• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WARNING do not give a follow command while riding tamer pets.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The following pets went instant wild from wonderfully happy while riding and giving a follow command with some other pet that might accept a command. A Cu, Nightmare, Lesser Hiru, Hiru, Unicorn, Frenzy Ostrich. I even had my 120 bush sampire ride a bonded lesser hiru and try to give the command all follow to the swampy and the lesser hiru went instant wild.

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We made sure to feed all of these pets immediately before testing, insuring they were wonderfully happy. We tried bonded and unbonded pets.

We then tried pets that DID NOT need taming to control: forest ostards, swampies, horses, and fire and giant beetles. None of these went wild.

This seems to ONLY happen to pets you are RIDING, that require taming to control.

For example, I was riding my fire steed and also had my frenzied ostard with me. When I gave the follow command (all follow + target, NOT all follow me) the fire steed went wild, but the frenzied ostard was fine. Interestingly, this happened when I targeted a monster, myself, another pet, and another player, but NOT when I targeted an item in my backpack.

We assume that this will also happen with dread warhorses and bane dragons, but for obvious reasons would prefer not to test that ;)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The following pets went instant wild from wonderfully happy while riding and giving a follow command with some other pet that might accept a command. A Cu, Nightmare, Lesser Hiru, Hiru, Unicorn, Frenzy Ostrich. I even had my 120 bush sampire ride a bonded lesser hiru and try to give the command all follow to the swampy and the lesser hiru went instant wild.
We made sure to feed all of these pets immediately before testing, insuring they were wonderfully happy. We tried bonded and unbonded pets.

We then tried pets that DID NOT need taming to control: forest ostards, swampies, horses, and fire and giant beetles. None of these went wild.

This seems to ONLY happen to pets you are RIDING, that require taming to control.

For example, I was riding my fire steed and also had my frenzied ostard with me. When I gave the follow command (all follow + target, NOT all follow me) the fire steed went wild, but the frenzied ostard was fine. Interestingly, this happened when I targeted a monster, myself, another pet, and another player, but NOT when I targeted an item in my backpack.

We assume that this will also happen with dread warhorses and bane dragons, but for obvious reasons would prefer not to test that ;)
I hope this gets addressed ASAP.​
@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak UO IS BROKE FIX YESTERDAY!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had a problem with a turtle against Virtuebane as well, but it didn't go unbounded. It simply refused 5 commands in a row. I fed it, it refused another 5 commands, I fed it again and it finally obeyed.
But it was weird. Very weird and only happened with Virtuebane.
So yeah, this stuff is broken and needs fixing.

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone PLEASE I implore you to spread the news of this bug far and fast, I've just messaged my entire ICQ list about it. Please please please do all you can to prevent people from losing valuable pets. Here's my mass message I sent:

[Mass Message] TAMERS BEWARE!!!! When you're riding a pet that requires taming, and you give an "all follow" command to another pet you're controlling ("all follow me" doesn't seem to cause problems), the pet you are riding will instantly go wild (but your other controlled pets won't.) This bug is very strange, be extremely cautious - keep all valuable pets in the stable until this is fixed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes this is real!!! The all follow is the only one bugged. You lose the mount as soon as you use that command.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It happens when the target of the "all follow" command is a player character. It doesn't happen when the target is a regular mob. I don't know about bosses, peerless and other special mobs.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And yes, I lost a pretty nice nightmare to this. Thanks for figuring it out.

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It happens when the target of the "all follow" command is a player character. It doesn't happen when the target is a regular mob. I don't know about bosses, peerless and other special mobs.
I found it to happen when the target is another player, yourself, another follower, and Virtuebane. I haven't thought to test regular mobs (like a wild goat or something) but will do so when I get home in just a bit.

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tamed a unicorn, fed it, and tested the bug on a wandering healer and a great hart. It went wild both times.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well maybe there's a difference when they are bonded. My bonded nightmare didn't go wild when I used the all follow command while farming pets. But I guess the bottom line is, just don't use the all follow command until this is fixed.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Wait a minute. I know what it was, when I'm hunting mobs I dismount before I use my kill macro.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the time being, swap out your All Kill All Follow command to the name of the specific pet followed by kill/follow

DUB KILL/ DUB FOLLOW Etc etc. Not sure if it works with pets that have spaces in their names though. But will be a temporary solution until the devs fix.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah that's the best anyone can do unfortunately though I CAN tell you that Bleak has seen and read this thread so you can be sure that they are aware of the issue..

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not a problem..though I am having some issues testing this.

I always use the All Follow Me command...usually whispered so I can do some RP stuff with it and say Get over here or..come here or something like that.

I only tell my pet to *All Follow* when we are doing the roof and we are on Anon.....I tell it to follow then target Anon...when he transforms I tell it All stop, All Stay so he doesn't wander back to me...then all kill again when he transforms back.

I haven't done the roof in some time so cannot test it there...but I did use the All Follow Me command on all of my pets in the stables and they followed me without issues...so this bug only happens when? When you tell your pet to follow ANYTHING or ANYONE but yourself?

Okay upon further testing...I took out my pets one at a time...Cu's, Hyrus, blue beetle, tiger, Wyrm...and told them ALL FOLLOW...typed it out..and clicked on the stable master..and one other NPC in the area...they all followed that NPC without issues...then used the All Follow Me command and they responded without issues.

Now, this morning, I have one of my tamers logged out in Doom..and did the same thing...all follow then targeted the Dark Father..no issues there either....so...not sure what's happening? I am not having any issues with my pets :/

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"All follow me " command seems safe. "click pet follow" seems safe.

But "all follow" curser causes the pet you are riding to go wild when you click on any player or mob.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not a problem..though I am having some issues testing this.

I always use the All Follow Me command...usually whispered so I can do some RP stuff with it and say Get over here or..come here or something like that.

I only tell my pet to *All Follow* when we are doing the roof and we are on Anon.....I tell it to follow then target Anon...when he transforms I tell it All stop, All Stay so he doesn't wander back to me...then all kill again when he transforms back.

I haven't done the roof in some time so cannot test it there...but I did use the All Follow Me command on all of my pets in the stables and they followed me without issues...so this bug only happens when? When you tell your pet to follow ANYTHING or ANYONE but yourself?

Okay upon further testing...I took out my pets one at a time...Cu's, Hyrus, blue beetle, tiger, Wyrm...and told them ALL FOLLOW...typed it out..and clicked on the stable master..and one other NPC in the area...they all followed that NPC without issues...then used the All Follow Me command and they responded without issues.

Now, this morning, I have one of my tamers logged out in Doom..and did the same thing...all follow then targeted the Dark Father..no issues there either....so...not sure what's happening? I am not having any issues with my pets :/
You need to be riding the pet for the bug to kick in.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It must be with a pet that requires taming skill.

All I know is this: be extremely careful on taking any valuable pets out. For anyone with high rated Dreads, Banes, GDs, Cu's... I would suggest keeping them in the stable until this bug is confirmed to be resolved.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so I just tried again...got out one of my Hiyrus....got on a horse...said all follow and targetted one of the chiv NPC's in luna...the pet followed the npc without an issue BUT I heard the sound of my horse whinning when I did it...whinning? You know what I mean :/ lol so THAT was odd like why would I hear my horse if I"m on it?

Same with other pets....I hear the horse when I say all follow but the pet follows without a problem.

finee.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I GOT IT! Yeah I shouldn't sound happy about that right? LOL

Okay so I got on my Hiyru...told my HORSE to follow and I got kicked off my Hiyru and it unbonded.

worked.jpg

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's this? Pet bonding potions are now twice as expensive in the in game store? (joke)

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bug... really..? seems more like a way for the store to sell out of Instant Pet Bond Potions! :eyes: $$$ upload_2017-1-29_9-55-33.png $$$ :eyes:

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All Follow Me command seems to be working fine for me
Correct, "all follow me" is not having issues. The problem is with something like this:

I'm RIDING a nightmare, and have a rune beetle following me. I say "all follow" and TARGET a player/pet/monster/NPC. My rune beetle will follow fine, but my NIGHTMARE will instantly go wild.

This also seems to only be happening with pets that require taming - things like cu sidhes, hiryus, unicorns etc. will do this, but horses, beetles, llamas etc. are just fine.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
wonder why this bug is effecting GD at Virtuebane.
its not like your riding them.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonder why this bug is effecting GD at Virtuebane.
its not like your riding them.
Does the unbonding with GDs only happen with flying (i.e., mounted) gargoyles, or does it also happen with walking characters of any race?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does the unbonding with GDs only happen with flying (i.e., mounted) gargoyles, or does it also happen with walking characters of any race?
I haven't had any issues using "all follow" for any of my pets on VB, gargoyle or human, flying or walking, since the patch. That includes Cu, Tiger, Rune Beetle and GD.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i havnt had any issues either but i have seen a lot of people posting that they have.

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had any issues using "all follow" for any of my pets on VB, gargoyle or human, flying or walking, since the patch. That includes Cu, Tiger, Rune Beetle and GD.
That's probably because the glitch is very oddly specific. It only happens when you're RIDING a pet that requires taming, and give ANOTHER pet the follow command. For example, I'm RIDING a unicorn and also have a white wyrm, I say "all follow," and as soon as I target something, the unicorn I'm RIDING will instantly go wild - but the white wyrm will be fine. So you really probably wouldn't come across it unless you use a pet combination including a mount.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's probably because the glitch is very oddly specific. It only happens when you're RIDING a pet that requires taming, and give ANOTHER pet the follow command. For example, I'm RIDING a unicorn and also have a white wyrm, I say "all follow," and as soon as I target something, the unicorn I'm RIDING will instantly go wild - but the white wyrm will be fine. So you really probably wouldn't come across it unless you use a pet combination including a mount.
Yes, I realize that. There are some claiming this issue is also affecting pets not being ridden, like a GD when told to follow VB. I was simply posting that I haven't experienced that issue after several roof encounters with unmounted pets.

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I realize that. There are some claiming this issue is also affecting pets not being ridden, like a GD when told to follow VB. I was simply posting that I haven't experienced that issue after several roof encounters with unmounted pets.
AH, I see now! That makes sense. Apologies, I'd been awake ~32 hours at the point I had posted that :D

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems ethys now disappear!!!!! A friend was on his ethy tiger..tamed a cu then said all follow me and then
he got dismounted from his ethy and it disappeared from his pack. So one bug got squished but not before
it had babies. :(

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

If you have two pets A (mountable pet) & B (anything else)

Pet A = a mountable pet (I tested this with a normal Nightmare, Frenzied Ostard)
While mounted on Pet A
Tell Pet B to "All follow" and target something.
Pet A (the mounted pet) kicks you off and goes wild.

Some people report this only seems to affect pets that require the Taming skill to control
However, all Mounted pets lose loyalty when commanding any additional pets to "all follow" > target. the mounted pet becomes "confused" but doesn't go wild unless it has a taming skill requirement to control.

I have not been able to replicate this with a Greater-dragon or any non-mountable pets.

I was also unable to replicate this using an "Ethereal mount", test with Cu Sidhe, Reptalon, & Unicorn ethereal mounts.

Edit: Tested on Lake Superior (non-published shard)

Edit #2: This bug seems to not occur on Origin, so should be fixed once the publish goes worldwide.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@KyronixEdit #2: This bug seems to not occur on Origin, so should be fixed once the publish goes worldwide.
Or it will be pushed out to all shards as is. This problem has been here to long and still nothing from the DEVs, not even a damn we are working on it.