• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Done ... hehe

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cool it makes one of those thingys.

I like the wave magic wand over the bag part.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*rolleyes* Impossible this man..... really *rolling eyes again and points to the showed pics*

It's not really cool to point this "gay" things out and leaving others back with a sabbermouth in their face and great question marks how this lollylicking man got this now?.....
*mumbles something not so nice to herself with her motherspeech* .....

@Kojak
Dear Kojak....
would you plz plz tell us how to get this and if this have to do with the new arc.
Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
some of the stuff isn't mine to share - I didn't figure out some parts - I have to check with them when they wake up in the morning - sorry

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
SPOILER ALERT

Use spoiler tags lollypop man! ;)

And how did you get the sos to come up? JOAT isn't working for me....trying to train fishing but I am getting nothing to come up....yes I'm going to say this in as many places as possible because I am frustrated :/

And yes Mene it's the final piece to the puzzle.....build it, and they will come ;)

Gratz Kojak!

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will get a message as you fish up the an sos chest that has the staff. I did it with a gm fishing on my 7 sos, the next one was almost 11 sos before I got the staff.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I get that part..what I don't get is A CHEST..or ANYTHING...with just JOAT...trained fishing up to around 40.....still nothing....you fish for awhile but fail to catch anything...4 different sos's......so my JOAT must be broke :/ lol

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You will get a message as you fish up the an sos chest that has the staff. I did it with a gm fishing on my 7 sos, the next one was almost 11 sos before I got the staff.
Does your fisher have to be on the quest to get them?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, and Kojak. I so totally hate you. ;)

Very impressive work to get it done so fast!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Does your fisher have to be on the quest to get them?
Apparently not, seems JOAT is working for everyone but me lol.

Here I am in an SOS spot on my human tamer:

SOSNothing.jpg

Same spot on my fisherman:
(also human but he's got 111 fishing)
FirstTRy.jpg

So I KNOW I'm in the right spot....the people who have finished this part have NO fishing...just JOAT as far as I know but I am getting nothing..no recovered from a shipwreck items or anything....so I'm training fishing on my tamer but apparently you don't need it :/

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a reason you cant fish up the wand on your fisherman and give it to your tamer? Would think you just need to accept the herald's quest and follow that and get Kalen's quest, right/?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does this have to be a new MIB or SOS scroll, or will older prepublish ones work too?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Apparently not, seems JOAT is working for everyone but me lol.

Here I am in an SOS spot on my human tamer:

View attachment 71407

Same spot on my fisherman:
(also human but he's got 111 fishing)
View attachment 71408

So I KNOW I'm in the right spot....the people who have finished this part have NO fishing...just JOAT as far as I know but I am getting nothing..no recovered from a shipwreck items or anything....so I'm training fishing on my tamer but apparently you don't need it :/
where u get that sos? any sos work or should it be from special location as tmap in arc 2?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
where u get that sos? any sos work or should it be from special location as tmap in arc 2?
I got 2 mibs from chests I did earlier and some sos's I already had. I guess you can use any sos but I'm gonna see...got the quest on my fisher so here I go! lol

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 2 mibs from chests I did earlier and some sos's I already had. I guess you can use any sos but I'm gonna see...got the quest on my fisher so here I go! lol
I did it with 2 SOSs from part 2. I'm not sure if that's what does it, but without further experimentation, I would think those are what you need. I just got lucky with it giving it to me on the 2nd one. Both of mine were by Fire Island, so idk if it's a common theme to them, or if it varies based on the dungeon you get the maps from (I got all my maps from Hythloth.)

Ah, right. Everything since part 1 has been done on my human tamer. From what others have said, JOAT will let you use Grant Peace as well - a guy on LS tried it with an elf char and he wasn't able to do it.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did it with 2 SOSs from part 2. I'm not sure if that's what does it, but without further experimentation, I would think those are what you need. I just got lucky with it giving it to me on the 2nd one. Both of mine were by Fire Island, so idk if it's a common theme to them, or if it varies based on the dungeon you get the maps from (I got all my maps from Hythloth.)

Ah, right. Everything since part 1 has been done on my human tamer. From what others have said, JOAT will let you use Grant Peace as well - a guy on LS tried it with an elf char and he wasn't able to do it.
On my 16th pre patch sos I got the drop, so old ones do work.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone fish that up? Or does it need dude with quest? (So my fighter have quest but fisher does not)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I took the quest on my fisher....just have to get as far as going to Mythran's place the second time, get the pagen spellbook and then you can accept Kalen's quest.

I'm down 7 SOS's and nothing yet, 1 more and then all I have left is Ancients...wonder if those will work lol.

Neireid

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, 25 SOS, mix of old and new and nothing. Even selected some in the waters near Vesper. I'm legendary fisher with magery and I am at a loss why UO Gods are not being nice to me. LOL

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finished it as well.

Tear of Seas on the outside, Heart of Earth next, Tongue of Flames on the inside. Obelisk tip at the top, stone cache underneath. It gives "Pagan Titan Slayer" to whatever's equipped in your right hand.

Also, it does NOT require that you're on the quest on other characters, which I just tested with my sampire.

Attachments

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
From what others have said, JOAT will let you use Grant Peace as well - a guy on LS tried it with an elf char and he wasn't able to do it.
Then he did something wrong then. Cause I did is sucessfully on an elf char without Necro. You only need the necro to see what the 'special message' is on the Caretaker Key.. when you double click it it will give you the message about needing necro.. but will also give you the circle target like it does when you go to skin a critter with a blade. Use that circle target to target the pouch with the reagents inside of it.. and boom...

Woah... that's pretty insane. I didn't know Scrappers could be made with double slayer. Let alone getting a Dragon Slayer with some type of other slayer? Far out!
They don't. The Titan Slayer line is added at the end of the quest. Whatever you have equipped at the end of it gets that line added to it.. he just happened to have that Scrappers in hand.... so don't go holding a normal spellbook or a fishing pole lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The slayer property can be put on any weapon and/or spellbook, once every 24 hours.

If you have 20 weapons in your backpack, you can use it 20 times, just not on the same weapon and/or spellbook within that 24 hours

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What tamer should do with that wand?

Also should I do something before fish SOS up? (I have main quest but should I talk / use some items before?)

Last edited:

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question .. I have the Staff of Kalen's apprentice. Now, can I keep fishing them up without turning this one in ? Or does this work like the Zippy quest items, where you can do the quest turn it in and get the same quest right back for the same item ? Does anyone know ? Thank you.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Question .. I have the Staff of Kalen's apprentice. Now, can I keep fishing them up without turning this one in ? Or does this work like the Zippy quest items, where you can do the quest turn it in and get the same quest right back for the same item ? Does anyone know ? Thank you.
Several people have stated that you can do the quest multiple times, which is GREAT news...if I can ever FIND one will I do it again for a friend? HECK NO! LOL but yes you can do it over.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The slayer property can be put on any weapon and/or spellbook, once every 24 hours.

If you have 20 weapons in your backpack, you can use it 20 times, just not on the same weapon and/or spellbook within that 24 hours
What if you're a Bard or a Tamer? Do we have any instruments we can hold yet in UO?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What if you're a Bard or a Tamer? Do we have any instruments we can hold yet in UO?
My tamer holds a spellbook :)

I have many spellbooks...

Anon's Spellbook
Fallen Mystic Spellbook
Reptile Slayer Spellbook
Hallowed Spellbook
Pagen Spellbook :)

And the Scrappers that I actually carry

spellbooks.jpg

Yep yep..many many books.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several people have stated that you can do the quest multiple times, which is GREAT news...if I can ever FIND one will I do it again for a friend? HECK NO! LOL but yes you can do it over.
Excellent. Thank you I will try with the Staff *crosses fingers, heh*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It is in the chest, but a large gump pops on screen when you fish up a chest that contains one. You can't miss the gump.
Thank you very much. Save a lot of digging through junk loot ;)

Grab da gold and trash da rest until the message it is...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone CONFIRM that they have been able to repeat Kalen's Lament and that they received multiple staves?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone CONFIRM that they have been able to repeat Kalen's Lament and that they received multiple staves?
It's even better than that. I took the quest once and never completed it and fished up two staffs. One I gave to my tamer to complete the quest and the other to a guildmate so he could finish the quest.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's even better than that. I took the quest once and never completed it and fished up two staffs. One I gave to my tamer to complete the quest and the other to a guildmate so he could finish the quest.
I got the staff on my second MiB, now going for another and I'm on my..16th? And nothing.

This is yet another ill-conceived grind. Should have made it like the Myrmidex questline no-skill MiB.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can keep fishing up the staff with out turning them in it took me 33 for first then 2 or 3 more for second staff lost count lol

I had to increase the storage of my castle to unload them all :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I turned in the first one grabbed the quest again took me 1 try the first time 6 the second and at least 22 so far time 3 and I still don't have a 3rd.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
what is that kalens lament? Is it quest that i should take before fishing mibs up? or can i just go and try get staff from sos?
Yes it's the quest you should take before fishing up MIBs

However Kalan won't give you the time of day until you begin the actual event arc quest starting with the guys next to the town stones... get the paper read the paper... start questing.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Considering that this is pure RNG, I foresee not getting a staff before part 5 rolls out.
Fun times.
Well, I will sacrifice some 20 sided dices to the RNG gods and hope that tonight they will smile in my favour...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pfft....i'm still on Part 2, trying to get 4 flippin Red candles......

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you build that obelisk? Do you just lock the pieces down? Or does it somehow auto-lock in place?

Info: both the grant peace and summon perhelion spells can be re-cast once per day. The key and the candles are not destroyed by casting, the obsidian, pumice and normal regs are.