• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seriously, what's the allure??

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hold nothing against people who engage in consensual PvP
All pvp is consensual. If you are in fel, you consent to be attacked. Killing anyone in fel for any reason isn't griefing, in and of itself, it's part of the ruleset. If you are being a **** about it, sure, but if you kill someone at a spawn, regardless of how weak they are, that's on them as much as it is on the PK.

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately this thread is spiraling into a direction that was unintended. I have no issue with PVP rule set as it is, nor does it bother me if/when I get raided. I consider it part of the risk, especially considering there are times I complete the spawns without interruption. My question was more around is attacking a PVM'r really so exciting to go through all the effort for such a short battle? When figuring out the best times to solo a spawn I watched Despise at all hours to see what's the least risky. Honestly it went untouched for days. The only activity down there would be if I triggered the spawn. Obviously I'm wrong, but it just seems so boring to for a PK to keep checking on something for days on end waiting for that one person to kill.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately this thread is spiraling into a direction that was unintended. I have no issue with PVP rule set as it is, nor does it bother me if/when I get raided. I consider it part of the risk, especially considering there are times I complete the spawns without interruption. My question was more around is attacking a PVM'r really so exciting to go through all the effort for such a short battle? When figuring out the best times to solo a spawn I watched Despise at all hours to see what's the least risky. Honestly it went untouched for days. The only activity down there would be if I triggered the spawn. Obviously I'm wrong, but it just seems so boring to for a PK to keep checking on something for days on end waiting for that one person to kill.
I was more responding to the comments about griefing, and pks being psychopaths, rather than your own, just for clarity. :D

But on topic, as I said before, 1) There is little to no effort to check the spawn. Log in, look for 2 seconds, log out. Done. Repeat every half hour/20 minutes depending on action elsewhere. 2) Some people like to be a pk, it's what they do. They don't ask questions about who they are killing, they just look for targets. They do it for fun, and if they are smart they would let you work the spawn to the boss, kill you, then kill the boss and get all the rewards.

My advice to you would be to cast exorcism, so that at least you protect yourself from ghost cams, and run Deceit or something instead of despise, or do it at 2am on weeknights, or before noon on weekdays.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I fail to see the allure in a .2 second kill... maybe that's me... takes 0 skill and it's really not that exciting to kill someone who's mostly dead anyway but whatever makes them feel bigger and better...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fail to see the allure in a .2 second kill... maybe that's me... takes 0 skill and it's really not that exciting to kill someone who's mostly dead anyway but whatever makes them feel bigger and better...
Gives them a big ole woody that they can talk about in GC for hours LOL

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
PVP is fun. Don’t just play pure pvm, join a guild and have fun with PVP, and you will pick up defensive skills to stay alive easier at spawn raids.

Basically if I don’t get dismounted, chances of surviving is close to 95% as long as I keep running even with 3-4 chasing my tail. Been there and done that, even against guilds i know who are using “speed hacks”.

Once I was using my sampire and I led a lone attacker from T2A to Brit twice, ran in circles, around houses, even ran in a small triangle within 8 squares. They can’t kill you dude.
He gave up chasing me, but I can’t finish my spawn as he just keep harassing me. But he can’t either because if he does I will go in with my pvp char.

Stay, dismount, disarmed = dead for sure.

In my shard, it’s like “gangs”. There are currently 2 guillds now that does Pk and pvp. Pk is like upholding the tradition and name of a “Killer” guild since Fel started... PVP is when to fight another opposing “Killer” guild... somewhat we call them our enemies... without enemies in game then it’s not a game.... PK is a profession by itself I guess.

Yes I agree Pk and pvp are different as what @Scribbles described is correct. But I personally loved PvP 99% more than PK. PK is more for the guild’s name, brotherhood (hehe), show them who we are (smacks my forehead... geez)... but what the heck I haven’t really PKer anyone but I have PVP killed some pvp chars... lol

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They randomly check spawns. You happened to be doing it, they set up a stealthier wait for boss to pop, and killed you. The reason they not do it earlier is for mutiple reasons. Killing you in the dungeon as it pops saves them from healing the boos or having to work any spawn for you to come back. Hit the boss force a heal, having you get random hits on the boss and get scrolls. Some people will kill you just to kill you and not even finish the spawn. Some will kill you because it’s UO..they haven’t seen a blue in years now.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
If the OP is talking about the shard I think he/she is, there is a lot more to this scenario. Including the fact that for some reason his own guild doesn't even do the spawn with him/her, AND that he/she has been known to "jump in" on "other's" spawn as well. Not saying that's good or bad, just information that was conveniently left out. Of course, if it is a different shard, then please disregard the above comment. :)
sounds like you are blaming his/her guild for them getting PK'd. And if it is who you think it is, then the guild is doing Halloween stuff right now. Also they have been asked to join if they should wish.
And about "jumping-in", asking to join with no reply is considered acceptance.
And as for the town invasions we had & sorcerers dungeons you shouldn't have to have permission to join. Do you ask to join at an EM event?
(note: in town invasions I only fought invaders with people who helped me, now the titans are a different story, hehe)

============================================

I personally have never done fel Despise, everyone keeps saying its quick to go there.
Is it completely different than the tram side?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally have never done fel Despise, everyone keeps saying its quick to go there.
Layout, no. Content: Yes. If you remember pre-revamp Despise, it has the same mobs: Ogre Lords, Trolls, Ettins, etc. It's VERY quick to go there: Fire Dungeon teleporter takes you right to the spawn area.

As far as "jumping in": It's a Fel Champ spawn. If you're going to do that, expect that there's a possibility you get killed. In Tram: No. I have told people (that didn't even ask if I wanted help) to go away (very nice version) only to be ignored...or had people help me with minor spawn during invasions, like lava serpents. Yeah, I totally needed help with that really threatening lava serpent.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dots first post nailed it on the head.
Every shard I know for a fact,
I know a guild that has "cams" watching each one.
The GM of said guild has his members copied to every shard.
When I say copied I mean they have same skills and reasonably same armor..
They wait till you get it far enough and swoop in with on line member's to finish the job.
Why?
Well at first it is the scrolls... some have gone up in value..
Then this is where they get their kicks... they love to ruin your day.
His reaction to my inquiry was pure evil...
He said they live to "Bleep" your day.

Worse off his guild is not the only one ....

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sounds like you are blaming his/her guild for them getting PK'd. And if it is who you think it is, then the guild is doing Halloween stuff right now. Also they have been asked to join if they should wish.
And about "jumping-in", asking to join with no reply is considered acceptance.
And as for the town invasions we had & sorcerers dungeons you shouldn't have to have permission to join. Do you ask to join at an EM event?
(note: in town invasions I only fought invaders with people who helped me, now the titans are a different story, hehe)

============================================

Sorry, I wasn't blaming the guild at all. My point was simply that there are ways to keep from getting killed.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Play in the fel rule set and there really are no rules. While I am not overly fond of scrolls only being in fel that is how it is. And let us not forget Bless Deeds are cheap, a lot cheaper than insurance if you die as much as I do :) Unless you are playing Siege you really run ZERO risk in Fel. For all the super PK GC talk fel is really just Candy Land where another player may or may not kill you.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sorry... if y’all don’t mind another side track... how or where do some guys get those “Bless Deed” in the game? I know how to get clothing bless deeds but “Bless Deed” for almost everything else.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry... if y’all don’t mind another side track... how or where do some guys get those “Bless Deed” in the game? I know how to get clothing bless deeds but “Bless Deed” for almost everything else.
they're a cleanup reward from a few years ago - they "replaced" the old Item Bless Deed from the original Clean up Britannia program (but do the same thing.)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only started fel pvping end of last year. Im pretty bad at it. Everyone seems to bad mouth each other and actually get physically angry between guilds and factions etc. Im not interested in the politics of it all. Im friends with people from every fel guild on Europa. When i first started pvping im not gonna lie, i got annoyed and let it get to me dieing all the time. I didn't want to be one of those guys who got dragged into the arguements and vendettas though. So i focus'd on changing my mindset to seeing fel pvp as a bit of fun, i saw fighting my friends in enemy guilds as a challenge, i came up with stupid ideas to carry out to have fun. My pvp char is named Bear Grills with a Chefs hat, i started engraving food with funny phrases to leave next to my victims bodies. I built a fort with a trail of sausages leading into it waiting for someone to walk in, then blocking the entrance with a box from stealth and attacking.

I try my best to not get angry about how or why i died, but to focus on the big question. "What am i going to do about it?" I could sit there and moan all day over gen chat but it achieves nothing, so instead i think of funny ways to get my revenge.
Also a major point is that this is an MMO, dont go to fel on your own, make some friends and go together to face the challenge

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot got as many as they could with the turn in points like Hundreds if not thousands of them and probably more than a few duped ones. So some of us hoard what we got to bless out own junk, some sell them in game and others RMT them. Almost always Bless deeds on some atlantic vendor.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you tell the difference on the cloth and item bless deed does it say “item” on it

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bless Deed just says Bless Deed, Clothing Bless Deed says just that, Item Bless deed says that.