• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa M&G tonight

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is always an exception to the rule lol... but he was not as abrasive as he has been in the past. So I gotta give him props there. Much like the dude who laid two tunics on the ground and asked them if they could tell what was wrong... yeah slightly rude but not highly rude and aggressive like some in the past thankfully.

Good thing I ain't a Dev cause I would have said, "not a damn thing, inherent bonuses are not meant to be on there.. or do you think we should also put 'stamina loss' on the ones which cause that as well? Because you could easily be looking at 40+ lines of text when looting and we ain't going there. Should we also include a line saying 'Hey, you can enhance this with Spined and add X or Barbed and add Y.. NOPE!"...

"Well what about new players?"

"Let them read a little or they will eventually come in contact with a vet who will let them know."
My beef is it would be nice if you could see all that and it was reflected and spelled out better on your status sheet.

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is always an exception to the rule lol... but he was not as abrasive as he has been in the past. So I gotta give him props there. Much like the dude who laid two tunics on the ground and asked them if they could tell what was wrong... yeah slightly rude but not highly rude and aggressive like some in the past thankfully.

Good thing I ain't a Dev cause I would have said, "not a damn thing, inherent bonuses are not meant to be on there.. or do you think we should also put 'stamina loss' on the ones which cause that as well? Because you could easily be looking at 40+ lines of text when looting and we ain't going there. Should we also include a line saying 'Hey, you can enhance this with Spined and add X or Barbed and add Y.. NOPE!"...
Shame is Kylie - pretty sure that was Mervyn too...! Nothing like flogging an auto-stabled, kindling & bedroll exploited dead horse :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How 'bout if we just went back to Silver fortified katana of vanquishing...

And AR ratings

And just throw all the spreadsheet needing stuff out the window...
I wish... Then all the fancy mobs though would be impossible... save with the entire shard at your back...

Though in some ways I miss when Dragons were feared... and treated with caution... Remember when it took an entire guild to go take them on? I miss those times.

Could you imagine PvP in that armor with 5 slot pets the way they are????? Tamers would rule again...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My beef is it would be nice if you could see all that and it was reflected and spelled out better on your status sheet.
Shoot I just don't want to see more lines of text. Heck seeing legendaries is more than enough for me. Only get so long to loot corpses as it is (especially in Shadowguard) and takes a while to see if all those lines equals a piece worth looting or just wroth leaving on the corpse. I don't really wanna scroll the loot like a webpage to be able to see it all lol

Shame is Kylie - pretty sure that was Mervyn too...! Nothing like flogging an auto-stabled, kindling & bedroll exploited dead horse :D
Ahhhh... like I told him the other day on the forum.. gotta hand it to him, he is consistent and determined. Lots of folks give up after a time or two, but that guy is as tenacious as a pit bull.... he keeps on and Mesanna may well reconsider the pet auto log just to shut him up LOL

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Shoot I just don't want to see more lines of text. Heck seeing legendaries is more than enough for me. Only get so long to loot corpses as it is (especially in Shadowguard) and takes a while to see if all those lines equals a piece worth looting or just wroth leaving on the corpse. I don't really wanna scroll the loot like a webpage to be able to see it all lol
That's why I won't play without Pinco's the color co-ordinations and all help me loot...

I've always been a slower reader... so trying to wade through 40+ lines on an item is near impossible... shoot by the time I finish reading half that stuff the corpse would go public... I grab everything Pinco's puts in blue (relic frag worthy)... scan through the rest for the brownish "Legendary" color... as quickly as I can... and walk away... never have enough time after doing the roof to loot gold... too busy reading the 100's of lines of text on items... need at least 5 more min after the boss dies to loot the gold.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When I do shadowguard I take a bag with me and loot every item on the corpse...then I loot as much gold as I can and sort through it at home :)

Or...not sometimes :/

Sorting.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I explained in the official thread.
Oh I know what kindling is and how it's used but I think she kinda missed the point and honestly don't think anyone does that to log a pet out :/

You just kinda log out...wherever you are....no kindling required!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I know what kindling is and how it's used but I think she kinda missed the point and honestly don't think anyone does that to log a pet out :/

You just kinda log out...wherever you are....no kindling required!
No. You shouldn't kinda log out in a place where mobs can appear. If you use kindling to start a fire and use a bed roll then wait for a message, you can log out safely.

That's what she meant. A logout method the game accepts.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No. You shouldn't kinda log out in a place where mobs can appear. If you use kindling to start a fire and use a bed roll then wait for a message, you can log out safely.

That's what she meant. A logout method the game accepts.
Yeah and this is what Mervyn has been talking about this whole time....doing the Roof....pets in trouble..run off and log out, log in to save your pet....tame a fresh dinosaur but can't get it out cus of all the other dinosaurs in the area? Run far enough off to a safe spot, log out and back in to have it right with you with no danger.

But Mesanna's word is final..it's not an exploit....just a really handy game mechanic ;)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Though in some ways I miss when Dragons were feared... and treated with caution... Remember when it took an entire guild to go take them on? I miss those times.
Probably my proudest moment in the first decade of UO was the day I was able to solo an Ancient Wyrm in Ilshenar wearing only a GM crafted platemail suit of armor and a longsword. My entire guild thought I was insane for even trying it, but I wanted the ultimate challenge to test my monster hunting skills at the maximum possible level.

It took over an hour and a half (and a guildie had to bring me more bandages twice) but finally, at long last, it was dead. I felt like I had won the game that day, and the guildies who doubted me were totally shocked it was even possible.

Last year I went back to that exact same Ancient Wyrm, 15 years later, with a modern imbued suit. It died in about five hits. Didn't use a single bandage.

The game has changed quite a bit... I miss the old sense of accomplishment associated with slaying a legendary beast. Now with armor and weapons so advanced, there is almost nothing that isn't easily soloed left in the game.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

I've always been a slower reader... so trying to wade through 40+ lines on an item is near impossible... shoot by the time I finish reading half that stuff the corpse would go public...

When I do shadowguard I take a bag with me and loot every item on the corpse...then I loot as much gold as I can and sort through it at home
We haven’t been in Shadowguard yet, but we (nearly) always loot (nearly) everything and then sort in the peace and safety of our home. With one main exception, we pretty much focus on one line on the items, the weight! 50 stones means leave (or drop to floor), the rest we take. So that wall of text is not a problem to us. So we won’t call you crazy Larisa! At least, not for that reason lol. It does mean for us UO is 10% playing and 90% sorting, or so it seems.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We haven’t been in Shadowguard yet
Better go in with a LOT of folks then. My wife and I run it in party.. I loot the body and she loots the gold.. we have never gotten all the gold yet before getting kicked out. Of course we use CC and no auto-loot 3rd party deal...