• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug Found a bug in the wiki? Report it here!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Other than items with the wrong image, or missing items, if you've found something you think is a bug, or if something isn't displaying properly, report it here so it can be fixed.

Thanks,
Brian

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran into a few problems.

1. I entered the pack instincts for the Blood Fox, but it's showing as unknown, it should be canine.

Blood Fox Pack Instincts.PNG

2. I entered some lore readings for the tamable dinosaurs, Dimetrosaur, Saurosaurus, Najasaurus, and Gallusaurus, but something went wrong with it. The charts are all still showing "unknown," instead of the entered data. It looks like all of the info is at the bottom of the page, below the Taxonomy area. I also entered some info for the Triceratops at the same time, but that seems to have worked okay.

Gallusaurus Lore Reading.PNG

3. I can't find the form for entering loot and special abilities. When I go to "Edit," this is what I get.

Mob Editor.PNG

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks @Ru TnT;

#1) I'll look into it; hopefully it'll be fixed by tomorrow.

#2) If a mob was edited, and didn't yet have any lore info submitted, the editor was adding the 'end template' }} in the wrong place. That bug's been fixed, and I've fixed all the affected pages that I could find, but if you see that blob of text at the bottom of any mob's page, like

then post that mob's name here and I'll go fix it. It's a quick thing to fix, once I know a page needs to be fixed. :)

For #3, it sounds like your browser isn't loading the editor. Can you tell me which browser and OS you're running?

Also, there's a bug #4 I'm working on at the moment; if you submit a partial lore report, it should ignore any empty fields, but they don't seem to be correctly ignored at the moment. Go ahead and keep entering lores; I'll hopefully have that one fixed by tomorrow as well. :)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I ran into a few problems.

1. I entered the pack instincts for the Blood Fox, but it's showing as unknown, it should be canine.

View attachment 66017
This bug has now been fixed, as well as a similar bug with preferred foods.

I've also fixed the bug @MissEcho reported, with the 'subdued' text not always showing (or not showing) when it should or shouldn't.

If you guys notice any further problems with those bits, let me know. :)

@Ru TnT, at the moment, I don't have access to a computer with Edge and Win 10 installed. But I'll see what I can do to try to find one to debug with. If the lore tool is working, the editor should be as well, so I'll have to look into it. Meantime, can you try going to the URL 'about:flags', and turning on the 'Experimental JavaScript Features' checkbox, to see if that perhaps gets it working for now for you?

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meantime, can you try going to the URL 'about:flags', and turning on the 'Experimental JavaScript Features' checkbox, to see if that perhaps gets it working for now for you?
No luck, everything seems to be the same.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
No luck, everything seems to be the same.
I managed to get it to open in Edge on browserstack. Give it a try now. :) (*heads over to jquery.com to file a bug report :p)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Fixed the other bug @MissEcho reported, which kicked in if you submitted "full" lores, then some partial lores, and the "unknowns" from the partial would still show. The empty fields from partial lores should now fully be ignored.

As a side technical note, for 10 of the fields from animal lore reports, the only reading that matters for what is displayed on the page is the most recent non-empty report. This is to allow those fields to be entered in the lore tool (since they're given on a lore gump), but to be easily fixed if needed:
  • barding difficulty
  • all 5 types of damage
  • base damage (min and max)
  • control slots (min and max)

If any of those are incorrect, they can be fixed simply by submitting a new lore reading which includes the correct #s in those fields.

----

That's all the bugs I know of at the moment fixed. :) If anyone notices any others, or finds any more mob pages with that blob of buggy text way at the bottom, please post! :)

-Brian

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Gallusaurus still has the blob of text.
Looks like the fix I put in to prevent and fix that worked; the bugged bit causing the text blob was fixed with your latest edits. :)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
No worries; if you spot any more, let me know and I'll give them a look/fix. :)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I can't find the control slot info, did it get moved, or is it just me?
Fixed, thanks. The difference between 'tameable' and '{{{tameable}}}' when fixing another bug :p

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where can I find them? I go fishing on Felucca but the maps are for trammel. Help me please

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Where can I find them? I go fishing on Felucca but the maps are for trammel. Help me please
This is for bugs in the Stratics Wiki. You should post your problem on the official forums where the devs can see and maybe answer. Bugs

Questo è per i bug nel Wiki di Stratics. Dovresti pubblicare il tuo problema sui forum ufficiali dove gli sviluppatori possono vedere e magari rispondere. Bugs