• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is the Consume Damage HPR nerf too much?

What should happen with the Consume Damage nerf?

• Take it back to the original specs

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Leave it at the nerfed cap of 30

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Find a "middle ground" nerf

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With suits being what they are these days you can be gimp really easy though. Most especially if you throw in a little Soul Charge. Heck about the only time I really run out of mana is when I am spamming 813+ WOD's and running Consume... *shrugs*
I don't know how you get your numbers, but on an elf (no JOAT) with 30MR and 40LMC, I will run down my mana even with occasional casting on top of Consume. WoD is not sustainable for long even without anything else.
Soul charge is not terribly useful for a tamer since it's your pet is getting hit - not you.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't know how you get your numbers, but on an elf (no JOAT) with 30MR and 40LMC, I will run down my mana even with occasional casting on top of Consume. WoD is not sustainable for long even without anything else.
Hmmm... that kinda confuses me... Whats your real taming/lore skill at? And do you also carry Med on that char?

Soul charge is not terribly useful for a tamer since it's your pet is getting hit - not you.
Depends on what you are hunting really. There are times that the property is totally useless for a tamer.. but if the tamer runs spawns it is really advantageous to have. well... as long as that tamer loves spamming area effect spells like Essence of Wind at any rate. I am seldom off my Cu (or Naja just stays in tow) until the 3rd and 4th side.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But it is whining when you ignore video evidence (that can be replicated by ANY tamer) in favor of "your own research." I don't know how much plainer I could make it for you - what would you like me to record next? (Insert pet here) vs Blackthorn Dexer Captain? Because I did that on TC1 as well, and had no issues...and those hit a hell of a lot harder than the 2 Dragons/2 Greater Dragons I fought in Fel Destard.

But hey, if you think Consume needs to be changed from how it is on TC1 now (it doesn't), please, by all means, post the research you've done on the subject. Preferably as a video.

I tried a Blackthorn Captain. My best pet was dead in seconds. Consume damage didnt do a thing.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm... that kinda confuses me... Whats your real taming/lore skill at? And do you also carry Med on that char?
My skills are all at 120 and there is no Med, but that's what I mean by gearing your template to mana gen and not being able to do much else.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My skills are all at 120 and there is no Med, but that's what I mean by gearing your template to mana gen and not being able to do much else.
Ahhh ok. That explains it I guess. I am currently running gm'ish med on that char with m32... but only 95 taming and 110ish lore.

That char is a mage/sw/tamer and can do quite a bit though... also carries 115 sdi (including the 5 city buff).. as well as 221 mana... so maybe that is among the reasons I have an easier time when it comes to running Consume.. I guess I fall into that bad habit of expecting everyone else out there as having the same in game experiences....

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets just be real, at 30HPR cap most tamers are better off spamming greater heal on their pets. Left at 30HPR cap this will be just one more thing they have added to the game and then nerfed into oblivian. They have no concept of leaving something useful with some middle ground.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
The nerf will kill the tamers so fast, in a years time, people wont be playing tamers again......

Currently its 150 max right, well make it 100 first, see how that goes, then make more changes but 150 to 30, that is just stupid!

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Consume damage is related to the physical resist. I can get to HPR 150 with the Legacy GD but must Phy res be high and above 80, and in my GD it is physical resist 89. New pets are max 80 and for my case i spread the resist so max is 75. It can't tank like the GD, and will die under the same situation instead, but else it is stronger than my GD in one vs one with a single target using AI.

So all these excuses with the new pets... i am beginning to suspect that a certain pet combo with consume damage is an exploit. Try looking at all the new pets and see where is the problem. One consume damage vs 20-30 new skills and combo. I am quite sure 2 years later another nerf stick will come for your favourite OP pet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idea that you can just spam a spell and tank most anything in the game is silly. It really makes you think, "this is all I have to do?". Sorry guys but it needs a nerf, might not be as widespread as the current hammer but it still needs something.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The idea that you can just spam a spell and tank most anything in the game is silly. It really makes you think, "this is all I have to do?". Sorry guys but it needs a nerf, might not be as widespread as the current hammer but it still needs something.
I agree, and yes, the 30 HPR cap is way too much of a nerf!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i must admit I was thinking of making a new animal after I read about all the changes, and I missed the whole level 3 thing as I took a fair break from the game so it looks like I won't be able to milk this, but if you can just afk stuff it is an issue which needs to be addressed.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem is you can't just tank most anything in the game. The easy solution would to be to give the high end stuff 50% elemental damage, preferably cold damage :) And balance has been achieved without pissing a lot of people off.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So whats your solution for a sampire? Spam confidence and ai and you can tank just about anything. Toss 30 ss for occasional curse weapon and confidence isnt even needed.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A samp still stands a decent chance at dying. There is some combination of keys and kit needed to make it work, not unlike a tamer for sure but the char is a little closer to the action.

I'm not the team and can't address the specifics of a change which angers a player.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampires can be easily fixed by just adding disarm to bosses and/or purge magic. That's all that's needed to slow them down. But this thread that the sky is falling on tamers is laughable. Anything in this game can be on done on many different templates with no problems, you just have to know what your doing on specific templates in order to get it done. Only difference between them is how much time it takes to complete the task, that's all.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
A samp still stands a decent chance at dying. There is some combination of keys and kit needed to make it work, not unlike a tamer for sure but the char is a little closer to the action.

I'm not the team and can't address the specifics of a change which angers a player.
Ummm... the only time a Sampire really stands a chance at dying is when something pops them with Blood Oath o_O

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, where did I leave that easy button again?
On your sampire???

IMO if the Devs want to nerf something they should look there... since thats the template that basically rules everything and solo's everything even YES dreaded unattended BOT farming..

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pumpkin. I have the same samp I made 5+ years ago, mind sharing the next reason you can't compete?

If they nerfed complaining from the current 120 most board warriors have would you still threaten to close millions of accounts down?

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
On your sampire???

IMO if the Devs want to nerf something they should look there... since thats the template that basically rules everything and solo's everything even YES dreaded unattended BOT farming..
Why nerf a perfectly viable template that someone can use?
Ok I get it can solo most stuff which is great and there should be some sort of template like that for people who want to play solo.
Not everyone logs into UO to speak to their friends or be sociable, this aint facebook, some are item hungry and want drops, and taking more people into dungeons/shadowguard would only reduce their chances of getting a drop and very likely make some of these players leave the game.
I can give you 1000s of examples of people who have sampires that are very sociable but when the time comes and they want peace they go hunt by themselves and can achieve something without the help of others or having multiple accounts.

So my bottom line leave the sampire template or learn to use it to its full potential, dont nerf cause its not a sociable template!

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Pumpkin. I have the same samp I made 5+ years ago, mind sharing the next reason you can't compete?

If they nerfed complaining from the current 120 most board warriors have would you still threaten to close millions of accounts down?
Id deffo leave the game if they touched the sampires, as its one of the few temps left there that are viable to do stuff on your own and not have to depend on others.
Would be very hard to force players to play with others, would most likely create a mass exodus form the game and really end up killing it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok I get it can solo most stuff which is great and there should be some sort of template like that for people who want to play solo.
Not everyone logs into UO to speak to their friends or be sociable, this aint facebook, some are item hungry and want drops, and taking more people into dungeons/shadowguard would only reduce their chances of getting a drop and very likely make some of these players leave the game.
I can give you 1000s of examples of people who have sampires that are very sociable but when the time comes and they want peace they go hunt by themselves and can achieve something without the help of others or having multiple accounts.

So my bottom line leave the sampire template or learn to use it to its full potential, dont nerf cause its not a sociable template!
Why not? Since they nerfed everyone else out of most content... they ought to level the playing field some.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The exact same logic applies to the Tamer Template my favorite to play is a 120 tame 120 lore 100 archery 100 tact 100 med 120 Spellweaving, 80 mage template. After jewels I am up to around 800 total points, run a 70s 2240 luck suit with max MR and 40MI and 30-50 SI It is a very effective solo template and does not leave me at the mercy of finding a group.

Where is it written that there shall only be one template capable of solo play? I can kill higher end stuff about 2x faster with this template than my more pure mage/tamers but still about 50% slower than my Sammy. Before consume this was my goto template except I dropped med and added vet and ran a 4.3 GD which was just as effective as the new pets with the biggest difference being I can ride a Hiryu, CU, fire beetle, blue beetle or reptalon instead of dragging a clunky GD around.

So a tamer based template can do the same solo play that a Sammy can only a little less effectively. I am just not seeing the problem with that.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is it written that there shall only be one template capable of solo play? I can kill higher end stuff about 2x faster with this template than my more pure mage/tamers but still about 50% slower than my Sammy. Before consume this was my goto template except I dropped med and added vet and ran a 4.3 GD which was just as effective as the new pets with the biggest difference being I can ride a Hiryu, CU, fire beetle, blue beetle or reptalon instead of dragging a clunky GD around.
Nobody is saying there was only one template for solo play...or hell, even for group play.

Can you bring tamers to Doom? Yes. Will it take forever and probably be a mess of deaths? More than likely.
Can you use a tamer for champ spawns? Yes. Will they take forever? Yes.

Then we have sampires:

Will you be able to run Doom easily? Yes.
Will Champ Spawns be done quickly? Yes.

What's more efficient, taking an hour+ to kill a boss or do a spawn, or do the same content in half the time (or less?)

Why not? Since they nerfed everyone else out of most content... they ought to level the playing field some.
Great idea. Let's go back to the pre-buffed Champ Spawn stats so even a tamer can kill them in 5 minutes with their souped-up pets. Why should a player, who has put the time in to building their suit, working skills, and whatever else, just to be nerfed so an inferior template is on a level playing field?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hey guys, if you have problems keeping your pet alive since Consume Damage has been "fixed".

Just put necro on your tamer and corpse skin your 90% physical resistance pets so they reach 100% physical resist, then you don't need to spend mana on something useless like consume damage. (until that gets fixed) :D

@Bleak & @Kyronix
Corpse Skin should be tweaked to no longer Increase Physical & Cold resistances as well.

(Current) Corpse Skin: +10/-15/+10/-15/0
(Proposed) Corpse Skin: 0/-15/0/-15/0
100% physical resistant pet - UO.jpg

Edit: this pet has not even gone through the leveling process yet (still 3/5)... game's too ez.
:flame:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hey guys, if you have problems keeping your pet alive since Consume Damage has been "fixed".

Just put necro on your tamer and corpse skin your 90% physical resistance pets so they reach 100% physical resist, then you don't need to spend mana on something useless like consume damage. (until that gets fixed) :D

View attachment 70026

Edit: this pet has not even gone through the leveling process yet (still 3/5)... game's too ez.
You are really complaining because a pet can get +10 to one resist? That makes them OP?

Can you bring tamers to Doom? Yes. Will it take forever and probably be a mess of deaths? More than likely.

Then we have sampires:

Sounds like the sampire is the overpowered template. Not the Tamer.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are really complaining because a pet can get +10 to one resist? That makes them OP?
If it allows the pet to reach 100% of the most common damage type in the game? Absolutely.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On ONE TYPE of pet. If you are upset about it, dont use a Dragon that has overcapped Physical resist. The game is not made just for you.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The game is not made just for you.
Show me where I said it was?

Hey, you know what else only works with physical damage? Consume Damage, 100% physical resistance > consume damage... It's not rocket science, It's UO.

I didn't post it for that reason though (it just looks like i did :D)... I posted it because Necromancy hurts most pets more than it does to help them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Show me where I said it was?

Hey, you know what else only works with physical damage? Consume Damage, 100% physical resistance > consume damage... It's not rocket science, It's UO.

I didn't post it for that reason though (it just looks like i did :D)... I posted it because Necromancy hurts most pets more than it does to help them.
Thanks for clarifying. You are just trolling. :p

I'm with ya. This gets boring in about 3 mins. Gotta find entertainment. Thats why we play. And post sometimes.

upload_2017-8-1_13-23-51.png

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 70026

How did you get ABE off of TC? lololol

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody is saying there was only one template for solo play...or hell, even for group play.

Then we have sampires:

What's more efficient, taking an hour+ to kill a boss or do a spawn, or do the same content in half the time (or less?)

Great idea. Let's go back to the pre-buffed Champ Spawn stats so even a tamer can kill them in 5 minutes with their souped-up pets. Why should a player, who has put the time in to building their suit, working skills, and whatever else, just to be nerfed so an inferior template is on a level playing field?
So what exactly is the malfunction with tamers being able to do things a bit more quickly and still not nearly as quick as a Sampire?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what exactly is the malfunction with tamers being able to do things a bit more quickly and still not nearly as quick as a Sampire?
So a tamer's pet should be able to do the same amount of damage that a player can? I have multiple whammies (most of them ranged) that can hit for 200+ with Armor Ignore simply by equipping two slayers. To reach that damage, I had to max out both Anatomy and Tactics at 120, put max DI on my suit, etc. I'll even go a step further: One of those was converted from a sampire because of the Doom revamp, so I can also whirlwind during Champ Spawns when using that character.

Why should a pet be anywhere near as efficient at killing a) a large amount of mobs, or b) bosses, when there's an actual player template that does the very same thing at a much faster pace? You're acting like the sampire is some overpowered, unkillable pvm template that can solo everything with zero issues. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Pets should NOT be able to do the same things as players, and if they can (Armor Ignore and AoE abilities like Whirlwind), they shouldn't be anywhere near as effectibe with them. If you'd like a UO where pets are superior to players, I'm sure there's a free shard out there that would be just the thing you're looking for.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So a tamer's pet should be able to do the same amount of damage that a player can? I have multiple whammies (most of them ranged) that can hit for 200+ with Armor Ignore simply by equipping two slayers. To reach that damage, I had to max out both Anatomy and Tactics at 120, put max DI on my suit, etc. I'll even go a step further: One of those was converted from a sampire because of the Doom revamp, so I can also whirlwind during Champ Spawns when using that character.

Why should a pet be anywhere near as efficient at killing a) a large amount of mobs, or b) bosses, when there's an actual player template that does the very same thing at a much faster pace? You're acting like the sampire is some overpowered, unkillable pvm template that can solo everything with zero issues. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Pets should NOT be able to do the same things as players, and if they can (Armor Ignore and AoE abilities like Whirlwind), they shouldn't be anywhere near as effectibe with them. If you'd like a UO where pets are superior to players, I'm sure there's a free shard out there that would be just the thing you're looking for.
Yes a Tamers PET is his WEAPON.... so YES it ought to be able to do the damage with the Tamer that any other template can.... No Tamed beast hits for squat.... let alone 200+ with AI ..... Rare if ever.... and they can't maintain it as Pets don't have suits full of MR, LMC, And such....

Why shouldn't a pet be able to do these things???? You can..... you can imbue your weapons to be a killer of anything at all.... Pets can't be imbued that way... They don't get to use Slayers...

Why shouldn't a players pet as we are talking again I remind you this is my WEAPON of choice... a PET... not some object on my player... but an entity controlled by my player why shouldn't they be just as effective with me wielding it as you are with a weapon?????

Am I counted somehow as not a player because I use a pet rather than a sword or bow???? Does this in some way make me less of a player and therefore somehow you think that I have some easy duty and just say "all kill" and then stand there doing nothing????? BS! I am calling it... Tamers have to do quite a lot to keep that pet alive and to keep it from losing target... and to maintain what's going on and to even assist the pet in taking on whatever it is as well as keep themselves alive ...... All other players have to worry about is themselves... we have 2 lives to care for and maintain otherwise we aren't effective at all..... And all you have is you and your weapon... which doesn't wander off... doesn't decide not to do what you ask it to and doesn't run away after something off screen.... etc... leaving you vulnerable...

So why is a Tamer in your mind less worthy of being able to play and participate in the game as someone else?????

Last edited:

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes a Tamers PET is his WEAPON.... so YES it ought to be able to do the damage with the Tamer that any other template can.... No Tamed beast hits for squat.... let alone 200+ with AI ..... Rare if ever.... and they can't maintain it as Pets don't have suits full of MR, LMC, And such....

Why shouldn't a pet be able to do these things???? You can..... you can imbue your weapons to be a killer of anything at all.... Pets can't be imbued that way... They don't get to use Slayers...

Why shouldn't a players pet as we are talking again I remind you this is my WEAPON of choice... a PET... not some object on my player... but an entity controlled by my player why shouldn't they be just as effective with me wielding it as you are with a weapon?????
Yeah except YOU get another 500 skill points on top of that to add things like spellweaving, magery, blah blah

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Why not they nerf the crap out of all my templates making them useless all the time... I'm just saying it's about time they do it to sampires as well so we are all in the same boat.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you should stop talking. Malagaste is whining yet again (to the surprise of no one) because her precious tamers can't do what a sampire or whammy (which are ridiculously easy to make...) can. So we're both pointing out why her "argument" is flawed.

Why should something that requires 360 skill points AT MAX (taming) be anywhere near as something that requires every single skill point to reach its maximum effectiveness?
Since they are so easy to make and deal massive damage, yep they really do need to look at nerfing your easy button game style.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tamer has Taming, Lore and Vet... which has NOTHING to do with keeping themselves alive or getting them to and fro... so you have to have stuff to keep the Tamer from being tissue... but they can't use all that stuff like anyone else they are down to only 400 skill points so whatever they use isn't really that effective... and if they have 120 all in Taming, Lore and Vet to be a decent tamer they have less than 400 skill points... to keep themselves alive and to help heal their pet as NOONE could keep a pet and themselves alive fighting most stuff anymore without some other skills like Mysticism (which the healing from that costs a TON of mana and takes a LONG time to cast even at 2/6...)... or Magery... Greater Heals but if you don't have room for things like Eval doesn't really do any damage to anything at all..... If you go with a dexer tamer and take healing or chivy for yourself to heal well this is ok for you.... but not really for your pet... if you take healing well then you can't bandage your pet when you have a bandage on yourself... ..... so that's not a help.... casting close wounds on your pet requires you to be beside your pet and with most mobs now that's a death wish... ..... so not really viable option on todays fighting unless all you want to do with your tamer is kill a few balrons or ogres whopee ..... a tamer with full 120 has 340 skill points available... sure they could maybe get by putting some stuff on jewels or whatever... but the more skill you put on that the less room you have for effective other things like 2/6 casting... or SDI .... with without that a mage or weaver or whatever is doing pittance for damage... may as well throw pots... be more effective... but then you are limited in how many you can carry of those.. so again.... don't know where you get off thinking that 340 skill points is going to give you some massive boost of skill that you'll be able to do jack squat with... and really a tamer now is shoed into having to be 120 all.... for slots, for using the Taming Mastery which thanks to whining bunch of PvPers is now next to useless... So again cry me a river... and if they are all worried about how much a tamer can do and nerfing them back into oblivion and uselessness then they ought to spread the love and make all templates USELESS as they do Tamers, Mages, Archers, and such and Nerf Sampires till they are useless as well...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I bet your scrolls didnt cost as much as they do now... I have many scrolled pets and more that are hungry for scrolls.

upload_2017-8-1_16-5-35.png

upload_2017-8-1_16-6-53.png

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since they are so easy to make and deal massive damage, yep they really do need to look at nerfing your easy button game style.
Easy button? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That you're saying that makes one thing clear: You don't play either a sampire or a whammy. Unless you're fighting specific monsters (Executioner, Shadowguard bosses, monsters that don't do 100% physical damage), you can keep any pet alive with ONE ability. If you want a one-button playstyle, I'm pretty sure it's the tamer you're looking for. Oh, sorry, 2 buttons. I forgot tamers need to hit their "all kill" macro too.

I bet your scrolls didnt cost as much as they do now... can i get the points back that I wasted on HPR? Nope

View attachment 70037

View attachment 70038
The few scrolls I used on pets didn't cost me a thing, actually. Nor will any of the scrolls I might use on pets in the future. There's only two scrolls that are worth it anyway: 120 Wrestling, plus you'll want 120 Resist for a pvp-oriented pet.

All of those other skills a tamer can use are to support the few required skills of a tamer.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easy button? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That you're saying that makes one thing clear: You don't play either a sampire or a whammy. Unless you're fighting specific monsters (Executioner, Shadowguard bosses, monsters that don't do 100% physical damage), you can keep any pet alive with ONE ability. If you want a one-button playstyle, I'm pretty sure it's the tamer you're looking for.
Oh please sammies and whammies are the easiest builds, easiest to play, and deliver the most damage, while having the best defense and yes I use a sam template quite often when I just want to hit on macro key now and then to heal. You can run imbued junk and be better than effective in PvM and have very little risk of ever dying. Toss a cameo on and pick up a halfway decent weapon and you are good to go. The skills requires can all be trained up in a day or two. Less if you eat the pinkies. And the templates are decent in PvP as well with better gear. Don't know who you are trying to BS here.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh please sammies and whammies are the easiest builds, easiest to play, and deliver the most damage
Which is the point. But it's still not as easy as a tamer: All kill, turn on consume damage if available, heal when/if necessary. Sampire/Whammy: Armor Ignore/Whirlwind, healing yourself, curing poison (whether through bandages or chiv), Evasion, Curse Weapon. Why nerf something that requires more active player input? Not to mention that pets can tank things that a player can't.