• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Doom Artifacts on TC

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
That bandana and those sleves are really nice, but the rest I don't see as becoming applicable to PvM or PvP. I'll look more into them after dinner but with how involved the devs have been maybe we can get some slight changes to these as well

@Bleak what does hit swarm mean?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That bandana and those sleves are really nice, but the rest I don't see as becoming applicable to PvM or PvP. I'll look more into them after dinner but with how involved the devs have been maybe we can get some slight changes to these as well

@Bleak what does hit swarm mean?
Not on TC at the moment, is there a link with the new info? About to head over in the event there isn't.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm biased but I liked some of the suggestions in my thread...don't need to make new items just change what we have. These aren't useful.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Depending on the frequency of these dropping the only issue I see is the Slim veil becoming devalued. Unless you want to couple them together

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
So Bone Crusher as an item property reduces your stam to 0 and keeps it there not allowing you to refresh pot for about +/- 7 seconds
Swarm puts a swarm on you like the SW spell
Sparks does a 3-4 dmg tick like bleed

None of which can be appled/RC/CW

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So Bone Crusher as an item property reduces your stam to 0 and keeps it there not allowing you to refresh pot for about +/- 7 seconds
Swarm puts a swarm on you like the SW spell
Sparks does a 3-4 dmg tick like bleed

None of which can be appled/RC/CW
I don't know about this new item property. Sounds like it might cause a lot of balance issues.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ehhh balance issues.... PvP was awesome when you could one shot someone with a halberd. I say make it a free for all and screw balance.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bone crusher property needs to be toned down a lot. Seems way stronger than Splintering. The duration is twice as long, and you can't even hit back if you're a dexer because you have 0 stamina.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Bone crusher property needs to be toned down a lot. Seems way stronger than Splintering. The duration is twice as long, and you can't even hit back if you're a dexer because you have 0 stamina.
You also can't remove it through any spell or consumable like splinter can be.

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet addition to the game @Bleak @krynoix - we could really use this 8 second bone crusher over the TOGGLE of SPECIALS WHILE CASTING. I WILL PAY YOU ONE MILL TO TURN ON THE TOGGLE of SPECIALS WHILE CASTING ON ANY SHARD. @Merlin NOT TROLLING , I AM FOR REAL ABOUT THE ONE MILL.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Old Vet Back Again where did you find this Information? Is there ab official Statement?
You can get them on Test Center.

Ring Of Primal Consumption
Weight: 1 Stone
Kinetic Eater 20%
Luck 150
Physical Resist 10%
Fire Resist 10%
Cold Resist 10%
Poison Resist 10%
Energy Resist 10%
Durability 255 / 255
* Requires The "Stygian Abyss" Expansion
#####################

The Scholar's Halo
Weight: 1 Stone
Intelligence Bonus 8
Mana Increase 15
Mana Regeneration 4
Spell Damage Increase 12%
Faster Casting 1
Lower Mana Cost 15%
Fire Resist 3%
Cold Resist 5%
Poison Resist 8%
Energy Resist 8%
Strength Requirement 10
Durability 255 / 255
#####################

Britches Of Warding
Weight: 7 Stones
Poison Eater 5%
Stamina Increase 12
Hit Chance Increase 10%
Physical Resist 20%
Fire Resist 20%
Cold Resist 20%
Poison Resist 20%
Energy Resist 20%
Strength Requirement 60
Durability 255 / 255
#####################

The Deceiver
Weight: 8 Stones
Hit Sparks 20%
MISSING STRING
Hit Energy Area 75%
Hit Chance Increase 20%
Defense Chance Increase 20%
Lower Mana Cost 8%
Damage Increase 75%
Physical Damage 100%
Weapon Damage 16 - 19
Weapon Speed 3.5s
Strength Requirement 40
Two-Handed Weapon
Skill Required: Swordsmanship
Durability 255 / 255
#####################

Gloves Of Feudal Grip
Weight: 2 Stones
Poison Eater 5%
Strength Bonus 10
Stamina Increase 8
Luck 100
Defense Chance Increase 10%
Damage Increase 30%
Physical Resist 12%
Fire Resist 12%
Cold Resist 12%
Poison Resist 12%
Energy Resist 12%
Strength Requirement 75
Durability 255 / 255
#####################

Bow Of The Infinite Swarm
Weight: 5 Stones
Archery +15
Hit Swarm 20%
MISSING STRING
Hit Stamina Leech 50%
Stamina Increase 8
Stamina Regeneration 3
Swing Speed Increase 30%
Damage Increase 50%
Physical Damage 100%
Weapon Damage 16 - 20
Weapon Speed 4s
Range 10
Strength Requirement 45
Two-Handed Weapon
Skill Required: Archery
Durability 255 / 255
#####################

Glenda
Weight: 9 Stones
Bone Crusher 20%
MISSING STRING
Hit Mana Drain 10%
Hit Lower Defense 70%
Strength Bonus 16
Damage Increase 100%
Physical Damage 100%
Weapon Damage 10 - 14
Weapon Speed 2.5s
Strength Requirement 40
One-Handed Weapon
Skill Required: Mace Fighting
Durability 255 / 255
#####################

Cuffs Of The Archmage
Weight: 2 Stones
Resisting Spells +15
Mana Increase 5
Spell Damage Increase 20%
Physical Resist 20%
Fire Resist 10%
Cold Resist 10%
Poison Resist 10%
Energy Resist 10%
Mage Armor
Strength Requirement 55
Durability 255 / 255

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well which drunk or Stoned dude put this together ?!

Halo feudal and cuffs Sound not that terrible but the Rest is dogcake

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The swarm will tick 10 damage off of you at 70 resist until you magic arrow or fireball yourself.

No idea if anything else breaks the swarm.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The swarm will tick 10 damage off of you at 70 resist until you magic arrow or fireball yourself.

Huh? Well done devs. Looks like certain death to Warriors then

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's getting just more weird. Why not giving everyone a "mystical **** you all stuff of wreck u instant" which insta bashes the opponent. Who clicks it first wins

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Huh? Well done devs. Looks like certain death to Warriors then
Nah.. warriors will just have to carry a torch with them, along with everything else they carry. That works for the Meer Mages swarm, would imagine it will work for this as well.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Scholar´s Halo looks yummy. Can anybody post some pics plz? I cannot login... WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK...:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I bet a torch works too, just like the Juka spell.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The irony that the artifact "The Bone Crusher" lacks the bone crusher mod. :p

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
NICE! Digging the cuffs of the archmage!

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Tbh, the only one I would be remotely interested in are the cuffs for the extra 10 SDI on my pvm mage suit.. That would put him at 132 SDI then :)

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The Halo isn't that great compared to Specters which has LRC as well, yes it has higher LMC & FC1 but most high end 100+ PVM SDI suits already have LMC & FC/FCR capped out from the other items.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Halo has potential. The rest are garbage.

Whoever is in charge of making these need to stroll through Luna and look at quality suits and weps and add onto those mods for decent artifacts.

I see a ring of the elements with luck added. Whoopie.
I see leggings of the bane with a little stamina. That must have taken DAYS to come up with.
I see midnight bracers with resist swapped out for necro. Woah guys. Be still my heart.
That looks like gauntlets of nobility with dci and a little extra resist.

Let me give you an example of what these arties SHOULD look like.
Britches of warding:
Dex 8
Stam inc 12
Hit chance 15
LMC 10
MR 3
HPI 5
20s in resists and this is STILL just a shade above roof loot.

Ring of Primal: Nobody will keep the current ring on test with luck since it still falls WAY below the Bleu set which was introduced 10 years ago. lol?
FC 1
FCR 3
LRC 20
20 hit chance
20 dci
25 DI
25 EP This is what an artifact ring should look like.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Halo has potential. The rest are garbage.

Whoever is in charge of making these need to stroll through Luna and look at quality suits and weps and add onto those mods for decent artifacts.

I see a ring of the elements with luck added. Whoopie.
I see leggings of the bane with a little stamina. That must have taken DAYS to come up with.
I see midnight bracers with resist swapped out for necro. Woah guys. Be still my heart.
That looks like gauntlets of nobility with dci and a little extra resist.

Let me give you an example of what these arties SHOULD look like.
Britches of warding:
Dex 8
Stam inc 12
Hit chance 15
LMC 10
MR 3
HPI 5
20s in resists and this is STILL just a shade above roof loot.

Ring of Primal: Nobody will keep the current ring on test with luck since it still falls WAY below the Bleu set which was introduced 10 years ago. lol?
FC 1
FCR 3
LRC 20
20 hit chance
20 dci
25 DI
25 EP This is what an artifact ring should look like.
FC1
FCR3
LRC 20
LMC 8
15 DCI
+20 random mage skill
25 ep
+8 random stat

... Now that would be a ring/brace worth having. Or drop FC1 and make it 2 + 15 skills.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Needs SDI on that ring or it's crap IMO... just another ring that can't figure out if it's for mages or dexers.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Needs SDI on that ring or it's crap IMO... just another ring that can't figure out if it's for mages or dexers.
haha agreed. It was more of an idea of give it max mods and all be in conjuction with the same class (mage/dexer).

I wouldn't toss on SDI on a ring right now until I see how the SDI thread ends up shaking out. To know how much will be needed for any given temp. Once that is figured out, I would toss out another ring/brace that would be godly. Much like the orny was when it first came out =)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There will be lots of traffic in Doom when this is released.

Britches of warding:
Dex 8
Stam inc 12
Hit chance 15
LMC 10
MR 3
HPI 5
Stats like this would put it closer to a legendary artifact.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about a fully customizable ring or braclet?

If we can get a menu pop up, why not expand on that concept? Pop up an imbuing like menu for jewelry mods... allow up to 8 mods and 800 weight.:)

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
There will be lots of traffic in Doom when this is released.

Stats like this would put it closer to a legendary artifact.
Don't we want to have a pretty close balance between artifacts and normal loot? That's how I have always felt. There should be a handful of hard to get artifacts, and then there should be some insane loot. The current loot bump basically made all artifacts useless...well, for the most part anyways.

I really like tha bandana, but that is for PvP. But I am concerned the Veil will be completely left behind or devalued. So figuring out a way to not completely void the veil and the content to get it will be a challenge.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can the Devs please consult actual players..my god! If they want balance create balanced artifacts that are worth using.

Example
Ring of the Anarchist
1 fast cast
3 fast cast recovery
25 ep
15 dci
20 LRC
10 LMC
15 SDI
+15 Mana Increase
+20 Random Skill(Mage,Med,Eval,Resist,Necro,Mystic,Focus,Spirit Speak,SpellWeaving)
-25 Stamina
-15 Hit Chance
-40 Damage Increase

Seems like a lot of Properties but look at Legendary Items. This would be balanced for Spell Casters, and a downside for Warriors.

Meanwhile they release stuff that really no one would ever use, or a very very small % of people would. Artifacts should be just that. ARTIFACTS! You created this monster of power creep by introducing artifacts to begin with 1 out of 20 artifacts being useful is unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Can the Devs please consult actual players..my god! If they want balance create balanced artifacts that are worth using.

Example
Ring of the Anarchist
1 fast cast
3 fast cast recovery
25 ep
15 dci
20 LRC
10 LMC
15 SDI
+15 Mana Increase
+20 Random Skill(Mage,Med,Eval,Resist,Necro,Mystic,Focus,Spirit Speak,SpellWeaving)
-25 Stamina
-15 Hit Chance
-40 Damage Increase

Seems like a lot of Properties but look at Legendary Items. This would be balanced for Spell Casters, and a downside for Warriors.

Meanwhile they release stuff that really no one would ever use, or a very very small % of people would. Artifacts should be just that. ARTIFACTS! You created this monster of power creep by introducing artifacts to begin with 1 out of 20 artifacts being useful is unacceptable.

They need to create some that will be for turn-in points or other situation so the economy isn't over run and the content is done in a month or two

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ditto... as well liking the bow and hat...
how is that bow any good? The stamina leech is a complete waste on a bow, it lacks mana leech which is essential for PvM and for PvP the only mod really worth it would be the hit swarm but it lacks hld and other relevant mods.

Concerning the new hit spell mods: please don't add stuff like that! splintering was bas enough, we don't need more stuff like that. The only way I would find it tolerable to implement would be if it was only available on crappy items like that bow that nobody is seriously gonna use in PvP anyways :p

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I like that one most. Maybe because I am playing sorcerers only. But it is useful...

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to create some that will be for turn-in points or other situation so the economy isn't over run and the content is done in a month or two
What's the difference if the economy is over run, eventually they will just be over run with the high end and within 2 months of constant afk macroing they'll be asking for more..

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Please tweak the Ornament of the Magician or add another bracelet with FC 2 / FCR 3. It would be a travesty if we lost the only usable FC 2 piece of jewelry.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please tweak the Ornament of the Magician or add another bracelet with FC 2 / FCR 3. It would be a travesty if we lost the only usable FC 2 piece of jewelry.
Based on the patch notes all the original items will still drop in doom, all the new items are crafted via recipe... Besides, there is another bracelet with 2 fc (and it's imbue-able!) it's called, "Venom" you only need to farm medusa an average of 100 times before you get one!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Based on the patch notes all the original items will still drop in doom, all the new items are crafted via recipe... Besides, there is another bracelet with 2 fc (and it's imbue-able!) it's called, "Venom" you only need to farm medusa an average of 100 times before you get one!
Thanks for the word on the old Arties. I missed that.

I don't consider Venom especially usable. I've never seen anyone use it in a suit. Have you found a unique ring to pair with one? If so, I'd love to see a pic.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need like ten to twenty more items to be worth the time doing Doom.Two Items are Not worth the time farming. Most people will just sit back and buy the new items because everyone left in UO are billionaires. Maybe add some the to the Peerless Bosses while your at it... Loot on peerless bosses suck!

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Speaking off peerless bosses, can you guys consider adding an alternative mount similar to the chief paroxymous swamp dragon to the doom revamp? Every pvm Melee character in the world rides the swamp dragon. Chief's or just a tameable armored one. It would be nice to have more of a graphic selection for the damage reduction benifits swamp dragons provide.