• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido on pets

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys,
does anyone know if bushido on pets does anything except give it access to the whirlwind attack? And does leveling up bushido increase whirlwind damage or reduce the mana cost or something?
So far I havent noticed anything so if anyone knows please clear this up for me/us :)

Thanks in advance,

CK

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Now Metallic WarBird Hiryu has 120 Bushi, Parry, Wrestle, Tactics and Anat and yes the Bushido makes a huge difference. I might be wrong but he parrys about 3X more blows than the Green ThunderChicken without Bushido but 120 Parry. He also does lightning strike quite often and have seen some hits on Miasma that were 175+ when LS goes off. Also does momentum strike and confidence (If you are close occasionally the momentum strik will hit you and make him agro on you. ANd very often on the final blow you hear the thump of a Death Blow. I parked him at Miasma for 6 hours last night and never put a bandage on him.......... Pics are from before he was trained up to 5x Legendary. Best pet build I have done yet. To be fair he was almost a Perfect Hiryu when I tamed him and all his naturally high stats and skills made it points affordable to add so much to him. Any Future pets that I will be training as potential tanks will have Bushido.

metalic warbird.jpg metallic turkey damage.jpg metallic turkey front stats.jpg metallic turkey lore.jpg metallic turkey resist.jpg

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hm ok thanks that sounds pretty neat actually, I'm using it on my life leech whirlwind tsuki and even without parry (not GM wrestling yet) it does a fairly decent job of sampiring through champ spawn, cant wait to see the full potential :)

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been working on a similar hiryu, but just got started. Did you put any regens on this guy?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm ok thanks that sounds pretty neat actually, I'm using it on my life leech whirlwind tsuki and even without parry (not GM wrestling yet) it does a fairly decent job of sampiring through champ spawn, cant wait to see the full potential :)
This is pure speculation but it it does seem that when the special moves go off , the bushi doesn't and when he is using the bushi a lot the spec moves are far and few between. I notice on my Tsuki he uses Bushi very little but there is the constant Life leech going on. So I wonder if that diminishes the use of bushido.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been working on a similar hiryu, but just got started. Did you put any regens on this guy?
Maxxed HP Regen at 20. could have taken him to 1085 HP but figured the HP Regen was worth more than another 85HP. Probably should have used armor ignore instead of bladeweave but occasionally get AI/Whirlwhind/Mortal Strike with the bladeweave... seems 3 specs moves at the cost of one was better IMO. Going to have to cheat him/her of some hp and resist to pull off the power scrolls, damage base, bushi, stam, and HPR ........ we won't talk about the 3 I ruined figuring this build out :)

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This is pure speculation but it it does seem that when the special moves go off , the bushi doesn't and when he is using the bushi a lot the spec moves are far and few between. I notice on my Tsuki he uses Bushi very little but there is the constant Life leech going on. So I wonder if that diminishes the use of bushido.
From my experience this has simply to do with the fact that life leech makes every auto hit and special move that deals damage cost another 5 mana as long as enough mana is available and even with 30 mana regen my pet is constantly on empty and if wrestling is high enough that your pet hits nearly every attack mana never reaches enough total mana again to use bushido moves again because each normal hit costs 5 mana. I'm trying to get my hands on 120 focus + med PS to see if that bit of extra regen will be enough to enable more continuous use of whirlwind. Even with this tho the pet is pretty effective, I was surprised.
I didnt put hp regen on him because the leech is more than enough

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maxxed HP Regen at 20. could have taken him to 1085 HP but figured the HP Regen was worth more than another 85HP. Probably should have used armor ignore instead of bladeweave but occasionally get AI/Whirlwhind/Mortal Strike with the bladeweave... seems 3 specs moves at the cost of one was better IMO. Going to have to cheat him/her of some hp and resist to pull off the power scrolls, damage base, bushi, stam, and HPR ........ we won't talk about the 3 I ruined figuring this build out :)
Thanks
I noticed mostly that you had no MR/SR mentioned. I had put 10 MR on mine, and with playing him to reach level Five, see no need at all to
put more into that as he never falls too far below his 260ish mana. But did put on 10 SR and noticed he almost never went below 150,
where as with no SR he would go below 120 stam from 150 if damaged a little over halfway.

Was thinking that since mana regen from med is bumped from MR, that stamina regen from focus is bumped from SR.
Just putting on the 10 SR was a very noticeable difference. Oh and yes, first thing I did was cap HPR.

The only scroll he is going to 120 is bushido, rest all 110's. Am not a rich woman....hehe

Well, as we speak, am going to put his last points in since he just reached level five. Am holding my breath, as hoping
I learned from trial and error on the other half done pets in my stable and this is my Go To Pet.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
alright he all done now, no looking back

hp 1000
stam 150
mana 276
str 700
dex 150
int 322 (what was born with)

hpr 20 sr 12 mr 10

80-75-70-70-70 resists

24-33 base damage

whirlwind attack
bushido
feint
grasping claw
dismount

120 bushido scroll
110 scrolls in:
resist spells, anatomy, parry, tactics, wrestling

I am broke as hell now and tired of training/experimenting.

Need to go earn gold on this guy now!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
alright he all done now, no looking back

hp 1000
stam 150
mana 276
str 700
dex 150
int 322 (what was born with)

hpr 20 sr 12 mr 10

80-75-70-70-70 resists

24-33 base damage

whirlwind attack
bushido
feint
grasping claw
dismount

120 bushido scroll
110 scrolls in:
resist spells, anatomy, parry, tactics, wrestling

I am broke as hell now and tired of training/experimenting.

Need to go earn gold on this guy now!
The only reason I have so many 120 scrolls is I hoard everything and when scroll binders came out I turned all of my 105, 110, and 1152 in to 120s. I mean hey you might need a hundred 120 wrestling scrolls some day right? LOL. Turns out I did need them someday :) Looks good Only thing I would have done different is a 120 parry. My hope with Metallic Warbird was with the Parry and Bushido that he would not get hit enough to keep his stam down. So far on most things that holds true. For the things that it doesn't hold true I wish I had maxed SR out LOL.

I trained mine up at the fan dancer Dojo just hung out in a room with two fan dancers (they respawn fast) and let him kill, while I stealthed around looting the gold. I did park him with spectral spell binders in new haven and they took him to 100 resisting and 120 parry only took about a hour and a half. Fandancers did Wrestling and anat and Miasma finished off Tactics and Bushi. And banked a lot of gold and a few good items from the fan dancers..... well a hair over 1.6 mil from them anyway. I am weird I keep track of how much gold I make training/farming different things along with how well the gains are from the different things.

I also noticed today and guess I was not seeing it before but he uses evasion A LOT. Once I saw it and started paying attention I saw the grey "Evades" on him very often.

ChelseyEvilElf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason I have so many 120 scrolls is I hoard everything and when scroll binders came out I turned all of my 105, 110, and 1152 in to 120s. I mean hey you might need a hundred 120 wrestling scrolls some day right? LOL. Turns out I did need them someday :) Looks good Only thing I would have done different is a 120 parry. My hope with Metallic Warbird was with the Parry and Bushido that he would not get hit enough to keep his stam down. So far on most things that holds true. For the things that it doesn't hold true I wish I had maxed SR out LOL.

I trained mine up at the fan dancer Dojo just hung out in a room with two fan dancers (they respawn fast) and let him kill, while I stealthed around looting the gold. I did park him with spectral spell binders in new haven and they took him to 100 resisting and 120 parry only took about a hour and a half. Fandancers did Wrestling and anat and Miasma finished off Tactics and Bushi. And banked a lot of gold and a few good items from the fan dancers..... well a hair over 1.6 mil from them anyway. I am weird I keep track of how much gold I make training/farming different things along with how well the gains are from the different things.

I also noticed today and guess I was not seeing it before but he uses evasion A LOT. Once I saw it and started paying attention I saw the grey "Evades" on him very often.
See Im having trouble finding the bushido to add on. Its just simply not there! Also not seeing the moves available that you have. Could u plse explain what Im doing wrong here. This is for my hiryu and no unfortunetly it wasnt a lesser.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See Im having trouble finding the bushido to add on. Its just simply not there! Also not seeing the moves available that you have. Could u plse explain what Im doing wrong here. This is for my hiryu and no unfortunetly it wasnt a lesser.
Was the pet tames pre pub 97?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There in lies the problem, some pre pub Hiryus can add bushido and some can't. Myself and Donavon have done some testing on this and the best we can come up with is it depends on the area the Hiryu was tamed in originally. IE One I tamed right after SE over on the west coast of Isamu got to add Bushi. Another I tamed at around the same time but East of the ISamu moongate could not add bushi. @Donavon can explain it better than I. Anyway the pre pub ones that can't add bushi you can add something like Bladeweave to get what I call Fake Bushido on the pet, it won't use any bushi spells other than the BW move but can go to 120 bushido and parry and get the Bushido/Parry Bonus (No small thing) and have the added bonus of being a tanking Chiv pet. Drawback is it takes forever plus 6 days to raise bushi to 120 this way as the pet only gains in bushi when the spec move under bladeweave triggers. But IMO the Chiv/Bushi by BW/ parry Hiryu is one of if not the most powerful single target pets in the game once fully trained up, not so hot in mobs though as it does not get whirlwind and Enemy of one can get a pet in serious trouble fast in a diverse spawn.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
There in lies the problem, some pre pub Hiryus can add bushido and some can't. Myself and Donavon have done some testing on this and the best we can come up with is it depends on the area the Hiryu was tamed in originally. IE One I tamed right after SE over on the west coast of Isamu got to add Bushi. Another I tamed at around the same time but East of the ISamu moongate could not add bushi. @Donavon can explain it better than I. Anyway the pre pub ones that can't add bushi you can add something like Bladeweave to get what I call Fake Bushido on the pet, it won't use any bushi spells other than the BW move but can go to 120 bushido and parry and get the Bushido/Parry Bonus (No small thing) and have the added bonus of being a tanking Chiv pet. Drawback is it takes forever plus 6 days to raise bushi to 120 this way as the pet only gains in bushi when the spec move under bladeweave triggers. But IMO the Chiv/Bushi by BW/ parry Hiryu is one of if not the most powerful single target pets in the game once fully trained up, not so hot in mobs though as it does not get whirlwind and Enemy of one can get a pet in serious trouble fast in a diverse spawn.
This is awesome info : A super pet that will have Chiv, and BW, that includes AI in its group of moves, plus defensive moves? Plus stacking on top of parry. Interesting combo, but wonder about whether the programming of when these moves is responsive to the particular battle circumstance of whether the BW just spawns random moves? A unique way to add limited bushi moves to a chiv pet?

Thanks

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Any recommendation on how to train Bushi and Chiv appreciated : Any methods to train faster?
Thanks

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
For Bush the slime pits just in the door of Underworld are very effective... for Chiv place your pet on a boat off the coast of haven and collect 3-4 ( no more then 4) to cast on him...and he will use nothing but chiv moves to remove the debuffs... if ya can discord your pet allow it to fall off right before whisper is up ..then redo it ..and you should go from 30 to 120 in less then a days time. . =^-^=

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
For Bush the slime pits just in the door of Underworld are very effective... for Chiv place your pet on a boat off the coast of haven and collect 3-4 ( no more then 4) to cast on him...and he will use nothing but chiv moves to remove the debuffs... if ya can discord your pet allow it to fall off right before whisper is up ..then redo it ..and you should go from 30 to 120 in less then a days time. . =^-^=
Thanks for the info..

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oddly enough even though its a ranged move and fire base.. The game considers it a melee based move.. Wrestle and tactics increase its damage % .. as their skill increases so will the damage of goo. =^-^=

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Oddly enough even though its a ranged move and fire base.. The game considers it a melee based move.. Wrestle and tactics increase its damage % .. as their skill increases so will the damage of goo. =^-^=
Thanks for info..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Generally I typically do:
20 HPR
10 SR
30 MR

Now some don't do stamina but I figure if ever in Fel with Push-through etc.... it probably wouldn't hurt. Never really know what changes might occur and some mobs can rob stamina...

Some say the "magic number for that is 9 but I like even numbers and since most all the moves your pet does require mana... 30 is a given... As for HPR well the less I have to heal and the greater that is the better chance my pet will live longer if I have to deal with other things and can't be there to heal it.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Generally I typically do:
20 HPR
10 SR
30 MR

Now some don't do stamina but I figure if ever in Fel with Push-through etc.... it probably wouldn't hurt. Never really know what changes might occur and some mobs can rob stamina...

Some say the "magic number for that is 9 but I like even numbers and since most all the moves your pet does require mana... 30 is a given... As for HPR well the less I have to heal and the greater that is the better chance my pet will live longer if I have to deal with other things and can't be there to heal it.
10 is good unless you are doing a lot of pet ganking mobs that keep it beat down or really hard hitting bosses that keep it pounded down. If the build is specific for solo on those kinds of critters it is worthwhile to max SR but not a must have :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree but I don't generally do that...

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About bushido could someone explain why I find it on my sabertooth tiger ? It suddenly appeared while training. I thought it was reserved to Tokuno pets !

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About bushido could someone explain why I find it on my sabertooth tiger ? It suddenly appeared while training. I thought it was reserved to Tokuno pets !
Did you add one of the spec moves or abilities that gave it *Fake* bushido?

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have tried the slimes to raise bush i must be doing something wrong no gains at all . Only way i am getting gains is by doing swoops is there any way that is more efficient and faster?

ChelseyEvilElf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So im in the final training and i have the 120 bushido scroll in my pack but cant find it on the menu for scrolls only in the Magical Abilities section. Aren't I suppose to eat the scroll on my pet?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So im in the final training and i have the 120 bushido scroll in my pack but cant find it on the menu for scrolls only in the Magical Abilities section. Aren't I suppose to eat the scroll on my pet?
Bushido is a Magical Ability. If you want to add it, that is the spot.

Paul WKL

Visitor
My Now Metallic WarBird Hiryu has 120 Bushi, Parry, Wrestle, Tactics and Anat and yes the Bushido makes a huge difference. I might be wrong but he parrys about 3X more blows than the Green ThunderChicken without Bushido but 120 Parry. He also does lightning strike quite often and have seen some hits on Miasma that were 175+ when LS goes off. Also does momentum strike and confidence (If you are close occasionally the momentum strik will hit you and make him agro on you. ANd very often on the final blow you hear the thump of a Death Blow. I parked him at Miasma for 6 hours last night and never put a bandage on him.......... Pics are from before he was trained up to 5x Legendary. Best pet build I have done yet. To be fair he was almost a Perfect Hiryu when I tamed him and all his naturally high stats and skills made it points affordable to add so much to him. Any Future pets that I will be training as potential tanks will have Bushido.

View attachment 66521 View attachment 66522 View attachment 66523 View attachment 66524 View attachment 66525

Hi Tyrath, I have a fire steed that I trained with Spellweaving & Bladeweave. SW is going well but for some reason the Bushido/Ninjitsu under Lore & Knowledge is not advancing at all. Would you know the reason? Thanks!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Tyrath, I have a fire steed that I trained with Spellweaving & Bladeweave. SW is going well but for some reason the Bushido/Ninjitsu under Lore & Knowledge is not advancing at all. Would you know the reason? Thanks!
The bushi via BW only goes up when the spec move that uses bushi is used. (Unless they changed that at some point) The ones I tricked bushi on take forever and 3 months worth of sundays to get up. I also have not messed with those in a couple of months now. @Donavon Have they made any changes to how tricked bushi works other than it costing 500 points now?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Goood evening, when it comes to passive skills they still will not gain the main UI of bush , but will still get its passives( extra parry and damage/defense to moves that require its skill)... sadly they gain super slow when used passively... normally have the pet discorded in a small damage heavy spawn area( the acid slime pits in under world) can help push it along... I will log onto test and see if they made any recent changes to orders with fire steeds.. as far I am aware the old order is still holding strong.. hope this helped mate... I will get back to you once I do a few test.. =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
good evening again.. I logged on to test... to check the pets I had already made like yours and made a few steeds to make sure the order had not changed... the main reason its gaining so slow with blade weaving because its very rng, it will only passively gains bush when the dice are rolled and it lands on block, or feint... good news is the old passive order for this pet are still the same.. and are not overwritten by main schools of magic... .. if I can help ya out anymore feel free to message me or post.. =^-^=

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a relatively easy time training bushido by doing champ and minichamp spawns. Plop the pet in the crowd and let it tank.

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So whats the right order of skills to add? Should i add chivalry on for example lesser hiryu and then add BW? Does the bushido do anything else except better parry chance and its influence on skills?

Another question is about making some high mana regen leeching pet. Is there any pet with high passive mana regen that can learn life leech?

Thanks for all the info here guys!!

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi there, when it comes to most pets the order varies abit, as certain pets moves like healing and rage are not counted toward the three move limit... but as a rule of thumb on most pets you always want to add the school of magic last... as if you add it first or 2 it will be counted toward the three move limit and often will reduce the options available for said pet... hope this helped mate.. =^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So whats the right order of skills to add? Should i add chivalry on for example lesser hiryu and then add BW? Does the bushido do anything else except better parry chance and its influence on skills?

Another question is about making some high mana regen leeching pet. Is there any pet with high passive mana regen that can learn life leech?

Thanks for all the info here guys!!
Does Bladeweave require Bush or Ninja? If it does you cant have that and Chiv. I never chose bladeweave because most of the random damage types do nothing useful.

The best pet is a Lesser with AI and Chiv IMO. you can add HPR. You need 120 in any magic skill you want to add.

They stay alive and do not blow thru mana.

ryanouno

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Does Bladeweave require Bush or Ninja? If it does you cant have that and Chiv. I never chose bladeweave because most of the random damage types do nothing useful.

The best pet is a Lesser with AI and Chiv IMO. you can add HPR. You need 120 in any magic skill you want to add.

They stay alive and do not blow thru mana.
This is not an answer to my question because as you can see in older posts here ppl manage to raise passive bushido while having chivalry active and im really curiouse about that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is not an answer to my question because as you can see in older posts here ppl manage to raise passive bushido while having chivalry active and im really curiouse about that.
You said a Lesser Hiryu. They get real Bushido not passive. I still don't think you can give a Lesser Bushido and Chivalry.

If you can you should make one. It would make a great pet.

You would add Bladeweave first. Then see if Chiv is a choice.