• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 96 Comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, By approximately 2:00pm ET 1/19/2017 we will be pushing the first full release of Publish 96 to TC1. Publish 96 is full of new and exciting features, bug fixes, and new content so make sure you check out the full patch notes here and send us any feedback you have here. As always we will continue to update based on feedback through the TC1 and Origin, Izumo, and Baja. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
  • Added Parry to focus spec restriction list.
  • Increased PvP spell damage increase cap to 20%.
  • Focus spec spell damage increase cap reduced from 30% to 25%.

Really, parry IS on the focused list?

:facepalm:

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
all these and you still cant fix the bags for the EC? yea its nothing game breaking but it sure is annoying as hell, when they are on grid your stuff dissappears and you have to close and open the bag to see your stuff, when you have bags set to legacy they constantly get stuck on your cursor

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All potential cooking exceptional craftable items are now obtainable as exceptional BODs.

@Kyronix
Looks like you fixed the ones that couldn't be made exc before. Fruits LBOD need to have its value increased since those cant be made EXC. And removed from chart.

Please do the same for tinkering and carpentry. This thread has the issues. The Buggy new BODs - accumulating data Most will be fixed if the same is done as cooking.

Thanks!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Approaching player and monster names seems to be broken on the classic client with the latest patch. I checked it on both my production shard and on Test Center. In both cases, the option to see approaching names was on in the options but still no approaching names.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh great, more math required for ranged weapons now.

Also still not a fan of Warrior's Gift, but oh well. Wish it had some better bonuses.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix

So I got some more free time and was going to take your advice from yesterday to test crafting these new artifacts. Here is my issue; We don't have the recipes...So attaining the blood is relatively easy and we showed you that yesterday, but will I have to farm the crap out of doom in order to get the recipes just to test them? You asked for help testing the new crafting, but having to grind to get all the resources? I looked through the bag of recipes and couldn't find them in the bank. Any chance you could at least give us the recipes?

Also, after pondering our conversation yesterday I have a suggestion.

I think that the old doom artifacts ( helm of insight etc) should also have a chance to be lost in the crafting process. If they follow the imbuing method, we will have an over saturation of the market just like imbuing resources. If people lose their doom arties they will be forced to buy (good for the economy) or go back and grind (good for the new content). Just my two cents

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

So I got some more free time and was going to take your advice from yesterday to test crafting these new artifacts. Here is my issue; We don't have the recipes...So attaining the blood is relatively easy and we showed you that yesterday, but will I have to farm the crap out of doom in order to get the recipes just to test them? You asked for help testing the new crafting, but having to grind to get all the resources? I looked through the bag of recipes and couldn't find them in the bank. Any chance you could at least give us the recipes?

Also, after pondering our conversation yesterday I have a suggestion.

I think that the old doom artifacts ( helm of insight etc) should also have a chance to be lost in the crafting process. If they follow the imbuing method, we will have an over saturation of the market just like imbuing resources. If people lose their doom arties they will be forced to buy (good for the economy) or go back and grind (good for the new content). Just my two cents
There's a dispenser at the New Haven Bank, there's one for DF blood as well. Thanks for the feedback!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So. I read the recipes, made the items. Lost a heck of a lot of DF blood crafting the bow - over half the 50 claimed! Going to need a LOT of that.
Also claimed the new items from the 'give arties' command and compared them. Here's what I got:

Britches of Warding (armor)
wt 7 st
random eater 5% (made poison, bank gave kinetic to one char and fire to another)
stamina inc 12
hci 10%
resists 5 x 20%
str 60
255/255

Gloves of Feudal Grip (Misc) - red scales but I don't think scale colour has an effect
wt 2 st
random eater 5% - again different one made to those from bank.
str 10
stamina 8
luck 100
dci 10%
di 30%
resists 5 x 12%
str 75
255/255

The Deceiver (axes)
wt 8 st
Sparks 20%
Hit Energy Area 75%
HCI 20%
DCI 20%
LMC 8%
DI 75%
physical damage 100%
damage 16 - 19
speed 3.5s
str 40
2 hands swords.
255/255

Scholar's Halo (hats)
wt 1 st
int bonus 8
mana inc 15
MR 4
SDI 12%
FC1
LMC 15%
Resists: 0/3/5/8/8
str 10
255/255

Cuffs of the arch mage (bone armor)
wt 2 st
Resist Spells +15
Mana inc 5
SDI 20%
resists: 20/10/10/10/10
mage armor
str 55
255/255

Glenda (weapons)
wt 9 st
Bone Breaker
Hit mana drain 10%
Hit lower defense 70%
Str bonus 16
Damage increase 100%
Physical damage 100%
damage 10 - 14
speed 2.5s
str 40
1 hand mace
255/255

Ring of Primal Consumption
wt 1 st
Random Eater 20% (as above)
Luck 150
Resists: 5 x 10%
255/255

Bow of the Infinite Swarm
wt 5 st
Archery +15
swarm 20%
Hit stamina leech 50%
Stamina inc 8
Stamina regen 3
SSI 30%
DI 50%
Physical damage 100%
damage 16 - 20
speed 4s
range 10
str 45
2 hands archery
255/255

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing im concerned about.. getting the tailsman for improved spellbooks isnt that hard and its a nice item. But how to get 100 taint before we can use a tali? me and friends already used all our taint crafting with tali not getting much tbh. And now with improved tali..hunting peerless for it will take years .. could we get some help with increased spawn or other way to get them..or get them exchanged for some other peerless ingredient with no use? muculent or blight ?.Trade quests? I know there is a tiny chance to get taint in exodus dungeon but its very time consuming , not sure I ever got a taint there myself.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Blacksmithy – 5% success at 120 Blacksmithy skill
  • Carpentry – 5% success at 100 Carpentry skill
  • Fletching – 5% success at 100 Fletching Skill
  • Tailoring – 5% success at 120 Tailoring Skill
  • Tinkering – 5% Success at 100 Tinkering Skill
@Kyronix
You guys really don't understand what you are doing here do you? You have now made the extra 20 points in Blacksmithy and Tailoring a requirement, without any benefit.
Both Blacksmithy and Tailoring should be 5% success at 100 like the other skills, with increased chance of success at 120.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
You guys really don't understand what you are doing here do you? You have now made the extra 20 points in Blacksmithy and Tailoring a requirement, without any benefit.
Both Blacksmithy and Tailoring should be 5% success at 100 like the other skills, with increased chance of success at 120.
Thanks for the feedback. The benefit of those extra 20 points in skill is that it allows you to craft the artifacts whereas someone who has not invested those points cannot. You've also got tools that will boost your skills well beyond 120, as well as crafting talisman that will increase your chance of success and reduce your loss of materials on failure.

These items require the highest levels of craftsmanship to navigate their delicate construction, hence the requirement for the maximum skill - whether that be 100 or 120 depending on the crafting school.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The CC window size is the only worthwhile part of this update. All the combat changes have been a waste of time, since it fails at achieving diversity by not removing the Tactics requirement

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could those arties possibly be any worse? What a joke...

The halo is the only one worth the effort.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The bracers are pretty nice as well.

He did respond saying they are willing to make changes. So hopefully with enough peoples feed back on the uselessness of the arties we can get them adjusted.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could those arties possibly be any worse? What a joke...

The halo is the only one worth the effort.
I do agree for the most part, the entire revamp of doom is mostly being held up by that bandana alone.... the gloves can be useful for pvm-luck suits (for the people that don't buy enhance tools (this is why artifacts should be imbuable & enhancable))....and well, the rest of the items will be unused from anyone but the occasional role-player.

+12 stamina on leggings +10 HCI?... loot is much better..

Also, I gotta ask, why the hell do the devs add items with Eater % that doesn't scale with the normal property increments?
for one, with 5% eater, you're either 1% below the cap (or more below), or 2% above the cap, because the property spawns with increments of 3...

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ring of Primal Consumption sucks. Who needs resists on their suits these days? Replace resists with useful mods such as hci/dci or fc/fcr.

The Deceiver sucks. Slow weapon with no ssi. Also 8 LMC? Why? You should already be at max LMC without the weapon if you have a suit built anywhere within the last decade.

Last edited:

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The +15 Archery on the Bow of Infinite Swarm is highly questionable. Why would you want skill points on your weapon? You cannot switch weapons without breaking your template.

It doesn't have the Balanced property so it will suck for pvp. It doesn't have any Slayer or Mana Leech, so it will also suck for pvm

Last edited:

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
First, a big thank you to Bleak for his work on the larger game windows in the classic client. I moved up just one size and love it.

I have noticed one difference since the patch. The circle of transparency seems to be moved to the west instead of being centered on the character.

WildStar

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak

In the CC, the evening gown graphic has been inexplicably replaced with the new wedding dress graphic on the paperdoll.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All potential cooking exceptional craftable items are now obtainable as exceptional BODs.

@Kyronix
Looks like you fixed the ones that couldn't be made exc before. Fruits LBOD need to have its value increased since those cant be made EXC. And removed from chart.

Please do the same for tinkering and carpentry. This thread has the issues. The Buggy new BODs - accumulating data Most will be fixed if the same is done as cooking.

Thanks!

This is being done when??

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
  • Blacksmithy – 5% success at 120 Blacksmithy skill
  • Carpentry – 5% success at 100 Carpentry skill
  • Fletching – 5% success at 100 Fletching Skill
  • Tailoring – 5% success at 120 Tailoring Skill
  • Tinkering – 5% Success at 100 Tinkering Skill

I believe this will be a problem on Siege as the artifacts will be so expensive to make, that noone can afford the risk of losing them 5 mins after they take them out of town first time.
Could we increase the success for Siege or let 100 Armslore increase the success?

Bow of the Infinite Swarm
wt 5 st
Archery +15
swarm 20%
Hit stamina leech 50%
Stamina inc 8
Stamina regen 3
SSI 30%
DI 50%
Physical damage 100%
damage 16 - 20
speed 4s
range 10
str 45
2 hands archery
255/255
While I like the swarm 20%, I don't like the +15 archery, that is nice on gems, a talisman or a quiver but not on my bow as I like to switch bows and I will already have 120 archery on my template.
I would be more happy for one of the other leeches than stamina, could it be randum?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe this will be a problem on Siege as the artifacts will be so expensive to make, that noone can afford the risk of losing them 5 mins after they take them out of town first time.
Seriously? I thought the charm of siege is to being able to dry loot everyone else...
But AFAIK you can bless a single item on siege.
Plus that's exactly why I think, insurance was one of the best things added to the game.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
First, a big thank you to Bleak for his work on the larger game windows in the classic client. I moved up just one size and love it.

I have noticed one difference since the patch. The circle of transparency seems to be moved to the west instead of being centered on the character.

WildStar
I made a topic with this problem here in Uhall, Bleak replied that it will be fixed in next patch :)
For now it can be solved with restarting your client.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Seriously? I thought the charm of siege is to being able to dry loot everyone else...
It is, but because you have right to carry a gun, it do not mean you will kill everyone you see. The charm with Siege is you can do it and use it as player justice.

But AFAIK you can bless a single item on siege.
Yes I can bless one item and I already have one item more worth blessing. I don't have problems with getting looted but I have problem with not to be able to afford replace my items. On Prodo you won't lose an item unless you run out of gold to reinsure the item or it get very old and decay and break (not sure that still are possible)

I also like the crafters to be able to sell this new artifacts on Siege but if the cost to make them is higher than the customers will pay, they can't sell them.
Plus that's exactly why I think, insurance was one of the best things added to the game.
That's why you have 20+ shard with it, we never wanted it and never will. We just want a few changes on Siege that balance items after our shard and not after Prodo shards safe world.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also like the crafters to be able to sell this new artifacts on Siege but if the cost to make them is higher than the customers will pay, they can't sell them.
I'd just let economy run it's course. Demand and supply will adjust the price accordingly.
TBH I don't know how good or bad the economy on siege is compared to a production shard is. I never thought long about it, but I assumed it is better, since people loose more items and have to spend more money to replace it. But on a second thought it might be worse, since on prod the gold is lost through insurance, but on siege it most probably ends up at a crafter or resource gatherer and is still in the hands of a player.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe you should give Siege a try and forget your ideas about how it may be.
You have nothing to lose with trying other than maybe a little time. Siege may be a way different place vs what you expect it to be.
Yes we do have a few PK's but just stay clear of them :p

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, but no thank you.
I already have a char there, which is 7xGM back from the days of pre-pub16.
Besides, the ping to SP is, well not really abysmal, but not very appealing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not all Siege players do have a good ping, that is not all that matter.
Sure a 7xGM char will need some soulstones or a second account to make it on Siege.

Siege is not the same shard it was pre-pub16 :p

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always wished we had for tailoring a tool that equals with the smiths ASH hammers. Enhancing leather is such pain! Using a bought tool should ofcourse still be needed for the best pieces but what we make for new players and not our main fighters should atleast be possible. :(

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much blood of the Dark Father is on each DF?
I'm confused when I asked for artifacts to be updated to the new system at multiple M&G's using a ToT format the Devs liked the idea especially since the ToT system was already coded. It appears I would have to spend multiple hrs running doom gauntlet to get the ingredients (still being rewarded with the outdated doom drops) just to have a base 5% chance to make items that for the most part are no more useful than the item being upgraded. When you updated the staff/hat of the magi they were improved versions of the actual item not something completely unrecognizable from the original. I don't understand why something relatively well liked ToT style event turned into this mess. I am so disappointed :(

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with weapons is that in order to be simply usable in pvm they MUST have mana leech. No weapon without mana leech will ever see regular use or have any value without at LEAST mana leech. I won't speak for pvp.

And as was mentioned some of these items are clearly worse than fairly easy to get regular loot drops.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I feel like this pub skirted around a lot of our problems and feedback.

New arties aren't that appealing, fix the old ones, you don't need to add new ones

No tactics for specials

Why is parry on the restricted list?

Why did hailstorm's mana cost increase?

Just some of my thoughts...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got an exceptional 'ingredients' large bod. Can make exceptional sweet cocoa butter, can't bribe normal bods to exceptional. Guess I'll have to wait to get those.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with weapons is that in order to be simply usable in pvm they MUST have mana leech. No weapon without mana leech will ever see regular use or have any value without at LEAST mana leech.
I object.
The items aren't the problem. The melee combat system is, which forces you to have mana leech. The weapons are just, what everyone blames...
Fixing the combat would also "fix" all those artifact weapons, which noone is using...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
If people lose their doom arties they will be forced to buy (good for the economy) or go back and grind (good for the new content). Just my two cents
I checked Atlantic, the Japanese shards, and 5 or 6 other shards back on Friday. If there were any of these Doom artis for sale before, there aren't now. Even assuming there's stockpiles sitting in some people's houses, you'd get a quick burst while those sell through, then your suggestion would serve to *increase* the grind involved in making these. (Remember the old days of grinding the gauntlet trying to get a particular arti? Do we really want that back?)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Kyronix @Bleak

A few nits from the patch notes:

'Fleshrenderer' should be 'Flesh Renderer'.
'Abyssal Horror' should be 'Abyssmal Horror'.
'Gloves of Fedual Grip' should be 'Gloves of Feudal Grip'.
'Bandanna/Gargish Earrings' should be 'Bandana/Gargish Earrings'.
'Bow of Infinite Swarms' in the notes is 'Bow Of The Infinite Swarm" in game.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak

Got an exceptional 'ingredients' large bod. Can make exceptional sweet cocoa butter, can't bribe normal bods to exceptional. Guess I'll have to wait to get those.
They said this would be fixed. Or that's how they fixed it...

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I checked Atlantic, the Japanese shards, and 5 or 6 other shards back on Friday. If there were any of these Doom artis for sale before, there aren't now. Even assuming there's stockpiles sitting in some people's houses, you'd get a quick burst while those sell through, then your suggestion would serve to *increase* the grind involved in making these. (Remember the old days of grinding the gauntlet trying to get a particular arti? Do we really want that back?)
If you retired the old doom arties and then launched new updated versions of the artifacts, I wouldn't mind grinding doom again. Makes old content relevant again. I posted a list on these forms of some updated versions of artifacts they could release to make them actually comparable to loot dropped by monsters now.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Simply put, yes.

Look at all the new content. How much of it is actually used? Eodon artifacts outside of Cameo are selling at most 20m. If the devs wish to continue to add content to this game while being forced to leave old content untouched due to limited resources, they need to make the content they push last a minimum of 12months. Right now, we are looking at 3-5 months at best.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simply put, yes.

Look at all the new content. How much of it is actually used? Eodon artifacts outside of Cameo are selling at most 20m. If the devs wish to continue to add content to this game while being forced to leave old content untouched due to limited resources, they need to make the content they push last a minimum of 12months. Right now, we are looking at 3-5 months at best.
I think they should lower durability to say 75 max on new content. A 255 durability item lasts far too long for supply/demand.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think they should lower durability to say 75 max on new content. A 255 durability item lasts far too long for supply/demand.
75 total durability as long as the item isn't Antique will still last for years of PvP and probably a year of frequent PvM. Also considering how angry people were the Eodon artifacts weren't powder of fortable, there is no way that even lower durability with no powder of fortifying would result in a positive result from the community across the spectrum.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
75 total durability as long as the item isn't Antique will still last for years of PvP and probably a year of frequent PvM. Also considering how angry people were the Eodon artifacts weren't powder of fortable, there is no way that even lower durability with no powder of fortifying would result in a positive result from the community across the spectrum.

Do you even pvm? I can burn through 255 dura. In 2 days of grinding. Absolutely terrible idea

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Simply put, yes.

Forcing grinding isn't the same as creating lasting content.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There's a dispenser at the New Haven Bank, there's one for DF blood as well. Thanks for the feedback!
You couldn't just put loot down there? You had to make it recipes and thus shorten the lifespan of the content by an order of magnitude? Now instead of 10 interested people needing 10 drops, they need 1 recipe and a stack of Doom arties that have been gathering dust for 200 years.

Screw crafting, I need things to DO.

Anyone fought the bosses yet?