• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug: As One consuming too much mana

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As One taming mastery is consuming more mana than other Combat Training masteries. I believe they are all supposed to be the same ( at least the description in mastery book implies it).

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It might be like bard Masteries, consumes more Mana the more targets that are affected.
Well, that would kind of defeat the purpose since this mastery is aimed at multiple pets.

Diamonas

Journeyman
How? It's called Balance.

Run multiple tank pets with self healing + with AoE Damage + share damage = Not Balanced.

If you think it should only cost a set amount no matter the amount of pets, I'd like bard songs changed that way to make them your version of "Balanced".

Diamonas

Journeyman
Bard Masteries are 2/3 based on buffing group members and the Mana costs increase the more members there are in your party for balance reasons.

Otherwise it would be insane.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How? It's called Balance.

Run multiple tank pets with self healing + with AoE Damage + share damage = Not Balanced.
Is that even possible? Any training slot upgrade would put you to 3 slots which would make running multiple pets with AoE and self healing impossible.
I briefly thought that the new mastery made running with 5 frenzies viable. But since mana runs out quickly and you either have to recall out, or lose some pets, it end up being not worth the extra hassle just like it was before the introduction of "As One".

Diamonas

Journeyman
You could run two 2 slot Bake's, or build up two 1 slots, add healing use the remaining points on stats/damage.
There are many different combos, only time will tell, once the dust settles.

Diamonas

Journeyman
Also consider running Meditation and Focus on your template + as much Mana Regeneration as possible from skills/items

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It might be like bard Masteries, consumes more Mana the more targets that are affected.
Just played with it a bit. Subjectively, it seems the number of pets makes no difference. My tamer who is mana-stable with consume damage, seems to run out equally fast with 5 or 2 hell hounds.

Diamonas

Journeyman
@Bleak and @Kryonix

They will need to check the code and the math within the code.

It may be charging for Mana per second ability is active vs when damage is shared, it also may be charging once for you and once for the "pets".

Also what kind of Mana Regeneration are you running on your template?

Diamonas

Journeyman
On my template I run Meditation 120 and MR 36(overflow) from items, I can chain cast Greater Heal while maintaining double bard songs.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak and @Kryonix

They will need to check the code and the math within the code.

It may be charging for Mana per second ability is active vs when damage is shared, it also may be charging once for you and once for the "pets".

Also what kind of Mana Regeneration are you running on your template?
It's 30. I have no problems running Consume damage indefinitely with occasional invis and GHeals thrown in.
Tried adding Med 120 and Focus 90 - As One is still not mana stable. Medable suit ofc.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As One taming mastery is consuming more mana than other Combat Training masteries. I believe they are all supposed to be the same ( at least the description in mastery book implies it).
The "As One" Combat Training mastery mana cost is double the normal mana cost of Combat Training. We will be updating the publish notes.