• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bah!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
gotta call it like i see it.

spent the afternoon doing invasion.
one of the worst thought out events IMO.
every time the Titan spawns its dead before i even find it.
not just once in a while..... every.... frick'n.... time!

wheres the insensitive?
grind away on the spawn to get the titan and its dead in 10 seconds before you can even find it.

and the armor sets, super nice colors and would be perfect for collecting like the last ones..... except they are not full sets.
who the hell releases collectable sets that arnt even full?
who would collect a set that isnt full?

its just item after item that is poorly thought out and poorly executed here of late.

im here for fun, fun is not being had, im gonna go join all the others on the side lines.
at what point do they realize that the majority of players are leaving the event arc and do something to fix it?

makes a person wonder.

i know where i work if you mess up over and over your gone.

something to think about.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The die hards are still doing it and so are some of the multiboxers trying to get the spellbooks they don't care about anything else.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just want my reward package during phase 5!

And I LOVE these titans! Stratos is the worst..she damages everyone! Lithos is AWESOME omg he's soo funny! Rollin around like a ball spittin things at ya!

I've made TONS of gold and even some new friends!

Sorry...yes my glass is half full...I am rather enjoying myself.

To be honest though...on a more populated server, it has to be rough with the titans :/ I get that....maybe they should have scaled the HP to the population. On Origin they go down pretty fast but not 10 seconds! I had time to call in gen chat for anyone who wanted to hit it to come...took about....5 minutes with 6 or 7 of us hitting it.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya same thing just happen to me was in yew after I finally found the titan I ran toward it end up in the tree city get out it's died

About the armor I have been collecting it hopping the next part the other pieces drop if not I hop we can smelt it down save color and make the rest of the set (pipe dream I know)

They need to do something about this event we work it then other gate in and kill the titan and get top damage while some of us that worked hard to clear the spawn might get left out because we are not the "Top Damage" group

Either way I hope I can at least complete the armor sets lol

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Give it a week to week and a half max... most of the folks will be on to other things because the new has worn off.. the Titans will live for quite a while once that begins.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Problem is how is a small group with limited time going to clear the spawn before they need to log out well before the titan spawns

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah we've been going at it in Yew here on Origin for about...4 hours? And stuff just keeps spawning...I think we triggered the Unlimited Spawn Mode :/

Honestly I think it's broken.. :/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We just finished Brit. There were 15 players there. Happened too fast to get a pic of them all spread out.

Damn thats a big turn out for one spot at 12:45am LS time. 3 got there too late.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just want my reward package during phase 5!
ORLY? o_O

Oh my...

~Shakes head~

All is lost......how very sad this is that EVERYONE is more concerned about the STUPID PIXEL CRACK then they are about saving Britannia.....

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME.....~sighs~
*Thwacks Larisa on the head with a rolled up Town Cryer* :twak:

*goes back to killing far more than her sixth Titan*

:devil::stir::mf_prop:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hey...I deserve SOMETHING!

Me and one other person just spent FIVE hours in Yew...FIVE....trying to beat back this invasion....and stuff just kept spawning and spawning..and there were like 20 thieves here in Yew this time so avoiding getting my band-aids stolen while trying to save the city.....

We JUST killed the Titan...and saved Yew...and yes I once again called out in General Chat for whoever was on to come hit it so they can get their rewards too...even though they don't deserve them ;) yes yes that is reward enough I know to have saved Yew.....and I never said I didn't like pixel crack! I just save the city first.....I get plenty of gold and goodies off corpses :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey...I deserve SOMETHING!

Me and one other person just spent FIVE hours in Yew...FIVE....trying to beat back this invasion....and stuff just kept spawning and spawning..and there were like 20 thieves here in Yew this time so avoiding getting my band-aids stolen while trying to save the city.....

We JUST killed the Titan...and saved Yew...and yes I once again called out in General Chat for whoever was on to come hit it so they can get their rewards too...even though they don't deserve them ;) yes yes that is reward enough I know to have saved Yew.....and I never said I didn't like pixel crack! I just save the city first.....I get plenty of gold and goodies off corpses :)
Defensive much? ;)

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having fun so far while I can but yea, they usually die before I can even see them. On Atl there's often a lot of players so.... it is what it is. o_O
It's sort of like the last invasion with tweaks & new bosses. That one blob thing (only seen it briefly once) had me LOLing :lol: It looked like one of the many bad meme faces.
Troll(2).png Troll(3).png Troll.png
Surprised they didn't complete the armor sets like last time but it hasn't been active long so you never know. Stuff can change up ;)
I'll definitely be taking part in the event when I can. I just hope it doesn't get turned off quickly.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So its not active in the current part or does it keep track?
It tracks the highest damage dealers then in Part 5, we will be able to select reward packages dependent on how we scored.
You can also get points for healing players taking damage from the Titan if you don't have a big damage dealer.
Oh and remember that oblisk we just got from Part 3 gives a Titan Slayer mod to your held weapon for 6 hours per day. ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I hope you mean today. If not SLACKER!
I've only killed 4....but I helped beat back the invasion 6 times.

It takes HOURS on Origin to get the titan's to spawn...literally HOURS so I do what I can in the time I have but I STILL need to lore Stratos...I've only seen Stratos once and forgot to lore :/

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You have to get high damage on Titans to get better reward packages in Part 5. ;)
You only need to get on top attackers list on one Titan..

It tracks the highest damage dealers then in Part 5, we will be able to select reward packages dependent on how we scored.
Where did you get this info? I have seen nothing saying there are differing reward packages based on any score. Only that getting on the top attackers list on One Titan gets you the reward package in Part 5

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least you're not having to deal with a guild that runs in and kills only the mage generals and then leaves the rest for everyone else to clean up.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been raging all afternoon about this Invasion bit.
And that's so sad, it shouldn't have had to be, the whole concept should be so good.
My guild have had to put up with me, I do apologise, they knew it was coming though, they know me too well after 20 odd years.

My issues are;
  • The weapon drops are useless, and they appear to have no point at all.
  • Players get absolutely nothing for killing all the normal invasion spawn.
  • The Mage Generals are where it's all at, so is everyone meant to just focus on them? How badly thought out is that?
  • This is some major new content for Mages - who by the way get almost nothing ever in say 10 years, and then they make it this hard?
  • You just don't know if you've done enough on a Titan or not?
  • And the Titans drop nothing.
  • And like people have said, on busy servers, you can't even find it in time, or get damage on it.
  • And again, only certain classes are winning this - or even certain playstyle.

What I think would have been fairer;
  • If the weapon drops had instead been turn-in point towards the books.
  • Or, all mobs had an equal chance of dropping off anything.

Just to expand on my issues with current Developer thinking here.
On the Trade Quests, if you did them properly, you got hardly anything, those who just sat around waiting for ambushes got full sets.
On the Invasion, if you attempt to just do it, you get almost nothing, those who focus on Mage Generals only, get tons of amazing books.

Is this how we are meant to play?
Just cherry pick, and not put in the effort to do stuff fully or properly as should be intended?

The game is being rigged against the players who just play the game properly, and that sucks.

And for the record, I've been pretty complimentary about a lot of this 20th Anniversary Arc.
I liked how they brought T Hunters, Trade Quests, SoS and other aspects into it.
But what always seems to get me, is the completely poorly thought out rewards, or reward distribution.
After all the effort I've put into it, I'm likely to walk away with nothing, again, that's how I feel - always.
Surely as a participant who did a ton of it, and completed it all successfully I should be able to get something?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
At least you're not having to deal with a guild that runs in and kills only the mage generals and then leaves the rest for everyone else to clean up.
I laugh at those rascals.. books spawn on the fighters as well. Have gotten a total of 10 books now and only killed one mage during the whole invasion.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure this is true, certainly no-one I know of has experienced this?
I've had books drop from non mages, generals and captains. In fact I've gotten that many that if they are less than 50% sdi I just toss them on the floor.
Just farm everything.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm not sure this is true, certainly no-one I know of has experienced this?
100% accurate, I don't put my rep on the line with bogus info. Others have been posting it left and right as well in other threads. Have only fought one mage (the ones casting spells over their heads) and have 10 books including 2 that are 45+ sdi. Have not gotten a 50 sdi one yet.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've only killed 4....but I helped beat back the invasion 6 times.

It takes HOURS on Origin to get the titan's to spawn...literally HOURS so I do what I can in the time I have but I STILL need to lore Stratos...I've only seen Stratos once and forgot to lore :/
Larisa, you might actually have advantage over higher populated servers as far as rewards in part 5. If their "highest damage" ranking is made across all shards, than people on Atl who get one or two wacks at a titan before it's down will individually have less damage than you who's been wacking at it for solid 20 minutes before it died. If the scoring is done per shard, you are still ahead, because you are one of only few doing it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As I posted in another thread...I have 5 books and have only killed one mage...well prior to last night that is...and I didn't get anything off it. All my books were off warriors.

I killed or helped kill around 6-8 healers/mages last night and didn't get any books.

Larisa, you might actually have advantage over higher populated servers as far as rewards in part 5. If their "highest damage" ranking is made across all shards, than people on Atl who get one or two wacks at a titan before it's down will individually have less damage than you who's been wacking at it for solid 20 minutes before it died. If the scoring is done per shard, you are still ahead, because you are one of only few doing it.
I have killed 2 on my human tamer and 2 on my gargoyle tamer, one with a Dragon Turtle Hatchling and the other 2 with a Rune Beetle and a Cu.

Hopefully today I will be able to use my Samp and Archer.....now that I know how pets do, and get a chance to actually use my Obelisk lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is per Titan and only 1 per toon. Many of us may have received the required points on the first Titan we fought. We just dont know if we put up enough points to get a reward in part 5.

You should kill Titans with as many toons as you can.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is per Titan and only 1 per toon. Many of us may have received the required points on the first Titan we fought. We just dont know if we put up enough points to get a reward in part 5.

You should kill Titans with as many toons as you can.
Per titan? You mean it's not additive, but the highest damage you've done to a particular titan ever?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Per titan? You mean it's not additive, but the highest damage you've done to a particular titan ever?

Yepp... per Kyronix:

It is determined by placement on the "top attacker" list, even though that's a bit of a misnomer since it's a combination of the different factors mentioned in the post. You need to get on that list only once, in any position, and you get one reward package choice per character.
Doesn't matter which titan you get on the list, each character just has to get on the list. You get 1 reward per character, regardless of how many titans you kill. Of course you are encouraged to kill as many titans as possible, otherwise the destruction and fall of Britannian society as we know it at the hands of these elemental invaders will of course be on your hands.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also note it's Per Char, so you gotta drag them all out 1 by 1 to go kill a Titan to get several rewards

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's an "interesting" design. So, basically, a couple of uber characters participating in all invasion, can block everyone else from getting on the list.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now, end of Sunday afternoon I'm a bit happier...

I just traded with a guildmate, 120 wrestle for 4xsdi slayer spellbooks. :)
My wife also just ran me a bubble bath, so I've had a luxury spa session this afternoon...

I think they are trying to keep me in my box, no-one wants to see it when I go ballistic. :mad:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, i've got 3 books so far 1 from captain and 2 from non mage general. All that in under 3 hours of gameplay.
I don't see how that is happening for you guys, none of us are reporting that.
For us, whatever the Mob is wearing, is what he drops.

The Staff guys ie Mages, drop books.

And we are getting tons of drops by the way, we are now dropping weapons all over the floor.

Reactions: Poo

Kabraxis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
That's an "interesting" design. So, basically, a couple of uber characters participating in all invasion, can block everyone else from getting on the list.
I believe that if you have looting rights on the titan you will end up with reward. Correct me if i'm wrong.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree, i've got 3 books so far 1 from captain and 2 from non mage general. All that in under 3 hours of gameplay.
You also get books from healers. I have yet to see a book from a warrior or ranger.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe that if you have looting rights on the titan you will end up with reward. Correct me if i'm wrong.
This has not been confirmed by a dev. I would take my tinker with her golem to the next Titan if thats the case.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be nice if they would be clear on this

If you get looting rights are you on the list Yes or No

Direct question needs a direct answer not a maybe or some other spin

Kabraxis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This has not been confirmed by a dev. I would take my tinker with her golem to the next Titan if thats the case.
Come to think of it, it doesn't make sense.
Top attackers list can be a list of people who have done the most damage on single Titan fight. I would like to speculate that the devs have considered the possibility of a single person being the top attacker on all titans spawned titans.
It would be nice if the top attacker is already in the list, the 2nd best to be included instead. If the 2nd best is also in the list the 3rd best is included etc. And if all are on the list then the overall contribution is calculated just like in champion spawn arties.
But in this case there is no incentive for people to repeat the content. Luckily there are drops from the spawn it's self which imo is incentive enough for people to repeat the said content, but not everyone thinks like me.
All this leads me to believe that is the actual case, and that they are intentionally withholding the details on how you get on the list.

If they did not consider the possibility mentioned above that would have been a big blunder from both developmental and QA stand point.

Would be nice if they would be clear on this

If you get looting rights are you on the list Yes or No

Direct question needs a direct answer not a maybe or some other spin
I believe that they will not disclose this information before the event ends, since the items that drop might not be incentive enough for people to repeat the titan fight. Which will lead to no titan spawns after a certain point in time due to lack of people willing to participate.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so, went out last night with a friend to give the invasion another go.
Sonoma night time crew.
was a total of 5 of us there doing the spawn.
we grind'd on that frick'n invasion for HOURS! (like 3-4 hours continually)

it got to the point where we had to run around the entire city which was now empty just to find 1 or 2 things to kill.

finally it was obvious that the spawn had died.
was very disheartening.

so on a small shard with 5 active player's the spawn couldn't be worked to pop a titan.
i can do a Fel Champ spawn solo but this invasion you need at least a pack of 10 people to invest at least a hour to do a city?

so..... after a couple days when everyone is tired of this how the hell are we gonna do this spawn?

and the spellbooks come off the guys with the staffs (and cast spells).
im not sure what everyone is doing to get spellbooks but ive invested 8 solid hours so far in total and ive gotten 4 books, all of which where garbage and went onto the ground at the bank.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If it seems like there's no spawn....there's spawn...one or two hiding somewhere..trust me we've been through that a few times now on Origin.

4-5 hours of fightin...then 10-15 minutes looking for that one lone straggler that will summon the titan..it's there just gotta find it!