• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 96 Comes to TC1

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Do you even pvm? I can burn through 255 dura. In 2 days of grinding. Absolutely terrible idea
You've completely missed the point. Yes, I'm sure you can go from 255-0 in two days. But if you're repairing as soon as it's necessary, 75 total durability will last you many months in PvM. Are you doing 2-day grind sessions for the entire year with no days skipped? That isn't representative of the player base at all.

Rate of durability loss also varies drastically depending on the PvM you're doing, so 75 total lasting for a year for a player who PvMs for a limited amount of time daily and takes off a healthy amount of days is completely reasonable for about a year of use.

That being said, I completely hate the idea of limited total durability.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So huh... the 24 tiles field of view is nice and dandy, but it also caused a significant increase in lag on my 250 ms ping.
And with the increased lag, the position displacement and desynch bug on the EC became FAR more predominant. And before this change it happened with 1, 2, rarely 3 tiles of position displacement. At Fel Corgul and Fel Turtle today I experience 8 tiles of displacement at worst, and 4 tiles of displacement on average, every single time I engaged a large group of enemies.
If you guys @Kyronix and @Bleak could take a look at that bug, it would be pretty great.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You couldn't just put loot down there? You had to make it recipes and thus shorten the lifespan of the content by an order of magnitude? Now instead of 10 interested people needing 10 drops, they need 1 recipe and a stack of Doom arties that have been gathering dust for 200 years.

Screw crafting, I need things to DO.

Anyone fought the bosses yet?
You still need the DF blood as an ingredient, which is only available from the Dark Father. We're still tweaking the consumption rates and will adjust accordingly.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix @Bleak -- I personally feel this is one of the better updates of the last few years, and admittedly I've been very critical of many recent pubs. The CC game window increase is long overdue but I'm really glad its finally been done and its a much better game play experience. Good job Bleak. Is there a possibility of a 1280x864 window size? I'm torn between 1280x720 and 1152x864.. I think 1280x720 is a little awkwardly wide so I'm leaning toward the latter.

I do unfortunately kind of agree with Spock on the Doom recipe drop concept. While it certainly is a welcome way to utilize older/useless artifacts -- and I hope it remains in place -- I would also like to see a few new artifact drops that don't need to be crafted. Maybe ultra rares (artifact rarity 12+) can be a newly added drop? Doom was always appealing to me when it first came out because some of those artifacts (drops or stealables) always seemed deviously difficult to obtain, but when eventually had it was very rewarding. Would be cool to have that feeling again...

Thanks again Devs.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you want us to run the gauntlet to get out of date arties to kill dark fathers just to get a chance to change the artifact. Why not just drop the new arties directly as a revamped dungeon like you did with despise tram. Just update the content or let us turn in the old arties for new ones with out all the hoops to jump thru. I don't understand why this need to be so complex for items that are not in any way game breakers.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You still need the DF blood as an ingredient, which is only available from the Dark Father. We're still tweaking the consumption rates and will adjust accordingly.
When that is dun, can you flip the switch that puts the champ spawn rates back to normal??

Thank ya!!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jesus Christ that mage hat is crazy on mods. That's like something I'd joke about having

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the feedback. The benefit of those extra 20 points in skill is that it allows you to craft the artifacts whereas someone who has not invested those points cannot. You've also got tools that will boost your skills well beyond 120, as well as crafting talisman that will increase your chance of success and reduce your loss of materials on failure.

These items require the highest levels of craftsmanship to navigate their delicate construction, hence the requirement for the maximum skill - whether that be 100 or 120 depending on the crafting school.
Please advise what 'tools' increase tailoring skill from 100 to a higher level? It was always stated that you could do ANYTHING in game with GM skill and just get a much better success rate if you put addional points in. Seems that just went out with the bathwater.

Also here we go again with making crafting over complicated and requiring stupid amounts of resouces to craft.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You couldn't just put loot down there? You had to make it recipes and thus shorten the lifespan of the content by an order of magnitude? Now instead of 10 interested people needing 10 drops, they need 1 recipe and a stack of Doom arties that have been gathering dust for 200 years.

Screw crafting, I need things to DO.

Anyone fought the bosses yet?
Totally agree, what a waste of effort and now another over complicated bit of drivel . Why not just make the good artis drop so we had something to actually do. I am a crafter but buggered if I wanna mess around with this overcomplicated stuff again. It will go the way of refinements and all the other peerless artifacts that are NEVER CRAFTED these days as imbuing killed the need and the 'shame' loot revamp put the final nail in the loot coffin.

I would just like to be able to get a group or a couple of people and go fight stuff and 'get' a drap not stuff around with getting drops that then need recipes yadda yadda oh god what a waste.

I am now playing Siege full time, before I close my accounts for good, this does ''nothing' for inspiring me to continue playing. They needed to just revamp all the arties to stuff that people would want to go and fight for, instead yet again we get over complication, the requirement to have smiths and tailors and old junk artis to craft up.

FORGET IT. How disappointing.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you want us to run the gauntlet to get out of date arties to kill dark fathers just to get a chance to change the artifact. Why not just drop the new arties directly as a revamped dungeon like you did with despise tram. Just update the content or let us turn in the old arties for new ones with out all the hoops to jump thru. I don't understand why this need to be so complex for items that are not in any way game breakers.
Because this dev team wants everyone to jump through ten hoops to get anything. Same as the high seas canon fiasco, all the hours and hours doing quest chains, especially the Eodon stuff. The time it takes for everyone to get keys in Exodus, refinements (chokes) grind grind grind grind.

Why not just let us go kill stuff and get nice drops? Too simple. Lets just let everyone rush and do it for a few weeks, then when they see the time it takes and the 'freshness' wears off then ppl will just stop doing it like they have already stopped doing most of the Eodon content, and how old is that?

The original DOOM stuff lasted for years, pretty much until imbuing came in and destroyed the artifact market. Instead of just revamping the doom artis to stuff people might want they have to do this blood and recipe and crafting old crap and it is already in the 'can't be bothered' camp for most people, especially those without crafters. And to top it off with a GM tailor or smith you are gonna have 0 chance anyways.

I am pretty pee'd with the whole thing as you can probably tell.

Another wasted opportunity to give the players something worthwile to do without jumping through a gazillion hoops.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
in the new CC client sizes, when using them i can't see what text i'm typing until i hit enter (can't see while typing). Also I can't see the top and bottom of the screen. is this because of something wrong with the size/client, or with my computer/monitor resolution, or both, or something else?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When that is dun, can you flip the switch that puts the champ spawn rates back to normal??

Thank ya!!
As someone who actually tried the champ spawn changes on Test center when they were in effect, read the posts from the devs and has done a good number of spawns since may I confirm that they SAID they had reverted that change, and DID revert that change. Spawns currently are exactly as they were before. If you feel they aren't I can only assume that you did not actually experience the change they made, when spawn at the first level was too sparse for a lone archer to kill fast enough to move the altar on.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just read most of the posts on this thread.
Thank you for the increased size of the screen, brings the game more into the modern era.
See no mention of new bods except for cooking. Hopefully this was a time issue and more will be added latter.
The creation of new artifacts I suppose will be tried by players with a lot of time on there hands (I'm not one of them).
The new artifacts would have been more usefully a few years ago, but not now compared to the legendary artifacts that are out in the game now. I will never see a need to use them.
The new talisman I will have to see how these play out compared to what I have now. Hoping they will become useful
but the new bod talisman have been implemented (they do have charges of use).
My biggest hope is that some how new updates (patches, content) will inspire old players to return and new ones to be created.

My one suggestion on the artifacts is to make them more on even par with the legendary artifacts, but with properties not normally
associated with the legendary equipment we have now. This makes them more enticing for effort needed to make them. I'm not saying its going
to be easy especially for PVP, but that's where player feedback is important.

Sorry if this sounds negative, but I'm trying to be positive for the good of our game.
Oh I really enjoyed the artisian festival, I saw a lot of players rallying together on various shards to make the tree grow. Hopefully
this will continue with new content and a bit of tweeking so that more shards have a better chance to be successful.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Bleak Hey man, there's been rumor going around that SSI is going to be nerfed down to 40? I'm not sure where it came from but can you confirm or rebuke these rumors?

No clue if they were confused about the damage tweak over ssi reduction.

Thanks.

PS. Please take parry of focus restriction list, it doesn't belong there.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I object.
The items aren't the problem. The melee combat system is, which forces you to have mana leech. The weapons are just, what everyone blames...
Fixing the combat would also "fix" all those artifact weapons, which noone is using...
Oh, I agree, but yeah, that ain't gonna get the complete overhaul that would be required to fix it. They can't do simple adjustments without people raging, imagine completely overhauling the whole combat system. :p

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Using Doom artifacts as ingredients was a neat idea when it came to oddball side stuff like the Kotl City thing or whatever, but making it the primary method of loot acquisition from Doom itself is over the top. Doom was already pretty much perfect. It stayed relevant for YEARS until all the items from it were utterly obsolete, and it had that neat thing where your drop chance increased whenever you failed to get a drop, the same kind of system WoW would end up using years later to distribute legendary items. It was fun and it broke the UO random drop PVM paradigm of having to do 200 runs to get anything. All you had to do was cook up a new set of relevant artifacts and chuck it down there.

Now it's a bunch of bosses that still drop obsolete junk, some recipes for which demand will be satisfied in relatively short order, and a blood farm. Stop trying so goddamn hard with the crafting thing.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Seriously a game this heavily based on loot acquisition needs to make a much better experience of it. You're always either getting eyestrain scanning a billion items on a corpse that will despawn long before you're done, or doing 300 runs and getting nothing, or now this, farming for recipes.

Recipes aren't sexy. Loot is sexy. I want a loot getting experience that's actually fun. Stop with the crafting boondoggles already.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Seriously a game this heavily based on loot acquisition needs to make a much better experience of it. You're always either getting eyestrain scanning a billion items on a corpse that will despawn long before you're done, or doing 300 runs and getting nothing, or now this, farming for recipes.
That's actually a good point. What about making mob corpses last longer, perhaps scaled with how much stuff is still left on them? Esp for boss corpses, there's literally not enough time to dry loot them even if you're not stopping to read the properties and decide if anything's worth keeping.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Jesus Christ that mage hat is crazy on mods. That's like something I'd joke about having
Cet! Yeah its overpowered AF and they couldnt even make a comparable dexxer arty because they think we want 16 str on a weapon.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
N
Cet! Yeah its overpowered AF and they couldnt even make a comparable dexxer arty because they think we want 16 str on a weapon.
Nah we'd rather have +skill bonus on one rofl

Hope all is well sir

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone have some screenshots of the new game window sizes?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak @Kyronix

The cooking BODs that were "fixed" will not bribe up on TC. Sweet cocoa butter, and unbaked pies are not bribing correctly.

The cook says a 20 normal unbaked apple pie will bribe up but the cook just hands it back as is. The other pies wont allow bribe past 20 normal. The muffins and 3 tiered cake wont bribe past 20 normal.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
in the new CC client sizes, when using them i can't see what text i'm typing until i hit enter (can't see while typing). Also I can't see the top and bottom of the screen. is this because of something wrong with the size/client, or with my computer/monitor resolution, or both, or something else?
sorry to reply to my own post. anyone know about this? issue is in the new CC sizes, I can't see the top and bottom of the screen and the "bottom" includes any text I'm typing. could of course be an issue with my own monitor/screen resolution but wanted to see if maybe this is a client issue that there's a workaround for.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
sorry to reply to my own post. anyone know about this? issue is in the new CC sizes, I can't see the top and bottom of the screen and the "bottom" includes any text I'm typing. could of course be an issue with my own monitor/screen resolution but wanted to see if maybe this is a client issue that there's a workaround for.
Maybe the window size you chose is larger than your monitor resolution

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Maybe the window size you chose is larger than your monitor resolution
thank u. my thought too. but thought i'd ask in case others had the issue, which might suggest it was something else. my monitor is pretty bad and resolution options are limited, so i suspect i'm stuck! thanx again.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You've completely missed the point. Yes, I'm sure you can go from 255-0 in two days. But if you're repairing as soon as it's necessary, 75 total durability will last you many months in PvM. Are you doing 2-day grind sessions for the entire year with no days skipped? That isn't representative of the player base at all.

Rate of durability loss also varies drastically depending on the PvM you're doing, so 75 total lasting for a year for a player who PvMs for a limited amount of time daily and takes off a healthy amount of days is completely reasonable for about a year of use.

That being said, I completely hate the idea of limited total durability.
For a mage, maybe. For a melee character, weapons especially lose durability real fast. So no. Keep everything new at 255.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For a mage, maybe. For a melee character, weapons especially lose durability real fast. So no. Keep everything new at 255.
Exactly, for mages and tamers perhaps who just stand back... and equipment on archers and throwers some... but a melee character especially if you are fighting anything like acid slugs, slimes, etc...

quovadis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
@Bleak @Kyronix
thanks for the time you pass to renew the game.the revamp of doom arties is great but only 2 of what you done are really usefull Scholar's Halo and
Cuffs of the arch mage

Added Parry to focus spec restriction list fix nothing only nerf pure mage and dont help any melee agaisnt parry

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The Doom monster adjustments are REALLY weak. Bordering on no noticeable difference. What you need to realise it that you've added about a million tons of properties to the game since then. Even an average suited player is going to breeze through the place like it's nothing. I literally solo'd the entire thing with 2 instruments.

Darknight Creepers - They've removed their Necro spells (really confusing thing to do), the only noticeable difference I could tell was that they seem to have endless mana - I let one dump on me for ages before killing it and it was still Flamestriking every 3rd/4th spell, but otherwise just seem weaker without the Necro.

Flesh Renderers - Odd behaviours. Blew up the doors, which was handy for me as I could let in all the left over Undead from the DF to Provoke on to them. They randomly go invincible (yellow), and Teleport either back to where they spawn or on to you, if they do it on to you then you get Poisoned and hit for around 90 damage. Pretty easy to avoid as you can pre cast Arch Cure while it's frozen yellow then just heal up.

Impalers - Have been given Necro spells, seemingly apart from Blood Oath (or I was just unusually lucky), mainly they just Mind Rot you over and over, and can Teleport to you, otherwise no different.

Shadow Knights - Now have Necro (unless they always did and I forgot) don't seem any stronger.

Abysmal Horror - Seems weaker, easily distracted by 2 EV's.

Dark Father - Target switches when you run towards it. Can counter attack damage by summoning (this is in addition to the normal bones it throws) any of the normal Undead, plus Ancient Lich Lords and (for some unknown reason) Blood Elementals that are all instantly aggrod on you. Seems faster but no harder.

---

I would like to see Doom made much harder. Minimum of 5 of everything to spawn even for one player, with an extra 1 for every 5. Remove all template restrictions (things unable to be Provoked/Peaced etc.) and let the chaos commence. My suggestions:
-Give the Darknight Creepers back their Necro, increase their movement speed (they have 6 legs ffs?!), give them the ability to debuff skills like Juo'nar.
-Flesh Renderers, the 90 damage thing is stupid and there's no reason for it, they hit barely at all. Increase their Wrestling, give them a temporary means of lowering a resist (like Swoop/Hiryus/Rune Beetles).
-Impalers, remove Necro (they are a Demon!) and give them Onslaught which would fit better with them having Swords for hands.
-Shadow Knights, the Hiding/Stealth thing is really pointless, it was cute way back when but serves no purpose. If they are Knights and Shadow ones, give them some sort of anti-Chivalry, give them a specialism of some sort... like the Fencing Masteries. Or Ninjitsu.
-Abyssal Horrors, having high Eval monsters is great and all, unless you make it so they sit there pointlessly targeting summons so no one is ever in any danger! They've got 200 Eval, give them Auto Dispel. And... just throwing this out there... a spell version of pack instinct, so if you've got 2 of them on you their damage increases.
-Dark Fathers, apart from stomping around after you and spawning a ton of stuff that you can mostly kill with a Firehorn, they're not very aggressive. Give them access to every move in the game! I mean, every special move, every Mastery, every spell school. They have terrible resists and skills. Make them (or anything!) the toughest monster in game.

Oh, and make everything that drops have a better version.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Doom monster adjustments are REALLY weak. Bordering on no noticeable difference. What you need to realise it that you've added about a million tons of properties to the game since then. Even an average suited player is going to breeze through the place like it's nothing. I literally solo'd the entire thing with 2 instruments.

Darknight Creepers - They've removed their Necro spells (really confusing thing to do), the only noticeable difference I could tell was that they seem to have endless mana - I let one dump on me for ages before killing it and it was still Flamestriking every 3rd/4th spell, but otherwise just seem weaker without the Necro.

Flesh Renderers - Odd behaviours. Blew up the doors, which was handy for me as I could let in all the left over Undead from the DF to Provoke on to them. They randomly go invincible (yellow), and Teleport either back to where they spawn or on to you, if they do it on to you then you get Poisoned and hit for around 90 damage. Pretty easy to avoid as you can pre cast Arch Cure while it's frozen yellow then just heal up.

Impalers - Have been given Necro spells, seemingly apart from Blood Oath (or I was just unusually lucky), mainly they just Mind Rot you over and over, and can Teleport to you, otherwise no different.

Shadow Knights - Now have Necro (unless they always did and I forgot) don't seem any stronger.

Abysmal Horror - Seems weaker, easily distracted by 2 EV's.

Dark Father - Target switches when you run towards it. Can counter attack damage by summoning (this is in addition to the normal bones it throws) any of the normal Undead, plus Ancient Lich Lords and (for some unknown reason) Blood Elementals that are all instantly aggrod on you. Seems faster but no harder.

---

I would like to see Doom made much harder. Minimum of 5 of everything to spawn even for one player, with an extra 1 for every 5. Remove all template restrictions (things unable to be Provoked/Peaced etc.) and let the chaos commence. My suggestions:
-Give the Darknight Creepers back their Necro, increase their movement speed (they have 6 legs ffs?!), give them the ability to debuff skills like Juo'nar.
-Flesh Renderers, the 90 damage thing is stupid and there's no reason for it, they hit barely at all. Increase their Wrestling, give them a temporary means of lowering a resist (like Swoop/Hiryus/Rune Beetles).
-Impalers, remove Necro (they are a Demon!) and give them Onslaught which would fit better with them having Swords for hands.
-Shadow Knights, the Hiding/Stealth thing is really pointless, it was cute way back when but serves no purpose. If they are Knights and Shadow ones, give them some sort of anti-Chivalry, give them a specialism of some sort... like the Fencing Masteries. Or Ninjitsu.
-Abyssal Horrors, having high Eval monsters is great and all, unless you make it so they sit there pointlessly targeting summons so no one is ever in any danger! They've got 200 Eval, give them Auto Dispel. And... just throwing this out there... a spell version of pack instinct, so if you've got 2 of them on you their damage increases.
-Dark Fathers, apart from stomping around after you and spawning a ton of stuff that you can mostly kill with a Firehorn, they're not very aggressive. Give them access to every move in the game! I mean, every special move, every Mastery, every spell school. They have terrible resists and skills. Make them (or anything!) the toughest monster in game.

Oh, and make everything that drops have a better version.
Not so sure about the Dark Father idea but the rest of it yes... I like.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Dark Father [...] and (for some unknown reason) Blood Elementals that are all instantly aggrod on you.
Because demon and elemental are opposed slayer types, meaning if you're a dexer bashing away with a demon slayer weapon, the bloods are going to hit you for double damage. It's a sneaky dexer nerf.

I don't know. I've screamed for a Doom update louder than anyone but this is all really unenthusing.

Man @Kyronix you know what? Screw crafting, okay? You guys run literally the only loot-based game since Diablo 1 to not feature any kind of color-coding system, a loot-based game with basically zero looting experiences that are any fun, and yet here you sit crapping up a major PVM update with more crafting stuff.

You know why this is disappointing? Because Doom isn't going to be about hoping some awesome artifact drops. It's going to be about farming dark father blood and other boring garbage I can't use, dumping it on a vendor, hoping it sells, and then buying whatever item I want from vendor search. It's not a fun slot machine, it's just another thing to grind.

I already sat through a whole update cycle that was all about adding new ways for people to bake pies and craft chairs and crap and turn them in for rewards, or whatever. I sat quietly, too, because hey I guess those people deserve to get something. But this is a PVM update. Give me some loot. Give me a slot machine. Give me some bells and whistles. Give me something to tickle the back of my lizard brain.

Seriously, go play Diablo 2 for a while and don't come back until you can tell us why people like it.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Because demon and elemental are opposed slayer types, meaning if you're a dexer bashing away with a demon slayer weapon, the bloods are going to hit you for double damage. It's a sneaky dexer nerf.

I don't know. I've screamed for a Doom update louder than anyone but this is all really unenthusing.
Ah yeah, I though it might be that, but couldn't remember and couldn't be arsed to look up which ones were opposites.

The general loot is also shockingly bad, and needs to be heavily bumped.The 32k HP Dark Father drops 4k gold and about 10 items. Plus scrolls, why scrolls? Who the f is going to Doom to get scrolls?! Get that out of there and put something useful on there like 40-50 of some random* Imbuing ingredient, so that when I have to remake some suit or weapon I don't have to go and farm pointless crap somewhere else.

(*by random, in case it's not obvious, you can safely assume that no one gives a **** about Imbuing Hit Magic Arrow)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Man @Kyronix you know what? Screw crafting, okay? You guys run literally the only loot-based game since Diablo 1 to not feature any kind of color-coding system, a loot-based game with basically zero looting experiences that are any fun, and yet here you sit crapping up a major PVM update with more crafting stuff.

You know why this is disappointing? Because Doom isn't going to be about hoping some awesome artifact drops. It's going to be about farming dark father blood and other boring garbage I can't use, dumping it on a vendor, hoping it sells, and then buying whatever item I want from vendor search. It's not a fun slot machine, it's just another thing to grind.

I already sat through a whole update cycle that was all about adding new ways for people to bake pies and craft chairs and crap and turn them in for rewards, or whatever. I sat quietly, too, because hey I guess those people deserve to get something. But this is a PVM update. Give me some loot. Give me a slot machine. Give me some bells and whistles. Give me something to tickle the back of my lizard brain.

Seriously, go play Diablo 2 for a while and don't come back until you can tell us why people like it.
That's a fair enough request, with the next update to TC1 we hope to address this as well as some other issues. Thanks for the feedback!

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you just allow us to turn in 10 doom arties for a choice of a new one or could you just change the drops to all new and skip all the other crafting recipe related stuff? There is no reason to add new properties to items you can just buff them the way the hat and staff of the magi were for the Halloween content. (or do you want specific items listed as to how they should be buffed?) Sorry not sure what specific you needed

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Plus scrolls, why scrolls?
I wish they would stop dropping scrolls as loot on all mobs. up to level 4 can be bought at mages also, I would like to see that changed to only levels 1-3. All necro, mystic, and mage over level 3 should have to be bought from a players vendor...give scribes something to do besides hope someone just happens to need 500 gate scrolls to charge a tele tile.

edit--

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As someone who actually tried the champ spawn changes on Test center when they were in effect, read the posts from the devs and has done a good number of spawns since may I confirm that they SAID they had reverted that change, and DID revert that change. Spawns currently are exactly as they were before. If you feel they aren't I can only assume that you did not actually experience the change they made, when spawn at the first level was too sparse for a lone archer to kill fast enough to move the altar on.
I'll time a few spawns. Maybe I did miss it. It still seems like I'm running around trying to find spawn still. Could you post the link where the devs said they put it back to normal?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mind being a bit more specific? We are more than willing to bump the arties (within reason) but need some actionable feedback. Great write-up, thanks!
Are you because I'd prefer if you did this:

Bow of the Infinite Swarm
wt 5 st
Archery +15
swarm 20%
Hit stamina leech 50%
Stamina inc 8
Stamina regen 3
SSI 30%
DI 50%
Physical damage 100%
damage 16 - 20
speed 4s
range 10
str 45
2 hands archery
255/255

Lose the +15 Archery and add 50% HML

Cuffs of the arch mage (bone armor)
wt 2 st
Resist Spells +15
Mana inc 5
SDI 20%
resists: 20/10/10/10/10
mage armor
str 55
255/255

Lose the Resist Spells add 20LRC...

Scholar's Halo (hats)
wt 1 st
int bonus 8
mana inc 15
MR 4
SDI 12%
FC1
LMC 15%
Resists: 0/3/5/8/8
str 10
255/255

Give this thing some resists... that is abysmal. Even if it is just 10/10/10/10/10...

Mind being a bit more specific? We are more than willing to bump the arties (within reason) but need some actionable feedback. Great write-up, thanks!
This is where it actually gets hard. How do you update Doom artifacts to make them compete with the Legendary Artifacts that drop now without making every Doom artifact BiS? Do we want to be wearing full suits of Doom artifacts? Where is the middle ground here?

EDIT: Maybe come up with a list of the 20 most common templates and design one BiS artifact for each of them, rework the original Doom artifacts to those. That's a lot of work though.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you because I'd prefer if you did this:

Bow of the Infinite Swarm
wt 5 st
Archery +15
swarm 20%
Hit stamina leech 50%
Stamina inc 8
Stamina regen 3
SSI 30%
DI 50%
Physical damage 100%
damage 16 - 20
speed 4s
range 10
str 45
2 hands archery
255/255

Lose the +15 Archery and add 50% HML

Cuffs of the arch mage (bone armor)
wt 2 st
Resist Spells +15
Mana inc 5
SDI 20%
resists: 20/10/10/10/10
mage armor
str 55
255/255

Lose the Resist Spells add 20LRC...

Scholar's Halo (hats)
wt 1 st
int bonus 8
mana inc 15
MR 4
SDI 12%
FC1
LMC 15%
Resists: 0/3/5/8/8
str 10
255/255

Give this thing some resists... that is abysmal. Even if it is just 10/10/10/10/10...
Having 15 resist on arms is WAY better than 20 LRC. Not even close with how easy LRC is to get and how scare skill increase is on anywhere in the suit that is not the head/jewels/tally.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'll time a few spawns. Maybe I did miss it. It still seems like I'm running around trying to find spawn still. Could you post the link where the devs said they put it back to normal?
I did several spawns this weekend on Legends and the spawn amount is still not back to normal since that dreaded publish.
The only difference now is that the client/server position desync bug is worse with 24 tiles being visible. :D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Who the f is going to Doom to get scrolls?!
Uhhhhh... EVERYONE I HAVE EVER KNOWN THAT MAKES SPELLBOOKS, over 14 years of playing?

The DF is the only reliable and easily killable supply of looted Level 8 scrolls (the Mage 8 + Vampiric Embrace), and the mana cost is so crappy scribing the damn things (you can get 3-4 scribed before having to stop and meditate, sometimes 5 if you fail a lot), that most people would rather just do Doom and loot the scrolls. I've gone to the Gauntlet before with people whose ONLY reason for going was to collect a few hundred level 8 scrolls, and if they got a drop, that was an unexpected bonus in their eyes.

I only fill level 8 scribe BODs from DF loot. They are too much of a mana and reg drain to scribe, unless one is desperate.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for example the ornament of the magician:

fc 2
fcr 3
lmc 10
lrc 20
energy resist 15

it could use an upgrade by adding 15 dci to it. You could even drop the 15 energy resist in exchange for that...

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hunters Headress:
Archery +20
Hci 15
Dex 8
Stamina 8
Mana 8
Resists All 10

for example the ornament of the magician:

fc 2
fcr 3
lmc 10
lrc 20
energy resist 15

it could use an upgrade by adding 15 dci to it. You could even drop the 15 energy resist in exchange for that...
You think Orni needs to upgraded? It's one of the few artis that kept it's value all this time. It'd be at the bottom of my list.