• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IDOC monopoly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every single high value castle or Luna spot that falls typically goes to one and the same macroer. He has what sometimes appears a monopoly to high value plots.

Please remember to sell or give your high value house away before quitting UO. Or just take it down before you go, leaving it for the first lucky guy running by.

Please remember to speak of this to your friends who own high value homes or castles and are about to quit UO.

Don't support the obscene macro constructs that enable him. Don't be part of enabling a monopoly in the field where no one person should be able to dominate. It is clear Broadsword isn't doing anything to him, is up to the community.

Please remember to sell or give your high value house away before quitting UO. Please remember to encourage your friends to do so when they are quitting.

Last edited:

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
That's a lovely thought, Flagg. My friend, Lava, had lost his houses and possessions in the IDOC mess last night. He had no choice in his quitting UO, therefor he didn't have a chance to remove his items and bank them before he was unable to resub his accounts. He didn't know he wouldn't be returning. Every effort was made to help by offering to paid a month to bank his items before collapse, but when he had to pawn his laptop to buy food, he forgot to write down his log in information to give to me then he was unable to pay for his mobile phone and I lost contact with him on ICQ 4 weeks ago.
Sometimes, things happen beyond players circumstances and I am sure my friend would have rather not of donated any of his hard earned game items to the IDOC vultures regardless of who they are.
I'm not sure posts like this are very helpful, but maybe I am over sensitive right now watching my in game friend disappear without a trace.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear what happened to your friend.

And aye, certainly. UO has already lived one quarter of life of somebody expected to last til 80 years. Great deal of both good and bad typically fits within the notable amount of years typical player caring of UO in 2017 has spend active within the game. No doubt a great deal of high level houses(or houses in general) fall due to a tragedy, health issues or even something more final. Certainly nothing can be done in cases where worrying of a video game house is least of the worries of the person involved anyway.

Sometimes, when we speak of more mundane things like somebody just stopping caring of UO, it could be prevented though. And should be.

Last edited:

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I would love to have the Dev team or whomever take scripters and macroing seriously. After 20 years, I think its a dead issue with them. :bdh:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would love for the "macroer" to pop in this thread and do that ridiculous explanation of how he does it all legally. I love those conversations and have a great hearty laugh every time someone uses it. I'm guessing he won't though.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Iam Not an idocer... BUT

The reason your Friend lost His stuff is very sad but has nothing to do with the fact that also in this part of the game people use all what's available to get a house.

I find it very nice that you helped out as as good as possible and iam sure lots of us would try to safe a friends stuff.

However. He was not forced to stop playing. He made a choice. "real life first"
Which is what every sane person would do when the last dollar needs to be squeezed out in order to get food/shelter or basically survive.
If he wanted to safe the stuff for comeback he would have done it. It takes 5 minutes to send an ICQ or email with account and mythic login. That's all needed to go on with subscription.

So much I would like a game free of all those stuff it will never happen and you simply can't blame people who use those possible "applications" for the bad in the world.

That said I like the note of the OP. That's what I did when I left 2004. Gave my house and stuff and accounts to friends. Guess what. I got accounts some good and some items back when came back 10 years later..

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just dont buy a house from you know who....let him pay and pay for the over valued script placed plots by the dozens....there plenty other normal folks selling....its the only way if the DEVS refuse to come look at his Idoc scripts and simply ban him

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ Wouldn't it be great if this worked? If script won home is sold for a cheap enough price, it will find it's buyer.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not really player power can win over the cheaters....just look what happend to Idxc guy... he had to change is name...man..because he got such a bad rep.... if nobody bought from this other guy... the players win

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to be able to believe in this. It's just that...well, eventually, buyer is always found if the price is right I'm sure. If you run around with toolkits that enable you to win every high value spot out there, you can easily feel you have the luxury to set the prices right. You always find somebody who wants the house badly enough..or doesn't know/care how the seller got it.

Furthermore, If you got 30 different accounts, something like a bad name, reputation become easily disposable things anyway. New ICQ, new stratics username, new contact info in house sign and there we go again. You can have as many names and identities as you bother in Internet.

It'd be perfectly beneficial for the person in question to cycle his identities more..it's just that he has noticed he can get away with what he does. Everybody knowing it is always him isn't enough to get him in trouble, hubris fuels him.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WELL better still get players to page on him... by the bucket full... it obvious hes running multi account scripts at each high level Idoc... surely some DEV will turn up and at least close the 6- 7 scripting accounts he as there...othe than that ksara... hes won UO !!! and we can do jack **** about it

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
form what i know you dont need any fancy script to place a house. i think even Assist can do that recorded so you just have to press a button, iam also quite sure you can makro this legally with EC

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Some people asked me to come here and share a little of the Secrets in House Placements!
*WARNING - this may cause some confusion or Troubles or Madness or whatever and I will suggest the Mods to look close, as personal attacks will be reported.

Yes, this week was crazy, with the House Server coming back ON, most of us already knew that would be 30-50 Idocs per shards, therefore many Lunas and castles and ofc those are the times that Idocer's will be there for sure, specially The High End Houses Value.

But lets talk about House placing.... Many many many, Countless times, I was paged for House plcmt... people page on Me, people page on Vladimir and many others that I will keep their names of the list...but anyway, of those many times that people page and a GM showed up, He ask me If he can talk to me and 100% of the time I am there available and He explained the reason of the Page and He instant realize that I am using a PINCOS UI with a LEGAL MODIFIED MACRO to place and repeat the command. REMEMBER, EC Clients have BY FAR more "TOOLS" than the CC, SPECIALLY MACROING and ALL THOSE MACROS are LEGAL....AGAIN, ALLL THOSE MACROS ON EC ARE LEGAL, Please go learn (Study) about the Huge difference between the Clients and How to LEGAL MODIFY Macros with PINCOS UI.

Now the second secret that I want to share and explain because clearly people dont understand!!
Lets explain this very slowly:

Normal Players have 1 or 2 accounts only, therefore they have 2 chances to place a house before they Burn their House Plcmt Tool.

a person like me that own 20+ accounts, will have by far more chances to run Multiple accounts and pfc have a lot more chances.

Preparation: a High Value House require preparation, The Houses take normally 5 days from SW to Idoc and collapse, so, you have a lot of time to prepare yourself, bring accounts couple days before, make sure you have the gold on the account, the tool, measure space and so on....

so my point is, a lot of people think is Not Fair, But you will have to explain me Why, I pay for over 40 accounts the Same way you do, I buy all my Game Time Codes on Origin, same way as everybody does, so I have a lot more chances than those that pay for 1 account.

I love, LOVE when UO make a MANDATORY Patch and break that "3rd part software" and I can come to any idoc and still place the houses to prove to anyone, as I dont use them, I love PINCOS for House Placement and I will never change.... Now on the side Note, You need a BEAST, BEAST Machine toi run 6+ EC's and couple laptops, but My Point is , EC MACROS ARE BY far BETTER then CC and It is LEGAL.... so Many people asked , Why I am not Banned from doing this for years, SIMPLE, I use EC Clients to place and IT IS LEGAL!!!.

I hope this can Help you!!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Macroing is ok just unattending isn't ok.
house placers have this advantage over most using this so Im going to share this.
remember this is not illegal to do unless your unattending and using a script.
it is very easy to set up a house placing macro with uoassist
go to uoassist
tab macros pick a # like #3
hit record click on the housing tool choose your plot maybe a 13 by 13 click on that don't close out the plot just stop recording the macro
then go to the key tab
scroll down to play macro 3
set up the hot key f3 click on pass it to uo.
long as nothing else is set up on f3 when you click on f3 the 13 by 13 plot will come up. no more having to click on the housing tool and clicking to the plot you want.to use.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
@Lady Michelle Great suggestion, There is many different ways to place Houses, But We came into a point of humanity that everybody want everything on their hand...no one work hard or do research, gime a break, they want free this, free that, Devs give me this, give me that, this is to hard, give me an easier way.... If you want to do something and become good at, go study... I hate, hate, hate EC client, is ugly, but the inside tools are Godly Amazing, best way to find anything in the house, containers, organize and the macros are amazing and LEGAL... so yes, ADAPT yourself, when come to places Castles for example, the Zoom Option will turn the Castle "view size" smaller than a 1818, That is why it is so easy to place castles on EC........GOD.... I am sharing too much already....

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
That's a lovely thought, Flagg. My friend, Lava, had lost his houses and possessions in the IDOC mess last night. He had no choice in his quitting UO, therefor he didn't have a chance to remove his items and bank them before he was unable to resub his accounts. He didn't know he wouldn't be returning. Every effort was made to help by offering to paid a month to bank his items before collapse, but when he had to pawn his laptop to buy food, he forgot to write down his log in information to give to me then he was unable to pay for his mobile phone and I lost contact with him on ICQ 4 weeks ago.
Sometimes, things happen beyond players circumstances and I am sure my friend would have rather not of donated any of his hard earned game items to the IDOC vultures regardless of who they are.
I'm not sure posts like this are very helpful, but maybe I am over sensitive right now watching my in game friend disappear without a trace.
Another clear example of "Preparation"

Many people here know I live in Florida, I had my sit reserved for the 20th anniversary and I had to cancel because the Hurricane Irma.
This is another example why you have to prepare ahead of time, I knew Irma was coming, I knew would be a Bad Storm, so I prepaid All my accounts, so I would have at least a 6 months+ in case something was really bad.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Macroing is ok just unattending isn't ok.
house placers have this advantage over most using this so Im going to share this.
remember this is not illegal to do unless your unattending and using a script.
it is very easy to set up a house placing macro with uoassist
go to uoassist
tab macros pick a # like #3
hit record click on the housing tool choose your plot maybe a 13 by 13 click on that don't close out the plot just stop recording the macro
then go to the key tab
scroll down to play macro 3
set up the hot key f3 click on pass it to uo.
long as nothing else is set up on f3 when you click on f3 the 13 by 13 plot will come up. no more having to click on the housing tool and clicking to the plot you want.to use.

This is valuable advice for sure. And I'm quite sure it also is a line of thinking a great deal of would be placers always have when something very desirable drops. I'd be extremely surprised to learn most people giving a serious effort wouldn't use careful planning in some shape or another.UOA macros, EC stuff, Think it over, make calculations and estimations. Bring multiple characters.And so forth. I'm sure not many, if anyone besides him bring 20 characters there or something equally crazy. Still, carpet bombing of clicks taking place more or less every single second from multiple sources by multiple different players must amount to a huge amount.

And yet, one and the same guy still scores most of the ones he attends. On every server. Ah well. I guess he is just very lucky!

It makes 100% sense from him to paint a picture where he is the sole person who tries very hard, is the sole legitimately proficient person around and wasn't born yesterday. Surely this explains the notable success rate, right? Surely everybody else there placing castle is some 3 month old account figuring the house placement tool out and making occasional clicks while pointing a nearby tree or something. Game is 20 years of age. Only old fishes in the water. Most people out there who get serious about wanting to place a castle began doing their homework long time back.

And yet, one and the same guy still scores most of the ones he attends. On every server. Ah well. I guess he is just very lucky!

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
setting one touch button macro....ksara... its the AFK loop bit i dont like.....soory no hard feeling but u must sleep too

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmm... Just because you're right and just because it's okay doesn't make it fun for everyone else. If you know you're taking the fun out of something at such a large level and for so long, maybe it's time to share.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
iam actually waiting till the mods give out some freebie: like warnings for some sort of acusations that AR is a cheater.

and before people start: no iam not working for BS or AR or whatever.

all i know is that i bought the zento house for a fair price, its not the first house i bought from him and i would do it again never had issues.
but what i see here is going in a direction which i dont like. all you guys bring up here are acusations what he "is doing" i havent seen a single bit of proof.

Rafman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idocs = worth a lot of gold
Players who want to make gold and dedicate time & energy to becoming really good = they win at IDOCS. Repeatedly.

It's been that way for years. The player you're (probably) referring to does idocs and is good at them. Others have done idocs as good/better than him and won more often than him at them in the past.
But yes - IDOCS are often won by a select group of players who are "good" at them. This is true today in 2017. This was true in 2015. In 2010. In 2005. It has always been the case.

You know what? PVP is like that too. Go duel someone who is good at pvp. In 100 straight duels - you're likely going to win 0 times. Duel not your thing? Ok, group fight. Set up a group fight of 5vs5 players against 5 really good players. They'll beat you 100 times out of 100. They'll probably beat you in a 5vs10 too if you're average to below average at PVP.

This is an MMORPG. Key words MM. Massive Multi players. You don't play alone, you play with others. There is competition. In certain aspects of the game highly in demand/competition (ie IDOCS, or PVP) some players will spend extra time & effort to become the absolute best at them possible. And odds are they'll win all the time, or at least very often as a result.

If you don't like - stick to other aspects of the game that rely less on competition. Go PVM. Go join a fun guild. Go decorate houses, be a crafter, explore, roleplay, etc. The possibilities are endless. UO is a very fun game.

Upset that a player is better than you at a specific aspect of the game? Care enough to ensure you become better at him and start beating him at that aspect? Great. Learn the system, learn how to win the system, become good at it, and I guarantee you you'll have success. Odds are you won't want to bother with it though.

Finally - yes, there are players who cheat at certain aspects of the game. Idocs, pvp, other aspects. But not everyone cheats. And too often people who lose point the fingers to those who win and say "cheater!". Majority of the time - you are wrong, they're just better/smarter at that aspect of the game than you are.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm... Just because you're right and just because it's okay doesn't make it fun for everyone else. If you know you're taking the fun out of something at such a large level and for so long, maybe it's time to share.
So he (or she) puts in the work and effort to be very good at what he (or she) does and you feel that others should get it without doing the work? That seems odd to me.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems everyone is overlooking the most obvious issue of the IDOC scripting. The unattended part is the auto searching done by bot scripts that not only find the idocs but also give the idocer a specific time when itll change from one stage to the next as well as when the 5, 10, 15 hour mark is. That's where the huge advantage is for those people. If they made the dropping of the house random like the placing of the house, you wouldn't see the monopoly by the scripters. This nonsense of setting a macro to place a house is just overshadowing the real issue. Fix IDOC's so that scripters cant get times by making it random and shorten the time of the IDOC stage to 6 hours.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i kinda like the idea to adjust the way it is

well my ideas would be probably a little extreme but thats another thing

i would do something like the following:

1. know your "idoc" put a "vendor" in the big towns where you can buy runes to the collapsing houses as soon as they enter a idoc period, this starts 3 months after the account is not paid, rune information includes the size of the house and the used storage like 2500/3840
2. idoc itself you will see a burning house during a period of 1 week
3. you go to the door doubleclick it and get a box of random stuff from the house max a few % of the total items in the house, only paid accounts can get a box thats it, 1 time per real life day
4. after the week is over the house collapse to ruins which will stay for a random time, different pattern after each server up, random patterns to make it harder to script, best would be something which cannot be actively targetet. -> no "itemID" no script check (i think)

this means the whole stuff is accessable for everyone anytime easyly, and every paid account can have a chance to get a possible 10plat item no matter if you script or not

i understand this would piss off idoc guys but well thats another story.
yes iam aware that this would be a huge efford to code.

a more quick and dirty solution would be a shard IDOC warehouse where you can buy tickets per paid account, like 1m per ticket max 10 per account per month then get a random box. or make it as gifts, iam sure a random item per real day per active account per shard would be also ok.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So he (or she) puts in the work and effort to be very good at what he (or she) does and you feel that others should get it without doing the work? That seems odd to me.
Not at all, but I share the things I'm good at. It's a good value to have. In youth sports you'll often see coaches try to impart this wisdom on their children that may be dominating in a game. I just tried to share that value with adults that may have missed it.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man some of yall are sooo bitter. There is a million things to do in UO! U dont HAVE to do idocs to have fun! If ur at an idoc ur just as greedy as the rest of us be real. Idocinf is an in game profession, and those of us who are good at it and have done it for 15+ years arent there to have fun or share. Thats what we do in UO. Some do bods, some build suits, farm resources, pvp, we idoc. So dont come here accusing us of monopolizing a profession just because we are good at our selected profession and have spent thousands of hours doing it. Find something else to have fun in this game! Mesanna already screwed us with 5/10/15 hr drop times and yesterday 9 out of 11 fell at 15 hr when i had to sleep and go to work. Missed out on billions. Im not complaining at my competition that scored huge, cuz thats part of the game. Nuff said, here’s some tissues for u.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
all I can say is there are cheaters when it comes to idocs, there will continue to be cheaters. I'm not going to say what they are doing and no names. the devs know about most of the cheating but do nothing or say they cant prove it. if someone can get a very high percentage of house placements, there is a problem whether u are cheating or not. I'm am amazed how long this has been going on.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not bitter. LOL I barely even play the game. I'll be lucky to see a plat ever... I regularly leave and come back. I'm just putting in my two cents for the little it's worth. Your "Profession" in UO makes the game less for others. That would be enough for most people to maybe relax and not have 40 accounts to do it with and maybe spend a little time doing something else themselves. Spread it around a little... But as said... it's just greed.

I'm not good at analogies but it's like seeing all the single children afraid to share their toys because they don't understand how to play with others.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i kinda like the idea to adjust the way it is

well my ideas would be probably a little extreme but thats another thing

i would do something like the following:

1. know your "idoc" put a "vendor" in the big towns where you can buy runes to the collapsing houses as soon as they enter a idoc period, this starts 3 months after the account is not paid, rune information includes the size of the house and the used storage like 2500/3840
2. idoc itself you will see a burning house during a period of 1 week
3. you go to the door doubleclick it and get a box of random stuff from the house max a few % of the total items in the house, only paid accounts can get a box thats it, 1 time per real life day
4. after the week is over the house collapse to ruins which will stay for a random time, different pattern after each server up, random patterns to make it harder to script, best would be something which cannot be actively targetet. -> no "itemID" no script check (i think)

this means the whole stuff is accessable for everyone anytime easyly, and every paid account can have a chance to get a possible 10plat item no matter if you script or not

i understand this would piss off idoc guys but well thats another story.
yes iam aware that this would be a huge efford to code.

a more quick and dirty solution would be a shard IDOC warehouse where you can buy tickets per paid account, like 1m per ticket max 10 per account per month then get a random box. or make it as gifts, iam sure a random item per real day per active account per shard would be also ok.
there is a problem with #3 it should be doubleclick the housesign could be a customized house with no door, private houses can't click on the door.
bad thing about this idea is the idocers that have over 20 active accounts will get most of the stuff

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not bitter. LOL I barely even play the game. I'll be lucky to see a plat ever... I regularly leave and come back. I'm just putting in my two cents for the little it's worth. Your "Profession" in UO makes the game less for others. That would be enough for most people to maybe relax and not have 40 accounts to do it with and maybe spend a little time doing something else themselves. Spread it around a little... But as said... it's just greed.

I'm not good at analogies but it's like seeing all the single children afraid to share their toys because they don't understand how to play with others.
U forget and no one seems to realize. U may have one acct and spend 10 bucks a month. If i had 40 which i dont thats 400 of my own cash i soend a month. Why shouldnt i have an advantage over u? Its like the lottery u buy one ticket i buy 100 thays jot an unfair advantage. i spent more at the chance of winnning then u do, statistaclly i should have a better chance then u

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Instead of IDOC items should be stored permanently for the account holder's return. House spot randomly opens instead of IDOC. Think of vets who spend years playing and lose all through no fault of their own...account snafu, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
there is a problem with #3 it should be doubleclick the housesign could be a customized house with no door, private houses can't click on the door.
bad thing about this idea is the idocers that have over 20 active accounts will get most of the stuff
Well then click the Sign.

Well so how are you complaining that Other playing customer which generate more rwnenvue get more? Gimme a Break...

After the disaster with the free castle and clops Luna this ist a Point i insist on.

I pay 5 Accounts. Why shoul i have only 1 chance Like the Guy who pay one?

No one Stop you from having 1000 Accounts.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well then click the Sign.

Well so how are you complaining that Other playing customer which generate more rwnenvue get more? Gimme a Break...

After the disaster with the free castle and clops Luna this ist a Point i insist on.

I pay 5 Accounts. Why shoul i have only 1 chance Like the Guy who pay one?

No one Stop you from having 1000 Accounts.

Don't you feel you kinda already are getting your money's worth? Running even two accounts as opposed to one gives huge measure of varied every day benefits over person paying for just one.
Do you feel players with multiple accounts should have some sort of a consistent by- default handicap in every single twist and turn there is? If f you need notable handicap in an obscure and unlikely lottery in order to feel you get your money's worth of benefit from your additional accounts, then for the love of ged keep dropping 'em inactive til you feel at peace.

Sometimes devs want to give and share something for the community in a setting that is fair for everybody. Regardless of how much people have spend $$$$ for advantages. Certainly it feels like a great and..fitting idea in a situation where one ******* did significant damage to the game and community as a collective. Devs strive to give all of their players an equal opportunity to win at something. You call it a disaster. Cool.

In almost every single multiplayer PC game ever, community as a whole meets Pay2Win with varying degrees of anger.

Why stop with video games?
I've made significant contributions in time and money alike to get the local small time amateur hockey team, alongside some assorted junior aspects, up and running. Majority of people I play with enjoy it well enough but weren't there getting rink, licensing and assorted machinery bought. I have paid much more than most for my fun and games. I want better change at winning and scoring! Why should I have only 1 shot like the guy who just shows up to play with me????it'd be only fair that me and my son get advantages since I chose to pay more.

Last edited:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some people asked me to come here and share a little of the Secrets in House Placements!
*WARNING - this may cause some confusion or Troubles or Madness or whatever and I will suggest the Mods to look close, as personal attacks will be reported.

Yes, this week was crazy, with the House Server coming back ON, most of us already knew that would be 30-50 Idocs per shards, therefore many Lunas and castles and ofc those are the times that Idocer's will be there for sure, specially The High End Houses Value.

But lets talk about House placing.... Many many many, Countless times, I was paged for House plcmt... people page on Me, people page on Vladimir and many others that I will keep their names of the list...but anyway, of those many times that people page and a GM showed up, He ask me If he can talk to me and 100% of the time I am there available and He explained the reason of the Page and He instant realize that I am using a PINCOS UI with a LEGAL MODIFIED MACRO to place and repeat the command. REMEMBER, EC Clients have BY FAR more "TOOLS" than the CC, SPECIALLY MACROING and ALL THOSE MACROS are LEGAL....AGAIN, ALLL THOSE MACROS ON EC ARE LEGAL, Please go learn (Study) about the Huge difference between the Clients and How to LEGAL MODIFY Macros with PINCOS UI.

Now the second secret that I want to share and explain because clearly people dont understand!!
Lets explain this very slowly:

Normal Players have 1 or 2 accounts only, therefore they have 2 chances to place a house before they Burn their House Plcmt Tool.

a person like me that own 20+ accounts, will have by far more chances to run Multiple accounts and pfc have a lot more chances.

Preparation: a High Value House require preparation, The Houses take normally 5 days from SW to Idoc and collapse, so, you have a lot of time to prepare yourself, bring accounts couple days before, make sure you have the gold on the account, the tool, measure space and so on....

so my point is, a lot of people think is Not Fair, But you will have to explain me Why, I pay for over 40 accounts the Same way you do, I buy all my Game Time Codes on Origin, same way as everybody does, so I have a lot more chances than those that pay for 1 account.

I love, LOVE when UO make a MANDATORY Patch and break that "3rd part software" and I can come to any idoc and still place the houses to prove to anyone, as I dont use them, I love PINCOS for House Placement and I will never change.... Now on the side Note, You need a BEAST, BEAST Machine toi run 6+ EC's and couple laptops, but My Point is , EC MACROS ARE BY far BETTER then CC and It is LEGAL.... so Many people asked , Why I am not Banned from doing this for years, SIMPLE, I use EC Clients to place and IT IS LEGAL!!!.

I hope this can Help you!!
I know who you play with, and I know where they get their codes. Those people I am speaking about were part of the reason I left the game this time around. You want to pull the wool over someone's eyes, feel free, but don't think for a minute that others aren't allowed to reply with their thoughts or concerns.

Off the cuff, explain why all your house placers aren't named AR? Instead you name them all common so people won't recognize you at the IDOCs. Nothing funny about that eh?

BTW, baiting people in an effort to get them banned is a form of trolling. Since you made a conscious effort to step up and post in an anonymous thread, you open yourself up to criticism...like it or not.

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Instead of IDOC items should be stored permanently for the account holder's return. House spot randomly opens instead of IDOC. Think of vets who spend years playing and lose all through no fault of their own...account snafu, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you really think that a company should Spend ressources for storing stuff of Former customer who no longer pay and left their **** to Fall on the ground and let everyone else pay for those ressources in the long run you better never start a business.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't you feel you kinda already are getting your money's worth? Running even two accounts as opposed to one gives huge measure of varied every day benefits over person paying for just one.
Do you feel players with multiple accounts should have some sort of a consistent by- default handicap in every single twist and turn there is? If f you need notable handicap in an obscure and unlikely lottery in order to feel you get your money's worth of benefit from your additional accounts, then for the love of ged keep dropping 'em inactive til you feel at peace.

Sometimes devs want to give and share something for the community in a setting that is fair for everybody. Regardless of how much people have spend $$$$ for advantages. Certainly it feels like a great and..fitting idea in a situation where one ******* did significant damage to the game and community as a collective. Devs strive to give all of their players an equal opportunity to win at something. You call it a disaster. Cool.

In almost every single multiplayer PC game ever, community as a whole meets Pay2Win with varying degrees of anger.

Why stop with video games?
I've made significant contributions in time and money alike to get the local small time amateur hockey team, alongside some assorted junior aspects, up and running. Majority of people I play with enjoy it well enough but weren't there getting rink, licensing and assorted machinery bought. I have paid much more than most for my fun and games. I want better change at winning and scoring! Why should I have only 1 shot like the guy who just shows up to play with me????it'd be only fair that me and my son get advantages since I chose to pay more.
I am not sure what you want to tell me but right now but I may read your post later again when iam not busy with making a lot of money I can spend for UO and hookers.

The reason I pay five accounts is because I like houses. Custom them. And I have a ton of stuff. Also I have various templates spread out there.

I absolutely think that I should get 5 times the chance to get a freeby because I pay 5 accounts and u one

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure what you want to tell me but right now but I may read your post later again when iam not busy with making a lot of money I can spend for UO and hookers.

The reason I pay five accounts is because I like houses. Custom them. And I have a ton of stuff. Also I have various templates spread out there.

I absolutely think that I should get 5 times the chance to get a freeby because I pay 5 accounts and u one
Give up that argument already...by your logic, I should be able to use money earned from pimpin to legitimately pay for a lavish and legal gold and purple lifestyle.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Give up that argument already...by your logic, I should be able to use money earned from pimpin to legitimately pay for a lavish and legal gold and purple lifestyle.
You should be able to spend your money as your want. That's my point.

If I want to pay 10 accounts for whatever reason I should be have all the benefits x10

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Another clear example of "Preparation"

Many people here know I live in Florida, I had my sit reserved for the 20th anniversary and I had to cancel because the Hurricane Irma.
This is another example why you have to prepare ahead of time, I knew Irma was coming, I knew would be a Bad Storm, so I prepaid All my accounts, so I would have at least a 6 months+ in case something was really bad.
I cannot argue with this, because I actually agree with you. I posted out of emotion having lost my in game friend so abruptly without a trace (so far) and not having any control to stop it. I am a "Doomsdayer". I am prepared. I pay for my main account via my bank account and my second one with a prepaid 6 month card. I am covered. You are right, he had time to prepare. Even if it was one day to log in and move things to the bank boxes or even to ICQ me with log in details to save the lock downs to my second account or to his bank boxes. Sudden death is really the only reason not to prepare.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be able to spend your money as your want. That's my point.

If I want to pay 10 accounts for whatever reason I should be have all the benefits x10

lol
Ever considered there are pretty good reasons why games (online, offline, digital, otherwise) don't usually work this way? oO

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Iam not sure in which world you think you are.

No idea where you got the idea to launder money from.

I only said that I can spend my money as I want to. Where my money comes from is not your problem. ( It comes from a regular good paid job)

And if someone wants to pay 50 account to follow his idoc profession there is nothing against it

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam not sure in which world you think you are.

No idea where you got the idea to launder money from.

I only said that I can spend my money as I want to. Where my money comes from is not your problem. ( It comes from a regular good paid job)

And if someone wants to pay 50 account to follow his idoc profession there is nothing against it
When did we stop for ice cream?

Regarding money laundering, I was generalizing...not pointing fingers.

The issue isn't paying for 50 accounts, the issue is how a person earns the money to pay for those accounts. Last I checked, the going rate for an Atlantic luna house ranged from around $500 to $1500 USD per home, with some going as high as $10000 USD+ depending on the location. (dirty laundry) This provides more than enough currency to buy other stuff, including discounted game time in bulk for both personal use, guild use, friend and family use, and for sale. In many cases this involves buying cars from private sellers (people report buying the vehicles for 10C on the dollar when taxed), electronics off the shelf for cash, ect (this is where the laundry gets clean)

...on a side note, not long ago I had a discussion with someone else who proclaimed they had one account they paid for (which was actually partially true), what they didn't disclose was their *friends and famliy* discount on the rest...

Personally,I don't care how people spend their money or even how they got it, I just expect those people not to ruin the experiences of fellow players in the process.

What came to mind here wasn't pointing a finger at you or anyone else in the thread, what actually came to mind was the recent experiences of others with a now *retired* EM. Unfortunately, I cannot discuss the six degrees of separation from him without risking the need to start a new stratics account.

An interesting bit, I always appreciate seeing who participates in threads, who defends what, and the likes received, as it puts things into perspective for those that pay attention...

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All good. In the end I don't care how someone is paying for something. If someone prefers using RMT instead of gold. Well so be it.

What I don't like is that people get accused of something without proof.

And to make it clear. I don't defend RMT scamming cheating or whatever. I accept it. It's there. We can't get rid of easily in a safe way so I focus on other things.

If I had anything to say in this game I would make cruel changes which would ensure to get rid of that as good as possible. They would redo the whole experience. But sadly I don't have enough cash to buy it from EA

And as we know they are only 5 people so we cannot expect to get everything right all the time.

I'd love to discuss my crazy ideas with the devs bit as iam from Germany the way is a bit "far"

Takes it as it is. There are always people who use the mechanics to squeeze the last gold coin out but that's as in real life. If it can be done it will be done. Morally / legally OK or not. Someone will do it. Some will get caught. Others not.

Last edited:

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Off the cuff, explain why all your house placers aren't named AR? Instead you name them all common so people won't recognize you at the IDOCs. Nothing funny about that eh?
clearly you dont know me at all, I cycle between a lot of accounts, I also "acquire" many accounts all the time, so as you can see I use so many different accounts to plot, but as I mentioned before, I will not share or teach someone how to be good at something that has been around 20 years....

BTW, baiting people in an effort to get them banned is a form of trolling. Since you made a conscious effort to step up and post in an anonymous thread, you open yourself up to criticism...like it or not.
I have No clue on wth you talking about at all...

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL I'm Sorry I just have to LMBO at this post, Man come on this conversation is as old as UO itself. all this same stuff was said Years ago about Tracker & Rafman when they was beating everyone placing Luna houses. Guess what Yea I was one those Dumb people thinking oh they must be cheating. Well after many houses getting beat placing guess what ... Instead of Hurdling accusations, I talked to them, joined the guild they was in and at the time Hot was one the best Idoc Team guilds out there LNR was one the others. So Between Rafman, Tracker and King Arthur I learned a lot About little tricks common people who just see an idoc and think "ok I need an upgrade house I can place this." Don't know about. Through out my time in Uo all I ever did was IDOCs . Oh & guess what I have beaten AR in many placements .. Thinking back its funny like most of My Idoc Click members Started out as a rivalry ... I placed a blocker on AR ..We had Rivalry But man hate, Rage Its not worth it. A line From the new King Arthur movie sums Up my thoughts on this Really well .. "Why have enemies when I can have friends!"

But yea My little Empire I made all by idocing and placing houses. If ya already don't know I'll brag some more .. I was one that placed BOTH Atlantic Tram yew gate castles spots and the Fel gate castle (which I still own) All ofem them took me 5 to 6 years to acquire all houses needed to upgrade. So yeah Dedication is a Given for UO House Selling. Not many people are willing to wait that long, nor pay for that many accounts. At the time when I placed the North Yew gate castle There was no I wish to resize my house Safety net. you have to log in on 4-6 accounts & drop them all Hoping No stealthier walked by and placed. SO YOU HAD TO KNOW WHAT YOU WAS DOING PERIOD!!

All You people Crying AR is only one placing these house well DUH hes maybe 1 of 3 hardcore idoc house placers that are still really active in placing. Scribbles is gone, Tracker, Rafman, King Arthur and myself Don't Do many idocs anymore. Sometimes a big house will draw us out of hiding. It takes years of placing many houses to get GOOD at it like anything. LOL I suck at pvp So I don't PVP that doesn't mean I run to yew fel gate & scream CHEATER at the first red that kills me. That's absurd!

As far as the DEVs are concerned, Man they have been trying to make idocers happy way to many times, first was make placing random because people was crying about us placing plots then running loot up onto the plot (because we had multiple account to do this) so they have to let everyone be able to get to the loot, then it was the crybabies oh they know when to show up @ the 7th hour drop time , so now its random 5,10 or 15 hour drop. what else do you want them to do .. Move all the loot to your house is next I guess?

I have helped so many Rookie house placers try to place a house plot ... I stand there place the plot so they can see it & throws them under the sign and minutes pass by while I'm over here :wall::wall::wall: finally I have to work it out then tell them ok target me and click to place ... boom house goes down. That's with them at an open plot no one else trying to place.

Another thing I remembered Back when my old guild leader was alive Jaydin (EMP) I helped him place a fel keep and he was so Excited because he had played the beta & was a at time I think 12 year vet and had not owned anything bigger than an 18x18. there are so many players that Don't have time or know how to upgrade to a bigger house. That's where the UO Real estate players come in. Whether its Big time Buyer/ Seller AR or one of the little guys just trying to make a few Extra Mill.

Another thought should we start crying about all the players that go to the event drops and sell them for billions as being cheaters cus they won & we didn't ????

Rambling over you can go back to what you was doing .... Oh donuts!!!!!:facepalm:

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can even Ask @Scribbles I showed him in A spot he owned and I owned and sold my plot to him a castle would fit when his Guild leader Obsidian Knight told him I was lying. Guess what he tried it & castle went down.
I have helped AR place houses, I have placed houses for friends Had friend place for me ... AR has placed houses for me. We all want to make Gold in this game its what it all comes down too. I remember My newb days killing harpies for feathers to sell. So much more gold to be made sitting at an idoc So I found Idocing more fun.

Oh I remember the days of the free 15 day trial accounts from Gamestop. Just create a email account & Boom free account placer ... not many people knew of this back then How I have over 70 accounts... LOL would been more but some I never wrote down to save.

its stuff like that, That puts What I call Hardcore idocer above & beyond just the normal player. Learning the tricks of the trade. When sitting at these idocs look to make friends not enemies... Its surprising how much better honey is than Vinegar

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
U forget and no one seems to realize. U may have one acct and spend 10 bucks a month. If i had 40 which i dont thats 400 of my own cash i soend a month. Why shouldnt i have an advantage over u? Its like the lottery u buy one ticket i buy 100 thays jot an unfair advantage. i spent more at the chance of winnning then u do, statistaclly i should have a better chance then u
Yep! My analogy was right, just like the single child kid that didn't want to share. LOL

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You people complaining that you can' leech the few remaining death spirals of a former player, so sad. This is the definition of importance in life?

Status
Not open for further replies.