• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Throw a Bone to PVP

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tired of Devs wasting limited Resources on PvPers who are the biggest whiners in the game. Every week we have a thread about how this or that is unfair, or needs to be nerfed or looked at.

Majority of the playerbase doesn't want to PvP yet the Devs continue to waste a huge amount of time on PvP.:coco::thumbdown:
Maybe because the pvp in UO is that broken. We "whine" because of all of the imbalances + the devs not caring about it.

Majority of the playerbase doesn't pvp, but feel the need to weigh in on EVERY SINGLE PVP THREAD like their opinion matters. Do the pvp'ers go into threads about deco and complain? No. Do we go into threads about pvm content and complain? No - look at the Sorcerer's Dungeon complaints. I don't know how it is on other shards, but people on LS only showed up for certain rooms when me & my two guildmates were on - they couldn't compete with our thunderstorm spam and whined about it (when they had ample time to prepare a character that could do it themselves.)

If you don't want to compete with others for things in a pvm setting, too bad. People aren't going to go out of their way to accommodate you because "your template is useless."

If the pvp in this game wasn't a hot mess with all sorts of issues, we'd have more people doing it. Do you know why pvp activity was high in years gone by? It had its issues, to be sure, but it wasn't anywhere near as complicated as it is now.

This sums it up well enough:
800 skill, max eaters, HPR, 20+MR, etc etc etc I'm not sure I'd be interested in spending the time or money to catch up.
My account was inactive for 7 years. Do you have any idea how confused I was when I first started playing again in 2014? Imbuing, reforging, Shame loot, new skills, new item properties, suits far superior to what existed when I last played, etc. If I were a brand new player and wanted to pvp in this game...hell, if I wanted to PLAY this game in general, I wouldn't - there's far too many hurdles for a new player to deal with. They'd be better off playing something simpler, like Overwatch or PUBG.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mesanna has been terrible for this game...in many ways that I can agree with. She's the worth thing ever to happen to UO imo.

PvPers whine all the time and we see changes made which affect PvM.

With limited resources I don't want to see it put into PvP as we have the last 5-7 years...there is always something in the Release Notes regarding PvP e.g Factions, VvV. It's fail, fail, fail, and PvPers are right back asking for MORE.

I still wish as many others do that UO would fall into the hands of someone who actually gave a damn, and had a clue about how to push life back in the game...both PvM and PvP.

Really the current team over the past 5-10 years have done very little to breath life into UO. The game has one foot in the grave due to lack of leadership and vision of the powers that be.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Tired of Devs wasting limited Resources on PvPers who are the biggest whiners in the game. Every week we have a thread about how this or that is unfair, or needs to be nerfed or looked at.

Majority of the playerbase doesn't want to PvP yet the Devs continue to waste a huge amount of time on PvP.:coco::thumbdown:

If you are here for no reason other than disruption and trashing PVPers, please withhold any further comments. PVPers have every right to discuss their issues. Please stay on topic and do not turn this into a "let's trash PVP" discussion.

Mesanna has been terrible for this game...in many ways that I can agree with. She's the worth thing ever to happen to UO imo.

PvPers whine all the time and we see changes made which affect PvM.

With limited resources I don't want to see it put into PvP as we have the last 5-7 years...there is always something in the Release Notes regarding PvP e.g Factions, VvV. It's fail, fail, fail, and PvPers are right back asking for MORE.

I still wish as many others do that UO would fall into the hands of someone who actually gave a damn, and had a clue about how to push life back in the game...both PvM and PvP.

Really the current team over the past 5-10 years have done very little to breath life into UO. The game has one foot in the grave due to lack of leadership and vision of the powers that be
In that same vein, also do not derail the thread into generalized developer bashing. If you have a particular complaint you would like to share, feel free to create your own thread about it, but do not disrupt this one.

This is a fair warning to all to please stay on topic.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
A new zone with Fel rules would help. Maybe for an upcoming publish such as the Endless Journey.