• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is the Consume Damage HPR nerf too much?

What should happen with the Consume Damage nerf?

• Take it back to the original specs

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Leave it at the nerfed cap of 30

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Find a "middle ground" nerf

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do realize only like 10 percent of uo players even use stratics, so the vote doesn't mean anything. Im also pretty sure they know how it works and saw its flaws and corrected it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You do realize only like 10 percent of uo players even use stratics, so the vote doesn't mean anything.
While that is true, it is still a good way to collect information. Real world polls do the same thing, pick 100 random people and their votes are usually a good indication of what the rest of the people around that area think too. As long as it is done without bias of course.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do realize only like 10 percent of uo players even use stratics, so the vote doesn't mean anything. Im also pretty sure they know how it works and saw its flaws and corrected it.
If you were to ask random people in UO, what percentage really wants this change?

Youll have to explain it to most of them. That makes it a change that is not needed IMO.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No **** I was aware of it, since Dexer Captains have the 3x damage on pets ability. Why do you think I went there? btw, you know Ancient Wyrms do 25% fire damage, right?
Only Macer and Fencer Captains hit like freight trains, the rest of them don't hit that hard.

With suits being what they are these days you can be gimp really easy though. Most especially if you throw in a little Soul Charge. Heck about the only time I really run out of mana is when I am spamming 813+ WOD's and running Consume... *shrugs*
Unless you want to run a Luck Suit. Which a lot of Tamers do, since it's the only template that can do so without giving up too much of it's function. Even Legendary Artifacts don't offer much in the way of viable Luck Suits. Finding a Legendary Artifact with 150 Luck, usable Mage mods, high Resists and not Antique is damn near impossible.

Cross healing is OP!!!! It needs to be nerfed immediately! ROFL J/K of course.
Yeah! Warriors who've traveled to the highest mountain peaks to meditate and learn the ancient lost art of the Thu'u...errr i mean Cross Healing are able to take down Exodus, while Sampires drop like flies to him! OP! lol.

Cu Sidhe = 120/120 tactics max cap, 80 in all important pvm resists, +20 HPR, healing+anatomy can now be 120, chiv/mysticism heals +healing.

less resists, chiv or mysticism same as greater healing spam but we now have 20hpr + healing/anatomy going over the GM mark so really Cu Sidhe is better but not so much better than the good Greater Dragons we had of old when we are talking about a pet's tanking effectiveness alone! So when we talk about Consume Damage being knocked by 70 odd % HPR effectiveness would you say hand on heart than this new Cu Sidhe is 70% better at tanking than a high rating GD?
Each time a Cu Sidhe applies a bandage, it consumes 15 Mana. Putting Chiv or Mysticism on a Cu eats into that Mana, because they spend most of their time inefficiently spamming crap like Enemy of One (which makes them take more damage from other mobs), Con Wep or offensive spells. A truly Tank built Cu Sidhe, has Feint instead of Chiv/Mysticism or AI. With GM Bushido skill (which takes awhile to train on a Cu with just Feint), the Feint will reduce the incoming damage by 45-50%, on top of the Resists and Consume, and affects magic damage as well. Feint Cu Sidhes are ridiculously tough, and can out tank even a theoretical 5.0 GD any day of the week, against anything.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah! Warriors who've traveled to the highest mountain peaks to meditate and learn the ancient lost art of the Thu'u...errr i mean Cross Healing are able to take down Exodus, while Sampires drop like flies to him! OP! lol.
You realize that was a joke right? :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You realize that was a joke right? :)
Lol, yeah, i was joining in on the joke too. Why i made a reference to having to travel to the highest mountain peak (Throat of the World), and meditating (Greybeards) to learn the ancient lost art of the Thu'um. Skyrim reference. At this point, the ancient art of Warrior X-Healing is almost as lost as the Thu'um is.

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only Macer and Fencer Captains hit like freight trains, the rest of them don't hit that hard.
hm, thought the others did. Whatever though - Assassins constantly DP, which makes (normal) healing pretty hard. If others were available to fight I would've tested it on them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lol, yeah, i was joining in on the joke too. Why i made a reference to having to travel to the highest mountain peak (Throat of the World), and meditating (Greybeards) to learn the ancient lost art of the Thu'um. Skyrim reference. At this point, the ancient art of Warrior X-Healing is almost as lost as the Thu'um is.
Because everyone now plays solo as first off no one wants to share loot... secondly if you are with someone they might get the drop instead of you... and finally because there are so few people actually PLAYING anymore rather than the bots, banksitters, bod runners and such...

The PvP community is busying searching high and low for people to kill...

So finding an actual second Dexer type that ISN'T a Sampire and actually HAS healing is darn near impossible.

As an Archer without Parry or anything I can't stand that close to those things they cut through me like a hot knife through butter so I am incapable of Xhealing most the time...

Suppose there are a few reasons why it's a lost art. Only those of us who used to do it all the time back in the past as a couple of dexers fighting in PvP and back when dragons could actually kill you effectively and were more than just a speed bump... yeah.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because everyone now plays solo as first off no one wants to share loot... secondly if you are with someone they might get the drop instead of you... and finally because there are so few people actually PLAYING anymore rather than the bots, banksitters, bod runners and such...
Bring a tamer to LS we will share the loot.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new taming publish reminds me of the high seas expansion everyone loved it then they nerfed it hardly anyone does it

This team reminds me of the world politicians of lately, they cater to the few elites they no longer listen to the majority of the people they all seem to know what's best for the masses even though they never walked in our shoes

Simple things like the Phoenix they even refuse to listen (just a small example)

I wish we could all have a say and vote on who gets to lead us and what changes they can do.

My days of being hopeful have become a sad feeling of hopelessness about this game.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I tested my pet on test center with the new event that's upcoming. so easy. all ill say is, how many of u think there will be a lot of afkers using pets for the new event in sorcerer's dungeon?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tested my pet on test center with the new event that's upcoming. so easy. all ill say is, how many of u think there will be a lot of afkers using pets for the new event in sorcerer's dungeon?
Betting there are 10x more afk throwers and archers...

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's why it changes rooms throughout the dungeon and you have to kill the mini bosses and jack to keep the spawn progressing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's why it changes rooms throughout the dungeon and you have to kill the mini bosses and jack to keep the spawn progressing.
And if I were a boter I'd park one in multiple rooms to plink away... fairly sure you get drops just plinking away at stuff... it's always been quantity over quality for drops of that nature...

Aeneas

Adventurer
They already can with a different template. Why cant a tamer? The pet needs fed once in a while. Armor lasts a lot longer.
Not on a 2000 luck suit. Tamer has a good chance to farm top items due to high luck suit. Go to roof and take a look.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not on a 2000 luck suit. Tamer has a good chance to farm top items due to high luck suit. Go to roof and take a look.
Unfair comparison there imo... loot at roof is unreal without luck...