• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

request for endless journey

StarstrukK

Adventurer
With the Endless Journey coming I just wanted to make a quick request to the Dev's to please launch a Trammel only ruleset server at the same time. I feel this would be received very well by past players in particular but even appeal to current players looking for a fresh start. The amount of UO store revenue that a new server would generate would be beneficial for the longevity of the game. Do not allow character transfer to or from to maintain a stable economy and a sense of community.

Felucca should be removed from this shard completely and instead of putting the Felucca champion spawns (T2A / Dungeons) in trammel just further utilize the existing ones already in trammel / tokuno and illshenar by having them drop powerscrolls. Just need to relocate the Deceit and Hythloth champions to trammel. And rather then rework Justice to accommodate one server maybe make this server have scrolls drop in a random number from 6 minimum to a maximum of 12 per spawn.

Another small request would be to remove resources like (boards, ingots, feathers, shafts, arrows and other similar ones I can't think of right now) from NPC vendors. This would make the server more reliant on it's community which I believe is an aspect of UO that is greatly lacking in years past. Players should be able to feel that killing harpies for feathers to sell to a fletcher is a viable way to make income and likewise said fletcher should be able to sell those arrows to adventuring archers that are in need. If anyone has anymore suggestions that could really boost the community aspect of the game I think those should be strongly considered as well. Crafting and Merchanting should be a huge aspect of the game going forward so small changes need to happen to keep everything relevant like Lumberjacking and Mining. These are playstyles that are lost in the current game that need to be restored.

As for PvP all I suggest is making Vice Vs Virtue a 100% opt in system largely unchanged from how it currently is. Just disable people from performing beneficial acts on VvV members so they no longer risk flagging and do not force people in VvV towns to flag or leave allow them to watch the battles as a blue since they cannot interfere. Since the population of this server would largely be made up of trammel oriented players people that have never PvP'd before may be more inclined to participate in PvP as it *should* be a more casual environment.

Returning players want a fresh start and it's time to start looking at various ruleset server's because the current style is not retaining players. And since this would largely be a replica of current servers it seems realistic that it could be ready for launch to coincide with the Endless Journey launch.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol, no offense.

Lets worry about endless journey going off without a hitch and not introducing 100 account bot farms farming legendary artifacts before worrying about tram only shards where pvmers can play in perfect harmony.

Lots of games have ended once f2p came to light. Like their last final hoorah.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread just goes to show how people have no idea what they want.
Does the OP not realise that every item would be worthless? what would be the point in getting any artifacts? or doing anyting...
I understand that in trammel on prodo shards there are players who don't venture into fel, but they still craft things and benefit from the fel economy. It doesnt' make any sense, would this be just so they can get powerscrolls in trammel? Why would you want 120 PS on an all trammel shard with nobody to sell them to? so you can use them on your pets, then get amazing items to use for....more pvm?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would you want 120 PS on an all trammel shard with nobody to sell them to? so you can use them on your pets, then get amazing items to use for....more pvm?
All day long!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With the Endless Journey coming I just wanted to make a quick request to the Dev's to please launch a Trammel only ruleset server at the same time. I feel this would be received very well by past players in particular but even appeal to current players looking for a fresh start. The amount of UO store revenue that a new server would generate would be beneficial for the longevity of the game. Do not allow character transfer to or from to maintain a stable economy and a sense of community.

Felucca should be removed from this shard completely and instead of putting the Felucca champion spawns (T2A / Dungeons) in trammel just further utilize the existing ones already in trammel / tokuno and illshenar by having them drop powerscrolls. Just need to relocate the Deceit and Hythloth champions to trammel. And rather then rework Justice to accommodate one server maybe make this server have scrolls drop in a random number from 6 minimum to a maximum of 12 per spawn.

Another small request would be to remove resources like (boards, ingots, feathers, shafts, arrows and other similar ones I can't think of right now) from NPC vendors. This would make the server more reliant on it's community which I believe is an aspect of UO that is greatly lacking in years past. Players should be able to feel that killing harpies for feathers to sell to a fletcher is a viable way to make income and likewise said fletcher should be able to sell those arrows to adventuring archers that are in need. If anyone has anymore suggestions that could really boost the community aspect of the game I think those should be strongly considered as well. Crafting and Merchanting should be a huge aspect of the game going forward so small changes need to happen to keep everything relevant like Lumberjacking and Mining. These are playstyles that are lost in the current game that need to be restored.

As for PvP all I suggest is making Vice Vs Virtue a 100% opt in system largely unchanged from how it currently is. Just disable people from performing beneficial acts on VvV members so they no longer risk flagging and do not force people in VvV towns to flag or leave allow them to watch the battles as a blue since they cannot interfere. Since the population of this server would largely be made up of trammel oriented players people that have never PvP'd before may be more inclined to participate in PvP as it *should* be a more casual environment.

Returning players want a fresh start and it's time to start looking at various ruleset server's because the current style is not retaining players. And since this would largely be a replica of current servers it seems realistic that it could be ready for launch to coincide with the Endless Journey launch.
Every prodo shard has a Trammel ruleset. I do most of my gaming there, but I would NOT appreciate a Tram-only shard.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be a pretty lame server, have fun doing 200 medusa bosses for a slither that is almost worthless in pvm. Most of the stuff you get in tram that is worth something is sold to a pvper to use in fel. If you look at every artifact that is worth something its because its a viable piece in a pvpers suit. I don't know anyone who spends hundreds or billions of gold on their tamer suit or a pvm suit.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Unprovoked, uninvited, and non-consensual pvp is :
Similar ethics as you attack injure, and rob another person in RL, whether the person is homeless or wealthy, strong or weak. Because you can, right? In RL there are laws and systems in place that tend to control crime.
If it is not, I would like some one to explain the mind set to us : "killing" and robing a player's electronic avatar, removing intellectual property that took time and effort to gather -- How is this not one of the inferior aspects of human nature to do this activity? Essentially a cowardly act of a defective, immature human being, that is so frustrated in RL and feels so low that RL that tries to just harass, anger, and grieve others in this game, and feel obliged to do so by some unhealthy compulsion.
I stress : Non-consensual PVP. Consenting PVP is a 100% different matter, 180 degrees direction.

On top of these thoughts, you need to understand the age groups and maturity of the largest majority of players in this game, and the reasons most people play.

So I can begin to see the point of the OP. Also I can see that people need PVP but it is nice when it is consensual, especially in a new system that is trying to attract players. I.E. there are games out there, that have this already, and games that are much less funded etc. If you want to PVP, you can turn the PVP "flag" on, as if to spout out, "yeah dude I PVP, come and get me", then another similar minded player accept the challenge, even in Tramel. If this is the case =make it only consensual= then you dont need Fet ruleset.

Unsolicited PVP is a crime of sorts. Also if you are going to push the idea of crime in RL, and that there is always crime, look at the consequences of crime to the perpetrators. RL also has policing and controlling statutes that tend to control crime.

So I think that he has a point, its just too hard to see his point, if you have taken as face value and are profiting one way or another the way PVP has been done in this game.

Power scrolls should also not be usable by pets. I think that was a mistake. Also the idea of PS for humans usable on pets? There should be another variety of item usable by pets, and that should drop from major Boss creatures, anywhere imo.

Anyways thats my 10 cents

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I see your point clearly : non-consensual PVP is way different morally from consensual PVP. But how could that be done? As you can see non-consensual PVP has always been in this game, and seems engrained into the system.
I doubt that the programmer team is able to modify the code to do so, and also the old PVP'ers will be very unhappy! They will use any excuse about economy depending on Fel, value of arties worthless without Fel, the only valuable items in game are PVP items, etc.. So good luck with abolishing non-consensual PVP...It will not happen!

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unprovoked, uninvited, and non-consensual pvp is :
Similar ethics as you attack injure, and rob another person in RL, whether the person is homeless or wealthy, strong or weak. Because you can, right? In RL there are laws and systems in place that tend to control crime.
If it is not, I would like some one to explain the mind set to us : "killing" and robing a player's electronic avatar, removing intellectual property that took time and effort to gather -- How is this not one of the inferior aspects of human nature to do this activity? Essentially a cowardly act of a defective, immature human being, that is so frustrated in RL and feels so low that RL that tries to just harass, anger, and grieve others in this game, and feel obliged to do so by some unhealthy compulsion.
I stress : Non-consensual PVP. Consenting PVP is a 100% different matter, 180 degrees direction.

On top of these thoughts, you need to understand the age groups and maturity of the largest majority of players in this game, and the reasons most people play.

So I can begin to see the point of the OP. Also I can see that people need PVP but it is nice when it is consensual, especially in a new system that is trying to attract players. I.E. there are games out there, that have this already, and games that are much less funded etc. If you want to PVP, you can turn the PVP "flag" on, as if to spout out, "yeah dude I PVP, come and get me", then another similar minded player accept the challenge, even in Tramel. If this is the case =make it only consensual= then you dont need Fet ruleset.

Unsolicited PVP is a crime of sorts. Also if you are going to push the idea of crime in RL, and that there is always crime, look at the consequences of crime to the perpetrators. RL also has policing and controlling statutes that tend to control crime.

So I think that he has a point, its just too hard to see his point, if you have taken as face value and are profiting one way or another the way PVP has been done in this game.

Power scrolls should also not be usable by pets. I think that was a mistake. Also the idea of PS for humans usable on pets? There should be another variety of item usable by pets, and that should drop from major Boss creatures, anywhere imo.

Anyways thats my 10 cents
Yesterday, I watched a football game where player of Manchester United was taking the ball towards the goal. Despite him clearly being in possession of the ball, member of the opposing team TOOK the ball AWAY from him. Some measure of pushing and showing was also included. :( All of this was done intentionally. Very unfair! I think like half a million people or so saw this so maybe they catch the perp.It is neither moral nor legal for somebody to rob my wallet when I walk em streets. Therefore taking a ball from somebody midgame is immoral and a grey area, at best, in terms of lawfulness.

If you play a game, you'd do well to accept it's rules. These kinda go hand in hand. Risk vs. Reward -set up of doing PvE content in Fel is very evident and pretty functional imo.

If you break into house of some grandma IRL and force them, at gunpoint, to Install UO, log in and head for Yew Gate to Corp Por em reds, that's Non-consensual PVP.
If you also force the poor grandma to make a new account and otherwise navigate the clusterhump of UO account management, then we are also talking about crime against humanity.

Last edited:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes if both basket ball teams worked together, they'd score a lot more hoops....

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yesterday, I watched a football game where player of Manchester United was taking the ball towards the goal. Despite him clearly being in possession of the ball, member of the opposing team TOOK the ball AWAY from him. Some measure of pushing and showing was also included. :( All of this was done intentionally. Very unfair! I think like half a million people or so saw this so maybe they catch the perp.It is neither moral nor legal for somebody to rob my wallet when I walk em streets. Therefore taking a ball from somebody midgame is immoral and a grey area, at best, in terms of lawfulness.

If you play a game, you'd do well to accept it's rules. These kinda go hand in hand. Risk vs. Reward -set up of doing PvE content in Fel is very evident and pretty functional imo.

If you break into house of some grandma IRL and force them, at gunpoint, to Install UO, log in and head for Yew Gate to Corp Por em reds, that's Non-consensual PVP.
If you also force the poor grandma to make a new account and otherwise navigate the clusterhump of UO account management, then we are also talking about crime against humanity.
I agree its only a game, and PVP was there from the very beginning.
One way though conceivably, if people do not want to PVP, an easy way may be to program a simple code line that would allow/disallow PVP on each character/toon. But this also may be unfair to the predator players who somehow enjoy/benefit from murdering/ PKing other players who have no clue about how to PVP defend/fight, and are really defenseless vs a PK/PVP expert.
As for the new upcoming system servers, it may be best to try this PVP/no PVP flag on the toon, and see how it works, rather than have 2 different ruleset servers. As for the difference, most people here are aware of the difference between PK and PVP, and they are not the same in concept.
As for pet scrolls, think about it this way :
--Pets can go wild and can get lost to the player and it hurts to have had them scrolled if that happens. The loss is great, many hours of work lost to get the scrolls, UO $ and green $, etc.
--Player characters scrolled, will have no possibility of losing the benefit of the scroll they ate, regardless of circumstances, so scrolling the toon is perm.
It may be best to have pet scrolls, that have an easier way to be obtained, perhaps in less perilous circumstances, and with little possibility of theft/murder looming over the players head. Tasty treats anyone? Instead of tasty treats make diff color PS for pets (green maybe?) spawn in higher level Tmaps, like
Level 3 :105-110, Level 4: 110, Level 5: 115, Level 6: 115-120, level 7: 115 and more of 120, as a random in chest loot. This may bring back Treasure Hunting in a major way. Have the Fel T-maps have a higher probability to drop them etc, and make them blessed if agreeable.
Just ideas..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I agree its only a game, and PVP was there from the very beginning.
One way though conceivably, if people do not want to PVP, an easy way may be to program a simple code line that would allow/disallow PVP on each character/toon. But this also may be unfair to the predator players who somehow enjoy/benefit from murdering/ PKing other players who have no clue about how to PVP defend/fight, and are really defenseless vs a PK/PVP expert.
As for the new upcoming system servers, it may be best to try this PVP/no PVP flag on the toon, and see how it works, rather than have 2 different ruleset servers. As for the difference, most people here are aware of the difference between PK and PVP, and they are not the same in concept.
As for pet scrolls, think about it this way :
--Pets can go wild and can get lost to the player and it hurts to have had them scrolled if that happens. The loss is great, many hours of work lost to get the scrolls, UO $ and green $, etc.
--Player characters scrolled, will have no possibility of losing the benefit of the scroll they ate, regardless of circumstances, so scrolling the toon is perm.
It may be best to have pet scrolls, that have an easier way to be obtained, perhaps in less perilous circumstances, and with little possibility of theft/murder looming over the players head. Tasty treats anyone? Instead of tasty treats make diff color PS for pets (green maybe?) spawn in higher level Tmaps, like
Level 3 :105-110, Level 4: 110, Level 5: 115, Level 6: 115-120, level 7: 115 and more of 120, as a random in chest loot. This may bring back Treasure Hunting in a major way. Have the Fel T-maps have a higher probability to drop them etc, and make them blessed if agreeable.
Just ideas..
Right now, as it is, new/old players coming in/back into UO are faced with a massive charge for most white PS, that have gone from 1-2 M in the recent past only a few months ago for 120's, and really cheap 105-110 and 115, to pricetags for some being 50 M, everywhere, and no chance to come close to aquiring the UO gold for these. You can count that some of the people will try to get them with green $, that is something that UO does not condone.
So in short if you want new and incoming/returning players, something needs to be done about the present unbalanced economic system, that would drop the prices of the present white PS. I think its a no-brainer imo....@bleak, @mesana