• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Kyronix, @Bleak, Devs should see this..

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...you're missing the point. Likely on purpose. The other group SAID they had fun. In fact, strictly speaking for myself here: some of my favorite moments in UO were at champ spawns.
Please re-read my post. I stipulated that your opponents that time may have enjoyed themselves. However majority of today's UO population would not in those circumstances. I do not think it's fair, nor it's a wise decision population wise to force them to suffer so that PvPers could enjoy themselves.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please re-read my post. I stipulated that your opponents that time may have enjoyed themselves. However majority of today's UO population would not in those circumstances. I do not think it's fair, nor it's a wise decision population wise to force them to suffer so that PvPers could enjoy themselves.
Such suffering.... But why stop there? We can end suffering in Trammel too!
  • Champ Spawns will be replaced with house decoration contests
    • Felucca Dungeons will be cleared out and re imagined. They will honor the Trammel ruleset and be converted into wedding halls. Wedding tokens are purchasable through the UO store
    • Contests would be initiated by two or more players invoking the compassion virtue to challenge the altar which will be placed inside town guard zones in each (Trammel) city
    • Winners of each contest would get twelve 120 scrolls
    • Non winners receive "A Participation Token" redeemable for a special hued holiday gift box!
  • Roof Revisions
    • Virtuebane will be replaced by a vorpal bunny
    • Jou'nar will be replaced by a shade
    • Ozymandias will be replaced by a turkey
    • Anon will be replaced by a giant spider
    • After defeating the legends of Shadowguard, every person in attendance will receive a direct deposit of 1 Platinum and a stuffy dragon statuette
      • Double-click your stuffy, You'll receive a message stating you feel snuggled!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look there is nothing hard about any of the content and despite the claims if figuring the mechanics out and being superior.......... Nothing about any of the content is rocket science to figure out. Every little bit of content works within a set of defined parameters that any moron can figure out in a couple of runs on it. The fel champs are some of the easiest content in and of themselves. That is not the problem here, the problem is the same group of folks or folks with the same mentality that was the cause for tram to be created in the first place. PvP outside of a very few people has never been about PvP it has been about griefing, trash talking, and inflating egos to compensate for what can't be achieved IRL and of course Real Money between RWT the scrolls or selling the gold to buy the scrolls. Making the scrolls available outside of PvP would not hurt the PvPrs in the context of PvP as the same dozen people would bash it out and trash talk each other every night just the same. What would affect are the real dollars (And a whole lot of them since pub 97) in real cash profits. You gotta remember some folks make their real life living farming and duping what is most lucrative atm. Seriously who is going to go out and farm 30-40 mil for a wrestling scroll........... Everyone is going to hit the gold sellers and buy the gold to buy the scroll or simply just drop the $4 on the scroll in the 3rd party store. It always amuses when some of the green gold folks defend the status quo because any change to it would impact their real world profits.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A minimum wage job would earn more per hour than selling power scrolls. I don't think you understand how often good scrolls drop nor how people that pvp play this game. Also, griefing and trash talking are fun. That's why a lot of people play video games. Its easy to see that people get under your skin but you cant make assumptions about making up for "what can't be achieved IRL". If anything, PVPers are spending more on RWT's than they are making.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bring back order/chaos that way those who really want to pvp can pvp in any ruleset. Give the murderers a reprieve for joining allowing them to access anywhere they damn well please with the risk of course of running into oranges anywhere they go. Which is after all what they want the most is "pvp" Not just sit at luna bank all safe and secure and constantly run their mouth in gen chat. That would separate the men from the boys and might make the real "pvpers" happy. Unless that isn't what they actually want. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The whole PS is jacked anyways. Game was much better when skills were capped at 100.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had pvp'd for years from 15 ms to 150 ms. I understand how ping affects pvp in UO. As for the items, it's just any item that is added to the game that can be used in pvp becomes a necessity because the PvPer must have that advantage. I remember how PvPers on my server hated the bolas when they were introduced. They were considered cheap in the beginning by many avid PvPers. Crutches, lame....But people kept using them to gain that advantage and now they seem to be a necessity. Anything to one up the other player. The blessed vanqs back in the day. PvP is about finding the advantage, which goes back to the griefers and gankers at champ spawns. Alot of them aren't looking for a fight, let alone a fair fight. They want the advantage to come away with the goods to profit.
Sounds to me like you haven't pvp'd since 2002, pvp has changed a lot since then. Your argument is just pretty lame, ohh pvpers just try to find every advantage to win.... I mean doesn't everyone who is competitive do the same thing in everything they do?? I am sorry you don't like bolas, there a simple solution its called breaking line of sight. All I know is the trammies 12 years ago didn't cry this much about the powerscroll system when reds actually patrolled the spawns on a daily, whereas, most shards are completely dead and you can get off most spawns unnoticed. I guess they were thicker skinned trammies :heart: that weren't afraid of a little pvp!

Last edited:

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
"Nothing about any of the content is rocket science to figure out."

Except the part about how to get power scrolls without being Pwned by the paid trolls.....

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Such suffering.... But why stop there? We can end suffering in Trammel too!
  • Champ Spawns will be replaced with house decoration contests
    • Felucca Dungeons will be cleared out and re imagined. They will honor the Trammel ruleset and be converted into wedding halls. Wedding tokens are purchasable through the UO store
    • Contests would be initiated by two or more players invoking the compassion virtue to challenge the altar which will be placed inside town guard zones in each (Trammel) city
    • Winners of each contest would get twelve 120 scrolls
    • Non winners receive "A Participation Token" redeemable for a special hued holiday gift box!
  • Roof Revisions
    • Virtuebane will be replaced by a vorpal bunny
    • Jou'nar will be replaced by a shade
    • Ozymandias will be replaced by a turkey
    • Anon will be replaced by a giant spider
    • After defeating the legends of Shadowguard, every person in attendance will receive a direct deposit of 1 Platinum and a stuffy dragon statuette
      • Double-click your stuffy, You'll receive a message stating you feel snuggled!
I never complained about the PvM part of the game being too hard. But nice try attempting to deflect attention from a very lucrative racket PvPers have through limiting access to scrolls. Getting 40M worth of drops from 15 minutes of effort AND getting all those PvMer tears - does not get much better than this, right?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look there is nothing hard about any of the content and despite the claims if figuring the mechanics out and being superior.......... Nothing about any of the content is rocket science to figure out. Every little bit of content works within a set of defined parameters that any moron can figure out in a couple of runs on it.
The fact that people actually CAN'T do that (for whatever reason) says otherwise. It's the same in Final Fantasy 14 - the current endgame raiding content there are 4 Legacy Bosses (from FF5), which received a difficulty upgrade in the form of Savage after 2 weeks (normal version was released on July 4th.) I've been stuck on Deltascape Savage's 2nd fight, Catastrophe, for a few weeks now, to the point that I gave up trying to clear it. Is the fight hard? Nope. The healers and tanks keep screwing up and die to easily avoidable mechanics, usually when the boss is around 50% health.

While both versions of the Catastrophe fight are easy, there is literally NOTHING in UO that comes close to either one in terms of difficulty. Given that there are apparently plenty of morons who can't figure out simple boss mechanics (whatever the game), I'm not sure what to tell you.

Actually, I didn't. The people I mentioned that leave after one wipe are "pvp'ers", with one of them being well-known for rage-logging when he dies. As far as them dying at spawns, I've repeatedly said the following:

1) I don't know when people are doing spawns. You could literally do them all day, and unless you say "Champ is up at whatever spawn", I'm NOT going to come raid you.
2) I don't do solo spawns at all, because working them up bores me...and also because every single one of the bosses can now parry, which makes it take longer than it should for my sampire.

Who's forcing people to pvp? Spawns have been around for 15 years, and I was capable of soloing them 12 years ago. With the gear available today (and I'm talking a simple crafted/imbued suit), they are easier than ever. Do you think people are able to instantly get to every spawn, raid some Trammies, kill them quickly, then start trash-talking in gen chat? They aren't.

I never complained about the PvM part of the game being too hard. But nice try attempting to deflect attention from a very lucrative racket PvPers have through limiting access to scrolls. Getting 40M worth of drops from 15 minutes of effort AND getting all those PvMer tears - does not get much better than this, right?
lolwut? 40m worth of drops in 15 minutes? Yeah, if you get lucky and get a few of the more desirable 120's/volume 3 primers. Which isn't guaranteed. You could do several spawns and not see one. Compare that to, say, Shadowguard. You can do the entire thing (rooms + roof) in an hour and make several times what you could at a Champ Spawn, whether from corpse loot or by getting a Cameo. Which is more profitable? Hint: It's not the Champ Spawns.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last 5 spawns I did I got a total of 2 120's from them, a 120 spellweaving and a 120 archery, zero level three primers, and 2.3 useless skills in pinks. I mean you could earn 40m in a spawn, but I could earn 200m in a 3 minute medusa run.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bring back order/chaos that way those who really want to pvp can pvp in any ruleset. Give the murderers a reprieve for joining allowing them to access anywhere they damn well please with the risk of course of running into oranges anywhere they go. Which is after all what they want the most is "pvp" Not just sit at luna bank all safe and secure and constantly run their mouth in gen chat. That would separate the men from the boys and might make the real "pvpers" happy. Unless that isn't what they actually want. Just my thoughts on the subject.
It's not what they want. They will never admit it, but you can judge by what ideas they support and the ones they hate. You will never hear PvPers asking to completely separate PvMers from PvPers. They want two things:

1. Steady supply of unwilling and unskilled victims (It's much more fun than fighting someone who might kill you).
2. A cushy monopoly on an essential resource.

They like to say that they need powerscrolls to give PvPers something to fight over. I suggested a couple of time to replace powerscrolls with PvP only artefacts. That got zero support. Wonder why...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not what they want. They will never admit it, but you can judge by what ideas they support and the ones they hate. You will never hear PvPers asking to completely separate PvMers from PvPers. They want two things:

1. Steady supply of unwilling and unskilled victims (It's much more fun than fighting someone who might kill you).

They like to say that they need powerscrolls to give PvPers something to fight over. I suggested a couple of time to replace powerscrolls with PvP only artefacts. That got zero support. Wonder why...
1) Actually, no it isn't.
2) Essential? Not really. Only a few scrolls could be considered essential for the vast majority of the playerbase, and most of them aren't expensive, even for the 120's. Here's a few of the cheap ones off the top of my head: Throwing, Macing, Swords, Fencing, Taming/Lore. Outside of Taming/Lore for the higher end pets (or leveled to 5-slot), you don't need ANY to pvm.
2a) Again, what monopoly? The days of ghost cams are long gone. People have to check spawns (and there are plenty of t2a spawns you can choose from. You don't HAVE to do dungeons/despise), and most shards are "dead", making it easy to farm scrolls and eat them/transfer to Atl to sell them. If you can't find one of those shards, I don't know what to tell you.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Considering pvpers just pvp at yew gate 24/7 against other skilled pvpers, for literally no reason other then to pvp. As a pvper I have zero bias against killing another player whether he is a crafter, miner, pvp god, fisher, or a pirate, I plan on attempting to kill them. Your artifact idea was just a terrible idea maybe that was the reason why no one supported it??? I mean EVERY new content is an artifact reward system, come up with something new.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Aren't there about 18 Fel Champion spawn locations on every shard where you can get Power Scrolls?

Are people here seriously trying to suggest that every spawn on shard in-game is "protected by paid PVPers"? That's simply not the case. Not even on Atlantic.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Everyone has access to the exact same game. Just because you either suck at pvp or choose not to do it doesn't mean you aren't able to do it. Anyway, the whole narrative that you can't get your own scrolls unless you pvp is nonsense, and everyone knows it. Countless pvm only players (myself included) have been getting our own scrolls for like a decade. You just don't want to learn how to do it, or risk your... what, bandages? Insurance money? You know I do agree, "risk vs reward" IS a lie... you don't risk anything of consequence trying to get these scrolls yourself.

Furthermore this whole post is silly. People are camping despise, far and away the easiest champ spawn?!? You don't say! Try one that isn't the games #1 pvp hotspot...

I closing, I'll say what I always say, If you aren't willing to accept the risk of getting attacked/killed then you need to accept that you won't get the reward without paying for it, and if you aren't willing to work for the scrolls or work at something else to earn the gold to buy them, then you don't deserve them.
We don't play on a dead shard.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
drcossack I believe it was you who saw my sampire doing despise several months ago.. I had just returned from a short (6 months) medical "vacation" but noone knew that at the time... normally you would attack me but for some reason you didnt that day and let me finish the spawn solo. After I had finished you saw me in luna and made some suggestions to improve my gear.. even took me to your place and helped me upgrade the suit (i still use those pieces) It is one of the reasons I still play LS... its all about helping others improve their game! Our players on LS have a drive to help others improve to make it more a competitive server. This is the best part of the game. If one is willing to listen and take advice there are others that are willing to teach!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't this the point of the game?

It's like complaining the goalkeeper is using his hands and loitering by the posts.....

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't play on a dead shard.
Yeah, you do. All shards outside of Atlantic are fairly dead, certainly dead enough to get your own scrolls. I 100% guarantee there are people on your shard that are not pvpers who do spawns, and regularly. The OP is complaining about despise being camped, as if it isn't the easiest and most visited spawn in the game. Might want to put in a little more effort than the very least possible, like hit up deceit, or one of the islh spawns you have to run to a bit.

Also, I did get raided on my dead shard, and when *I* died I actually lost my suit... never stopped me and I got many, many scrolls.

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
drcossack I believe it was you who saw my sampire doing despise several months ago.. I had just returned from a short (6 months) medical "vacation" but noone knew that at the time... normally you would attack me but for some reason you didnt that day and let me finish the spawn solo. After I had finished you saw me in luna and made some suggestions to improve my gear.. even took me to your place and helped me upgrade the suit (i still use those pieces) It is one of the reasons I still play LS... its all about helping others improve their game! Our players on LS have a drive to help others improve to make it more a competitive server. This is the best part of the game. If one is willing to listen and take advice there are others that are willing to teach!
Gotta admit, I don't remember that. But it definitely sounds like something I'd do.

tbh, I don't usually attack people who I know aren't pvp'ers...but that depends on my mood too (years ago, I would've killed you no questions asked and probably bragged about it...but I grew up.) Anyway. I was one of the guys who needed help, especially when I came back after 9 years: The core of the game hadn't changed, but there was so much new stuff that I had no idea what was going on - imbuing, reforging, Shame loot, etc.

I know I've commented negatively on the lack of skill players have, even on LS, but it's a matter of perspective too. As someone who has been playing various games (usually console) since I was 3 years old, I figure out how encounters work/general game mechanics fairly quickly. When less efficient methods are used (or people are just flat-out dumb/bad/incapable of listening), I get very frustrated, and people know it. ;)

Yeah, you do. All shards outside of Atlantic are fairly dead, certainly dead enough to get your own scrolls. I 100% guarantee there are people on your shard that are not pvpers who do spawns, and regularly. The OP is complaining about despise being camped, as if it isn't the easiest and most visited spawn in the game. Might want to put in a little more effort than the very least possible, like hit up deceit, or one of the islh spawns you have to run to a bit.

Also, I did get raided on my dead shard, and when *I* died I actually lost my suit... never stopped me and I got many, many scrolls.
I do too (LS), and I'm well aware of it. Could I do spawns or Harrowers on Atl and not get raided? More than likely, but I know it wouldn't be very many. I'm in a guild with 2 other people. If someone on Atl decides to raid us (let's say HOT), it'd likely be with AT LEAST 3x our numbers, and we'd lose the spawn for sure. It's just not worth doing them there.

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PVP is dead because Mesanna and her team do not care about the PVP community. Prior to the taming publish pvpers requested more testing to make sure the taming publish wasn't going to break pvp, within a couple weeks of the patch going live most people quit. I understand most people don't like pvpers because they are egotistical and a little childish in gen chat, but not all pvpers are like that. Honestly, we deserve fel content too! We've seen countless publishes including an entire expansion bringing new content to trammel rule set, since the implementation of VVV (our last fel content). Either way I've never seen fel so dead on even the most populated servers, so it may be a little to late.
PvP is dead because of some of the attitude of some players who think they're better than most who feel with their trash talk cutting others down makes them feel superior. Seriously lets put the blame where it should be not with Mesanna and crew, not with the trammel players, or with the legit felucca players. Messanna and crew could only do so much adding content is not going to magicially bring players to fel hasn't in the past so why would it now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He is just a big soft Teddy Bear isn't he.

In reality he probably disconnected and wasn't really there at the time. He is helpful in game tho. All of the vocal PvPers on LS are helpful when they want to be.

Shouldn't you be training a pet.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP is dead because of some of the attitude of some players who think they're better than most who feel with their trash talk cutting others down makes them feel superior. Seriously lets put the blame where it should be not with Mesanna and crew, not with the trammel players, or with the legit felucca players. Messanna and crew could only do so much adding content is not going to magicially bring players to fel hasn't in the past so why would it now.
What has been added to Fel since, well, 2002? VvV? Three new champ spawns, one of which is also in Tram? Shame and Wrong revamp, which are also in Tram? Wow, so enticing. VvV hasn't been touched in 3 years. The Dragon Turtle spawn is virtually untouched in Tram, and it's even less active in Fel.

What content has Tram-ruleset received? The entire Ter Mur facet, Ilshenar, Tokuno, Exodus encounter, the Despise revamp, Shadowguard, this global event arc, the Underwater boss quest chain/encounter, everything else in Eodon - the tribe quests, Myrmidex Queen, Zippy, and more.

Powerscrolls didn't add people to Fel? Huh? Back in the day, spawns were active 24/7, and there was always a fight. The reason they aren't now? Population is part of it, to be sure. But the major reason: Scrolls were first released in 2002. It's 2017. Everyone has them for all the characters they're ever going to make; if they don't, they can just buy them. The only reasons to do spawns now are: a) a fight b) Volume 3 primers c) scrolls for pets.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When is the last time you pvped? The last time we got content in fel, was VVV in the fall of 2014 and activity was really high. Almost every shard had people participating for months after, till basically all the rewards became pointless to farm. I am sure you pvped during that time period, and are an expert on how active VVV was during that time. (probably never even been in a vvv town in your uo career)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People talk about fel players trash talking.

All i have to say about that is, it used to be when you kill someone, all you hear is 00o0o0o for a reason. However Messana thought it fit to allow players to continue to talk in GC even when dead... Might aswell just allow people to continue to hit and cast spells when dead...

No escape from blues...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seem to remember my crew on LS doing a public harrower a few weeks ago to let the tram pvmers get scrolls. And we were there to stop any intruders from other shards just incase. Ive personally done this on a few shards in my time in UO. I also don't have issues teaching people how to fight and defend as long as they are willing to listen.

As far as binding powerscrolls, Ive always said that it should've been setup to go directly to 120.
40 105s = 120
25 110S= 120
10 115S= 120
Something to that effect, amount could vary a bit. the whole binding 10 105 to get 1, 110 is ridiculous.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It look strange to me, i play on atl, and i do spawns (despise included) in 2 (me and a friend) everyday, and its so rare get raided (it's like 1 time in 5 to get a raid)

so if you go to a spawn 5 times, and kill the boss, win the ps's and artifacts 4 times, and got raid 1 time, look ok to me.

Maybe you guys crying are just killing the spawn so slow to give time to the raid appear?

ps, i ping 210ms

Last edited:

Blitzkrieg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont understand the problem. Powerscrolls aren't worth much. NOTHING compared to the value of the Shadowguard drops. If you dont want to do the fel spawns, do something else and just buy them!

If you DO manage to actually get murdered in Felucca, what, exactly, did you lose? 6k in insurance money? 8 heal potions? Whoopty doo!
You risk absolutely nothing in coming to fel and running spawns. You may even have fun! Imagine that!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Started up on Pac. 6 days ago and did not transfer any scrolls in. 48 120s in 6 days farming them myself. And a load of 105-115s that will make another 7-8 120s once I make some scroll binders. I personally like running spawns solo and am very good at avoiding *The Fight* Scrolls have never been even a remote problem for me since they were brought into game. I do buy some as it never fails, I will have 20 mystics when I need 1 mage or resist and it is a guarantee if I need it....... it won't drop... until I buy it and them I will get 3 in a row.

Not everyone enjoys the thrill of fel, in fact the vast majority don't and the vast majority of new players coming in won't. Some will try UO PvP and for various reasons never look at it again. A few will download the stuff to enhance their PvP and join the ranks of trash talkers. But really not many people are going to want to deal with the crap in fel.

Bottom line is keeping scrolls in fel has hurt the game and will continue to hurt the game going forward. It has always been a sore point and has became a festering sore since pub 97.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When is the last time you pvped? The last time we got content in fel, was VVV in the fall of 2014 and activity was really high. Almost every shard had people participating for months after, till basically all the rewards became pointless to farm. I am sure you pvped during that time period, and are an expert on how active VVV was during that time. (probably never even been in a vvv town in your uo career)
I always said I don't pvp, but I was in Factions TB was before VVV was even added to UO I helped guard sigals helped heal others layed down fields to keep the enemy out of the faction base maybe once in awhile cast spells on the enemy. You don't need to be a pvper to have fun in fel. Your right I never did VVV main reason is I was against getting special items when Factions was removed my love for that part of fel died.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What has been added to Fel since, well, 2002? VvV? Three new champ spawns, one of which is also in Tram? Shame and Wrong revamp, which are also in Tram? Wow, so enticing. VvV hasn't been touched in 3 years. The Dragon Turtle spawn is virtually untouched in Tram, and it's even less active in Fel.

What content has Tram-ruleset received? The entire Ter Mur facet, Ilshenar, Tokuno, Exodus encounter, the Despise revamp, Shadowguard, this global event arc, the Underwater boss quest chain/encounter, everything else in Eodon - the tribe quests, Myrmidex Queen, Zippy, and more.

Powerscrolls didn't add people to Fel? Huh? Back in the day, spawns were active 24/7, and there was always a fight. The reason they aren't now? Population is part of it, to be sure. But the major reason: Scrolls were first released in 2002. It's 2017. Everyone has them for all the characters they're ever going to make; if they don't, they can just buy them. The only reasons to do spawns now are: a) a fight b) Volume 3 primers c) scrolls for pets.
VVV was added in 2002 ?
the abyss has a fel champ spawn
ya power scrolls added people til the jerks ran them out. but adding more content to fel is not going to magically get players into fel that will not go there for the content.Thats what happens is tram and tram related faucets get the new content Hopefully adding powerscrolls to pets will get the champ spawns active again but I doubt will bring trammel players to fel to do them.once factions was removed I started mainly doing Idocs in tram or fel.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VVV was added in 2002 ?
the abyss has a fel champ spawn
ya power scrolls added people til the jerks ran them out. but adding more content to fel is not going to magically get players into fel that will not go there for the content.Thats what happens is tram and tram related faucets get the new content Hopefully adding powerscrolls to pets will get the champ spawns active again but I doubt will bring trammel players to fel to do them.once factions was removed I started mainly doing Idocs in tram or fel.
That's literally not what I said.

Timeline of content exclusively available in Fel:

2002: Powerscrolls.
2009: Abyssal Infernal and Primeval Lich spawns.
2014: VvV.

Again: There is no current monopoly on PS's on ANY shard. With the current population, several are "dead" where pvp is concerned, which allows you to farm them wherever you want. You can even do this on Atlantic, although you WILL get raided if you're dumb enough to try farming Despise.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Again: There is no current monopoly on PS's on ANY shard. With the current population, several are "dead" where pvp is concerned, which allows you to farm them wherever you want. You can even do this on Atlantic, although you WILL get raided if you're dumb enough to try farming Despise.
kinda confused me with What has been added to Fel since, well, 2002? VvV?
sorry didnt mean to apply what you said.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i did some despise runs in atl, isn't that hard.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and I don't doubt it. But doing, say, 10 in a row? You'll get raided for sure.
Why should i do 10 in a roll? the year have 365 days 24h each day, 1 coon = 20 min , why don'to you do 10 coons 1 every 2 hours or so?

Why should i try go alone in a spawn (group area projected) in primetime?

Some guys got raided because they don't want turn the brain on.

If it's primetime i go with a group to play and do pvp ( i love pvp, its the only aspect of the game i really love the real open pvp) for pve i play wow.

if it's on a right time i do solo without problem.

This game is a MMO, near all mechanics are projected to be made in groups (shadowguard, doom, spawns) if you want do solo its ok because its a sandbox game, but have the risk involved in it.

Solo a spawn in primetime is like try solo a raid mythic projected to 20 man in wow, doesn't work, and if work is because you hit a jackpot.

want solo things, want have no friends, its the player right, but force everything to be changed just because you cant "win" the game, the way you want sound lame to me.

Can anyone do 10 shadowguard solo in a row without need redo the quest?

Its like i don't want share doom bosses, put a dark father respawn inside my castle to i kill always when i want.

Last edited:

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks like the need for PS will not stop real soon. Supply and demand are not balanced right now, and chances are it will stay that way for a while. The idea of learning a new skill "PVP" or "PK" or learn what to do when attacked is interesting. However the game is so complex already.... IMO PVPing is not a skill, its an attitude, a state of mind : Think of it ..After all it is only a game right? Wrong -- PKing someone to steal hours of work and effort. Is this action dysfunctional, pervert, low-life activity of is it daring?
I guess its the only way for some people to have fun?

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like the need for PS will not stop real soon. Supply and demand are not balanced right now, and chances are it will stay that way for a while. The idea of learning a new skill "PVP" or "PK" or learn what to do when attacked is interesting. However the game is so complex already.... IMO PVPing is not a skill, its an attitude, a state of mind : Think of it ..After all it is only a game right? Wrong -- PKing someone to steal hours of work and effort. Is this action dysfunctional, pervert, low-life activity of is it daring?
I guess its the only way for some people to have fun?
Lol! Classic!!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It look strange to me, i play on atl, and i do spawns (despise included) in 2 (me and a friend) everyday, and its so rare get raided (it's like 1 time in 5 to get a raid)

so if you go to a spawn 5 times, and kill the boss, win the ps's and artifacts 4 times, and got raid 1 time, look ok to me.

Maybe you guys crying are just killing the spawn so slow to give time to the raid appear?

ps, i ping 210ms
I think a lot of the people who complain rarely if ever actually set foot in fel, and are relying on a lot of assumptions. Assumptions like every spawns is camped by reds 24/7, and every spawn will get raided, and pvpers in fel are unbeatable... etc. They have decided though bias rather than through experience that they cannot do something, and are somehow being wronged because of it.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Aren't there about 18 Fel Champion spawn locations on every shard where you can get Power Scrolls?

Are people here seriously trying to suggest that every spawn on shard in-game is "protected by paid PVPers"? That's simply not the case. Not even on Atlantic.
You sure you don't need me to get you a new keyboard.. lately your text has been kinda wonky, all disproportionate in size, or all caps and stuff.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP is dead because of some of the attitude of some players who think they're better than most who feel with their trash talk cutting others down makes them feel superior.
If immature people were the death of pvp... there would only be single player video games.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have been doing champ spawns for awhile. Yes i get raided about 30 percent of time more when I am hard headed and try to sneak backdays when a guild is watching the spawn. I have also had days where I play all day at spawns and noone has bothered me. I do get frustrated but it is part of the game; I start laughing when I see them because well yes.... They are going to kill me. They are many we are few blah blah blah. I would much rather see a little bump in the useful scrolls drop. I can not stand the roof encounter so I buy cameos for those that put in the work. Anyone who has met me in game knows without a doubt I do not know how to PVP but i do champ spawns on atlantic and get power scrolls; just ones i dont need lol.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If there is no monopoly, anybody can do it anytime, anywhere, as much as they want to, it should not make any difference if the scrolls are added to Ilsh, should it? Why are PvPers having such a problem with expanding access to a resource that according to them is already widely accessible?

I am on a lesser populated shard. On one hand it's difficult to get a group of skilled players. On the other hand it's not Atl, so I should not get raided unless I farm Despise, right? Well, I get raided often enough to make an endeavor not worth it while trying to spawn at random sites in Lost Lands. Even if the PvP groups don't have cams at every site, it takes 10 minutes to run through every site, and they do do it. But hey, It was not me who just lost an hour of effort after a long work day and signed off in disgust. I must be hallucinating. Or I must be stupid. Or unwilling to use common sense, right?

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is no monopoly, anybody can do it anytime, anywhere, as much as they want to, it should not make any difference if the scrolls are added to Ilsh, should it? Why are PvPers having such a problem with expanding access to a resource that according to them is already widely accessible?

I am on a lesser populated shard. On one hand it's difficult to get a group of skilled players. On the other hand it's not Atl, so I should not get raided unless I farm Despise, right? Well, I get raided often enough to make an endeavor not worth it while trying to spawn at random sites in Lost Lands. Even if the PvP groups don't have cams at every site, it takes 10 minutes to run through every site, and they do do it. But hey, It was not me who just lost an hour of effort after a long work day and signed off in disgust. I must be hallucinating. Or I must be stupid. Or unwilling to use common sense, right?
So you have three options I can see 1. Keep trying to sneak off spawns and get raided, logging off in disgust. 2. Learn to defend your spawn. 3. Stay in tram and farm shadowguard for powerscroll money. Whatever shard your on there is no monopoly you have the same access and the same competition as everyone else on every other shard. So yes the spawning system is widely accessible and you can spawn anytime and as much as you want*

*Beware You May Log Off In Disgust