• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oh boy, can't wait to see the comments about this one...

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from the UO newsletter:
"In January, we will be adding our first vanity mount - Lasher! Look forward to some new fiction that introduces this new creature to Britannia."

Attachments

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
By Odin's beard...
That looks even more like Spirits/Swift Wind from She-Ra than Dreadhorn... I will have to kill every single one I run into... :(
But yay for rainbows. I approve of rainbows... except in that creature.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's Butt Stallion from Borderlands!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
...was I the only one who nearly squealed with delight over it?

I mean, most of my characters are way too dignified for a rainbow unicorn... but some are not! And they shall have them!

(Depending on how it looks in classic...)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's a VANITY mount....you know like those people that stand around Luna on Atlantic wearing BRIGHT gold and those new wonderfully hideous new dye colors?

I like it, it's super cute! Thanks team! (Can we see it in the Classic Client SOON please???)

And no Riyana, you were NOT the only one who SQUEED ;)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I surely enjoyed My Little Pony when I was a wee lass, but then came Spirits/Swift Wind and ruined it all for me!
I could no longer enjoy cute rainbow horses, all because He-Man had the awesome armoured battlecat and we had to settle for a stupid talking horse with rainbow wings!
So now I am obliged to hate this new mount instead of being delighted by him! :mad:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I surely enjoyed My Little Pony when I was a wee lass, but then came Spirits/Swift Wind and ruined it all for me!
I could no longer enjoy cute rainbow horses, all because He-Man had the awesome armoured battlecat and we had to settle for a stupid talking horse with rainbow wings!
So now I am obliged to hate this new mount instead of being delighted by him! :mad:
Battlecats are fun, but friendship is magic.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
'meh.. not my cup of tea.. but then again a cup of tea ain't my glass of sweet tea either.. and don't go calling me Uncle Si jack :)

but honestly glad to see the Devs gave a win to the carebear/my little pony crowd. Those of us who like the game a little more evil already have the Grizzle Mare, Hellhound etc to roll around on..

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix

Is this mount to be an ethereal like the charger, or an actual animal like the anniversary horses? And can we get a picture of it in classic?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if the animation will actually match the animation of the character... the last couple mounts looks like my character cant ride for crap as he is way out of rhythm with the mount.

Other than that i couldnt care less about vanity crap like this but im sure there are quite a few people that will love this mount.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
First thought: My Little Pony!

Second thought: Who is gonna clean up the mess on my keyboard? <for the subtlety challenged: barf>

Please, no. Please, please, please.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quick! Introduce her to She-Ra and Wonder Woman.
There is still hope!
Oh I think she's safe - she does watch the Saw movies. She's 21 after all. ;) Oh, and Vasagi, you don't have to get me one, loving daughter is bugging me to get one so she can watch me ride it around... *sighs* There goes my street cred!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
from the UO newsletter:
"In January, we will be adding our first vanity mount - Lasher! Look forward to some new fiction that introduces this new creature to Britannia."
I thought you were pulling my chain until I opened my email and saw this.

I'm truly at a loss for words...

Enziet

Journeyman
It's not the worst mount I have ever seen in a video game. It really wont match with any of my characters though. So I will not be purchasing this mount. I'll stick to my war horse for now.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
:thumbdown:

Sorry, but this horse is abhorrent and the art is objectively terrible. Much like the awful Easter painting, it doesn't belong in UO. If this is a sign of the pet revamp, it sure as hell isn't a good one.
It's much better looking than the new spider mount, and certainly better looking than the godawful hellhound thing. Maybe that's a low bar, but still. If it wasn't rainbow, would you still dislike it? (Quick and dirty photoshop, but you get the idea.)

rainbowunicornbw.png

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It uses the Dreadhorn model/sprite.
Since I kill it 7 times a week, yeah, I would still hate it! :p

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be interesting to know how the decision was made to put this in as the first "vanity mount." I guess I don't understand the logic of putting in another version of a unicorn, especially with a rainbow-hued tail and mane. Anyone who really wants one of their characters to ride a unicorn can already use a unicorn ethereal pet, regardless of the character's gender. If it's a done deal that this is going in, could the artist make the rainbow colors a lot more subtle or eliminate them altogether, trim the beard a bit, and give the critter a more solid, muscular look?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Wakes up from his comfy chair by the fire with a start*

Wait what?

*Looks at his Glass of Good Old Moonglow Red, then pours it out and waves over the Tavern Keeper*

Jess throw out that open cask of my Good Old Moonglow Red, Something has to be wrong with it. I swear I just saw a Unicorn with a rainbow tail!

*Settles back into his chair by the fire and waits for a fresh decanter of Good Old Moonglow Red while deep in though reviewing the disturbing Unicorn vision*

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've banged my head on the wall over bad art additions for a while now... but I'm not seeing it here. To my eye the shading looks smoother on this than it does on either the unicorn or Dread Horn currently in game. It's a cleaned up, bearded unicorn with colorful hair.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's much better looking than the new spider mount, and certainly better looking than the godawful hellhound thing. Maybe that's a low bar, but still. If it wasn't rainbow, would you still dislike it? (Quick and dirty photoshop, but you get the idea.)

View attachment 58559
Yeah, I'd still hate it. The horn is fairly obscene. Not just large, but rather phallic.

Vanity mounts, clothes, etc are fine by me...but they need to fit the game. A horny Starlite doesn't.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm just gonna wait for the outrage and strife when one gets eaten by a bug and goes Poof and the player is told they don't replace lost items or pets.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well, okay then.

I'm probably buying one though. It will be the almost-perfect ride for my gypsy gal. (Perfect would be ethereal, as she is a stealther... but oh well.)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm just gonna wait for the outrage and strife when one gets eaten by a bug and goes Poof and the player is told they don't replace lost items or pets.
I'd rather lose a $10 replaceable store pixel than my well-trained high-end greater dragon. ANY pet lost to a bug is bad.