• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jacks Bag of Tricks

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So I finally got Jack's Bag..WOOHOO!!

The severed elf ears is the first rare item I got! Funny name too....

Curious if others have gotten the ears and what names they have on them??

Glad the Dev's have a sense of humor!

JacksBag.jpg

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got the severed ears of an elf named Sugarplum Mary and a Suspicious Gift Box so far.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same here 3 bags 2 I got during titan event only 2 items so far

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess i am different then you guys - I always want rare things that keep their value. If everybody got a rare drop everyday, they would not be rare or worth anything.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m not into rare it’s just deco lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So far, just 2 glass candy canes.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I got an alabaster snowball elf ears and glass candy cane. I have 2 bags and not sure if i'll get a third, although i would like the ugly bear doll.

Last edited:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First grab from the bag was the Insulting Bear - tickle his belly and everyone hears him growl but his insults are only for you

ooops, sorry, here's pic

upload_2017-10-20_7-10-17.png

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The odds are absurd just like the new scarecrow drop rate

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those having problems getting the rare items, Message me and ill try to help you out with the odds.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got the Insulting Doll today...love the insults!

noob
you should stay inside today, it's for the better
Any chance you could wrap me back up and we can try this again with someone else
It smells in here...
You don't look very good

I think this is my favorite Halloween Content :)

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 insulting bears and 2 spiked egg nog and many candies from 2 Jack Bags and far too many candies Just cashed in drops for a 3rd baf to see if I can get glass canes and/or elf ears.

pigrose

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Put the jack bag in you character's backpack, log out about 10 mins, then u can use it again. Not sure if it is a bug.
And if u have all the candies in you pack, then you can use the jack bag till you get one of the 6 rewards.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back on July 28th, this exchange occurred:
The only artifact that I see having any issue is Jack’s Bag of Tricks. If you don't grab it right at the start of the month, it quickly becomes kind of pointless, Given that it's so pricy in points (75 points), unless you have points / stuff banked from past events, it'll take many of us a week or two to even hope for one. Could you consider leaving that one running until the xmas followup mini-publish (presumably some time towards the end of Nov)? That'd at least give folks a reason to still claim one even towards the end of October.

Oh, andboth with Doom and Sorcerer's items in my pack, I have yet to have any menu pop up. I've had to use the context menu each time.
For its first release, I think we can do that with the Bag o' Tricks.
Was the bag's ability to generate stuffs increased past the end of October (or November 15th)?

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Please note that the moderation team has already emailed this to [email protected], thanks for those who have reported this already :)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why does that post stay but the thread about the person who has 2 Fast cast goes poof???? It is clearly an exploit and covered in the RoC here.
I would imagine it's because in the FC bug post.

The guy said:

I don't like having unfair advantages over others whether it be with cheats or bugs fix this bug asap thanks so much
But, his screenshot showed he was using an "illegal" third-party program... oh the irony.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have told many about how to get the rewards by using the candies method. The log in/out one never worked for me so cant confirm that one. Also, if your server goes down as ATL has been doing almost daily, you can use the Bag of Tricks again keeping what u received after server up.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its funny.
i got a bag right off the bat so i could farm it for the rares, 3 weeks has gone by and ive been hitting it daily, nothing, not one rare.
then i start milking the bag with candy in my backpack, BOOM i have 5 of each of the 6 rares.
now i can continue on with the game and not have to worry about getting the rares anymore.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
its funny.
i got a bag right off the bat so i could farm it for the rares, 3 weeks has gone by and ive been hitting it daily, nothing, not one rare.
then i start milking the bag with candy in my backpack, BOOM i have 5 of each of the 6 rares.
now i can continue on with the game and not have to worry about getting the rares anymore.
Never passing on a good conspiracy... there are some really "odd bugs" that float around. I suspect (with absolutely no proof what so ever) that some are these things aren't accidents. Possibly aliens....

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
haha, there was a time that even saying the website on here would get ya a perma ban!
I just looked and was more than a little surprised they were still around. It doesn't appear to be all that active anymore... but it still exists.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its funny.
SHAME.png

:lick:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am so thrilled I can dye the Suspicious Gift Box with a furniture dye tub! :D
Me too! because the April 1st gift is the same color :/

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Elf Ear i haven't seen mentioned yet - Bushy Evergreen

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
FYI

just did 64 hits on the bag before i got a rare drop.
thats 2 months of daily hits for an event that only lasts a month.

i would not have been a happy camper had this bug not been found.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FYI

just did 64 hits on the bag before i got a rare drop.
thats 2 months of daily hits for an event that only lasts a month.

i would not have been a happy camper had this bug not been found.
Not saying that I’ve tried this “bug” but I think I might have went past “64” and thought the same thing about event and days

So event starts you have to spend days if not a week getting the bag so now you have 21 days to use the bag and it can take over 3 times that amount of time to get just 1 rare wtf it should only be 10 turn in points with odds like that lol