• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Combat Update to Test Center

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So here are my issues I would like addressed:

6) Make a focus list for chiv that reduces FC (bushido/ninja etc) or slow down the casting speed of Holy Fist
I said this in the original balancing thread. Chivalry should have a paladin focus setup. No other casting ability should be allowed to be combined with it (magery, mystic, necro, bushido, ninja, taming, weaving) If someone chooses to use these then it should break the FC or lower holy fist

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I said this in the original balancing thread. Chivalry should have a paladin focus setup. No other casting ability should be allowed to be combined with it (magery, mystic, necro, bushido, ninja, taming, weaving) If someone chooses to use these then it should break the FC or lower holy fist
I don't agree with Chivalry needing a Nerf, especially a FC penalty.

Nobody complained about 4/6 Chivalry before holy fist. I can kinda understand holy fist being looked at, but not the other spells. And holy fist doesn't do much damage vs elves anyway.

And shouldn't focus spec affect damage, not the casting speed?

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't agree with Chivalry needing a Nerf, especially a FC penalty.

Nobody complained about 4/6 Chivalry before holy fist. I can kinda understand holy fist being looked at, but not the other spells. And holy fist doesn't do much damage vs elves anyway.

And shouldn't focus spec affect damage, not the casting speed?
Well, it was already looked at. And it's one of the extreme few spells/specials that Evil Omen does not affect. To a non-cursed elf, fists do about 28 damage. Obviously cursed on anyone they do 35 unless their suit is energy refined. In isolation, fist is a decent spell in an offensively-lacking template. If you die 1v1 to someone who is fisting you without a weapon skill/weapon specials, you have done something very wrong.

EDIT: And to address the "well what if that person has a weapon skill/weapon specials," it's possible that it's just a bad match-up for your template. If your template can disarm, a weapon fister is essentially worthless, especially considering how many of them use FC1 weapons.

Last edited:

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Here's an idea for a new PvP oriented item mod:

• Has a hit spell percentage around splintering weapon, so let's say 20%
  • When this weapon spell hits, the target is instantly reduced to 0 stamina, one cannot use refresh potions or divine fury, and can only gain 1 or 2 stamina before going back to 0
  • This effect persists for ~7-8 seconds
  • This effect cannot be removed by enchanted apples, remove curse, or cleansing wind
Oh wait, this is actually set to be implemented with one of the new Doom artifacts.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Here's an idea for a new PvP oriented item mod:

• Has a hit spell percentage around splintering weapon, so let's say 20%
  • When this weapon spell hits, the target is instantly reduced to 0 stamina, one cannot use refresh potions or divine fury, and can only gain 1 or 2 stamina before going back to 0
  • This effect persists for ~7-8 seconds
  • This effect cannot be removed by enchanted apples, remove curse, or cleansing wind
Oh wait, this is actually set to be implemented with one of the new Doom artifacts.

Forced walk for 8 seconds? Whose great idea was this?

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on TC (Yew Gate) for the next 30 minutes for anyone looking to test and give feedback. I will only be discussing the changes that are listed in the notes.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with non-focus mages getting 5% more sdi, they become more viable, with parry-mages losing 5% SDI (should be -10%) but -5 is better than none considering they have the BEST defense you can get while remaining with one-hand free to chug, they become toned down enough to where non-focus specs can compete a little better.
So since I don't have the time to test till the weekend, I've just been reading and all I've gathered is that the most popular template is just going to still be 100 bad pvpers running around yew gate standing still while archers miss 7 of 10 shots. What exactly is being "balanced". I'm aware it's catch 22 really. These just seem like small little bandages that don't change really anything, just a mages damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, now what do we do with tactics?

This has been a basis for UO Warrior templates for an age and its just been made an almost entirely redundant skill. Can we have tactics give some sort of boost to say healing capability as well as damage output? Given the amount of easily available routes to the 300% DI cap, tactics will now be less needed in PvM and in PvP it will certainly be almost pointless bar on Chiv / Parry / Bush chars which are already OP.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually think the tactics change is insane. It's going to give way too many characters a free 90 skill points. The deathstrikers that will be able to be made are going to be awfully strong.

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This has been a basis for UO Warrior templates for an age and its just been made an almost entirely redundant skill. Can we have tactics give some sort of boost to say healing capability as well as damage output? Given the amount of easily available routes to the 300% DI cap, tactics will now be less needed in PvM and in PvP it will certainly be almost pointless bar on Chiv / Parry / Bush chars which are already OP.
LOL I would like to know all these other ways to reach 300 DI cap. Nothing gives more of a damage bonus that tactics. Any current dexxer other then maybe deathstrikers that remove tactics would do so little damage. Lets not forget that all weapon skill masteries require tactics, so if you remove it youll lose your mastery ability. Does anyone of you top pvpers even know how game mechanics even work? This is sooooo funny to read such nonsense.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Actually, I highly doubt pvm chars are going to drop Tactics. With 120/120 I get triple-digit damage from auto-attacks when using 2 slayers, even against bosses (i.e. Navrey and Slasher.) Without Tactics, I can still get there, but it depends on the monster (I just tested dbl slayer/no Tactics on Lich/Lich Lords), and certainly isn't going to happen consistently. It also affects my armor ignore damage, although I obviously can't test that on a live shard right now

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the damage added via tactics skill is not factored into the 300% cap. I thought these guys knew game mechanics?

300% = bonus damage (100% items, and slayer bonuses, enemy of one, honor>perfection) what else you got?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So since I don't have the time to test till the weekend, I've just been reading and all I've gathered is that the most popular template is just going to still be 100 bad pvpers running around yew gate standing still while archers miss 7 of 10 shots. What exactly is being "balanced". I'm aware it's catch 22 really. These just seem like small little bandages that don't change really anything, just a mages damage.

Miss 7 of 10 with a weapon skill (or wrestle/anat) and parry. Still equates to hitting about a third of the time or at a minimum approximately every 3.75 Seconds.

Sure RNG can pull a chain of misses, but it call pull a string of hits.

So for an archer 35 AI +18 with hit spell and velocity says they can do 106 points in 2.5 seconds.

This doesn't account for the 6% when you land HLD.

You can't cherry pick numbers without accounting for the whole scenario.

RNG vs flat damage will always be the trade off.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay then, irrespective of PVM changes [which lets be honest, the Peerless bosses are not going to log on stratics and complain that the change to tactics is OP] what about from a PvP point of view? If we can AI with a composite bow or a longsword for 35 damage still in pvp, whats the point in tactics now apart from for Bush characters to obtain the ability to evade?

I strongly disagree with making tactics not a requirement for the LMC bonus, I thought that was a really sensible idea, even at 70.0. It meant some thought needed to be used in the arguement against and for a certain template, now we have Stealther deathstrikers with resist that previously had no room for it or Parry that previously had no room for it. Dexer Online just got that little bit easier for the die hard point-clickers.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay then, irrespective of PVM changes [which lets be honest, the Peerless bosses are not going to log on stratics and complain that the change to tactics is OP] what about from a PvP point of view? If we can AI with a composite bow or a longsword for 35 damage still in pvp, whats the point in tactics now apart from for Bush characters to obtain the ability to evade?

I strongly disagree with making tactics not a requirement for the LMC bonus, I thought that was a really sensible idea, even at 70.0. It meant some thought needed to be used in the arguement against and for a certain template, now we have Stealther deathstrikers with resist that previously had no room for it or Parry that previously had no room for it. Dexer Online just got that little bit easier for the die hard point-clickers.
Well you wouldn't be able to hit 35ai without some tactics I don't believe. I'm farrrr too lazy to test it out, maybe you can with 100dmg inc.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you wouldn't be able to hit 35ai without some tactics I don't believe. I'm farrrr too lazy to test it out, maybe you can with 100dmg inc.

in pvp? Depends on the weapon. There were #s posted in another thread, but I'm too lazy to look for them.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand why you guys made a new thread for combat changes.
Because they posted new updates and the conversation surrounding those new updates are in a new thread. I think it's way better than keeping one long thread going. You can see that the comments are related to update X.