• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Throw a Bone to PVP

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
T2A PvP dungeons,

Hello Since no one is doing anything with T2A I was hoping we could make it a VVV Land, by putting in two VVV dungeons that give the player max luck and have mobs that drop VVV items that can be used for turn in points for vvv items. And have a chance of dropping legendries. Or a Turn in with a random legendary roll.This would be a great system for free to play players coming back to the game getting familiar with pvp again as well.

PvP is currently weak right now and only biased out of yew Gate so it would be nice to chance some stuff up. And provide an incentive to pvp.

BTW Can i have the ancient Lich back in Khaldun?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T2A PvP dungeons,

Hello Since no one is doing anything with T2A I was hoping we could make it a VVV Land, by putting in two VVV dungeons that give the player max luck and have mobs that drop VVV items that can be used for turn in points for vvv items. And have a chance of dropping legendries. Or a Turn in with a random legendary roll.This would be a great system for free to play players coming back to the game getting familiar with pvp again as well.

PvP is currently weak right now and only biased out of yew Gate so it would be nice to chance some stuff up. And provide an incentive to pvp.

BTW Can i have the ancient Lich back in Khaldun?

Few more PvP related issues - at least for me, as I've quit PvP again due to them.
Probably no-one cares, they'll keep going on down a path, and losing pvpers as they go.

• Lack of genuine content for mages - the backbone of pvp.
  • Too much disparity between EC and CC now, EC is too strong. Killing off the CC based pvpers.
  • No combined map of the quality of UOAM to co-ordinate pvp teams that can unite EC and CC based players. UO Carto does not have the chat function of UOAM, meaning you have to add something else to make it work.
  • VvV rewards are useless, no reason to fight.
  • Too much complication, not enough spontaneity.
My two cents.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, It would be nice to just get pvp out of Yew. and get it somewhere else. I think even put in Gates to Delucia and Papua would be great also. Currently its just dismount gank and talk about how bad everyone is general chat.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
In reference to pets, they are still strong very strong. The fact they cast at 4/6 making it almost impossible for any mage to get any offensive combo off giving your additional defense from pure mages.
Pets have always been overpowered, and have no place in any competitive pvp.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In reference to pets, they are still strong very strong. The fact they cast at 4/6 making it almost impossible for any mage to get any offensive combo off giving your additional defense from pure mages.
Pets have always been overpowered, and have no place in any competitive pvp.
Well... since they decided in their infinite wisdom to make Tamers need PS for pets then you ought to get used to them being in Fel... which then in that respect the pet and Tamer ought to at least have some fighting hope in hades of defending themselves and fighting BACK... Otherwise if Pets aren't meant to be in Fel then perhaps PS ought to be obtainable OUTSIDE Fel... just my opinion.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would love some reason to have the fights ANYWHERE besides yew gate lagtown. T2a would be great.

PvP could definitely use a carrot for some rejuvenation here soon. Sounds like vvv revamp is on the horizon but quite a ways off.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well... since they decided in their infinite wisdom to make Tamers need PS for pets then you ought to get used to them being in Fel... which then in that respect the pet and Tamer ought to at least have some fighting hope in hades of defending themselves and fighting BACK... Otherwise if Pets aren't meant to be in Fel then perhaps PS ought to be obtainable OUTSIDE Fel... just my opinion.
If power scrolls were obtainable in Tram, then there would be even less places to pvp. There needs to be more pvp hotspots then there are currently.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With Ej and no Ec and or a balanced CC I would pvp again if they limited armor too non-imbued leather and plate with no magical properties.

It would be almost pre AOS conditions...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In reference to pets, they are still strong very strong.
You know, or should I say you dont know, because you have never seen a pet in PvP but you complain how overpowered they are. The good pets start at double hit points and strength. We kill them all the time to get better ones. You are admitting a trammie can out PvP you with a pet that deals 50% reduced damage. @drcossack Invite this guy to LS. He is in desperate need of PvP training. He is scared of my OP pets. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i have no problem with scrolls being obtained outsider of fel if they give us these new dungeons.

I dont care for tamers dont think tamers should be rea
You know, or should I say you dont know, because you have never seen a pet in PvP but you complain how overpowered they are. The good pets start at double hit points and strength. We kill them all the time to get better ones. You are admitting a trammie can out PvP you with a pet that deals 50% reduced damage. @drcossack Invite this guy to LS. He is in desperate need of PvP training. He is scared of my OP pets. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Just because you can other people lack the creativity to use a tamer for pvp does not mean they are any less efficient. The Mage cannot cast a spell; Pets cast at 4/6 making it nearly impossible to cast a mage spell without removing yourself from the screen. I can buy a nightmare train him up and have the best 1 vs 1 template in the game, and not one player can stay on my screen.

If you are going to agrue this. You Either have no concept on pvp or balance, or you are 100% biased because your pet got nerfed and should not be commenting on this post.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A pet properly leveled for pvp is still ridiculous: 120 Wrestle, 120 Resist, Dismount, Bleed, etc. Between a pet casting at what's essentially 4/6 (btw, you have NEVER been able to interrupt spells from pets/monsters in general) and a player also trying to interrupt you, you're not going to be able mount much of an offense or defense unless the player is bad. They don't need to have the ability to do a lot of damage, if they're good in a utility role (which they are.) Resists/HP? If they're at 700+ HP with high resists and skills, you're not going to be able to kill a pet. There are ways around that, but it depends ENTIRELY on what the tamer has scrolled the pet in: if it's got 120 resist, paralyze (which is probably your best option on a <120 resist pet...at least, before the tamer breaks it themselves) isn't going to do ANYTHING.

But hey, I will personally fight your "OP" pets myself. And kill them/you: if the tamer can't pvp, it doesn't matter how strong the pet is.

Last edited:

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a stupid post in general, no one has ever said omg those untamed greater dragons are sooo overpowered (let alone a tamed GD). No, when you add the ability to customize them and add many different specials and skills to that dragon it becomes a different story.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love all the If pets were used responses. If pets were so great in PvP then everybody would use them. Or PvPers now choose a template that is not the best. If pets were so great, they would be used in PvP.

I see the garg with a vollem that terrorizes Yew gate on Atlantic. That's some great stuff.

But back to the point of the thread. They do give bones to PvP. They tried to add a tamer class.

I would throw a bone at PvP......but you would probably cry and moan about it being to over-powered until the devs nerf it so nobody can enjoy it.....

But it was nerfed. so if Pets ruined PvP. PvP must be back strong again. there are no pets in PvP just a bunch of what if and Oh My they have 4/6 casting. A pet AI is beating you now?

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
A pet properly leveled for pvp is still ridiculous: 120 Wrestle, 120 Resist, Dismount, Bleed, etc. Between a pet casting at what's essentially 4/6 (btw, you have NEVER been able to interrupt spells from pets/monsters in general) and a player also trying to interrupt you, you're not going to be able mount much of an offense or defense unless the player is bad. They don't need to have the ability to do a lot of damage, if they're good in a utility role (which they are.) Resists/HP? If they're at 700+ HP with high resists and skills, you're not going to be able to kill a pet. There are ways around that, but it depends ENTIRELY on what the tamer has scrolled the pet in: if it's got 120 resist, paralyze (which is probably your best option on a <120 resist pet...at least, before the tamer breaks it themselves) isn't going to do ANYTHING.

But hey, I will personally fight your "OP" pets myself. And kill them/you: if the tamer can't pvp, it doesn't matter how strong the pet is.
some pets corpseskin also and mortal. and cast at 4/6

so lets not talk about how stupid taming is right now.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love all the If pets were used responses. If pets were so great in PvP then everybody would use them. Or PvPers now choose a template that is not the best. If pets were so great, they would be used in PvP.

I see the garg with a vollem that terrorizes Yew gate on Atlantic. That's some great stuff.

But back to the point of the thread. They do give bones to PvP. They tried to add a tamer class.
Its really hard to take you serious when you're the most clueless person when it comes to pvp. Can you please just leave this thread, you're really derailing it. This is for pvp content IDEAS

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There was alot of pvp for a few weeks. Was fun when that publish came out. I have tried to make other templates to stay alive, but it was tough to compete with guys that have put in alot of time to understand the mechanics of pvp. I watched one guy decimate tamers and all types of templates that night of the event. Was actually fun! I just dont understand how that one character ran through so many different people. Thats when I decided I could never compete. I probably wouldnt do it for a new dungeoun, but if it would bring more people why not?

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing I don't understand is why only 2-3 shards do fel drop events? I personally think all shards should be required to do fel events that drop. So each EM gets 12 drops a year, I think at least 4 of those drops should be fel drops. That or give big shards like ATL- Europa a dedicated fel EM moderator @Mesanna

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If power scrolls were obtainable in Tram, then there would be even less places to pvp. There needs to be more pvp hotspots then there are currently.
That's not PvP... that's PK... HUGE difference... PvP is against someone skilled whom you battle... PK is just killing to kill. Usually PvP both parties WISH to participate... PK doesn't care if you want to fight or not... they don't care about a fair fight, clean fight or anything else... just killing and taking what they can from you.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's not PvP... that's PK... HUGE difference... PvP is against someone skilled whom you battle... PK is just killing to kill. Usually PvP both parties WISH to participate... PK doesn't care if you want to fight or not... they don't care about a fair fight, clean fight or anything else... just killing and taking what they can from you.

PvP = Player VS Player

PK = Player Killer

Assumable Player A has to kill Player B to be a player killer,

therefore = PVP

Please stop

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

PvP = Player VS Player

PK = Player Killer

therefore = PVP

Please stop
Sorry but coming up and waiting hidden till someone is fighting the boss and over half dead and gank killing them is NOT PvP... it's cheap PK.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry but coming up and waiting hidden till someone is fighting the boss and over half dead and gank killing them is NOT PvP... it's cheap PK.
It is your responsibility as player B to defend yourself, run away, do something.. to expect the unexpected when you are in fel at a common ground for pvp. Just because u roll over and take it doesn't make it not pvp

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran

But it was nerfed. so if Pets ruined PvP. PvP must be back strong again. there are no pets in PvP just a bunch of what if and Oh My they have 4/6 casting. A pet AI is beating you now?
are you just trolling? how did tamer class hel
See here is what you do not realize.
You have every facet but one. you can farm imbuing arties you can farm spawns the only thing you cannot obtain in this game is powerscrolls and you have an issue with. It is pretty much the only thing pvpers have in this game. And you want to take that away from them. its their only source of income. and you are being 100% greedy. So until there is something else that would attract pvp you need to keep powerscrolls the way they are.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Tamers have been in pvp for years. Back in the day on LS, there was, off the top of my head, one person who had a tamer that was actually set up for pvp. I could pvp on mine, although I did not do so very often - the only time I did any fighting with my tamer was at Oaks, due to spawn ignoring me/ethy warriors to res me in the middle of the fight.

In modern UO? Before the pet revamp, there were a few people who played tamers - they almost always used a mountable pet. The ones that didn't were gargoyles - you don't see many of them though.

Pets, due to the revamp, were made stronger than they ever were: Teleporting through Magery Mastery, gained the ability to Dismount, Bleed, cast other spell schools (Necromancy, Mysticism), had various caps (stats/resists/skills) enhanced so they could actually replicate things players could, Armor Ignore, etc. The Phoenix had the ability to chase a person forever and there was (almost) nothing they could do to escape; there were a few situations where you could, but they weren't exactly practical in an open field fight - basically, a chokepoint was your only chance to get away from it.

If you think pets are so weak now, feel free to PM me so I can set up a demonstration of how wrong you are.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
are you just trolling? how did tamer class hel

See here is what you do not realize.
You have every facet but one. you can farm imbuing arties you can farm spawns the only thing you cannot obtain in this game is powerscrolls and you have an issue with. It is pretty much the only thing pvpers have in this game. And you want to take that away from them. its their only source of income. and you are being 100% greedy. So until there is something else that would attract pvp you need to keep powerscrolls the way they are.
This would be great if they were actually getting scrolls and selling them on OUR shard not taking everything to Atl to sell... and someone could trade or whatever for them.... but PvPers aren't going to be doing spawns for scrolls... they just wait till NON PvPers come and try to get their own to kill them shamelessly when they are pretty much dead already and call it PvP... Which it is not. .3 seconds of hitting someone on the brink of death one hit killing them just to kill them isn't fun for anyone and it's not PvP...

Which is why my argument is stop saying Powerscrolls are what give you PvP since they don't.... they give 2 or 3PKs something to do for .2 seconds... and are an excuse to get something... started which maybe used to happen years ago but doesn't really happen anymore...

IMO more people would be happy and doing things more often if you could get 110's or 115's in Tram... and people that don't want to bind up all those scrolls would still go to Fel to get scrolls...

As it is now it's a huge lie to say that it brings PvP ..... since most folk will go to "dead" shards to farm them for themselves before subjecting themselves to PvP on their home shard.

Honestly there are far better things that ought to be done to make PvP more "fun" and such for folk... fixing VvV would be a start. Really think about idea's on what to do to make it more fun and to fix many of the issues with balance and such to make it more fun and last longer than .2 seconds than just say no keep ps in fel...

It's already been proven that adding carrots and such doesn't make folk want to go to Fel...

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This would be great if they were actually getting scrolls and selling them on OUR shard not taking everything to Atl to sell... and someone could trade or whatever for them.... but PvPers aren't going to be doing spawns for scrolls... they just wait till NON PvPers come and try to get their own to kill them shamelessly when they are pretty much dead already and call it PvP... Which it is not. .3 seconds of hitting someone on the brink of death one hit killing them just to kill them isn't fun for anyone and it's not PvP...

Which is why my argument is stop saying Powerscrolls are what give you PvP since they don't.... they give 2 or 3PKs something to do for .2 seconds... and are an excuse to get something... started which maybe used to happen years ago but doesn't really happen anymore...

IMO more people would be happy and doing things more often if you could get 110's or 115's in Tram... and people that don't want to bind up all those scrolls would still go to Fel to get scrolls...

As it is now it's a huge lie to say that it brings PvP ..... since most folk will go to "dead" shards to farm them for themselves before subjecting themselves to PvP on their home shard.

Honestly there are far better things that ought to be done to make PvP more "fun" and such for folk... fixing VvV would be a start. Really think about idea's on what to do to make it more fun and to fix many of the issues with balance and such to make it more fun and last longer than .2 seconds than just say no keep ps in fel...

It's already been proven that adding carrots and such doesn't make folk want to go to Fel...
they only scout despise... dont do despise. its that simple i promise if you did ice west on a dead shard you will never get raided. and if you do get raided icq me and i will come kill your pks we are always looking for something to do. that simple.. a lot of the people run cameras that scan spawn. FS! being one of those guilds

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Proof? Please give us an example?
VvV reward items, 120 scrolls (for the most part), +25 scrolls, increased resources (though this could be hard to gauge as there is a LOT of area), increased luck, Khaldun, Primeval Lich/Abyssal Infernal...

While a few people may go to Fel specifically for these things, the majority simply do not.

The majority of people simply have no interest in PvP, even when they have the ability to easily prevent the majority of their possessions from being lost. They do not find it fun.

This is why Felucca lost and Trammel was created.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VvV reward items, 120 scrolls (for the most part), +25 scrolls, increased resources (though this could be hard to gauge as there is a LOT of area), increased luck, Khaldun, Primeval Lich/Abyssal Infernal...

While a few people may go to Fel specifically for these things, the majority simply do not.

The majority of people simply have no interest in PvP, even when they have the ability to easily prevent the majority of their possessions from being lost. They do not find it fun.

This is why Felucca lost and Trammel was created.
Huh? So you're saying that adding 120's to fel didn't bring people to fel? lololol... VvV did bring lots of pvp for the first 5-6 months, but the reward system was WEAK. If they provided items like what are in shadowguard and are not easily farmed it would still be a viable system. The problem with an artifact reward system is that they tend to become farmed rather quickly and considering it takes Broadsword 4 years to do an update to anything. As far as the abyssal inferno spawns, we already have a million spawns we don't need anymore (turtle is pointless and a waste of developers time). Luck is worthless and broken, shoot give that to trammel.

First off, you can't say majority of possessions anymore because of insurance.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Huh? So you're saying that adding 120's to fel didn't bring people to fel? lololol...
They diem for a while. Notsomuch anymore, even with the added need due to pets.

VvV did bring lots of pvp for the first 5-6 months, but the reward system was WEAK. If they provided items like what are in shadowguard and are not easily farmed it would still be a viable system. The problem with an artifact reward system is that they tend to become farmed rather quickly and considering it takes Broadsword 4 years to do an update to anything.
The VvV rewards are weak. I thought it was silly they put in a bunch of deco in a PvP system.

I doubt anyone would mind if the devs added Shadowguard-type artifacts to VvV...as long as they couldn't be used in Trammel.

As far as the abyssal inferno spawns, we already have a million spawns we don't need anymore (turtle is pointless and a waste of developers time). Luck is worthless and broken, shoot give that to trammel.
I've only done the Abyssal twice, found it boring, the Primeval is more entertaining...mainly because of the deco unlocks.

Luck can effect drop rates and the quality of looted items, though Shadowguard loot still beats everything else.

Er... You may want to reread what I wrote...

Anyway, these are all carrots offered to "mitigate the risk" that have failed to keep people coming to Fel year after year.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Huh? So you're saying that adding 120's to fel didn't bring people to fel? lololol... VvV did bring lots of pvp for the first 5-6 months, but the reward system was WEAK. If they provided items like what are in shadowguard and are not easily farmed it would still be a viable system. The problem with an artifact reward system is that they tend to become farmed rather quickly and considering it takes Broadsword 4 years to do an update to anything. As far as the abyssal inferno spawns, we already have a million spawns we don't need anymore (turtle is pointless and a waste of developers time). Luck is worthless and broken, shoot give that to trammel.

In the short term yes folk tried to get 120 scrolls... some joined large Zerg guilds... but they quickly found out that the "men in charge" .... so to speak only gave out a little pittance of what was to be had... they found out that the high rankings were making a killing off of them and soon quit in disgust... though some lapped up the scraps like dogs.

The VvV system is seriously flawed just like the old Factions were... (big surprise)... and yes folk figured out how to farm the system.

And I feel for you really I do... but there has GOT to be a better way... the current put a carrot in Fel and let folk get trounced when they try to take it only serves ONE purpose... it makes the Fel fat cat cheaters fatter giving them more fodder to feed from for a short term... and makes the gulf larger... it also makes people more HATEFUL of Fel and those in it.... which bleeds over into everything else... is that what you want????

I thought the idea was to bring PvP back some? If that is the case then they need to come up with a system that makes it more fun and rewarding for EVERYONE involved... And doesn't widen the gulf.

And they need to level the playing field... what they are doing now is NOT working. Take Tamers who've now been crippled beyond what was necessary to ridiculousness.

Mesanna mentioned at the meet and greet that they were aware that many folk wanted a Fel everywhere shard. But you have to know even that will NOT work... the reason most felt Fel was awesome back in the day is because they were praying on the weak.. and there were plenty of weak folk about... "The strong do eat and the weak are meat.".. but in a Fel only shard now.... there would be no fodder... those who don't care for PvP and aren't going to be there and those that do will be geared to the teeth knowing all the exploits and all that...

It will NEVER be what it was before. Never... Even if you were given the shard... it would never be like old Fel.

I personally would like to go back before AoS... but keep housing the way it is... but that's not likely to happen either...

I've also considered that they might do well making a Fel everywhere shard along with an official RP Server and servers geared to PvM and to Collectors and such... but if they did that it would kill the diversity that makes UO so great.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys, I think you have derailed this thread tbh.

I notice all those with a hate for Fel, just don't join in, you don't go to Fel, you don't need to be here.
To the tamers, and yes, I know this has become tamer online, again, this was about pvp, not about another element of the game for tamers to dominate.

While you all moan about pvp, and attitudes in pvp, let me moan a little about pvm, and the attitudes there.

• PvM in Trammel involves the most blatent cheating, afk macroing, farming, scripting, collecting resources with zero effort and destroying the game in the biggest way, yet everyone ignores it. It is insidious.
  • PvP cannot really have tamers in it, again, because there is no player interaction or skill, "all kill = no skill". The reason why they can't have self driving cars in motorsport, because driver skill is lost.
  • All events and event drops are done in Trammel. You multibox cheat, there is no risk in getting 100m+ items. In Fel, multiboxing and afk scripting can be fixed, they cannot exist.
  • IDOCS in trammel, again, a completely safe, non risk, system full of corruption and greed to flood the game with billions in gold of items - destroying the game.
Noticing a pattern here?
Trammel is non risk, max reward, full of cheating, multiboxing, scripting, greed and corruption, therefore I must assume the players defending it, or who play in this style are like that also?

Why should we be listening to your inputs for the facet where people want to have risk v reward, where players want to genuinely earn what they gain? The last pure facet.

Is this what UO and the players are these days?

So please, all the tamers, and people who play in Trammel, please accept there are people who don't want to be like this, and want to play in a more pure playstyle.

I didn't attend the Invasion even though I'm a Pure Mage, and would have loved the spellbook drops, because the loot drop system promoted an unethical negative playstyle.
I don't attend events because they are only attended by players fuelled by greed.
I don't do Trammel IDOCS because of how they destroy the game and it's economy.
That's who I am.

Leave this thread alone, stay in Trammel, I don't go on in your threads, I even supported tamers tbh, but, PvP needs improving.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there are two players fighting, in any scenario, it IS pvp. Player vs Player. Any other meaning you want to put in to pvp is imaginary.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they only scout despise... dont do despise. its that simple i promise if you did ice west on a dead shard you will never get raided. and if you do get raided icq me and i will come kill your pks we are always looking for something to do. that simple.. a lot of the people run cameras that scan spawn. FS! being one of those guilds
She knows this, she just wants scrolls in tram so she refuses to admit it.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You are Not talking about PvP. You are talking about places to PK Players who want to gather their PS...

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are Not talking about PvP. You are talking about places to PK Players who want to gather their PS...

My personal view on the gathering of Items and Equipment, and the conflict between PvPers, PvMers and Crafters, separate them, let them play their own playstyles.

Take Powerscrolls and Stat scrolls to Trammel, let PvMers gather them in the way they want to gather them.

Take Legendary Items, SoTs, Tangles, Crimson Cintures, every other useful Item a player may want, and put them in PvP in some format or another - VvV rewards, Dungeon Drops etc. So PvPers can play in their playstyle, and also obtain these Items. Leave Champ Spawns as they are in Fel ofc also.

Same for Crafters - allow them a method to Craft all these Items.

This way, there is no conflict between playstyles, and people can chose the way to play that is most fun to them, to gain Items.
In the same way some players don't like to go to Fel and be preyed upon to gain Items, some players detest going to Trammel and being tainted by the Greed there.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@TB Cookie [W] for heaven's sake stop talking so much sense you will cause a riot!!! :p
Seriously, I agree though, everything should be available to everyone, we all pay the same monthly fee to play, let people who like Fel stay there and get their rewards their own way and us Trammies can do the same, nothing is going to entice some people into Fel and vice versa...

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

PvP = Player VS Player

PK = Player Killer

therefore = PVP

Please stop
Sorry i call BS here. Yes u maybe right in a fact Check that even pking is PvP

But even a blind donkey can See that He was talking about raiding spawns.

Which is slaying people to get their Scrolls.

BE honest and call IT by ITS Name and dont disguise IT behind "all is PvP"

:bdh:

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Noticing a pattern here?
Trammel is non risk, max reward, full of cheating, multiboxing, scripting, greed and corruption, therefore I must assume the players defending it, or who play in this style are like that also?

Why should we be listening to your inputs for the facet where people want to have risk v reward, where players want to genuinely earn what they gain? The last pure facet.
I actually agree with you on some of your points, but I honestly disagree with your risk/reward assessment. For the non pvp'er what's the reward? Scrolls I can buy? Bah. From what I understand a PvP'ers reward is to best a skilled opponent - it's a competition. Can pvper's not see that for a lot of players that is not an incentive?

So from a non PvP perspective you'd have to put a LOT and I mean a LOT of effort into kitting out a char and really learning how to PvP to compete. For many of us there's no reward in UO that's worth that effort. You're not going to get quality competition that truly is the mark of risk vs. reward - assuming you mean the risk is shared instead of sheep (risk) vs. PK (reward) unless you come up with some kind of tiered system to allow people to advance through.

For example, right now you have people wanting more people to fight who have PvP'ed so long they're untouchable by the normal player. That would be like taking your 5 yr old peewee football player and stacking him up against an NFL player. How you go about getting that 5 yr old gradually up to NFL level who isn't driven by a competitive nature without continual beat downs by the elite is beyond me. ;)

If there were different pvp hotspots off limits to PvP'ers that are established pros (Win vs. Loss ratio maybe?) to progress through that wasn't abused, maybe more would take that path and have more incentive to put in all the work to have a chance against you guys. Until then the rest of us have to put up with all the greed Trammel encourages, just to play the game we enjoy.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UO Historically is known as a pvp game. I think there is a great opportunity to attack new subs for free 2 play with a update pvped system. The last zone that was created that allowed pvp was T2A. Let that sink in for one second. 1998 was the last time we got a new zone we can pvp in. I cant speak for the people who still pvp in today’s UO. But the game is stale. The System is stale. There is a huge and I mean Huge playerbase of people who played ultima online at one time and enjoyed pvp. Most of them got bored of farming powerscrolls or fighting in yew. They moved onto other games. Like Albion, Or League of Legends. WOW, Overwatch Darkfall but they all say the same thing “UO was their favorite pvp game of all time”

With a ignored pvp system no updated content that apply to them they moved on and I don’t blame any of them. And I am not sure whos fault it is and it really does not matter at this point. Everyone wants the same thing. A Higher playerbase. You keep doing things to improve the trammel aspect and investing money into developing new content but you have still done zero to develop pvp content.

There are tons of things you can do and everyone has a few ideas how to put a pulse back into a system that has been dead for 10 years. Just do something.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Guys, I think you have derailed this thread tbh.

I notice all those with a hate for Fel, just don't join in, you don't go to Fel, you don't need to be here.
To the tamers, and yes, I know this has become tamer online, again, this was about pvp, not about another element of the game for tamers to dominate.

While you all moan about pvp, and attitudes in pvp, let me moan a little about pvm, and the attitudes there.

• PvM in Trammel involves the most blatent cheating, afk macroing, farming, scripting, collecting resources with zero effort and destroying the game in the biggest way, yet everyone ignores it. It is insidious.
  • PvP cannot really have tamers in it, again, because there is no player interaction or skill, "all kill = no skill". The reason why they can't have self driving cars in motorsport, because driver skill is lost.
  • All events and event drops are done in Trammel. You multibox cheat, there is no risk in getting 100m+ items. In Fel, multiboxing and afk scripting can be fixed, they cannot exist.
  • IDOCS in trammel, again, a completely safe, non risk, system full of corruption and greed to flood the game with billions in gold of items - destroying the game.
Noticing a pattern here?

Is this what UO and the players are these days?

So please, all the tamers, and people who play in Trammel, please accept there are people who don't want to be like this, and want to play in a more pure playstyle.

I didn't attend the Invasion even though I'm a Pure Mage, and would have loved the spellbook drops, because the loot drop system promoted an unethical negative playstyle.
I don't attend events because they are only attended by players fuelled by greed.
I don't do Trammel IDOCS because of how they destroy the game and it's economy.
That's who I am.

Leave this thread alone, stay in Trammel, I don't go on in your threads, I even supported tamers tbh, but, PvP needs improving.
Can't like this enough.

For those against pvp enhancements, why are you even in this thread? None of us go into your threads crying you shouldn't get more deco options or whatever other requests you have. I can't understand why you all act like pvp is a detriment to this game or growing the community. Sure, it's not fun to not know how to cast a gheal on yourself and get pop shot by a stealther and lose a spawn. I can't speak for pre-aos because I started when AoS was first released, but with scrolls coming out you either learned how to defend yourself or you surrounded yourself with people that could. That's why the game was so much more fun then. Everyone wasn't trying to avoid the big bad reds. Case in point, a few months ago Cartel on Pac was destroying 420 because they weren't very good at defending themselves. So instead of kicking them too, two or three of us would come help them when they icq'd us. Everyone wins. Cartel doesn't just steamroll some randoms, we get more pvp on another shard without asking for anything else in return, and 420 gets to pvp and make gold. Just like when I first played UO on Baja when AoS came out and half of us didn't have a clue what the hell we were doing, but a group of pvpers protected us against SI.

That's the biggest difference in what I see here. Pvpers want to work together for more pvp. The greater the incentive, maybe the greater chance of some new folks TRYING to learn to pvp, means bigger guilds to fight, etc etc. If you want the reward enough you'll learn. "Trammies" on the other hand want their favorite pet to be able to solo any boss, don't want risk in losing a precious whatever item, don't want to have to work with other people if they don't feel like it.

Side note - Who do you think is spending a plat or two on the loot you guys get doing your trammel only stuff?

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry i call BS here. Yes u maybe right in a fact Check that even pking is PvP

But even a blind donkey can See that He was talking about raiding spawns.

Which is slaying people to get their Scrolls.

BE honest and call IT by ITS Name and dont disguise IT behind "all is PvP"

Raiding spawns is pvp? Player or Group of players A , goes to the location that Player or Group of players B is to kill them and take their prize.
This is why you set up para fields and defenses and dont just get to sit around and endlessly farm scrolls?

Yes please lets call IT by ITS name for ONCE

PVP

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Side note - Who do you think is spending a plat or two on the loot you guys get doing your trammel only stuff?
Ive said this a million times but nobody gets it..

Lets insert donkey thing because its apparently what you're supposed to do..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those against pvp enhancements, why are you even in this thread?
Thread raiding. Dont like it?

Im not against PvP enhancements. They tried to get a new template into PvP but yall wanted it nerfed to uselessness.

They put in a mace from Doom. Oh Noes I got killed by a macer. Cant have that. Nerfed to uselessness in the game.

When they add something, learn to adapt instead of whining. Maybe more players will come to Fel.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take Powerscrolls and Stat scrolls to Trammel, let PvMers gather them in the way they want to gather them.
Fine. Then I want to be able to kill people (without luring) in Tram. There's literally NOTHING stopping people from doing Spawns in Fel now. They're just too lazy to do it and want the rewards handed to them on a silver platter. How much unique content has Fel been given? Powerscrolls, two Champ Spawns, VvV (sucks), a 1k Luck Bonus that probably doesn't even work, and double resources.

And who are the ones farming it? Pretty sure it's not the "Trammies"; at least, not to the volume that some people do it.

Just like when I first played UO on Baja when AoS came out and half of us didn't have a clue what the hell we were doing, but a group of pvpers protected us against SI.
Was the same for me, shortly after AoS launched. I had no clue what I was doing at Yew Gate, my char was MASSIVELY underskilled for pvp, and I was on dialup, so for me, it was fun trolling the Reds by running back to the GZ. My first spawn was Rats in Desert. Got raided. Did it suck? Yeah. But I didn't let it stop me from doing spawns again.

Some of the most fun I've had pvp'ing in UO has been at spawns. If people don't like getting raided, they can get a group together, and, oh, idk, LEARN HOW TO DEFEND THEMSELVES.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO Historically is known as a pvp game. I think there is a great opportunity to attack new subs for free 2 play with a update pvped system. The last zone that was created that allowed pvp was T2A. Let that sink in for one second. 1998 was the last time we got a new zone we can pvp in. I cant speak for the people who still pvp in today’s UO. But the game is stale. The System is stale. .
What about the arena system that was added in November 2011? It added four new PvP areas, two of which are in Trammel and the other two are in Felucca.

Edited to add: Forgot to mention that two new Fel-rule champ spawns were added in Ter Mur with Stygian Abyss in 2009.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thread raiding. Dont like it?

Im not against PvP enhancements. They tried to get a new template into PvP but yall wanted it nerfed to uselessness.

They put in a mace from Doom. Oh Noes I got killed by a macer. Cant have that. Nerfed to uselessness in the game.

When they add something, learn to adapt instead of whining. Maybe more players will come to Fel.
Explain to me why Glenda should be the only imbuable artifact please. Nearly each time something new is introduced there is a need to have it scaled back down. Unless maybe you think we should just bring WoD archers back or 150 damage ornate axe lightning strikes. Sure, bring back Glenda imbuing and let me do 200+ damage backstabs with a heavy crossbow. If each of these things weren't scaled back during their heyday then UO pvp would be nothing but running around one shotting each other and everything being a crap shoot. You see one item getting toned down (guess what, I can think of three people on ATL still pvping with Glenda), or one template no long having pets teleport, cast at 4/6, while hitting mortals and bleeds WITH a player hitting you.

Pvpers see a collective of ideas that if left untouched completely decimate any skill left in the game. Don't be so short sighted in your opinions.

Last edited: