• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion spellbook slayers list

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday I got fey slayer spellbook. Today I got Wolf Slayer. Let compile full list of slayers on invasion spellbooks. I have

arachnid slayer
demon slayer
dragon slayer
elemental slayer
fey slayer
repond slayer
spider slayer
undead slayer
Wolf Slayer

If you have any not listed - write what you have.

EDIT: seems everything from this list Slayer Property Items – Ultima Online

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It seems they have opened the entire archive of slayer types.. even those found on Talisman..

Mage Slayer
Ice Slayer
Bat Slayer
Flame Slayer
Elemental Slayer

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Goblin slayer
Bovine slayer

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ummm... I only listed 'super' slayers.. have too many of the individual slayers to list honestly.. TONS of those.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They come in all the slayers: super, regular and talisman.

No need for separate lists.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I don't know that it's ALL of them, but it is a large list. So far I've seen:

• Air Elemental
  • Arachnid
  • Bat
  • Beetle
  • Bear
  • Bird
  • Blood Elemental
  • Bovine
  • Demon
  • Dragon
  • Elemental
  • Fey
  • Fire Elemental
  • Flame
  • Gargoyle
  • Goblin
  • Ice
  • Lizardman
  • Mage
  • Ophidian
  • Orc
  • Poison Elemental
  • Repond
  • Scorpion
  • Snake
  • Snow Elemental
  • Spider
  • Troll
  • Undead
  • Vermin
  • Water Elemental
  • Wolf

I haven't seen:
  • Dinosaur
  • Earth Elemental - confirmed
  • Myrmidex
  • Eodon
  • Eodon tribe
  • Reptile - confirmed
  • Terathan - confirmed

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't seen:
  • Dinosaur
  • Earth Elemental
  • Myrmidex
  • Eodon
  • Eodon tribe
  • Reptile
  • Terathan
I've seen reptile.

We probably won't see any of the Eodon ones as they are too "new" to be replicated. Not that Anon's spellbooks are that rare anymore...

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know that it's ALL of them, but it is a large list. So far I've seen:

• Air Elemental
  • Arachnid
  • Bat
  • Beetle
  • Bear
  • Bird
  • Blood Elemental
  • Bovine
  • Demon
  • Dragon
  • Elemental
  • Fey
  • Fire Elemental
  • Flame
  • Gargoyle
  • Goblin
  • Ice
  • Lizardman
  • Mage
  • Ophidian
  • Orc
  • Poison Elemental
  • Repond
  • Scorpion
  • Snake
  • Snow Elemental
  • Spider
  • Troll
  • Undead
  • Vermin
  • Water Elemental
  • Wolf

I haven't seen:
  • Dinosaur
  • Earth Elemental
  • Myrmidex
  • Eodon
  • Eodon tribe
  • Reptile
  • Terathan
I can confirm Earth Elemental, Reptile, Terathan.

I also don't believe they will have any Eodon Slayers. Unfortunately

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love that they did this but feel bad that scrappers are almost entirely worthless now, haha...like they were such a grind, but now here are SDI 30 slayers that are either better or unique to anything we've ever had...just kind of a kick in the teeth for crafters, once again

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I love that they did this but feel bad that scrappers are almost entirely worthless now, haha...like they were such a grind, but now here are SDI 30 slayers that are either better or unique to anything we've ever had...just kind of a kick in the teeth for crafters, once again
Would not call scrappers useless now though. That 1/1 along with skill bonus will still hold some value especially if super slayer hits on it.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Scrappers with skill points and other mods will still be useful. The Super Slayer ones won't go for 200m+ anymore, but they're still nothing to sneeze at either.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Congrats on all you who have time to be the first at spawns and run around collecting the spellbooks. Some of us (ie those affected by Irma) have only been able to catch a few spawns so far and gotten no spellbooks. So my question is does anybody know if these will continue to spawn in some fashion after this event ends, or is this it?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congrats on all you who have time to be the first at spawns and run around collecting the spellbooks. Some of us (ie those affected by Irma) have only been able to catch a few spawns so far and gotten no spellbooks. So my question is does anybody know if these will continue to spawn in some fashion after this event ends, or is this it?
It had better not be.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure the devs will allow the event arc to rollover for an week or two

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even a week extra is going to make some of those books rares that sell for insane prices if that's the end of em - good for the sellers, bad for the rest

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So my question is does anybody know if these will continue to spawn in some fashion after this event ends, or is this it?
My guess is that this is probably it. Maybe perhaps if the invasions are still getting as much attention as they have been that they would allow them to continue while part 5 is still active... but I don't believe this will last in perpetuity. They will likely close it down by the time they activate the Halloween content.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess is that this is probably it. Maybe perhaps if the invasions are still getting as much attention as they have been that they would allow them to continue while part 5 is still active... but I don't believe this will last in perpetuity. They will likely close it down by the time they activate the Halloween content.
Thought everything was getting turned off when part 5 starts? I just can't see the invasions' popularity lasting until the 28th. Even right now, people look for the mages to get the spellbooks. Sure, people keep killing stuff, but they have to so the town can finish and a new one can start.

Also, how long is part 5 supposed to run? Halloween content will be starting shortly after...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday I got fey slayer spellbook. Today I got Wolf Slayer. Let compile full list of slayers on invasion spellbooks. I have

arachnid slayer
demon slayer
dragon slayer
elemental slayer
fey slayer
repond slayer
spider slayer
undead slayer
Wolf Slayer

If you have any not listed - write what you have.

EDIT: seems everything from this list Slayer Property Items – Ultima Online
Damn. I got one book on day one, and haven't gotten any since. I never see any casters... like ever.

Whyterose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Damn. I got one book on day one, and haven't gotten any since. I never see any casters... like ever.
Same, I have gotten one spellbook and that is it. I do not have a great deal of time to play UO, so I most likely will not get many spellbooks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know about on your shard but on mine if you aren't there at the absolute beginning ..... certain people running multiple accounts gate run in gank every mage in an instant... if you try to attack it one of their multiples will go off round up everything nearby and drop it at your feet with a nice invis.... leaving you dead.

Anyway they are all dead within about 5 min of the start of the spawn... and then they vanish to leave everyone else to clean up the rest of the stuff though I personally target all capebearers... anyone in a cape is fair game... IMO after that I just don't care.

If you want to know who's a mage look for blue/purple... ignore all red and green...

That's pretty much how everyone else does it... run in kill all the blue/purple guys and go...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even a week extra is going to make some of those books rares that sell for insane prices if that's the end of em - good for the sellers, bad for the rest
I think the main issue will be not that the event ends too soon, but that people will stop doing it. Last night's invasions took about three times as long as few days ago. With only a few mages spawning if at all, and those mages giving limited number of books, majority of people needed to finish an invasion in a reasonable time do not have a shot at a spell book. So as soon as they figure out what's going on, they move on to more rewarding tasks.
Making other generals (an maybe even Captains, gasp!) drop something useful would go a long way to increasing participation.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even right now, people look for the mages to get the spellbooks
That is exactly the problem - the whole story line is lost in a rush to run around looking for spellbooks, and then you just have this desperate sense of competing with one another. which naturally brings out the worst in people - you'd think they'd learn something from the EM events, but I guess not

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i got one book back on day one and they nothing for a while.
then the other night there was 3 of us doing a spawn in yew and we couldnt hit it hard enough to kick it over, so we just sat there grinding on it for almost 3 hours.

on the plus side i dont know what triggered it but we got a LOT of mages on that one and i came home with a bag full of spellbooks!

the one that caught my eye was the Bird Slayer!

would be good for doing Swoop if the loot was worth it.

only one i would really like to get would be a wold slayer as i farm Cu's a lot.

i have yet to see a 50SDI book too, maybe if i get out once more.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Whats a perfect slayer book stats?
Spell Damage Increase 50%
Mana Regeneration 3
Faster Casting 1
Lower Reagent Cost 10%

or

(slayer type) Slayer
Defense Chance Increase 10%
Spell Damage Increase 30%
Faster Cast Recovery 2
Lower Mana Cost 5%

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thought everything was getting turned off when part 5 starts? I just can't see the invasions' popularity lasting until the 28th. Even right now, people look for the mages to get the spellbooks. Sure, people keep killing stuff, but they have to so the town can finish and a new one can start.

Also, how long is part 5 supposed to run? Halloween content will be starting shortly after...
They are shutting it off 09/28. My post was only saying "maybe" they would keep it around a few more days if it was popular enough.

They're still getting a large group of people for each invasion on Atlantic. If anything, I've seen an uptick in activity.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need. To. Octuple. Mage/Healer. Spawn. Numbers.

:cursing:
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I know. I look for the mages (since I want Slayers more than 50 SDI books - it's only a 3 point increase on Word of Death, which is meh), and I've got most of what I want with those. I just need a few 29%-30% SDI Repond and Reptile Slayers to complete my sets.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I know. I look for the mages (since I want Slayers more than 50 SDI books - it's only a 3 point increase on Word of Death, which is meh), and I've got most of what I want with those. I just need a few 29%-30% SDI Repond and Reptile Slayers to complete my sets.
I want the 'talisman only' slayers, since they fill some of the gaps the main slayers don't cover. Just need Ice, Mage, Vermin, Goblin and Wolf... :sad4:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
where the dam book or what ever to hold all the magery books, plus spell weave, myst, necro, mastery and rune books. my pack was bad enough but now its beyond belief lol. have ask afew times now

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want the 'talisman only' slayers, since they fill some of the gaps the main slayers don't cover. Just need Ice, Mage, Vermin, Goblin and Wolf... :sad4:
I've got Ice (forget the SDI on it), Mage with 28, Goblin with 29, and Wolf with 26. Forgot about Vermin, but I don't think I've seen anyone get one so far.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've got Ice (forget the SDI on it), Mage with 28, Goblin with 29, and Wolf with 26. Forgot about Vermin, but I don't think I've seen anyone get one so far.
I've seen a vermin, it was being sold for 175mil which is just :coco: It's cool, but not that cool.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen a vermin, it was being sold for 175mil which is just :coco: It's cool, but not that cool.
LMAO. I might try to sell a 50 SDI spellbook for that, but a Vermin? I probably wouldn't get anywhere close to that for a full set of 30% Super Slayers.

Anyway. @Kyronix & @Bleak: we still need a bump in the mage/healer spawn rate. There are virtually no generals of either type in the invasions - I have to go through EVERYTHING at the start of a town, and I might see 1-2 of each. Also, the weapons need to not suck - outside of the Bane property on Bows (and even that's iffy, because crafted bows are better. Also, other bow types like Composite and Yumi need to drop), there is literally nothing worth using.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re mages/healers:
The derth of ranked mages is killing the fun of the invasions. As many people have observed, most people wade into the initial flustercuck, kill the mage/healers and then vanish. Most of them are quite ****** about it as well.

Since I don't think the intent of the invasions was to bring out the worse in humanity, some adjustment is warranted. If not, well, we have long, long memories.

Regardless, this increased slayer pool needs to become a regular thing. Mages should have access to the same slayers melee characters do.

Re melee weapons:
90% of the weapon drops are of a type people do not use because they're terrible. (generally way too slow) The overcapped mods aren't gimmicky/useful enough to warrant really ever using them in...erm...any situation.

Had the melee drops been overcapped HML, HSL, HLL, DI, some HCI or DCI with a fair sprinkling of SSI.. then people might care. But throwing all that weight into just a few properties = instant trash.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every general should drop any item from any others generals drop. RANDOM. Everyone will kill any general and have chance for spellbook or anything other. No need to hunt specific mob only.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every general should drop any item from any others generals drop. RANDOM. Everyone will kill any general and have chance for spellbook or anything other. No need to hunt specific mob only.
Don't be logical, this is UO

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The random drop is not reliable at all. It already made people mad.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
All these slayers are useless, what we need is a really big BUG Slayer.
imho... and for what it is worth.. this would have been the perfect time to start the "Pet Slayer" property up. Give the PvP crowd a way of killing off tamables easier without having to switch slayer weps all the time.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I must say I can see the logic in having only mages drop spellbooks - why would a dexxer be carrying a spellbook? But I agree that the present system has ruined the whole invasion arc. BTW, I got my first spellbook last night on Pacific - repond, 30 SDI etc. My cu had the healer mage down to 30 percent, slow going because he kept healing himself, and then a bunch of others jumped in to help finish it off. Makes me wonder if I have been too polite so far. I think from now on when I see a mage general, I'm just going to jump in, even if several others are already on it. Is that against etiquette? Seems to be the only way of getting anything from what I can see.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I must say I can see the logic in having only mages drop spellbooks - why would a dexxer be carrying a spellbook? But I agree that the present system has ruined the whole invasion arc. BTW, I got my first spellbook last night on Pacific - repond, 30 SDI etc. My cu had the healer mage down to 30 percent, slow going because he kept healing himself, and then a bunch of others jumped in to help finish it off. Makes me wonder if I have been too polite so far. I think from now on when I see a mage general, I'm just going to jump in, even if several others are already on it. Is that against etiquette? Seems to be the only way of getting anything from what I can see.
On my home shard there is no etiquette I learned that lesson long ago... I remember I used to go to shame and farm Bloods ... and a certain guild would come in and take your spawn spot just because... if you tried to take it back they would just call in more friends to keep you from getting looting rights...

And I don't want to hear how if I went to Fel I could just kill them because that answer is such BS... No I couldn't because people who do that sort of thing in Tram are the self same people who use all the cheats and such in Fel... they don't care about morals or rules... they only care about getting whatever they want... And they don't care how they go about it. They think it's "winning" but I think they are all a bunch of losers. If you have to resort to cheating to "win" at a game you are the biggest loser. Losing respect, losing dignity, and losing face.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On my home shard there is no etiquette I learned that lesson long ago... I remember I used to go to shame and farm Bloods ... and a certain guild would come in and take your spawn spot just because... if you tried to take it back they would just call in more friends to keep you from getting looting rights...

And I don't want to hear how if I went to Fel I could just kill them because that answer is such BS... No I couldn't because people who do that sort of thing in Tram are the self same people who use all the cheats and such in Fel... they don't care about morals or rules... they only care about getting whatever they want... And they don't care how they go about it. They think it's "winning" but I think they are all a bunch of losers. If you have to resort to cheating to "win" at a game you are the biggest loser. Losing respect, losing dignity, and losing face.
So do you just jump in on all the mage generals?