• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion spellbook slayers list

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So do you just jump in on all the mage generals?

I know ya didn't ask me.. but.. I ain't gonna lie.. I didn't at first but developed a "can't beat 'em.. join 'em" mentality on generals and healers pretty quick. But, I don't recall out once they are dead like a lot seem to. I stay and kill off everything I can and x-heal everyone I can when they are in trouble.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I invis and xheal others as well but I have noticed when I'm in trouble everyone just watches me run or die :(

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So do you just jump in on all the mage generals?
Of course you do. I was the first to the only general I saw last night. In 3 minutes there was a crowd on it. I did not get the book :D.
I am not blaming lack of hunter's etiquette here. It's the result of piss poor design. You have 30 mobs that take a long time to kill. One or two of them drop really good rewards, while the rest of them drop trash. Seriously, was any outcome other than what we have is even remotely possible here?! Even if you had 90% of players who for unknown reasons would grind worthless mobs for hours, and studiously ignore a mage general next to them, all it takes is one snowflake to swoop in, steal the rewards and leave. That one person is enough to invalidate the efforts of everyone else.
How it was not foreseen by the devs is beyond me, but yea, the only sane behavior here is to look for mages and kill them as soon as you see them. After, try to kill everything else. Keep in mind that generals continue to spawn throughout the invasion so you might be rewarded for sticking around by a mage spawning next to you.