• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are BODS even worth doing now?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
From what I can tell, I can bank the points but only get a small fraction of them or I can use them but I have to use them at one time or I lose the remainder. I turn in a bod for 50 points, I buy a hammer for 10 points and lose the 40 points. Is this correct? Seems like they are not worth doing at all now.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would you have done with that bod that was worth 50 points before?
I'd say they were more worth doing, you don't get stuck with some ringmail gloves you don't want when you hoped for powder. If you're trying to bribe up a 15 gold normal to 20 and it goes except instead, you're not stuck with getting a 105 scroll you didn't want, you can still get the powder with it. Etc

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There has been some serious improvement, but the banking system could benefit from further tweaking.
Allowing us to bank as many points as we want and being able to claim several rewards in a row with those points instead of all of them being spent once you claim a reward, for one.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
U should realy get those fractions for tossing them straight in the bin!
I like how the system works, but the rate is very low, took me like 20bods to reach 10points in alchemy, then i stopped.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The banked points is way too low the price of POF is going to go through the roof now. Before the new system i cold get a POF with one bod. Now it takes 10+ bods to save enough points to get a POF

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
U should realy get those fractions for tossing them straight in the bin!
I like how the system works, but the rate is very low, took me like 20bods to reach 10points in alchemy, then i stopped.
What were you saving up for? What were the 20 BODs you turned it? If you want the 250 uses Mortar & Petsal then just turn in a SBOD wit the Get-it-Now option for 10 Points.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The banked points is way too low the price of POF is going to go through the roof now. Before the new system i cold get a POF with one bod. Now it takes 10+ bods to save enough points to get a POF
What are you talking about? You can still get the PoF with a 20X Dull Copper, 10X shadow and a 15X shadow SBOD. Nobody told you you had to use the Bank Point System.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you need to do some serious reading on how the system works. Try this: Bulk Orders – Ultima Online

Let me ask you this. If, as in the example in my previous post, you got a 15 normal gold, what would you do with it? Mostly I think you'd try to bribe it to 20 normal gold?

So what would happen if instead it went to 15 except gold?
Under the old system that meant a different reward, one you might not want?
Under the new system, if you don't mind losing the extra points you can still turn it in and claim PoF.

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What were you saving up for? What were the 20 BODs you turned it? If you want the 250 uses Mortar & Petsal then just turn in a SBOD wit the Get-it-Now option for 10 Points.
I know im 100% aware of how the system works, ive been doing the small useless deeds really, lesser & normal is what i did so far, ill have to sort my 1st exeptional 5 items lbod to see how much it gives in non banking points... is there any link that gives more details about how the reward points are distributed?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know im 100% aware of how the system works, ive been doing the small useless deeds really, lesser & normal is what i did so far, ill have to sort my 1st exeptional 5 items lbod to see how much it gives in non banking points... is there any link that gives more details about how the reward points are distributed?
Bulk Orders – Ultima Online Scroll down and you will see BODs just click on the name (not the BOD) and it will take you to the BOD Point page for that skill

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There has been some serious improvement, but the banking system could benefit from further tweaking.
Allowing us to bank as many points as we want and being able to claim several rewards in a row with those points instead of all of them being spent once you claim a reward, for one.
Make the Bank Point System just like the Clean-Up Point System, great idea.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are you talking about? You can still get the PoF with a 20X Dull Copper, 10X shadow and a 15X shadow SBOD. Nobody told you you had to use the Bank Point System.
I didn't get this post either about PoF costing more. If anything the price should go slightly lower because now nobody will lose out on a PoF bod by receiving mining gloves.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are correct, I typed my post badly, I was in a rush to get off the train. What i meant to say was the saved points are only worth around 10% (not sure if its is accurate im sure someone will correct me) of the original bods worth putting the price of a POF 10 times the cost in terms work for the same amount of return. I think the saved points should be higher than what they are.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are correct, I typed my post badly, I was in a rush to get off the train. What i meant to say was the saved points are only worth around 10% (not sure if its is accurate im sure someone will correct me) of the original bods worth putting the price of a POF 10 times the cost in terms work for the same amount of return. I think the saved points should be higher than what they are.
Again, this will only happen if you choose to "Bank" the points from a bod. I cannot see players (myself anyway) banking points just for PoF when the shadow 10/15 and dc 20 bods are so easy to get.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hope pof prices have gone sky high... if so time to dig the smithy up

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't mind if the banking points was increased to 5% of small bods and 25% or 30% of large bods if the system is changed to be more like the turn in system.
It would still take a whole lot of time to get the best rewards by turning only small bods.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You just need to bribe a BoD to 625 point to get PoF and you only need one BoD

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And if the saved points were higher then the prices would plummet for BOD rewards. This in affect would give the super easy button to scripters and kill the Crafting playstyle for the honest player. I use the Point system for the low end BODs that give Tools and Shovels just to get new BODs without getting a bunch of stuff that I would just leave on the floor.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make ya minds up!! one person says they sky high the next say they low ball...lolz looks like the olde smithy is staying in his grave...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
listen if its even remotely possible for the scripters to take advantage of this u can be as sure as hell they will script there merry ass 24/7...and nothing will be done about scripting again....just feeding them more...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cannot see the issue with PoF here people!

BEFORE THE PUBLISH, if you turned in a 20 ex dc or 10/15 ex shadow bod you either got a PoF or Mining Gloves as a reward.
AFTER THE PUBLISH, if you turn in the above mentioned bods you are guaranteed a PoF and will NOT randomly receive mining gloves.

The only difference now is that we get to "choose" what rewards we want, instead of relying on the dreaded RNG.

I do not see PoF changing prices at all!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't mind if the banking points was increased to 5% of small bods and 25% or 30% of large bods if the system is changed to be more like the turn in system.
It would still take a whole lot of time to get the best rewards by turning only small bods.
With the way the point system is now I can get a Val Runic Hammer 1200 points by turning in 10 20n Bronze Ring-Mail LBODs 600 Get-it-Now points or 120 Bank Points Norm I would have just thrown away these BODs but now I can save them up and turn them in all at once under the Bank System and get a Val Hammer. If you increase the points to %30 I can now do the same thing with 8 20N Shadow Ring-Mail LBODs or 7.3 20X Iron Chain-Mail LBODs. %20 IMHO for the LBODs is ok but maybe make SBODs %5 or %10 max. It would still take a ton of SBODs to get anything useful so it would not hurt the Craftering playstyle and keep the points low enough IMHO to make it not worth while for scripters.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

BEFORE THE PUBLISH, if you turned in a 20 ex dc or 10/15 ex shadow bod you either got a PoF or Mining Gloves as a reward.
AFTER THE PUBLISH, if you turn in the above mentioned bods you are guaranteed a PoF and will NOT randomly receive mining gloves.

The only difference now is that we get to "choose" what rewards we want, instead of relying on the dreaded RNG.

%200 no %500 no %1000 no %10000000000000000000000000000000000 RIGHT Maybe some of these people need to copy there Crafters with their BODs over to TC and see what they get without using their BODs and resources on Prodo Shards.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With the way the point system is now I can get a Val Runic Hammer 1200 points by turning in 10 20n Bronze Ring-Mail LBODs 600 Get-it-Now points or 120 Bank Points Norm I would have just thrown away these BODs but now I can save them up and turn them in all at once under the Bank System and get a Val Hammer. If you increase the points to %30 I can now do the same thing with 8 20N Shadow Ring-Mail LBODs or 7.3 20X Iron Chain-Mail LBODs. %20 IMHO for the LBODs is ok but maybe make SBODs %5 or %10 max. It would still take a ton of SBODs to get anything useful so it would not hurt the Craftering playstyle and keep the points low enough IMHO to make it not worth while for scripters.
20% for LBODs is okay. Works pretty good. 25% would be nice, and I wouldn't push past 30% for sure.
For small bods 10% would be very, very nice, which is why I would be more than okay to settle at 5% max. 2% feels a bit on the too low side as it is right now, but those points add up with time.
I know since I am at 150 points on my tinker after a day of hard work, trying to get that Blackrock Automaton.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
20% for LBODs is okay. Works pretty good. 25% would be nice, and I wouldn't push past 30% for sure.
For small bods 10% would be very, very nice, which is why I would be more than okay to settle at 5% max. 2% feels a bit on the too low side as it is right now, but those points add up with time.
I know since I am at 150 points on my tinker after a day of hard work, trying to get that Blackrock Automaton.
This is the only change I'd like to see: SBods be worth 10% banked.
Other than that, I'm fine with the new changes.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just using PoF as a standard cost 450 Points and using 20x Iron SBODs at %2 (250 Get-it-Now/5 Banked) it takes 90 to get 450 points, at %5 would be (250 now / 12.5 Banked so 36 SBODs to get 450 Points. That to me is getting very close to making it to easy.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the only change I'd like to see: SBods be worth 10% banked.
Other than that, I'm fine with the new changes.
That would be 18 20X Iron Sbods for a PoF, that is too easy. IMHO 5% for the SBOD

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok ok, I'd settle for 5%. But I still wouldn't complain at 10%.
I throw away a lot of iron bods because of the amount of ingots the item takes, at %5 I would fill and store them in a book and make a Bank Point Run when I had enough to get some jars of PoF at %2 IMHO it is a waste of time and resources

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I just used POF as an example dont get hung up on it. It was just to show how much work was needed for the banking system to get a low level reward.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree we could push the lbods a little more but on the small bods I urge caution raising it. 5-10 seems like it would be OK but testing would be advisable.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way I plan to use it is this: Small stand alone bods that would normally only get done if you wanted to hand them in to get another, either stock-piling or just dumping the numerous sturdy shovels etc, can now be handed in not only to get another, but also to bank some points towards an 'extra' reward you wouldn't ordinarily get, without flooding the house with unwanted minor tools.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem I've run into is, with only 2 accts on Siege to do this with, it took about an hour for me to finally get an lbod, so that toon is now stuck. It's not like smithy/tailor of a month ago, where I could buy 1k bods if I wanted to...anyone know where I can buy 1k small fletching bods ? that's my point....

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So am I to understand, I can save up a bunch of bods... turn them in for "now" points back to back and as long as I don't "get a new bod" I can put them all towards 1 prize?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I didn't get this post either about PoF costing more. If anything the price should go slightly lower because now nobody will lose out on a PoF bod by receiving mining gloves.
Now, Anything BETTER than what used to specifically give POF now can give POF if you want (no more 105, 110 or 115PS if you don't want them). I've already lowered my POF vendor prices by 20%.

Reactions: S_S

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So am I to understand, I can save up a bunch of bods... turn them in for "now" points back to back and as long as I don't "get a new bod" I can put them all towards 1 prize?
You can turn in as many bods as you want (and either get an instant reward or bank the points in order to pick a reward with the banked points at a later time) AND you can still get a new bod. The part of the old bod system of "turn in a filled bod and get a new empty one" has not changed. You still have to request a new bod after turning one in.
I think that is what you are talking about?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NO If you use the Get-it-Now method you will have to pick a reward every time you turn in a BOD. If you pick the Bank Points system then you will get a fraction of the BODs points added to a point bank and after you turn in 3 bods you will need to collect 3 BODs. A BOD NPC will only hold 3 new BODs max for you.

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you folks for your help! So the only way to get something worth 500 pts is to turn in one bod that give 500 pts or above "now" or save up all the "banked" pts until you reach 500, right?

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you folks for your help! So the only way to get something worth 500 pts is to turn in one bod that give 500 pts or above "now" or save up all the "banked" pts until you reach 500, right?
and remember you can bribe up a lower end bod to get it to a 500 point (or whatever points you are looking for) bod.
For example, I am needing a ton of the PoF barrels. They cost 700 points. a small 20 exc agapite tinker bod will give me exactly 700 points. So, when I get a 20 item small tinker bod, I will bribe that up till it is 20 exc agapite, go make it and bam i get a barrel!

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at the system now, everything looks pretty fine, considering on what weve had before, maybe the rate on the small deeds "points wise" has to be adjusted slightly to motivate crafters around