entitlement and they can be proud of it...
No matter how you twist and turn it, it's not fair. Can't say it often enough: Deal with it.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Vets didn't keep the game running. I'd argue a lot of vets made a lot of negatives in the game and pushed a lot of users away. It's all give and take. Bottom line is that EA kept the game running. Everytime I get frustrated with the game, it's not a patch or a game issue. It's the "Vets."

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vets didn't keep the game running. I'd argue a lot of vets made a lot of negatives in the game and pushed a lot of users away. It's all give and take. Bottom line is that EA kept the game running. Everytime I get frustrated with the game, it's not a patch or a game issue. It's the "Vets."
:grouphug:
Shard shields and character transfers should never have been added to begin with
:grouphug:

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Shard shields and character transfers should never have been added to begin with
It is a little weird when you think about it... I actually agree with this, and mostly changed my mind about this subject.

If char transfer was allowed, it should only allow to transfer the naked toon (with all skills and stuff). But no items!

Last edited: