• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WARNING do not give a follow command while riding tamer pets.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't @Larisa test this and she was able to duplicate it on Origin as well?
I'm unable to replicate it on Origin shard using the same method I used on my Lake Superior tests, which also seems to be the same method in which @Larisa has described.

I do notice that, when using the "All follow" command, the pet told to follow seems to following a two tiles behind, instead of one tile like it used too. It works normally if you tell the pet to "all follow" and target yourself, but everything else is followed two tiles apart.

I don't have but ~60/90 taming/lore on Origin, so I'm limited with testing there. However, the end result isn't the same as described in my tests on LS which would cause the pet to have a loyalty rating of "Confused" if it had no taming skill requirement to control, while performing the same test.

It must have been fixed on published shards sometime between Saturday and Thursday (yesterday), undocumented of course...

This does still occur on every non-published shard though, so proceed with caution.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Didn't @Larisa test this and she was able to duplicate it on Origin as well?
Yes I did it on Origin. I would try it with my gargoyle tamer and my GD but I'd rather not :/ lol she's down in Doom atm and would rather not lose my dragon down there lol.

Okay so I just did the same test I did before, on the Hiyru and told my horse to follow and it worked as intended so apparently they DID fix it and didn't say anything :/

Last edited:

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do notice that, when using the "All follow" command, the pet told to follow seems to following a two tiles behind, instead of one tile like it used too. It works normally if you tell the pet to "all follow" and target yourself, but everything else is followed two tiles apart.
I've always noticed that they follow OTHER pets a couple tiles behind (except unicorns and ki-rins, I wonder if it's something to do with the karma), but the owner, other players, NPCs, monsters, bosses - they follow those things right behind.

Okay so I just did the same test I did before, on the Hiyru and told my horse to follow and it worked as intended so apparently they DID fix it and didn't say anything :/
You did this on Origin? Because I did it just now on Atlantic. I rode a ki-rin and told a nightmare to follow, the ki-rin went instantly wild - I did it twice.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You did this on Origin? Because I did it just now on Atlantic. I rode a ki-rin and told a nightmare to follow, the ki-rin went instantly wild - I did it twice.
Yes I just did that on Origin, same as before...was on my Hiyru and told my horse to follow...the first time I did it, I got knocked off the hiyru and it unbonded, this time nothing happened.

Atlantic doesn't have the publish...maybe they put in a fix for it only on TC, Origin and Baja.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've always noticed that they follow OTHER pets a couple tiles behind (except unicorns and ki-rins, I wonder if it's something to do with the karma), but the owner, other players, NPCs, monsters, bosses - they follow those things right behind.

I was telling my pets to "all follow" random npc's/animals at trinsic moongate on Origin, they all seemed to be one tile apart (2 tile range) from each other... didn't test that part on non-published shards, but I never had that happen before with any pet.... though I'll admit, I do not play tamers often. (one of my least played characters tbh)

Yea, the problem still persists on most shards, Origin has been fixed because it's the patched with the current update. It would have been nice if the Devs had said something about it, unless they somehow missed this thread and fixed it by accident, which could be a possibility... though unlikely

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An official response from the dev team would be nice... i'm paranoid about taking my tamers out to be honest because if i lost a pet due to this bug id be less than happy.... I mean it takes less then 2 min to just say hey we fixed this or hey we are patching it... whatever something other than silence and wondering what the hell .. @Mesanna, @Kyronix, @Bleak

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spread the word. The "all follow" bug is still active on the other servers. Unaware players will log in this weekend.

:thumbup: for fixing it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i took a break for a week or so right when this bug came out.
came back tonight, went on to Origin and tamed a Cu and tamed a Frenzied Ozzy.
ive been sitting on the Cu and spamming for the ozzy to follow everything i can find and nothing has happened to the Cu's loyalty.
i got off and got on the Ozzy and spammed for the Cu to follow like 40 NPCs and nothing went wild.

is this bug fixed?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only if the shard has the publish, so yes on Baja, Origin and the rest of us get it tomorrow.