• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Titan rewards proportional to shard population?

Trip2017

Adventurer
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Titan rewards proportional to shard population?
---
Have the developers taken that into account, so there is global shard equality?
---
Thank you.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I think the RNG bites and the more playing the better odds someone will get something. I think it's all a dice roll each time and nothing more. I think all the players have the same odds with some voodoo luck, damage, etc calculations in there.

Trip2017

Adventurer
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Agreed... this is the original question and context.

Phase 5 Titan rewards, proportional to shard population?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They had better pancaking not be, which I believe Kyronix has already confirmed...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Seeing as how they said all you have to do to get the reward(s) in Part 5 is get on the "top attacker list" on one Titan, I kinda doubt it.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The info given was not too detailed and little else has been said about it. Mostly player speculation.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
not top attacker just looting rights was said
Incorrect... top attacker is exactly what was said...

It is determined by placement on the "top attacker" list, even though that's a bit of a misnomer since it's a combination of the different factors mentioned in the post. You need to get on that list only once, in any position, and you get one reward package choice per character.
Doesn't matter which titan you get on the list, each character just has to get on the list. You get 1 reward per character, regardless of how many titans you kill. Of course you are encouraged to kill as many titans as possible, otherwise the destruction and fall of Britannian society as we know it at the hands of these elemental invaders will of course be on your hands.
(as taken from this thread NEWS - [UO.Com] The Evil from Afar .. and according to the Dev feed ( UO Developer Feed ) it has been the only comment made by the team when it comes to how the rewards in Part 5 are being given. Unless of course something was mentioned at the Anniv party.

"Looting rights" has been what players have said "top attacker list" means. Which could be what that boils down too.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, that's the question, isn't it..... on Legends there are sometimes five or six players on the titan, I would imagine on Atlantic there's twenty or more. If calculated on some percentage point thingie does one player on Legends get on that list and four players on Atlantic get on it? see what I mean?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It will be interesting to see what happens in the next stage. Official statements are usually pretty vague regarding specifics so who knows what your choice per character could be based upon where you are on the list. Is it "You're on the list, pick from all options" or is it "you barely made it with one titan, you can pick between these two packages"? I'm thinking the former.

As to how to get on the list specifically - I have no idea, I just do the best I can and hope for the best. ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can't say for a fact, but going solely off of what the rewards are (which have been stated as being Deco Only by the team) there will be no need to try and keep them limited in number honestly. Not to mention I think they learned their lesson on that during the "cure the Gargs" deal we had not too long ago. I mean a LOT of folks went bat crap crazy and then some over that one. Kinda doubt we will ever see a situation like that again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well, that's the question, isn't it..... on Legends there are sometimes five or six players on the titan, I would imagine on Atlantic there's twenty or more. If calculated on some percentage point thingie does one player on Legends get on that list and four players on Atlantic get on it? see what I mean?
The Titans have an amount of damage that need to be done to get you on the list. On a small shard or on a titan with fewer players attacking it, you have a better chance to do that damage. I've helped kill many Titans but theres 10 to 15 players on them on LS. I'd love a change with only 2 to 6 doing damage.