• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Clops Items and Houses

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can find a full explanation via Clops over at Uhall. Long story short, he was an EM, got caught doing bad things, got in trouble.

In short, remember the first iteration of the EM program and all those bat sh** crazy items? It happened again, except this time without all the bat sh** crazy.

Now we can't have nice things...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope Mesanna will eventually make some sort of museum with all the confiscated 1/1 items... to avoid losing all of that history forever.
Either this or use the confiscated Luna plots to hold an auction (using in game auction safes) to give players the opportunity to get them back. As somebody said in the other thread it would also be a good gold sink.

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
We are always looking for was to make a good gold sink right? I agree. Validate the items that are real, I expect 99.99% are, and then auction safe them off for gold! What an amazing way to keep history around and to sink gold back into the game.

@Mesanna

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't exactly say how I feel about that..... as there are several reasons that the current situation has brought about a lot of unfairness already. A lot of us have been spending gold left and right that we've worked very hard for the past 7-8 years; and to see that it was because of people like the one involved here driving the prices up and controlling the market is just sad. I would delete all of his items personally, condemn the house spots, and put a small sign there saying no house placement now and forever. Or create some new in game scenery to say the least... maybe a new guard tower in Luna.

If these houses alone go to script placers like the last house did.... then I think I'll just go cry somewhere. (Not really.... but just saying.) This guy had 300p worth of houses that he likely gave items/gold away for, and now it's all up for grabs. Who's to know how much gold is floating around the game because of him also? I'm sure Mesanna will think long and hard about everything.... but I for one have about 30m left, after spending 220m on my last Red Packet. Then one came up for sell for 175m on vendor search. This game feels like a constant bother with rares collecting.....

The rares that are spawning non stop and going to people with 20 accounts that are multi-clienting needs to stop. They need to be handed out at random based on IP address to people at events, or not at all. Or to everybody.... a game should not be dictated in such a manner with items dropping to people who do everything they can to get them. And this coming from a person who likely has a better house design/decoration than the person involved here.... even though my items are worth a total of 40p tops, not 15,000p......... To see these items go up for auction in any way or manner will be disheartening and will celebrate the one who collected it all. Delete them all; don't let the house plots fall to scripters. That's the least I can ask. Peace all and sorry for the long message. I just hope some of us' ideas are heard who don't have this type of "control" over the game.

The madness should stop here; UO is a game and not a pension fund. Apparently it's quite unfair already; some of us don't have 100-500p in game to spend atm. It would take one hundred thousand champion spawns at 250k each to make 25p.... let that sink in. That's 30,000 hours of gameplay to a single player. If you ask me, player's bank accounts should be capped at like 5p and all gold deleted as a fresh start. Then we could see who plays the best, ect...... no offense to anyone here. But there seems to be a ton of gold floating around that's impossible to get rid of for some reason....

Last edited:

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I would hate to see legal items be confiscated forever but I'd also agree that nobody other than scripters would have any shot at getting them thru a house fall. I'm glad someone else gets paid to make the decisions on this one, but I personally say leave the houses as are (minus illegal items) and make them museums.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We should absolutely not have a museum made of all the legit items in its place. I see that as nothing more than a memorial to the person who was the reason we lost it all. The whole thing sickens me and I would prefer not to walk by a daily reminder of it.

From the looks of it, the items appear to have already been deleted since you can no longer see any of them from the outside like you could 2 days ago. Clops stated in his post there were over 150 unique items and I for one would like to see a list. It would at least provide protection to the community to know what was truly lost.

Qikdraw

Sage
Stratics Veteran
don't let the house plots fall to scripters.
Personally I feel that IDOC scripters who get 80% of the items need to be seriously looked at and ban hammer them. The same with the house placement scripters. Lets not forget the scammers, I'm sure there are one or two scammers/scripters we could all name and for some reason they still have accounts. These are people who really do mess it up for everyone else, yet nothing happens to them. Clops got banned, now lets see some more bans to make this game better for everyone in an equal way.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I feel that IDOC scripters who get 80% of the items need to be seriously looked at and ban hammer them. The same with the house placement scripters. Lets not forget the scammers, I'm sure there are one or two scammers/scripters we could all name and for some reason they still have accounts. These are people who really do mess it up for everyone else, yet nothing happens to them. Clops got banned, now lets see some more bans to make this game better for everyone in an equal way.
Wouldn't it be nice if the IDOC loot and placement scripters were sent to jail prior to and during the falls? Maybe the unique rares/eggs wouldn't so easily end up in just a few of the cheaters' baskets. Sad day if historical items get smashed by the ban hammer too.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
We should absolutely not have a museum made of all the legit items in its place. I see that as nothing more than a memorial to the person who was the reason we lost it all. The whole thing sickens me and I would prefer not to walk by a daily reminder of it.

From the looks of it, the items appear to have already been deleted since you can no longer see any of them from the outside like you could 2 days ago. Clops stated in his post there were over 150 unique items and I for one would like to see a list. It would at least provide protection to the community to know what was truly lost.
I did not mean to make a memorial. But let's face the facts, only a few people would get them in a house fall and the average person could never afford to buy them on the auction safe idea. Most of these items were ONLY ever going to be owned by a few select people in game anyhow. So for the rest of the population it would be nice if they were still able to drool over such amazing legal items. Just my two cents..

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was just a matter of time before someone got caught doing corrupt things as an EM/Advisor. Ive known it was happening since at least 2010, and im sure a lot of the so-called rares community is involved in it. I could care less about shiny pixels and didn't do many events before I knew, but once I did find out, I never went to events since. People that get chosen to be EM/advisor should NOT be allowed to play the game while they are doing their jobs. Their accounts should be closed until they are no longer working for them. Their only rule is you cant be a EM on a shard you play, problem with that is how easy it is to transfer in this game. This guy should be sued in real life and that money should go towards improving the game for honest players. Delete everything he owns and leave his houses as burned ruins for a couple of weeks as a message to other cheaters that still play. This is a big part of the reason why the game has been vastly dying over the past few years. His apology doesn't mean **** since it wouldn't be there if he didn't get caught. I say publicly hang him in luna square. I only play the game to pvp and that part of the game has been dead for years now, ironically pvp was also destroyed by mass cheating. Go figure. Just thought I post on this subject and give my opinion of the cheaters.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ et all... link to the uhall posts please? I am sooo behind on this....

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I did not mean to make a memorial. But let's face the facts, only a few people would get them in a house fall and the average person could never afford to buy them on the auction safe idea. Most of these items were ONLY ever going to be owned by a few select people in game anyhow. So for the rest of the population it would be nice if they were still able to drool over such amazing legal items
:postcount:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow this sucks, as some one mentioned if these are scheduled to be deleted. Perhaps all the legit items could be made into a museum on Atlantic next to the EM hall there. There are/were some pretty amazing items from what I could see on just the roof and the outside first floor. Hope this gets all sorted out for the good of the game. Riply

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, that's depressing to hear then. Deleting them is such a waste of some really amazing items...

Thanks for letting me know though.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sigh... I am just a small rares collector. Most of y'all know me, though I pale in comparison to some of the collections you have. This whole situation makes me sad. The person in question is not a bad person per se, but did break the rules. So if based soley on that he did do wrong and the fallout is deserved. However it is nothing but personal opinion that he's just human... reminds me of a pac em not to long ago who was terminated cause he held the starting of em event til players from another shard could get there... not a bad guy but he broke the rules...

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
If @Restroom Cowboy knows this then we have a whole other issue on our hand, still.. Mesanna hasn't made an announcement so the only way you would know is if an em or dev broke their NDA and is disclosing information. Hopefully they get their items deleted as well to be fair to us players who don't have someone on the inside feeding us info about events, upcoming changes, etc.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hold a raffle one ticket per account for each legit item. It just to bad, allot of us would have sold the majority of our collections to own just one of some of those items. All that history deleted because of greed does not seem right.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If @Restroom Cowboy knows this then we have a whole other issue on our hand, still.. Mesanna hasn't made an announcement so the only way you would know is if an em or dev broke their NDA and is disclosing information. Hopefully they get their items deleted as well to be fair to us players who don't have someone on the inside feeding us info about events, upcoming changes, etc.
The information about whether or not the items have been deleted is not covered under an NDA, since I am not under contract regarding this dispute and neither is my source of information. Feel free to read through your rules and regulations for more details, but in the meantime enjoy a coke and a smile friend...or was it Ronald McDonald...I don't remember.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Clops said so himself...though there might be a TINY TINY TINY chance that she does something cool with the legit stuff....

And the vast vast majority of my rares (including 150+ unique items) have been seized by Mesanna. These have been confiscated for good and will likely never re-appear in-game

So you guys should stop getting your hopes up....when those houses fall they will probably be empty....as they should be.

Just keep making a list so we can remember what we've lost...and we've lost WAY more then this over the years....it's very sad but sometimes all you have is memories.

When they blew up Magincia, there was a cute little squirrel that used to hang out by the moongate...he was ALWAYS there....we on Origin named him Chipper....sadly when the moongate was destroyed, Chipper was killed.....thanks to Mesanna...a memorial was placed in his honor.

ChipperMemorial.jpg

Maybe her and the team can sort through the legit stuff and make a page or 2 on uo.com about the items and their history.....that would be nice.

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
That information would 100% be covered under an NDA if the knowledge wasn't available for all players. But yet, I'll play along, you still just admitted that you get information from someone that we don't have access to. I also have zero clue what you're saying at the end lol. Clops also never said the items were deleted. He says they'll probably never see a players hands again, that doesn't mean deleted by any means. But they are more than likely deleted.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not mean to make a memorial. But let's face the facts, only a few people would get them in a house fall and the average person could never afford to buy them on the auction safe idea. Most of these items were ONLY ever going to be owned by a few select people in game anyhow. So for the rest of the population it would be nice if they were still able to drool over such amazing legal items. Just my two cents..
So maybe instead of memorializing his house she could put a copy of all of them in the rewards hall on their respective shards. Let me be really clear - I am extremely upset that it appears these items have been deleted. At the same time I don't think they should just be put back in the house and the house left standing. And I don't want the scripters to get it either. I would rather see a house on fire like Draconi did back in the day. But none of this is the point of this thread...

Atlantic Ninja

Adventurer
I don't know Clops - I came back after a long absence. Played back in 07-08. Was in LNR, enjoyed all the PVP between HOT, DEI, CYN, etc. So I wasn't really into collecting rares. Now that I am back and trash at PVP, I enjoy the storylines and I try my luck at rares.

My Two Cents: This isn't an obsession with rares, it was pure greed. Real life currency, gold and items sales fueled this. Someone profited off of counterfeit items. They shouldn't be "taking a break for a while" they should be GONE. You guys/gals may or may not think that this is no big deal but this will/has devastated the Rares community. Ultima Online has been around for 20 years, and other games events like this would BURY the game. Because like Bennu said people will now question and wonder if items are duped or being given out to friends only. Hopefully this doesn't stop the EM program - just like people in the game who wish people died of cancer in Atlantic General chat and scam people by banning them after they bid on their auction safe, even the EM program isn't safe to greed.

I want the EMs and Messana to know that we will always have faith in you, regardless of a bad apple. Just like I have faith that people who abuse the system in UO will eventually get banned.

That being said - I'd love to see a museum, but not in luna. Wipe the house, give it away or hold a raffle or just drop it randomly. Locate the museum elsewhere, and don't put his rares in it. Put all EM rares over the years, put descriptions, make it look amazing. DO NOT make a gold sink. Yes it would help the economy, but let's be honest only the rich like Capt Norrington are gonna buy them all, lol :p

I wish the best to the EA/Broadsword Team and the actual players this affected.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Clops I can remember pacing with excitement and anticipation outside every house you were currently decorating.. I visited your vendors and auction safes every time I logged in hoping my small purse could maybe afford a new toy. I loved day dreaming at the Mumified frog and mushroom of Saara. I needed to wear sunglasses when gazing upon the void rock. I love the story arcs behind every rare, sever birth, seer item or EM drop. I am glad you were a part of the rares community. Looking at all the collections of the rich and famous gave me something to do if farming would take to much of what little time I had on any given night. I still feel the same excitement at every rares fest knowing I too can have a collection if only a portion of the size. I will miss your amazing house designs.
But I do have to say I feel like I got kicked in the stomach. I know in a couple of months this will all blow over and Atlantic will be the same ole same ole
I was just asking several days ago about holding another Atlantic Rares fest because i want the newer players to see and feel how exciting this part of the game can be and im sad because they wont know all the good you brought to many of us smaller collectors. you made a mistake, you owned up to it, lets move on
I know Mesanna has a great heart and i am sure she will think long and hard on how best to go forward with this issue and the items (hoping I can retrieve the frog and mushroom) Ha

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sigh, again... Sorry folks but some of the comments are getting into the don't need to be said arena. It's sad on multiple levels, but bashing Clops, Mesanna, the EMs, not gonna help. It is what it is, and for the most part it is over and done with. Shouldn't we focus on moving forward and playing the game? Sorry just my humble opinion...

Atlantic Ninja

Adventurer
sigh, again... Sorry folks but some of the comments are getting into the don't need to be said arena. It's sad on multiple levels, but bashing Clops, Mesanna, the EMs, not gonna help. It is what it is, and for the most part it is over and done with. Shouldn't we focus on moving forward and playing the game? Sorry just my humble opinion...
It's not about bashing anyone. It's about realizing that crap like this hurts the community and the game. It's about coming together as a community and making sure this doesn't happen again. It's about ensuring Mesanna and all staff that we still trust them and look forward to the game they're putting forward.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not about bashing anyone. It's about realizing that crap like this hurts the community and the game. It's about coming together as a community and making sure this doesn't happen again. It's about ensuring Mesanna and all staff that we still trust them and look forward to the game they're putting forward.
The only thing that will ensure Mesanna and staff is your 13 dollars a month. Problems usually start at the top and work there way down. Ill leave it at that so we dont get this thread locked.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Mesanna

The only positive I can think could come from this would be a giant sucking of gold from the economy, if you were to auction the plots and items and delete all the gold that comes from that auction. I could easily see 1,000 plat or more being generated and delete via such an auction. There are not many single sources that could generate that kind of proceeds, or benefit the economy so dramatically, but this is one of those few. In addition, I think allowing these items, many of them unique with long histories, to remain in the hands of players would be celebrated by all collectors.

If there's too much to handle logistically, I would be willing to volunteer my services to sort through all the stuff and pull off such an auction, and I'm willing to do it without personal benefit of any kind.

Let me know. :)

-Brian

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna

The only positive I can think could come from this would be a giant sucking of gold from the economy, if you were to auction the plots and items and delete all the gold that comes from that auction. I could easily see 1,000 plat or more being generated and delete via such an auction. There are not many single sources that could generate that kind of proceeds, or benefit the economy so dramatically, but this is one of those few. In addition, I think allowing these items, many of them unique with long histories, to remain in the hands of players would be celebrated by all collectors.

If there's too much to handle logistically, I would be willing to volunteer my services to sort through all the stuff and pull off such an auction, and I'm willing to do it without personal benefit of any kind.

Let me know. :)

-Brian
Nothing Positive can come out of this. Gold sink?. All the gold sellers will just buy all the stuff and then turn around and sell for rl$.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well this whole ordeal makes me sad that this all happened. I havent been active much of late but always thought id be able to log on to see my old "Precious" (The Void Rock) that i sold to Pampa so i could gaze once again at its beauty. The list of items that are gone now is staggering! Especially now we have confirmation from Mesanna that those items are gone for good as she says "not letting those get out" at least thats what i get from that statement. :(

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And how many of these items are not suppose to be items? How many of them were just created? How many actually have story lines and were available at public events? As Bennu stated in his post, he cant even dye items let alone make them. So that makes people believe that he is not the only one involved with this mess. Someone else was working with him to do such things. Way to take one for the team.

Marky mark

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think the poll is a great idea but some people with more than 10+ accounts will enter all account for the poll giving them a higher chance which I find unfair and I believe it should be only 1 entry per person. Not sure if there's a way for this to happen but that's my thought on the poll.

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
yeah I wonder how this will work because I personally have 7 accounts so does that mean I get 7 entries??.. I mean all of mine are linked together but this isn't the case for everyone so to limit me to 1 entry just because my accounts are all linked is not fair some people on this game sell accounts and I guarantee they are not all linked together ;)....therefore I see the only way to make it fair is one per account whether they are linked or not should not matter... yes some might say well I only have one account how is that fair? well its fair because Im paying 6 times as much as you do to play this game on a monthly basis.. she also said she would put a artwork in game that you double click to sign up which implies it will be one per account however I think maybe there should be strict rules for availability to even sign up which this will probably cause a lot of work

but I think they should some how make it to where your account has had to been active for last 3 months and/or maybe have to have up to a certain expansion level to even be able to sign..no trial accounts which seems like it may cause more work then mesanna may want lol

the reason I add this is because if its a artwork that I only got to go click then I could bring up even more then 7 accounts for more entries

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Now this is great news!
Yeah... glad to see all the real history will not just fall by the wayside. The lady eats, breathes and bleeds the game... sure, like everyone else she is human and does not always make the right decisions (in hindsight - as well all battle with) but she nailed this decision imho.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think she means just the houses....notice what she said at the end?

Question ~ Are all his rares gone?
Answer ~ YES I am not letting those get out

So the raffle is for the houses only....which is a really awesome idea!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

I took that to mean she would be deleting the illegal ones.

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Screen Shot 05-17-17 at 08.44 AM.PNG

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's for the 20th anniversary for people who show up to the party she's giving away 3 and she'll be giving away 3 more in game....do you read the newletters? She's doing it the same way...she's going to put an item on Test Center for us to register at. This has nothing to do with Clops's houses, she said she will be raffling off his houses the same way as the castles. HOUSES not houses and items.

Here is the blurb from the newsletter

CAsltegiveaway.jpg

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think she meant she will be giving away 3 completely new castles at the 20th anniversary party in real life, not current castles. She would just place them somewhere and give them to people at the party.
Correction:

"For those that cannot attend the party, I do not want to leave you out of everything, so we are going to put a raffle stone on TC1 that lets you sign up for a chance to win a Castle! Yes that is correct! For the anniversary I will be giving out 6 castles! Three in game via the TC1 raffle stone and three at the Party! You will be notified via email so you can tell me what shard you would like the castle placed"

Hehe :p

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the poll is a great idea but some people with more than 10+ accounts will enter all account for the poll giving them a higher chance which I find unfair and I believe it should be only 1 entry per person. Not sure if there's a way for this to happen but that's my thought on the poll.
Which is totally fine. No one Stop you from having 10 Accounts also