• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IDOC monopoly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
PUBLIC WARNING:

This thread has veered far off topic with public accusations, personal swipes and trolling. Moderation staff reviewed posts, performed thread clean up, issued warnings and thread bans.

This is the one fair warning to others that the public accusations in particular need to stop. Discussing in-game mechanics is one thing, but attempting to derail the thread and bringing personal IDOC gripes unto these forums is not going to stand.

If unable to discuss this further in a manner that complies with our Rules of Conduct (here: Rules of Conduct | Stratics Community Forums ), then please refrain from posting any further.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
i kinda like the idea to adjust the way it is

well my ideas would be probably a little extreme but thats another thing

i would do something like the following:

1. know your "idoc" put a "vendor" in the big towns where you can buy runes to the collapsing houses as soon as they enter a idoc period, this starts 3 months after the account is not paid, rune information includes the size of the house and the used storage like 2500/3840
2. idoc itself you will see a burning house during a period of 1 week
3. you go to the door doubleclick it and get a box of random stuff from the house max a few % of the total items in the house, only paid accounts can get a box thats it, 1 time per real life day
4. after the week is over the house collapse to ruins which will stay for a random time, different pattern after each server up, random patterns to make it harder to script, best would be something which cannot be actively targetet. -> no "itemID" no script check (i think)

this means the whole stuff is accessable for everyone anytime easyly, and every paid account can have a chance to get a possible 10plat item no matter if you script or not

i understand this would piss off idoc guys but well thats another story.
yes iam aware that this would be a huge efford to code.

a more quick and dirty solution would be a shard IDOC warehouse where you can buy tickets per paid account, like 1m per ticket max 10 per account per month then get a random box. or make it as gifts, iam sure a random item per real day per active account per shard would be also ok.
I love this idea and I do idocs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you really think that a company should Spend ressources for storing stuff of Former customer who no longer pay and left their **** to Fall on the ground and let everyone else pay for those ressources in the long run you better never start a business.
This is a business decision that OSI/EA/BS all have had to make over the years. The game is 20 years old and we have heard multiple times how difficult it is for their developers and engineers to make changes, but your argument doesn't hold water anymore. It would cost them resources to implement such a solution, but the actual cost to store those resources should be negligible. Those resources don't even need to be part of the hot backups - they won't change until a player reactivates their account and could go to an archive.

However, I think they like what IDOCs bring to the game. A lot of items that are hard to find sit in houses and never get touched. When an IDOC happens players have an opportunity to put those items directly into the market.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think EJ is bringing a good change that could affect IDOCers. Move all the stuff in these houses to a auction block and let people storage wars it out.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great suggestion, There is many different ways to place Houses, But We came into a point of humanity that everybody want everything on their hand...no one work hard or do research, gime a break, they want free this, free that, Devs give me this, give me that, this is to hard, give me an easier way.... If you want to do something and become good at, go study... so yes, ADAPT yourself, when come to places Castles for example, the Zoom Option will turn the Castle "view size" smaller than a 1818, That is why it is so easy to place castles on EC........GOD.... I am sharing too much already....

I'm starting to get it now, thank you very much. Most of the high value castle and Luna plots go to same address largely thanks to arcane secrets such as knowledge that EC has a zoom function. Small wonder you get everything you show up in.. Who else amongst us worms could possess this wealth of knowhow? Hell, even now knowing there is a zoom function I surely couldn't wrap my mind around using it. oO I bet I need to play UO for another 15 years to figure out how to operate it.

@GarthGrey I'm starting to get the joke too : D

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what I have learned from this thread is....... He or she with the fastest connection, with the best macro set up on a loop wins and winning is important because real cash is the grand prize.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what I have learned from this thread is....... He or she with the fastest connection, with the best macro set up on a loop wins and winning is important because real cash is the grand prize.
I thought Zoom Mastery was the key

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Lady Michelle Great suggestion, There is many different ways to place Houses, But We came into a point of humanity that everybody want everything on their hand...no one work hard or do research, gime a break, they want free this, free that, Devs give me this, give me that, this is to hard, give me an easier way.... If you want to do something and become good at, go study... I hate, hate, hate EC client, is ugly, but the inside tools are Godly Amazing, best way to find anything in the house, containers, organize and the macros are amazing and LEGAL... so yes, ADAPT yourself, when come to places Castles for example, the Zoom Option will turn the Castle "view size" smaller than a 1818, That is why it is so easy to place castles on EC........GOD.... I am sharing too much already....
I never tried placing at a idoc castle or keep spot. My old guild mates we build ours up from the ground up by finding places where castles fit in buying or waiting for houses to fall. when a house fell i would place, and give the other house away. lol would of been nice to have the ec client back then

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think EJ is bringing a good change that could affect IDOCers. Move all the stuff in these houses to a auction block and let people storage wars it out.
storage wars in one of my favorite shows

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the plot is on atl and its luna, zento, or a castle there is basically no reason for the average player to even try to place. Trust me when i say he is absolutely using methods that are not necessarily legal. Its laughable that @Mesanna has not done anything about this person.

Its a very easy fix that the devs and mesanna have refused to do anything about for a long time.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can even Ask @Scribbles I showed him in A spot he owned and I owned and sold my plot to him a castle would fit when his Guild leader Obsidian Knight told him I was lying. Guess what he tried it & castle went down.
I have helped AR place houses, I have placed houses for friends Had friend place for me ... AR has placed houses for me. We all want to make Gold in this game its what it all comes down too. I remember My newb days killing harpies for feathers to sell. So much more gold to be made sitting at an idoc So I found Idocing more fun.

Oh I remember the days of the free 15 day trial accounts from Gamestop. Just create a email account & Boom free account placer ... not many people knew of this back then How I have over 70 accounts... LOL would been more but some I never wrote down to save.

its stuff like that, That puts What I call Hardcore idocer above & beyond just the normal player. Learning the tricks of the trade. When sitting at these idocs look to make friends not enemies... Its surprising how much better honey is than Vinegar
the old free placer accounts were awesome...ohhh back in the day when Idocs were fun and on a level playing field

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive said before to put a timer / countdown on house sign , wouldnt fix but would help

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A real solution to this is to stop all house decay... (waits for the jaws to get picked up and the naysayers to settle down).

What can and should happen is when a players house goes to the 91st day it enters decay but on the sign only..
A notice that the player has a set amount of hours to claim said house.
At the end of this timer house goes into a state of OSI owned and a stone for bidding pops up on the stairs of the house.
For 7 days that sign/stone excepts bids on contents and house.
Any one can bid..
Now For the Fair point.. all items will go in a storage box located in the house so no peeking!

This has been an issue with the system now..
Even locked out players have been gaining access to the houses and using plotting programs to shuffle up their items before they have the change to hit the ground.
YES it will be a big pig in a poke for bidders...
The first few will be the hardest for players to except this but I think the Fairness outweighs the bickering over who placed what..
Now mind you for those saying the rich guys will buy them all....
Some are just gunna be empty houses with junk.. and there will be some that they will pass on.
If its a big enough draw the amount they spend will be that big gold sink you all been yelling about.
So this would be a win win in a way.
Think about it... you want that castle spot ... buy it.
Why sit for hours you could be having fun or sleeping...
Just a common sense idea that has merit.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A real solution to this is to stop all house decay... (waits for the jaws to get picked up and the naysayers to settle down).

What can and should happen is when a players house goes to the 91st day it enters decay but on the sign only..
A notice that the player has a set amount of hours to claim said house.
At the end of this timer house goes into a state of OSI owned and a stone for bidding pops up on the stairs of the house.
For 7 days that sign/stone excepts bids on contents and house.
Any one can bid..
Now For the Fair point.. all items will go in a storage box located in the house so no peeking!

This has been an issue with the system now..
Even locked out players have been gaining access to the houses and using plotting programs to shuffle up their items before they have the change to hit the ground.
YES it will be a big pig in a poke for bidders...
The first few will be the hardest for players to except this but I think the Fairness outweighs the bickering over who placed what..
Now mind you for those saying the rich guys will buy them all....
Some are just gunna be empty houses with junk.. and there will be some that they will pass on.
If its a big enough draw the amount they spend will be that big gold sink you all been yelling about.
So this would be a win win in a way.
Think about it... you want that castle spot ... buy it.
Why sit for hours you could be having fun or sleeping...
Just a common sense idea that has merit.
absolutely agree except i would leave fel idocs alone. This and champ spawns are pretty much the only pvp left that has a purpose.

malas, tram, japan islands and ter mur would be a whole lot of fun as an auction style format. and a major gold sink.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
If you really think that a company should Spend ressources for storing stuff of Former customer who no longer pay and left their **** to Fall on the ground and let everyone else pay for those ressources in the long run you better never start a business.
Yes because many vets do in fact return. Losing years worth of stuff is brutal. I lost 8 years worth of stuff due to an account glitch...during the EA migration. Made me not want to play UO for many years after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I always move my stuff to the bank if I take a break, but I think @Lore's point is that in other games both free and subscription, if you stop playing your home doesn't just fall down and take your stuff with it. Some games you pay rent and if you don't play for a while you just pay your rent when you log back in. Other games you don't even pay rent, you just buy your own little area and it's still there when you come back. Some of those games have storage in your house/room and others are just for decorating.
I usually move important stuff to the bank but in some games like Everquest 2 where you have multiple homes and a large guild hall it's not necessary.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tell me one game with compareabl housing. I know not 1
Now you're just throwing points out to argue. Yes, UO has housing. No, it's not Unique. FFXIV has housing. UO is older and has a higher cost. But I'm not going to argue and nitpick every point from every side.

UO costs a lot for a MMO, let alone a 90s MMO that hasn't been pushed forward enough to be considered current. It also requires too much time to get anywhere in the game compared to current games. Obviously we all love UO, but you argued people shouldn't expect their stuff when they stop playing, but other MMOs do keep the stuff.

You then argued that people shouldn't expect things for free... UO isn't free. It's a very expensive subscription MMO.

Now you're arguing there is housing... other MMOs have housing...

What next?

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
UO costs a lot for a MMO, let alone a 90s MMO that hasn't been pushed forward enough to be considered current.
The game is 20 years Old, so I assume you are over 30+ year Old, and If you think that $12 a month is a LOT of money to play a video game, than you should stop and think on what you are doing wrong...
I already said this million of times, UO will never bring "new players" PERIOD, the game is to complicated and most the people that quit, few months later come back, we all did and we all came back, UO is part of us, the new "EJ" is focused on bring the old players back and hope that down the line they will either pay the subscription or buy a lot of stuff at the ingame store!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Idocs use to be a lot of fun and had a wonderful fun community around them. The lore and respect in that community was something special.

*taps his pipe on the bottom of his boot and slips it back into the pocket of his cloak. Picking up his staff and heavy satchel of old books, he heads out the door of the tavern and into the countryside*

Time to find some more ingredients

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thread has once again veered off topic with public accusations, personal swipes and trolling. Clean up has been done again and it's time to lock this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.