• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bah!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sat down at computer, figured id go - yet again - and try.
logged in, got all dressed and ready, logged into ICQ and a guild mate tells me its active in Yew.
i recall to bank.
and start running over, he yells Titan is up!
i figure, well hell, at least i finally get a hit on one of these damn things!
i run the 4 screens and guess what...... wait for it...... its dead.

seriously cant even run 4 screens before the thing is dead.
FOUR PANCAKING SCREENS!

i keep going back thinking this time..... this time..... this time.....
but then i guess i wouldnt still be playing this POS game after 20 years if i didnt have that addictive personality.

im kinda glad im not going to the party, i have a hard enough time holding my tongue when im in a good mood, id hate to think what kinda scene id make going there now with the bad taste of this arc in my mouth!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
all right.
got on with a guild mate, went and give it the old college try one last time.
went to minoc, met up with some other fella who was gonna do it, i ran 2 computers so 4 toons in total.
took us 2 and a half hours but we did the entire spawn and got the Water Titan and killed him.
little bugger is a bit harder to kill when you only have 3 people!

got that done finally!

now, to try it with a warrior!

Nosfentor

Visitor
So is there any real reson to try kill Titan with my medicore character. (Tahat get killed about 5 times in every Titans) in part IV?

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last few mobs usually re-spawn at the locations where have already been cleared, it will help if you get rough ideas about the location of spawners.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Looting the Titan is a ...pain...I don't know about anyone else, but I did finally get to the end and help down the Titan. Once I was able to get the loot menu UP and saw it had over 4500 ITEMS in it, the lag was so bad (because of the number of items on the corpse) it had disappeared. This to me, was irritating. They put way too many items on the massive boss and you can't even loot it due to the lag from it trying to load that many items.

We won't even talk about NOT gotten a single DROP. I ended up buying an invasion spellbook (thank you, you know who you are). How are drop rates determined, out of curiosity??

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gotta call it like i see it.

spent the afternoon doing invasion.
one of the worst thought out events IMO.
every time the Titan spawns its dead before i even find it.
not just once in a while..... every.... frick'n.... time!

wheres the insensitive?
grind away on the spawn to get the titan and its dead in 10 seconds before you can even find it.

and the armor sets, super nice colors and would be perfect for collecting like the last ones..... except they are not full sets.
who the hell releases collectable sets that arnt even full?
who would collect a set that isnt full?

its just item after item that is poorly thought out and poorly executed here of late.

im here for fun, fun is not being had, im gonna go join all the others on the side lines.
at what point do they realize that the majority of players are leaving the event arc and do something to fix it?

makes a person wonder.

i know where i work if you mess up over and over your gone.

something to think about.
The lack of full armor sets is a real head scratcher for sure.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The lack of full armor sets is a real head scratcher for sure.
They don't WEAR it....they are just THAT Bad Arse that they don't need to wear a full suit.....;)

I did finally get a blue cloak from a healer...will take a picture after Origin is back from Maint but no pants or gloves :/

healer.jpg

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Looting the Titan is a ...pain...I don't know about anyone else, but I did finally get to the end and help down the Titan. Once I was able to get the loot menu UP and saw it had over 4500 ITEMS in it, the lag was so bad (because of the number of items on the corpse) it had disappeared.
On Europa we now have a smart ass who casts invis. on the corpse of the Titan repeatedly, very annoying!!!!

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
On Europa we now have a smart ass who casts invis. on the corpse of the Titan repeatedly, very annoying!!!!
I'm sorry, that made me chuckle as I didn't know you could cast invis on a corpse... Gonna have to try that on one now..! OMG Look what you started.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looting the Titan is a ...pain...I don't know about anyone else, but I did finally get to the end and help down the Titan. Once I was able to get the loot menu UP and saw it had over 4500 ITEMS in it, the lag was so bad (because of the number of items on the corpse) it had disappeared. This to me, was irritating. They put way too many items on the massive boss and you can't even loot it due to the lag from it trying to load that many items.

We won't even talk about NOT gotten a single DROP. I ended up buying an invasion spellbook (thank you, you know who you are). How are drop rates determined, out of curiosity??
You know you dont get any "drops" from the Titan right?
Have you been reading the threads on stratics? The countless ones that tell you that you just need to hit the Titans with your best shot to get points.
The points are for the Reward packages we get in part 5.
The higher the points, the better the package you can select, and it's one PER CHAR so make sure you use all the chars you can.

I really don't know why people are having trouble with this event part.....it's just a town invasion.
I have not "missed out" on a single Titan while i have been doing the event on Europa.....and it's not exactly empty.
Atlantic i can understand as it's just a shard full of "jack-asses".......but if you choose to play there then you already know that. ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The higher the points, the better the package you can select, and it's one PER CHAR so make sure you use all the chars you can.
Still not sure where you are getting that from.. This is the only thing I have seen on rewards.. and it says nothing about differing "level" packages.. merely that top attacker list on one Titan gets you the reward in Part 5.

It is determined by placement on the "top attacker" list, even though that's a bit of a misnomer since it's a combination of the different factors mentioned in the post. You need to get on that list only once, in any position, and you get one reward package choice per character.
Doesn't matter which titan you get on the list, each character just has to get on the list. You get 1 reward per character, regardless of how many titans you kill. Of course you are encouraged to kill as many titans as possible, otherwise the destruction and fall of Britannian society as we know it at the hands of these elemental invaders will of course be on your hands.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you been reading the threads on stratics? The countless ones that tell you that you just need to hit the Titans with your best shot to get points.

I really don't know why people are having trouble with this event part.....it's just a town invasion.
I have not "missed out" on a single Titan while i have been doing the event on Europa.....and it's not exactly empty.
Atlantic i can understand as it's just a shard full of "jack-asses".......but if you choose to play there then you already know that. ;)
I'll admit that the UO bug got me last month but reading about this arc makes me sleepy. That said, there isn't anything worth looting from 4500 items? This is all about a couple books, weapons that will collect dust like the other invasion weapons and some armor(like the other invasion). LOOT TABLE @Kyronix

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll admit that the UO bug got me last month but reading about this arc makes me sleepy. That said, there isn't anything worth looting from 4500 items? This is all about a couple books, weapons that will collect dust like the other invasion weapons and some armor(like the other invasion). LOOT TABLE @Kyronix
Well it depends on what you class as loot?
Artifact items drop on mobs as low as Scouts as i have found but the best ones drop from the generals and the Titan.
If your looking for True Artifacts....then do Doom or the Roof, this is a Town invasion afterall and another 2 weeks of it yet.
Also if you are a player with not much gold, this part of the event is "the Daddy" as most people don't even loot the corpses so it's artifact items galour!.
For me i now have so much stuff my crafters are sifting though that that alone will keep me busy for weeks on end after the event has finished.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 30 SDI slayers/super slayers are gonna collect dust? I doubt it...well, not for the good ones. Dragon will certainly be useful. Same with Repond, Undead, Demon, and Fey for the Super Slayers. The 50 SDI books will be good for the pvm chars with spellweaving. How much they'll sell for when the dust settles and this global arc ends, I can't say.

The loot quality should be better though, just as the Titans should last longer. They all die in about 2 minutes - if you're not close to it when it spawns *cough* Vesper *cough* Trinsic *cough*, you're probably not going to get loot rights on it, unless you're playing on a smaller population shard like Origin.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 30 SDI slayers/super slayers are gonna collect dust? I doubt it...well, not for the good ones. Dragon will certainly be useful. Same with Repond, Undead, Demon, and Fey for the Super Slayers. The 50 SDI books will be good for the pvm chars with spellweaving. How much they'll sell for when the dust settles and this global arc ends, I can't say.

The loot quality should be better though, just as the Titans should last longer. They all die in about 2 minutes - if you're not close to it when it spawns *cough* Vesper *cough* Trinsic *cough*, you're probably not going to get loot rights on it, unless you're playing on a smaller population shard like Origin.
The October dungeon will give us a use for the slayer spellbooks. I'll be training pets when Trinsic is invaded. Watch out for Ants.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran

Um, yea ok, I never thought of myself as part of the "jack-asses" of Atlantic, but thanks for that. Stay on Europa, will you? Maybe the "jack-asses" are just on that shard. Or better yet, take a break, because you sound very angry, Slayvite.

I knew you didn't get drops from the Titian. I meant from the "other" invaders. My mistake. I had two thoughts going there.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I saw a few items, some legendary but the lag was SOOOO bad, I couldn't grab anything. Also saw on very nice talismans. i suppose it depends on what you are looking for.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um, yea ok, I never thought of myself as part of the "jack-asses" of Atlantic, but thanks for that. Stay on Europa, will you? Maybe the "jack-asses" are just on that shard. Or better yet, take a break, because you sound very angry, Slayvite.

I knew you didn't get drops from the Titian. I meant from the "other" invaders. My mistake. I had two thoughts going there.
I intend to stay on Europa as it's my shard and i wouldn't dream of moving.
I never and will never use shard shields and i personally think they should be removed from game.

Yes, most of the "jack asses" come from Atlantic, they are kind enough to tell us by spamming it during most EM events on Europa......
Oh and i'm not angry, far from it.
Did you not see the smiley at the end of the post? ;)