• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Kyronix, @Bleak, Devs should see this..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This behavior is of concern : Trolling the spawns legally to make illegal profits? Please note this post ..

The seller of power scroll hired players to patrol the spawns and stop other players from getting ps. I have seen a couple times they work very late at despise, fighting other players until server down.[/QUOTE]

Although this behavior is legal per game rules so far, it is easily unethical and damaging to the game. I I wew the devs of the game or the main pple I would want to eliminate this behavior and SPITE al these CROOKS, by putting 120 PS in Lev 7 T-maps, and lower PS in lev 4 and lev 5 T-MAp boxes. I would make sure the Devs and Messana are aware of this behavior and gthis post specifically. I think this is a real issue and it needs to be addressed, and would tend to ELIMINATE the Trolls terrorizing the spawns, increase and revitalize T-Hunting, and it is something that needs to be done soon. Maybe this will also tend to stabilize the economy of the game that has been changed due to the new pet system.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Been that way on GLs for as long as I can remember... hence my fighting hard against making the ((&$(@&$()* THINGS shardbound... it would be IMPOSSIBLE for anyone on GLs to get scrolls.... period.

BC used to "own" fel no one could do anything in Fel without either paying them to allow you to (and even then they would sometimes have thieves come steal your 120's anyway , so much for paid protection).... then it was DC... and such and so on and so forth... got old fast quit doing champs on GLs.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only thing I disagree with you about in this is the shard bound, I think it would have the opposite effect on most shards as they are farmed primarily to x shard to Atl and for the green gold guys.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
seriously people need to stop crying about other people being more successful at this game by simply working together as a group. Just get a group of your own large enough to do spawns and defend them or learn how to solo spawns quickly enough as to avoid being raided.

Of course it sucks when you can't get 120s yourself but why come crying to the devs about it when you could just as well get a bunch of people to play together to achieve whatever you want? This is an MMO after all. If you can't pvp or don't want to then befriend people who do and get them to help you.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ROFLMAO Why not just put PS on town NPC vendors for 1 gp, hey why not just give them away. I mean we are all ENTITLED to power scrolls arent we? I mean I PAY MY FEES. For the love of the great one above * just shakes head*

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Although I dislike the concept of people being paid just to troll other players... they technically aren't breaking any game rules so there is no need to try punishing them for it. How is a developer or GM supposed to distinguish between a paid troll, and some random guy that hangs out at spawns and kills people because it's the only pvp he can find and he likes pvp? It's impossible.

I like the idea of adding powerscrolls to treasure hunting, but I would say only 105's and 110's should be possible to get from treasure hunting. Adding 120's to treasure hunting would kill all incentive to ever do a champion spawn ever again because treasure hunting is so much easier than fighting through an entire spawn. No more incentive to do spawns, causes Felucca to become even more dead than it already is and takes away half the pvp left in the game, which is defending spawns. Without that pvp, there really isn't much for pvp'ers to do anymore so they would quit and UO would have no pvp community left.

On the other hand, Trammel players who have lots of time to play but hate Felucca, could just collect all the 105 and 110 scrolls from treasure hunting, and combine them into a 120 with scroll binders. It should take longer and be more work to get a 120 the safe way, with no risk whatsoever of losing it due to being in Trammel, but this does make it possible to get them at least.

If that happened I think they should also make 115's and 120's spawn more often than they do now in champion spawns. Make it like a 10% chance to get a 105, 20% chance to get a 110, 40% chance to get a 115 and 30% chance to get a 120.

With this idea doing spawns in Felucca would give you a significantly larger chance of getting 115's and 120's, as it should be, due to the risk vs. reward factor to keep the pvp'ers happy, but it would also allow Trammel players to build their own 120's through scroll binders.

Also I'm not really sure why this thread is in the UO Tamer forum when this has nothing to do with taming.... I can move it to Uhall for you instead if you want, the developers are more likely to see it there too.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How is a developer or GM supposed to distinguish between a paid troll, and some random guy that hangs out at spawns and kills people because it's the only pvp he can find and he likes pvp? It's impossible.
Felucca is dead because of the "PvPers". And by PVPer i mean the griefers and gankers. They aren't killing people at spawns because it's the only PvP they can find, they do it because its easy gold and kills and they can feel better about themselves by trash talking in general the trammel pvmers they just killed. People left felucca for a reason and didn't go back. If these "PvPers" wanted PvP they wouldn't come into a situation almost always outnumbering anyone doing the spawn and waiting for engagement til their targets were vulnerable. Ganking yes,Pvping no.

"PvPers" have wanted tamers nerfed out of existence since early on in the game. So, give players an alternative means to get 110 scrolls. "PvPers" wouldn't have to worry about icky tamers and their ALL KILL NO SKILL pets.

As for fixing pvp, get rid of VvV, put something like factions back in. I want peace back in my Ocllo.

(Not all PvPers are gankers and griefers, just every single one *I've* seen in the past couple years on my home shard).

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Although I dislike the concept of people being paid just to troll other players... they technically aren't breaking any game rules so there is no need to try punishing them for it. How is a developer or GM supposed to distinguish between a paid troll, and some random guy that hangs out at spawns and kills people because it's the only pvp he can find and he likes pvp? It's impossible.

I like the idea of adding powerscrolls to treasure hunting, but I would say only 105's and 110's should be possible to get from treasure hunting. Adding 120's to treasure hunting would kill all incentive to ever do a champion spawn ever again because treasure hunting is so much easier than fighting through an entire spawn. No more incentive to do spawns, causes Felucca to become even more dead than it already is and takes away half the pvp left in the game, which is defending spawns. Without that pvp, there really isn't much for pvp'ers to do anymore so they would quit and UO would have no pvp community left.

On the other hand, Trammel players who have lots of time to play but hate Felucca, could just collect all the 105 and 110 scrolls from treasure hunting, and combine them into a 120 with scroll binders. It should take longer and be more work to get a 120 the safe way, with no risk whatsoever of losing it due to being in Trammel, but this does make it possible to get them at least.

If that happened I think they should also make 115's and 120's spawn more often than they do now in champion spawns. Make it like a 10% chance to get a 105, 20% chance to get a 110, 40% chance to get a 115 and 30% chance to get a 120.

With this idea doing spawns in Felucca would give you a significantly larger chance of getting 115's and 120's, as it should be, due to the risk vs. reward factor to keep the pvp'ers happy, but it would also allow Trammel players to build their own 120's through scroll binders.

Also I'm not really sure why this thread is in the UO Tamer forum when this has nothing to do with taming.... I can move it to Uhall for you instead if you want, the developers are more likely to see it there too.
I disagree with moving this thread, since this is where it belongs IMO. This is affecting tamers and their pets and their bank accounts, and it is a part of the new pet system. The game needs new blood, new people, increased popularity not grief of the people trying to re-start tamers.
The real solution is to:
1> Allow the grievers their perverse pleasure of harassing and killing other players not interested in pvp, and causing the usual pain with robbing them of HOURS of work. But also :
2> Allow pets to use DIFFERENT PS that would ONLY work on PETS, and can be obtained in placed other than murderland, or non-consensual PK land. Different ways could be : Lev 5-6-7 T-Boxes, and boss type creatures, DH, MEL, Abyss bosses, etc..

I think you need to please the majority of players and not the few PKers. You need to think about the future of the game as a whole and not the PK profiteers IMHO..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Ok.. whatever works best I guess, just make a copy of it to the uhall. I think it really concerns the new tamers a lot, and that we visit this thread here pretty often..

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok.. whatever works best I guess, just make a copy of it to the uhall. I think it really concerns the new tamers a lot, and that we visit this thread here pretty often..
The thread has been moved to Uhall with a one month redirect, so for the next month it will be in both the Tamers forum and Uhall. That's the closest I could get to duplicating it. Hopefully it helps :)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you get trammel, stygian abyss, malas, jap lands, you get your own dungeons, you get time of legends (roof, turtle spawn) You get a global event that is only in trammel, You get town buffs, You get 90 precent of em events, you get item insurance, and countless other things....

and yet you still want more?

Get a group together, learn to defend. You do not have to be good at pvp to defend baracoon. learn to field and hold a choke point. You dont have to kill them to win, you just have to hold the spawn.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you get trammel, stygian abyss, malas, jap lands, you get your own dungeons, you get time of legends (roof, turtle spawn) You get a global event that is only in trammel, You get town buffs, You get 90 precent of em events, you get item insurance, and countless other things....

and yet you still want more?

Get a group together, learn to defend. You do not have to be good at pvp to defend baracoon. learn to field and hold a choke point. You dont have to kill them to win, you just have to hold the spawn.
Hehe just like PvPrS get trammel, stygian abyss, malas, jap lands, you get your own dungeons, you get time of legends (roof, turtle spawn) You get a global event that is only in trammel, You get town buffs, You get 100 precent of em events, you get item insurance, and countless other things.... and as a added bonus control of the spawns on most shards :)

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree that this cannot and should not be done through GM interaction.

I like the idea of adding powerscrolls to treasure hunting, but I would say only 105's and 110's should be possible to get from treasure hunting. Adding 120's to treasure hunting would kill all incentive to ever do a champion spawn ever again because treasure hunting is so much easier than fighting through an entire spawn.
T-mapping scrolls is probably is not the best idea, but limiting them to 105s and 110s is just worthless. Do you see anyone grinding Ilsh spawns to in order to get masteries? Same reason - it would take years of grinding to get what you need. It's just not worth the effort. Here's a radical idea - how about adding scrolls to Ilsh spawns (at normal drop rate). This will keep people insentivized to do spawns.

No more incentive to do spawns, causes Felucca to become even more dead than it already is and takes away half the pvp left in the game, which is defending spawns. Without that pvp, there really isn't much for pvp'ers to do anymore so they would quit and UO would have no pvp community left.
To put this another way - currently Felluca is being kept alive by forcing PvMers to be victimized by PvPers. Remove the reason for PvMers to go to Fel and all of a sudden PvP is dead and Fel is dead. This is not about griefing, right? I, personally, would not miss Fel at all. I would give up my castle and jump to a PvM only server in a nanosecond if such possibility existed. I don't really see why my enjoyment of the game should be traded for keeping PvP alive and Fel busy.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Felucca is dead because of the "PvPers". And by PVPer i mean the griefers and gankers. They aren't killing people at spawns because it's the only PvP they can find, they do it because its easy gold and kills and they can feel better about themselves by trash talking in general the trammel pvmers they just killed. People left felucca for a reason and didn't go back. If these "PvPers" wanted PvP they wouldn't come into a situation almost always outnumbering anyone doing the spawn and waiting for engagement til their targets were vulnerable. Ganking yes,Pvping no.

"PvPers" have wanted tamers nerfed out of existence since early on in the game. So, give players an alternative means to get 110 scrolls. "PvPers" wouldn't have to worry about icky tamers and their ALL KILL NO SKILL pets.

As for fixing pvp, get rid of VvV, put something like factions back in. I want peace back in my Ocllo.

(Not all PvPers are gankers and griefers, just every single one *I've* seen in the past couple years on my home shard).
PVP is dead because Mesanna and her team do not care about the PVP community. Prior to the taming publish pvpers requested more testing to make sure the taming publish wasn't going to break pvp, within a couple weeks of the patch going live most people quit. I understand most people don't like pvpers because they are egotistical and a little childish in gen chat, but not all pvpers are like that. Honestly, we deserve fel content too! We've seen countless publishes including an entire expansion bringing new content to trammel rule set, since the implementation of VVV (our last fel content). Either way I've never seen fel so dead on even the most populated servers, so it may be a little to late.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and as a added bonus control of the spawns on most shards :)
All it takes is one useful character (some templates don't even "need" powerscrolls lol) on each shard... Oh and more importantly, the will to learn basic pvp.... The latter is why non/anti-pvpers don't want anything to do with it..

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
All it takes is one useful character (some templates don't even "need" powerscrolls lol) on each shard... Oh and more importantly, the will to learn basic pvp.... The latter is why non/anti-pvpers don't want anything to do with it..
I think you entirely missed his point. PvPers are able to choose to engage in all content for all the potential rewards either via PvP or not, it is entirely their choice they don't have to play the twisted mind game the Devs call "Risk vs Reward" (which is a lie anyways). These options are strictly limited by their choices and actions in game and additions such as forged pardons, VvV etc. are able to soften the blow or allow PvPers to mitigate the risk of going Red and being blocked from content. PvMers do not have that option, they have access to all the same content but access to the same potential rewards means their choice to PvP or not in some cases is taken away. There is no magic item drop that allows PvMers to get access to 120's via game play without giving up the ability to opt out of PvP like there is for PvPers who turn red allowing them to get access back to all the PvM content.

There is a reason outside of EvE and UO, no open world sandbox MMO has survived and flourished with non-consensual PvP long term. PvPers are their own worst enemies in these types of games, their comes a point where they drive off people and the only solution is to play the carrot on a stick game which leads to more exodus.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hehe just like PvPrS get trammel, stygian abyss, malas, jap lands, you get your own dungeons, you get time of legends (roof, turtle spawn) You get a global event that is only in trammel, You get town buffs, You get 100 precent of em events, you get item insurance, and countless other things.... and as a added bonus control of the spawns on most shards :)
Thats weird, i wasnt aware those facets were made to encourage pvp, an important part of uo's success and continuance, ill be sure to go to the roof and do some pv oh wait. you cant kill players there?

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There's always other alternatives to getting these 120 scrolls... binders anyone? Vendor Search often has the lower end scrolls selling for cheap, you just have to group them up :)

1. 105 scrolls needed to create a 110 power scroll = 8
  2. 110 scrolls needed to create a 115 power scroll = 12
  3. 115 scrolls needed to create a 120 power scroll = 10

Binder.png

Now regarding the scrolls themselves, it's best to keep them in fel. Nothings broken or in need of a change, other than maybe adding the 105's & 110's to Fel Treasure Chests :thumbup:

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You guys... lol, this is meant to be a parody, i think. Celticus is just RPing an effeminate nerd. Good troll, bro.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Yeah PvP is critical to UO becau....... Oh wait it isn't.
Great idea. Let's eliminate pvp from UO entirely and see how quickly the game dies.

Just going back to Time of Legends here:

Who figured out the quickest way to do Shadowguard first? Not the "pure" PvM'ers.
Who figured out how to quickly/easily kill Zippy? Again, not the PvM'ers. I did a few runs with "Trammies" on LS and it was THE most frustrating experience I've ever had in UO. I told them to do something extremely simple (heal my sampire so they got looting rights) and they couldn't even do that, because "their method was better" (attacking it, which caused it to teleport them & re-target. As an added bonus, it got me killed multiple times because of his blue flame AoE.)
Doom revamp: Same as the above two. Wasn't too bad down there except on the Dark Father (early version.)

To put it another way: Who do you think does all the farming? Months ago, when I was doing multiple Shadowguard runs per day on Atl, I saw several people there, many of them known pvp'ers. Same thing applies to Zippy. Does that mean the people who don't pvp can't do either? No, of course not. But they don't do it anywhere near as efficiently as a pvp'er would, nor are they willing (at least on LS) to listen to the more efficient ways of doing the encounters.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea. Let's eliminate pvp from UO entirely and see how quickly the game dies.

Just going back to Time of Legends here:

Who figured out the quickest way to do Shadowguard first? Not the "pure" PvM'ers.
Who figured out how to quickly/easily kill Zippy? Again, not the PvM'ers. I did a few runs with "Trammies" on LS and it was THE most frustrating experience I've ever had in UO. I told them to do something extremely simple (heal my sampire so they got looting rights) and they couldn't even do that, because "their method was better" (attacking it, which caused it to teleport them & re-target. As an added bonus, it got me killed multiple times because of his blue flame AoE.)
Doom revamp: Same as the above two. Wasn't too bad down there except on the Dark Father (early version.)

To put it another way: Who do you think does all the farming? Months ago, when I was doing multiple Shadowguard runs per day on Atl, I saw several people there, many of them known pvp'ers. Same thing applies to Zippy. Does that mean the people who don't pvp can't do either? No, of course not. But they don't do it anywhere near as efficiently as a pvp'er would, nor are they willing (at least on LS) to listen to the more efficient ways of doing the encounters.
Yeah yeah trammies and PvMs suck and PvPs know all LOL never heard that before............ Except everytime a PvP puts fingers to keys.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This behavior is of concern : Trolling the spawns legally to make illegal profits? Please note this post ..

The seller of power scroll hired players to patrol the spawns and stop other players from getting ps. I have seen a couple times they work very late at despise, fighting other players until server down.
Although this behavior is legal per game rules so far, it is easily unethical and damaging to the game. I I wew the devs of the game or the main pple I would want to eliminate this behavior and SPITE al these CROOKS, by putting 120 PS in Lev 7 T-maps, and lower PS in lev 4 and lev 5 T-MAp boxes. I would make sure the Devs and Messana are aware of this behavior and gthis post specifically. I think this is a real issue and it needs to be addressed, and would tend to ELIMINATE the Trolls terrorizing the spawns, increase and revitalize T-Hunting, and it is something that needs to be done soon. Maybe this will also tend to stabilize the economy of the game that has been changed due to the new pet system.[/QUOTE]

Curious, are you talking about players just trying to get the scrolls for themselves(to sell or not), or are you saying that PS dupers are hiring players to block PS from dropping

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL Yeah PvP is critical to UO becau....... Oh wait it isn't.
Just checking, you dont have any sort of logical come back then? Just going to pretend pvp is worthless. Got it.
I can make a list of how pvp is the only thing that actually keeps this game going, and how the "pvpers" bring the game around full cycle.. but ive been down that road too many times.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
PVP is dead because Mesanna and her team do not care about the PVP community. Prior to the taming publish pvpers requested more testing to make sure the taming publish wasn't going to break pvp, within a couple weeks of the patch going live most people quit. I understand most people don't like pvpers because they are egotistical and a little childish in gen chat, but not all pvpers are like that. Honestly, we deserve fel content too! We've seen countless publishes including an entire expansion bringing new content to trammel rule set, since the implementation of VVV (our last fel content). Either way I've never seen fel so dead on even the most populated servers, so it may be a little to late.
And how many people did those "PvPers" cause to quit over the years... There is a reason Trammel was created. There is a reason Trammel flourished and Felucca "died". And it wasn't because of the great things the "PvPers" brought to the game. "PvPers" nearly destroyed the game, if they hadn't created the Trammel ruleset this game would be long dead. That's the fact.

And no not all PvPers are griefers and gankers. But a vast majority are. And they will use any advantage they can get a leg up on an opponent to kill them. Hence the pots, the splinters, the bolas, the PVE and some even cheats. "PvPers" *are* their worst enemies. They don't encourage people to come to Felucca to actually play, just to die. That's why they talk about how bad people are when they die. Smart idea, discourage anyone who tries Felucca pvp.... further drive people away. PvP is a game of ping and macros, maybe 10% skill. Sorry that is the truth. If you don't have the first two, the third will never carry you, because the "skill" is based around ping and macros.

I don't believe in Trammel players being lead to the slaughter for the sake of ganker and griefers entertainment. Who comes home and wants to be frustrated playing a game that is suppose to be an escape. And that is the exact reason the old Felucca ruleset almost killed the game. I have little compassion for a person who finds entertainment in attempting to ruin another person's night.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checking, you dont have any sort of logical come back then? Just going to pretend pvp is worthless. Got it.
I can make a list of how pvp is the only thing that actually keeps this game going, and how the "pvpers" bring the game around full cycle.. but ive been down that road too many times.
Who is pretending?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Who figured out how to quickly/easily kill Zippy?
Because "PvPers" will go to great lengths to get the leg up on their enemies and as fast as possible. They will exploit anything they can in order to kill their enemy. I'm not referring to illegal exploits, just anything that gives an advantage.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a reason outside of EvE and UO, no open world sandbox MMO has survived and flourished with non-consensual PvP long term.
I'm not going to lie... I found that hilarious, you exempt the only two hard examples (that I know of) even though UO is barely an example since trammel is the majority of UO.

You know how many Sandbox/MMOs (both?) that never had non-con-pvp are no longer being updated or perhaps even shut down within the lifespan of Eve and/or UO?

I assure you Powerscrolls & Pvp/ers are not nor have they ever been the problem.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And no not all PvPers are griefers and gankers. But a vast majority are. And they will use any advantage they can get a leg up on an opponent to kill them. Hence the pots, the splinters, the bolas, the PVE and some even cheats.
Bolded first: You do realize that pots, splintering weaps, bolas, and PVE are available to EVERYONE, right? Why are you using those as an excuse?

"PvPers" *are* their worst enemies. They don't encourage people to come to Felucca to actually play, just to die. That's why they talk about how bad people are when they die. Smart idea, discourage anyone who tries Felucca pvp.... further drive people away. PvP is a game of ping and macros, maybe 10% skill. Sorry that is the truth. If you don't have the first two, the third will never carry you, because the "skill" is based around ping and macros.

I don't believe in Trammel players being lead to the slaughter for the sake of ganker and griefers entertainment. Who comes home and wants to be frustrated playing a game that is suppose to be an escape. And that is the exact reason the old Felucca ruleset almost killed the game. I have little compassion for a person who finds entertainment in attempting to ruin another person's night.
Around March, I took a few months hiatus from UO, outside of checking out the pet revamp. I reactivated both accounts a few weeks ago, and had some fights with a group of players that, by their own admission, are not good at pvp. But it was the most fun I had in a while. Do you know why? Because THEY DIDN'T GIVE UP. They died, came back, died again, came back, etc. You want to know what the problem is now? People give up too easily. Wipe them out and they leave.

Because "PvPers" will go to great lengths to get the leg up on their enemies and as fast as possible. They will exploit anything they can in order to kill their enemy. I'm not referring to illegal exploits, just anything that gives an advantage.
Actually, it's because we're not idiots and actually understand game mechanics...or just figure them out MUCH faster than the "Trammies" do.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They died, came back, died again, came back, etc. You want to know what the problem is now? People give up too easily. Wipe them out and they leave.
. So you found a group of players that either enjoyed dying, coming back, dying, coming back, and dying again or were at least willing to tolerate thing. You yourself had the most fun in awhile killing them, killing them again, and again and again. I am happy for you.
What about those of us, who do not want to die, and die, and die, so that you could have your fun? You think maybe this is the real problem?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
. So you found a group of players that either enjoyed dying, coming back, dying, coming back, and dying again or were at least willing to tolerate thing. You yourself had the most fun in awhile killing them, killing them again, and again and again. I am happy for you.
What about those of us, who do not want to die, and die, and die, so that you could have your fun? You think maybe this is the real problem?
there are plenty of other ways to achieve powerscrolls. You can do your pvm and get any number of items to trade for a powerscroll or sell then buy one.

Or you can get 5 tamers together, learn how to field and cross heal and own despise over and over again.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...you're missing the point. Likely on purpose. The other group SAID they had fun. In fact, strictly speaking for myself here: some of my favorite moments in UO were at champ spawns.

If you don't want to get wiped out over and over by a group of pvp'ers, nobody cares, and you don't have to. But that doesn't mean you can't do spawns. Get a couple sampires together and you can do each Fel spawn (except Oaks) done in 15-20 minutes.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to mention this whole debate will be done in less than a year because when power scrolls return to a closer to normal price.

I get it, they are hard to get and they are the ones you need for all of your animals. But eventually, history tells us that pretty much everything UO will be farmed to death and killed. So dont worry, not too much longer before they come down in price and you can afford them for all of your new animals.

What really should be grinding your gears are those that knew this would happen because they had "inside" knowledge and purposely bought out all the pscrolls and farmed them for months before the release.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Id like to see @drcossack, @Great DC @CovenantX response to this. lol We can make a video of the slaughter tomorrow.
Well, He's right.

It takes coordination between the tamers and you need at least one competent fielder to trap people.

non-tamers do it all the time already with sync-dumps instead of pets but it's the same thing really, it's one of the reasons numbers make a big difference more often than not, if people listen to whoever calls the shots.

Although, any group (regardless of how many people) that's uncoordinated can lose to a small group of players.

one of the biggest reasons people lose fights, is because they don't cross-heal each other as well. (see gen-chat on atlantic, there's always one guy being trashed about how horrible of an X-healer he is (lol))

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And no not all PvPers are griefers and gankers. But a vast majority are. And they will use any advantage they can get a leg up on an opponent to kill them. Hence the pots, the splinters, the bolas, the PVE and some even cheats. "PvPers" *are* their worst enemies. They don't encourage people to come to Felucca to actually play, just to die. That's why they talk about how bad people are when they die. Smart idea, discourage anyone who tries Felucca pvp.... further drive people away. PvP is a game of ping and macros, maybe 10% skill. Sorry that is the truth. If you don't have the first two, the third will never carry you, because the "skill" is based around ping and macros.
Getting a leg up on the opponent is kind of the whole point of pvp, pots and bolas are legal which are widely used so I don't understand why you have a problem with them. I will let your ignorance slide, but you have zero idea about how ping comes into play in pvp. I've known plenty of people who ping over 150 and do quite well, mainly because they are skilled. I mean you guys can complain all you want about powerscrolls, but Mesanna seemed pretty clear that she has no intention on moving them.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Getting a leg up on the opponent is kind of the whole point of pvp, pots and bolas are legal which are widely used so I don't understand why you have a problem with them. I will let your ignorance slide, but you have zero idea about how ping comes into play in pvp. I've known plenty of people who ping over 150 and do quite well, mainly because they are skilled. I mean you guys can complain all you want about powerscrolls, but Mesanna seemed pretty clear that she has no intention on moving them.
I've had pvp'd for years from 15 ms to 150 ms. I understand how ping affects pvp in UO. As for the items, it's just any item that is added to the game that can be used in pvp becomes a necessity because the PvPer must have that advantage. I remember how PvPers on my server hated the bolas when they were introduced. They were considered cheap in the beginning by many avid PvPers. Crutches, lame....But people kept using them to gain that advantage and now they seem to be a necessity. Anything to one up the other player. The blessed vanqs back in the day. PvP is about finding the advantage, which goes back to the griefers and gankers at champ spawns. Alot of them aren't looking for a fight, let alone a fair fight. They want the advantage to come away with the goods to profit.

"PvPers" need to stop with their superiority complex over people who no longer wish to actively PvP or never did. It's not your game and Trammel players aren't meant to be your prey. Trammel players aren't stupid. A lot of them are casual players even though their playtime might say otherwise. They don't concern themselves about min-maxing, examining mechanics or finding better ways to do things. They do things more socially with friends to enjoy people's company and have fun.

And for the record, I have no problem doing champ spawns in Felucca, but I think there should be more options.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the only thing that matters is the game is somewhat fair. with all the illegally program being used it is not fair and never will be. the use of multi chars has issues too. there's a person using 5 chars that will insta kill u with 5 armor ignores/dismount. i think champs are fine but too easy to do. if u have a vvv person hunts with u in fel, the whole group can end up turning orange and accidently start hitting each other lol. too funny

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"PvPers" need to stop with their superiority complex over people who no longer wish to actively PvP or never did. It's not your game and Trammel players aren't meant to be your prey. Trammel players aren't stupid. A lot of them are casual players even though their playtime might say otherwise. They don't concern themselves about min-maxing, examining mechanics or finding better ways to do things. They do things more socially with friends to enjoy people's company and have fun.
What's better?

A) Listening to a guy who has figured out an entire boss fight (i.e. Zippy) the first time he did it, and doing what he says to make it simple and painless. This method completes the encounter in 10 minutes.

B) Not listening to the person who knows the mechanics of the fight. Because of this, the fight results in repeated deaths, which makes the encounter unnecessarily longer and pisses people off because of the inability to follow simple instructions.

Even for Trammies, there's no reason why they shouldn't do method A, whether they're casual players or not. It has nothing to do with min-maxing...but it does involve a better way to do things. If you know the mechanics (which are easy to learn), there's no reason why you can't farm the **** out of it by using the faster method. As an example: Doom. If you do it the simple way, you can get more artifacts per hour by speeding through the 5 rooms and the Dark Father.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The seller of power scroll hired players to patrol the spawns and stop other players from getting ps. I have seen a couple times they work very late at despise, fighting other players until server down.

So protecting a spawn is considered trolling now... ok.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you entirely missed his point. PvPers are able to choose to engage in all content for all the potential rewards either via PvP or not, it is entirely their choice they don't have to play the twisted mind game the Devs call "Risk vs Reward" (which is a lie anyways).
Everyone has access to the exact same game. Just because you either suck at pvp or choose not to do it doesn't mean you aren't able to do it. Anyway, the whole narrative that you can't get your own scrolls unless you pvp is nonsense, and everyone knows it. Countless pvm only players (myself included) have been getting our own scrolls for like a decade. You just don't want to learn how to do it, or risk your... what, bandages? Insurance money? You know I do agree, "risk vs reward" IS a lie... you don't risk anything of consequence trying to get these scrolls yourself.

Furthermore this whole post is silly. People are camping despise, far and away the easiest champ spawn?!? You don't say! Try one that isn't the games #1 pvp hotspot...

I closing, I'll say what I always say, If you aren't willing to accept the risk of getting attacked/killed then you need to accept that you won't get the reward without paying for it, and if you aren't willing to work for the scrolls or work at something else to earn the gold to buy them, then you don't deserve them.