• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Done ... hehe

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How do you build that obelisk? Do you just lock the pieces down? Or does it somehow auto-lock in place?

Info: both the grant peace and summon perhelion spells can be re-cast once per day. The key and the candles are not destroyed by casting, the obsidian, pumice and normal regs are.
Simply lock those pieces down I suggest locking down the triangle part first... putting the Tip (green crystal) behind it sort of if you image it's 4 tiles everything but the tip get placed in the lower right... the tip goes in the upper left... then raise most the pieces 4 or 5 times with the tool... then raise the tip up till it is between the V at the top of the Triangular piece... then place the base under it being sure to secure it... nice thing it works as a container... once you have it all locked in place (honestly don't think anything matters really but the tip.... ) then use the tip at the top to impart the Titan slayer property onto your weapon in your hand... this seems to work several times... so no worries.

If you have pictures of the Obelisk that you did with your T-Hunter to get the goods just follow that. It looks pretty well identical when you are done.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can this be used without locking them down - like once it's assembled being used in a secure container? My house is a small legacy 7x7 and doesn't have much floor space. ;)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can this be used without locking them down - like once it's assembled being used in a secure container? My house is a small legacy 7x7 and doesn't have much floor space. ;)
If it's in another container, I don't know. The Obelisk tip does need to be locked down though - you can't use it otherwise. I don't think it'll work though, since you need to raise the parts above the base.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What tamer should do with wand?
If you mean the necro wand(that pops in pack for killing undead on the Skara Brae island) you double click wand(not sure if you need to cast necro spell in pagan Spell book, i did) get a targeting cursor and click on pouch with reagents( Blackmoor and Executioner's cap, i think), also you need to be on skara brae island where you got wand, when you do this. You get Heart of Earth, not sure if you need necro skill, i did it on my necro.

Edit: ok just checked(did on elf tamer)you do not need necro skill at all, and you do not need to cast spell first, just double click wand (you get message, ignore)target pouch and click, the heart of earth appears in pouch.

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you mean the necro wand(that pops in pack for killing undead on the Skara Brae island) you double click wand(not sure if you need to cast necro spell in pagan Spell book, i did) get a targeting cursor and click on pouch with reagents( Blackmoor and Executioner's cap, i think), also you need to be on skara brae island where you got wand, when you do this. You get Heart of Earth, not sure if you need necro skill, i did it on my necro.
You do not need necro at all. The only required skills are GM Tinker/Magery to make the Intervention spell's item.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you build that obelisk? Do you just lock the pieces down? Or does it somehow auto-lock in place?

Info: both the grant peace and summon perhelion spells can be re-cast once per day. The key and the candles are not destroyed by casting, the obsidian, pumice and normal regs are.
I heard that. I need to make those daily then. Thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do not need necro at all. The only required skills are GM Tinker/Magery to make the Intervention spell's item.
Yes, AO didnt have a spellbook in his pack when we were making his.

Must have spellbook with the spell in it. Luckily they made those tradeable.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations Kojak by the way!
I was amazed when I saw this, I'd spent the evening on it, I had hoped to complete that evening also, but couldn't, I did find it quite tough trying to crack it all myself when it first came out.

Then I had to go away a few days, I got back, and it was all so much clearer, myself and a few guildies completed it last night.
I'm relieved I'm done in time, can now relax and just do parts of the Arc for fun, may do a few more trade quests, may do some more tmaps and collect more new items there.

I've enjoyed the whole thing, had never done an SOS before, so got to use a few of my stored MIBS up, I'd never done a solo lvl 5 tmap before, even though I had a thunter - I am looking forward to going and soloing lvl 6/7 tmaps now, and I'd never done a trade quest, enjoyed them. I had all the characters, but I almost never play beyond my Pure Mage PvPer.

I've said this in guild chat, I'm currently enjoying UO, far more than at any point in the last 10 years.
There is now so much content - yes there are plenty of holes, but a lot of it is really good fun.

Our guild has also got really active, which is either a sign winter is coming, or they are having a good time also.

ps. How many of you have a full set of Arc1 items?
We have 1 guy, he'd like to know. :)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Still need 2 items to complete my set for part 1, as it is I don't think I will get them before it's turned off.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Got my full set from Arc 1 by trading... and sheer determination... though I'll say it nearly made me want to quit. I'm still really disgusted with Arc 1...

I enjoyed the encounters, killing and such is fun... however the drop rate was so abysmal that it kinda made it more of a frustration when you were walking slow and methodical trying to work spawns to get ambushed only to be disappointed time and time again... or to get yet another stinking amulet or phylactery when you REALLY wanted something off the 3 humans that spawned with that lone demon or undead... just would get so disgusted... or going the entire trip spending well over an hour and getting NOTHING. Only to repeat that experience 4 or 5 runs in a row...

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got my full set from Arc 1 by trading... and sheer determination... though I'll say it nearly made me want to quit. I'm still really disgusted with Arc 1...

I enjoyed the encounters, killing and such is fun... however the drop rate was so abysmal that it kinda made it more of a frustration when you were walking slow and methodical trying to work spawns to get ambushed only to be disappointed time and time again... or to get yet another stinking amulet or phylactery when you REALLY wanted something off the 3 humans that spawned with that lone demon or undead... just would get so disgusted... or going the entire trip spending well over an hour and getting NOTHING. Only to repeat that experience 4 or 5 runs in a row...
I spent 3 solid days on it, only got 3 pieces :)
I did it in Felucca however, apparently the drop rate was terrible there.

I'm not too bothered, I guess this is meant to be hard, and if it's just deco, I'm not too fussed.

Part of me wants to get more, but I'm not sure I can face it.