• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Festival Was Total Crap *bit of a rant*

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The small bods that make up Large bods are worth more points then turning in the large ones, so you should only be doing small bods to get the best bang for your bucks...

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^^^^ that is very true.. So the question to the devs is what points is the system actually using? If it's the turn in points for doing BoDs then we can easily calculate how many points we turn in individually and which ones we should be turning in.. Like I know higher end colored iron bods are worth more than let's say high end alchemy bods (even the large achy bods).

Or does the system allocate certain number of points for smalls and certain number for larges? Are large iron bods the same as large Verite bods?

Please clarify the usable point system. Thanks!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The small bods that make up Large bods are worth more points then turning in the large ones, so you should only be doing small bods to get the best bang for your bucks...
Then Kyronix says it's the quality not the quantity so who knows?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before you fill out that LBOD with the small bods you can double click both and do the math for the best way to go. I never bothered to check to much work
filling LBODS to donate for the tree.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Does the tree use the Banked Points system or does it use the total points listed on the BOD
The points listed on the BOD are a good measure of the value of the a BOD (including bonuses for exceptional/large). The amount of entries you get into the reward raffle are based on a fraction of these values (to keep things neater behind the scenes).

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The points listed on the BOD are a good measure of the value of the a BOD (including bonuses for exceptional/large). The amount of entries you get into the reward raffle are based on a fraction of these values (to keep things neater behind the scenes).
There are two values listed on each bod. A value for turning in and collecting a reward now and a value for "banking" points. I believe players want to know which of the two values is being used. The "use now" value, or the "banking" value?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are two values listed on each bod. A value for turning in and collecting a reward now and a value for "banking" points. I believe players want to know which of the two values is being used. The "use now" value, or the "banking" value?
As I said in the previous post, the points listed on the BOD are a good measure of the value of a BOD. The banked point value is a function of the immediate turnin value, so the two numbers are intrinsically linked to the inherent value of the BOD as far as the the growth of the tree is concerned. For example, a small alchemy BOD for 20 greater conflag potions is worth a small advance towards the growth of the tree and yields so many entries whereas a large blacksmithy BOD for exceptional valorite platemail is worth much more towards the growth of the tree and more entries to the raffle for the person who turns that in.

It's a fairly straightforward formula, the higher the value of the BOD (either as represented by the turnin or banked points) the greater the advance in tree growth and the more entries into the raffle you get.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As I said in the previous post, the points listed on the BOD are a good measure of the value of a BOD. The banked point value is a function of the immediate turnin value, so the two numbers are intrinsically linked to the inherent value of the BOD as far as the the growth of the tree is concerned. For example, a small alchemy BOD for 20 greater conflag potions is worth a small advance towards the growth of the tree and yields so many entries whereas a large blacksmithy BOD for exceptional valorite platemail is worth much more towards the growth of the tree and more entries to the raffle for the person who turns that in.

It's a fairly straightforward formula, the higher the value of the BOD (either as represented by the turnin or banked points) the greater the advance in tree growth and the more entries into the raffle you get.
@Kyronix But I think here is the "dilemma".

As an example:

Say you have a 5 part large bod that filled is worth 250 turn in points, or 50 bank points. The small bods to fill it might be worth a total of 300 turn in points individually, but only 6 banked points. So it would be really nice to know which value is being used.

To sum it up:

Which is better, small bods with higher total "turn in" points, or large bods with higher "banked" value.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

LBODS =/= the cumulative points of their components.

Take the best Tinkering LBOD there is: 20 Exceptional Valorite Dining Set = 1200 points. BUT that LBOD is made up of six small BODs worth 800 points each = 4800 points.

This is where the disconnect lies. Logically, turning in those six SBods, netting 4800 points, should exceed the growth from the LBOD by a factor of 4. So "quality > quantity" is confusing at best.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.... A chain mail large bod of normal quality agapite of 20 pieces is worth 800 turn in points... And the individual pieces to fill that bod are worth 500 points each... Those 3 pieces are worth 1500 points respectively. That means it's better to fill the small bods then to fill high end large bods?? I hope I am understanding this correctly.

Also a large cooking bod of 20 pieces for the pan of cookies, cake, muffins, and a three tier cake is only worth 375 points.. So my one small chain mail bod is even a better turn in than a large cooking bod.

If all this is true with how the system works, then we should choose wisely on which bods we turn in.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So would those fractions be like I don't know lets say %2 for a SBOD and %20 of a LBOD. I have the sneaking suspicion that they are using the Bank Point system with the Tree/Gift because that is already in place.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Here is a perfect example of the disconnect between the players and the Devs.

Clearly it is straight forward :rolleyes:.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LBODS =/= the cumulative points of their components.

Take the best Tinkering LBOD there is: 20 Exceptional Valorite Dining Set = 1200 points. BUT that LBOD is made up of six small BODs worth 800 points each = 4800 points.

This is where the disconnect lies. Logically, turning in those six SBods, netting 4800 points, should exceed the growth from the LBOD by a factor of 4. So "quality > quantity" is confusing at best.
This is a perfect example of how NOT to scale BOD points!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Does the number of raffles determine how many items a player can get in one gift?

If everyone only gets one then the system seems redundant since the reward is random.

So one raffle = one random reward?

Or many raffles = one random reward?

Or many raffles = multiple random rewards?

Thanks.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does the number of raffles determine how many items a player can get in one gift?

If everyone only gets one then the system seems redundant since the reward is random.

Thanks.
one item per char. if tree is full/done can still turn in bods during the 3 day period and all get a gift. if not full, the formula goes into affect, not all get reward. raffle type/loto so some wont get. the forth day u click on bag and get reward or not. I think if u don't click on bag the forth day u don't get gift. it goes away to new town, so get your gift. true kronix? important to know or u have pissed off people lol.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thanks.
ONE gift per character. PERIOD. Regardless how many BODs they turned in.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well that seems skewed.

There's no incentive to do more than one or two Bods.
There is a little catch..in order for EVERYONE to get a gift..the tree HAS to be at stage 5..in order to get the tree to stage 5, you have to turn in 25614586158616 BODS first.....

So that's your incentive

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix How hard can it be just to answer instead of just "beating around the bush"? LOL Without an answer I, and a lot of others, are RAPIDLY losing interest in even bothering with it. Great job! Or not.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just turn in those junk small dull copper bods. Turning in valorite plate deeds is just dumb. I mean, who DIDN'T think they were reusing the bod point system for this???

FFS stop badgering Kyronix. The devs are under ridiculous time constraints to get some of these systems in place, and while we all probably agree (even the devs) that they aren't always designed the best way - they don't have the luxury of time and/or hindsight in order to implement every little feature in the best way possible. This festival is most likely throw away code that may or may not ever get used again. And honestly, it works sufficiently well considering they probably only spent 2-3 days developing it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well...I've turned in well over 100 BOD's..all smalls, all exp DC and higher worth banked points anywhere from 8.0 - 13.5

Still haven't hit lvl 1 tree....

Thank you to all who have helped me try to achieve this goal but I am sorry to say I am not wasting any more of my time or resources.

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can we micromanage this a little more?!?! It's obvious which bods are worth more. Stopped splitting hairs and whining!! Sweet Fancy Moses!!!!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can we micromanage this a little more?!?! It's obvious which bods are worth more. Stopped splitting hairs and whining!! Sweet Fancy Moses!!!!
Then tell me, because it is NOT obvious to me. I see some insinuations, and some possibilities. But nothing that says this is what we are using.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Then tell me, because it is NOT obvious to me. I see some insinuations, and some possibilities. But nothing that says this is what we are using.
Kindly look again at what Lord Frodo and Kyronix had to say just a bit above here ...

Lord Frodo said: "So would those fractions be like I don't know lets say %2 for a SBOD and %20 of a LBOD. I have the sneaking suspicion that they are using the Bank Point system with the Tree/Gift because that is already in place."

Kyronix replied: "Yes."

See the bold, red part that I highlighted? Frodo made an educated guess and Kyronix replied to the affirmative. To me that means the banked value is what is being used on the tree/gift thingy. That's how I read that whole two posts. Simple.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kindly look again at what Lord Frodo and Kyronix had to say just a bit above here ...

Lord Frodo said: "So would those fractions be like I don't know lets say %2 for a SBOD and %20 of a LBOD. I have the sneaking suspicion that they are using the Bank Point system with the Tree/Gift because that is already in place."

See the bold, red part that I highlighted? Frodo made an educated guess and Kyronix replied to the affirmative. To me that means the banked value is what is being used on the tree/gift thingy. That's how I red that whole two posts. Simple.
Thanks for the response. Right, I saw that right away. When I read it seemed more like @Kyronix was just trying to confuse the issue a bit, and I wasn't completely sure. I'm still not sure which part he was agreeing with. Why not just say "Congrats, yes we are using the banked value". Anyway, in my opinion, it is rapidly tumbling down my list of enjoyable things to do in UO. So it is a moot point. Yet another thing that could have been really nice, but is turning into a Charlie Foxtrot!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

See the bold, red part that I highlighted? Frodo made an educated guess and Kyronix replied to the affirmative. To me that means the banked value is what is being used on the tree/gift thingy. That's how I red that whole two posts. Simple.
Go back and read Kyronix' post that Lord Frodo was referring to. It could be that Kyronix is agreeing with the percentages, with regard to the amount of entries you get into the "raffle". Not the method by which points are calculated.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go back and read Kyronix' post that Lord Frodo was referring to. It could be that Kyronix is agreeing with the percentages, with regard to the amount of entries you get into the "raffle". Not the method by which points are calculated.
Those %s are the Bank Point System %s and why would he flat out say YES if all of it is not true. He may not tell us flat out how it works but he has been known in the past to confirm when someone is right.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Those %s are the Bank Point System %s and why would he flat out say YES if all of it is not true. He may not tell us flat out how it works but he has been known in the past to confirm when someone is right.
Gotcha. There is just some doubt in my mind. :) But it is academic at this point. Like others, I think I am tired of messing with it.

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Either way they are scaled the same if you take face value or banked value

50/1 is 50/1

So if , for example, the tree needs 50,000 face value or 1,000 bank value to max out the bird r still worth the same to the elf either way

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And unlike some folks in this thread, I didn't even bother. First my time ingame is pretty limited, second I can't see getting my blood pressure raised that high ... and last of all, I have better odds of getting that Val Plate Gorget I need to complete the plate LBOD I have.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Either way they are scaled the same if you take face value or banked value

50/1 is 50/1

So if , for example, the tree needs 50,000 face value or 1,000 bank value to max out the bird r still worth the same to the elf either way
Not true. If they are banked points you use LBODs. If turn in points, perhaps large, perhaps small, depending.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And unlike some folks in this thread, I didn't even bother. First my time ingame is pretty limited, second I can't see getting my blood pressure raised that high ... and last of all, I have better odds of getting that Val Plate Gorget I need to complete the plate LBOD I have.
You sir are the winner!! FYI, my blood pressure is fine, but I would like to know. Before I bother with any more of my BODs LOL Good luck getting the gorget!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
which shard

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After completing several hundred bod's that I had collecting dust, I now remember why they were collecting dust for many years. It's very tedious and boring, and yeah no one is forcing me to do this. But I like helping my shard to get at least one fully grown tree with a star on it. My time is limited and I work in real life. The bar for achieving these goals should be lowered on most of the shards. The very players who support this game who love to contribute to new content are being turned off by this unrealistic expectations that we can achieve the final stag. I recommend that on xmas day all shards should have a fully grown tree on there shards. The event will be almost concluded at that point, and what better way to end it!
Sorry for the rant, I feel better now :)

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel and do exactly as Riply do. This is my last try and I sacrifice all sorts of Bods and materials .And loads of time. Its now or never. Its so hard no way ill ever do this again. Im not alone on the shard doing this at all but we are at stage small tree. So far I have turned in smith carp and bow BODs for 24720 pts. I still have filled not turned in bods and more to come. After this im going to be drained of materials for a very long time so this is it. Thanks Riply for all you have done I hope we can make it but it doesnt look promising .