• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege: Allow Gate Travel on Vendor Maps please

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You don't think people will just teleport around instead of gaining the skill points needed to gate do you?
There is no Recall/Sacred journey on Siege. walking & Gate-travel are the only two ways to get around there.

on production shards, you're able to recall to the vendor location.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe an option to create a rune for 1k gold. Would that work? The devs like gold sinks.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would enable to Gate travels every dexxer. If they make vendor maps gateable, they should put a timer on thoose maps.

Entheeya

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enable Recall and Sacred Journey on Siege
No No No we do not want this...

Just to clarify my thoughts on vendor maps, If you don't have the magic skill to gate you STILL have
to run.......Milky...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Enable Recall and Sacred Journey on Siege
Just put a little delay on and it would work. You still can't flee if aggressor and I believe crafter and PvM'ers could leave with something like 5-10 sec delay when casting it.
I know it goes against the original Siege rules, but most of them are gone anyway.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have the vendor map Gates work just like the mage spell Gates, pkers can follow their prey through the Gates. If the pker lacks the pineapples to follow their prey through a gate they need to find a safer style of play.

Having the vendor maps cast a Gate would be a very good thing.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have the vendor map Gates work just like the mage spell Gates, pkers can follow their prey through the Gates. If the pker lacks the pineapples to follow their prey through a gate they need to find a safer style of play.

Having the vendor maps cast a Gate would be a very good thing.
Right on. Just make it possible to use the gate travel spell on vendor maps - allow full function of a regular gate travel spell, so whoever wants to gate hop, its ok.

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make Siege Great Again

Gate off a Vendor Map - YES!!!!

Recall/Sacred Journey - Siege would no longer be Siege if allowed. Of course, liberals would tell ya R/S is required to "level" the playing field. Then when the shard is dead, they would blame the developers for not being fair or giving away enough participation trophies to those who could not handle "Siege". If ya want R/S, there are plenty of shards that have R/S.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make Siege Great Again

Gate off a Vendor Map - YES!!!!

Recall/Sacred Journey - Siege would no longer be Siege if allowed. Of course, liberals would tell ya R/S is required to "level" the playing field. Then when the shard is dead, they would blame the developers for not being fair or giving away enough participation trophies to those who could not handle "Siege". If ya want R/S, there are plenty of shards that have R/S.
Siege would be no different, except less obnoxious to get somewhere in a hurry, with Recall enabled.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*shakes head* I keep hoping this thread will just fade away.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This would be abused by characters that just want transport for 1000 gp and is unwilling to invest the Magery skill points to cast Gate Travel.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This would be abused by characters that just want transport for 1000 gp and is unwilling to invest the Magery skill points to cast Gate Travel.
Are there other reasons to have magery other than to pay 1000 to gate?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If UO wasn't so strict about the "rules" I'd set up a gate bot at Luna for a small fee of 20k a week to be added to the list gate moonglow. At your service! Vas Rel Por

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*shakes head* I keep hoping this thread will just fade away.
I'm with you Kelmo.

I haven't been on SP for very long BUT I LOVE the fact that you HAVE to know you're way around the world to get to a vendor!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Problem here is, it is very wrong to force all to have magery, a warrior should not have to be a mage too.
Just allow Recall/Sacred journey on Siege and add 5-10 sec delay from you cast, where you will get interrupted, if you take damage and let it works for this maps too.
We already have recall via crystal portals and we can gate to a ship without any magery or regs. No need to stop being so stubborn, it won't hurt Siege at all.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I haven't been on SP for very long BUT I LOVE the fact that you HAVE to know you're way around the world to get to a vendor!
I do like to see more traveling but I still believe it should be allowed. You still risk to end up in a PK trap on Siege if you just teleport to the vendor if you see a cheap item, or for a newbie, it could just be Dark Wisps ganking him, they seem to love guarding my vendors, so using teleporter from a hub to inside my castle may be more safe.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Problem here is, it is very wrong to force all to have magery, a warrior should not have to be a mage too.
I would love that. I currently have Magery stuffed in my warrior's template for gate travel. I would much prefer to use sacred journey since he has Chivalry also. But... this would change an element of uniqueness of Siege that has been consistent since the beginning of the shard.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
about the only way to make this idea work, is to give all magic schools a "gate Travel" where once you reach a certain level in that magical skill you can cast a gate. that way you can still follow the caster to where they gate to, and everyone can get around. I am not convinced if this would be in the spirit of Siege though.