• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido on pets

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I saw on Atlantic a Cu Shide with ninjitsu, bushido, bladeweave and chivalry, so I think it is possible. I remember it was shocking for me because the Cu was spamming chivalry spells like my AI Chival Cu but his mana never go down lol. And only 300 mana pool. Strange as hell.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I saw on Atlantic a Cu Shide with ninjitsu, bushido, bladeweave and chivalry, so I think it is possible. I remember it was shocking for me because the Cu was spamming chivalry spells like my AI Chival Cu but his mana never go down lol. And only 300 mana pool. Strange as hell.
Great, the Chiv would give it some great damage and Bushido would give it great defense.

Looks like I'll be looking for a new colored lesser to give that a try. Will take an extra 500 points but you can get by with a little less HP. I will choose Whirlwind to get the Bushido on it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That sounds so good i went to TC and tamed one. You can't have Chiv and Bushido as active magic skills.

I put the Bushido on with nerve strike. the same would work with bladeweave. Then I chose Chiv.

upload_2017-10-10_21-6-4.png

It looks like it has 2 magics. But, the pets actual skills have one or the other.

upload_2017-10-10_21-7-28.png

This one with Bushido as the active skill.

upload_2017-10-10_21-10-45.png

This with Chiv as the active skill. Notice the Whirlwind goes away.

So it looks like you can have Chivalry with a passive Bushido. I doubt you get the full benefit of Bushido. Also cost 1000 points for both. But you can switch back and forth for 0 points.

Just because something is in the Advancements screen, it does not mean the pet has that skill.

The lore and knowledge screen tells you what the pet has.

Tatos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Typically set 20HPR 8-10 SR and 30MR and always remember to max base damage to 22 in the last round of training before going to finish and 5 slot :)
I need some advice for finishing out my Lesser. I went a little nuts on the 120s, so now I have no path to 1000 HP unless I have less than 700 Strength (not happening) or if I don't max the base damage (also not going to happen).
I'm currently sitting at 900 HP, 301 Str, 364 Mana, 20 HPR, 20 MR, Base Damage 18-25.

So my options are, 975 HP and leave at 20MR....or.....950 HP and boost up to 30MR.

I do have the bonus of having 120 Meditation and 120 Focus...and so far on my training the Mana has held up ok (it drains all the way down at points, but at other points mid-fight it has 100+ mana).

I'm torn, because I feel like I should max out MR, and at the same time I don't like my premier pet having less HP than my next best pet (Cu is at 975). I'm guessing 25 HP difference is really not much of a difference at all, except in my own mind. But perhaps 10 extra MR isn't really that much of a difference as well??

Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks,

Tatos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Typically set 20HPR 8-10 SR and 30MR and always remember to max base damage to 22 in the last round of training before going to finish and 5 slot :)
I currently have this compromise in the Plan, but haven't locked it in yet :

975 HP, 700 STR, 22 Max Base Damage, 24 MR...and I have 6 points left which I'd likely just throw on Mana...(25 MR puts me over...and I'm too OCD to have less than a factor of 25 on HP)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really don't need that many HP I rarely go over 900 HP most I only go 750-850 HP. Running Consume or Empowerment eliminates the need for big HP on Hiryus. 30MR is a must have. Where 1000+ HP is good are your critters with Dragon breath which bases the breath damage on the HP. With a Bushi Hiryu once you hit 120 parry and 120 Bushi you are effectively running a 40% damge reduction pet (The parry %). A large mana pool is nice out the gate to get a lot of AIs, Whirl Winds or AOEs off early. So going with say 800 HP gives you a lot of mana points. Where I do go high HP are on unscrolled or 110 scrolled hiryus. I use a lot of suicide hiryus that are not scrolled or low scrolled with whirlwind and goo and just send them into spawns to do as much damage as they can before they die, high HP works well there. There are some spawns where using suicide pets with high HP that will die and rez a lot are better than using a top shelf pet with all 120s. IE a Paragon Nightmare Fairy comes to mind atm.

Your current pet is good the only thing I see wrong is the MR. My own top tier L Hiryus are usually 875-900 HP 8x120 20/10/30 on regens and I have been going 73 on all resist on most although I still often go all 80s and short cold resist to 45. Max base damage and have been shooting for a mana pool of 500. I have been having a problem with bushi hiryus not using their Bushi very often and not using much mana seems that is about half of them. The other half spam bushi, spec moves or goo and are constantly out of mana.

Here is a trick that you might find useful. Let your pet get beat down to 100 HP and zero mana and time how long it takes for the pet to regen full mana and health. Hide and stealth up to your pet in a heavy spawn where healing or running consume/empower is not practical, mount the pet (You and the pet are now invisible and won't get revealed) Sometimes Goo will keep going off while you are mounted if you have it on the pet, even while mounted and hidden kind of cheezy but fun to sit there hidden watching mobs take goo damage. Wait the time it takes to regen full health and mana on the pet and dismount and the pet is fully healed and at full mana and ready to do a full mana dump on the mobs. Hehe a Liche casting wither can mess this up as it will reveal you but that is about all that can go wrong. Also it is a very good way to keep that top shelf pet from dying and losing skill.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I currently have this compromise in the Plan, but haven't locked it in yet :

975 HP, 700 STR, 22 Max Base Damage, 24 MR...and I have 6 points left which I'd likely just throw on Mana...(25 MR puts me over...and I'm too OCD to have less than a factor of 25 on HP)
You want the 700STR.

There is no reason to go above 800HP on a Lesser unless you have used all the scrolls and max regens,

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Where I do go high HP are on unscrolled or 110 scrolled hiryus. I use a lot of suicide hiryus that are not scrolled or low scrolled with whirlwind and goo and just send them into spawns to do as much damage as they can before they die, high HP works well there. There are some spawns where using suicide pets with high HP that will die and rez a lot are better than using a top shelf pet with all 120s. IE a Paragon Nightmare Fairy comes to mind atm.
Can you explain why you are needing to have "suicide pets" for this?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you explain why you are needing to have "suicide pets" for this?
Have you tried doing a Paragon Nightmare Fairy with only 1-2 other tamers............. The pet dies a lot, I die a lot, everyone dies A lot, we the laugh............... the Nightmare Fairy laughs and we all die a lot more before the fairy dies. Particularly when a room full of paragon liches spawn. Why use a scrolled out pet that you are going to have to waste time training back up to 120s when a unscrolled or low scrolled that you can just keep throwing into to the mess to do as much damage until it dies will work.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have you tried doing a Paragon Nightmare Fairy with only 1-2 other tamers............. The pet dies a lot, I die a lot, everyone dies A lot, we the laugh............... the Nightmare Fairy laughs and we all die a lot more before the fairy dies. Particularly when a room full of paragon liches spawn. Why use a scrolled out pet that you are going to have to waste time training back up to 120s when a unscrolled or low scrolled that you can just keep throwing into to the mess to do as much damage until it dies will work.
Actually Monday and Tuesday night did the paragon nightmare fairy with 2 people (3 total tamers), no weird bugging the mob or anything. Pets barely died (and they only have 600 health). *We* died alot particularly nailing down the strategy the first night, the pets no. Second night only deaths was from explaining the strategy to someone new.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually Monday and Tuesday night did the paragon nightmare fairy with 2 people (3 total tamers), no weird bugging the mob or anything. Pets barely died (and they only have 600 health). *We* died alot particularly nailing down the strategy the first night, the pets no. Second night only deaths was from explaining the strategy to someone new.
The Nightmare Fairy has a quirk. Put one pet on her and she kills it fast. Put two pets or more on her and she does not damage them much. We put 2 fire beetles on her the other day and when they got her stuck in a corner, we went to another area and killed spawn with spells.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not been my experience but I shall leave any further advice to the experts here.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
She could barely dent my fire beetle when I put it on the paragon fairy and he was the only one tanking it.
It only had 95 wrestling at that time, but with 27 damage reduction and 27 DCI from peace songs, I didn't even had to use a single bandage on it.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Nightmare Fairy has a quirk. Put one pet on her and she kills it fast. Put two pets or more on her and she does not damage them much. We put 2 fire beetles on her the other day and when they got her stuck in a corner, we went to another area and killed spawn with spells.
We didn't get the paragon fairy stuck in a corner. So we had to find a way to deal with being calmed and the spawn and keeping the pets alive. Pets tanked and killed the spawn. Two tamers sat around... kind of doing nothing. One vetted when needed. Worked for us. With a larger group 7 or so people, she got stuck in her corner allowing a couple casters to aoe the other half of the room

I will say, I continue to laugh at the people who bring Cus to nightmare fairy.

Oh as for what we used, two fire steeds, one chiv and one ai and fww, and then one Chiv nightmare.