• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 95 Comes to TC1

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you bank or did you claim the reward right away?
It not allow to bank single LBOD worth 725 points. It give list of rewards after you drop it on NPC. Oh, this list show 725 points, but once you claim BRSK you have zero left.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One fix: when you turn in a BOD, allow the player to choose multiple rewards to use up the full amount of points. That choosing must occur immediatly.

To combat bots, randomize the reward selection gump. Annoying, I know.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It not allow to bank single LBOD worth 725 points. It give list of rewards after you drop it on NPC. Oh, this list show 725 points, but once you claim BRSK you have zero left.
In this case, the system will have to be changed to allow us to pick multiple rewards up to the point value of the bod.
And not being able to bank LBODs is a good thing in this case as well.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I'm just not lazy.
I currently have 29 vendors at one house all holding bods, Sorry I don't lag even a little.
Do you have a house on every shard? That is my issue with bod books taking up so much space. I can't really develop or play a crafter on any shard other than my main one where I have a house.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you bank or did you claim the reward right away? By claiming the reward right away, you forfeit the spare points left from your bod value.
I am talking about banking (which is hard to test right now because you get so FEW points for turning in bods).
Ah, well in that case the scaling of points doesn't need changed.... for the "choose reward now" option then.

just as an example:
20000 - 1200 should = 18800 left over...

But, if what you say is true (and it is =/)

Turn in Bod> get 20000 points>you buy valorite hammer for 1200 points>you're now at 0 points again.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you have a house on every shard? That is my issue with bod books taking up so much space. I can't really develop or play a crafter on any shard other than my main one where I have a house.
A beetle will hold over 500 Bods. That's plenty of room to play a decent crafter on several shards.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
One fix: when you turn in a BOD, allow the player to choose multiple rewards to use up the full amount of points. That choosing must occur immediatly.

To combat bots, randomize the reward selection gump. Annoying, I know.

Nah, randomization would not help.

You cannot defeat "Bots" without either limiting rewards or adjusting some of the system. These are generally scripted to go off known sequences or Id's.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One fix: when you turn in a BOD, allow the player to choose multiple rewards to use up the full amount of points. That choosing must occur immediatly.To combat bots, randomize the reward selection gump. Annoying, I know.
Nah, randomization would not help.
You cannot defeat "Bots" without either limiting rewards or adjusting some of the system. These are generally scripted to go off known sequences or Id's.
I just want to point out, changing the reward gump to a randomized menu selection would hurt scripting, IF that was part that was scripted... but it's not.

People script the "Filling of bods"... That's the part people avoid doing by hand. because it's tedious crafting 10+ items, sorting through exceptional/non-exceptional items & clicking the bod, then targeting each item in your pack just to fill it

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I just want to point out, changing the reward gump to a randomized menu selection would hurt scripting, IF that was part that was scripted... but it's not.

People script the "Filling of bods"... That's the part people avoid doing by hand. because it's tedious crafting 10+ items, sorting through exceptional/non-exceptional items & clicking the bod, then targeting each item in your pack just to fill it
Pretty much what I was getting at.

The plus is they're able to fill x amount of bods and then just drop them on the NPC.

I guess you could cap the number of turn ins daily or put a progressive crafting failure rate based on time in hours. (does anyone really spend more than few hours a day doing bods by hand? IDK)

Even changing the item selection on crafting gump would eventually catch up since they'd just change the script.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
All, please check my assumptive values in which I am basing the blacksmith points scale on:

VALUE OF:

Powder of fort = 100k
Valorite Hammer = 5M

Gold per ingot:

VALORITE = 1500
VERITE = 800
AGAPITE = 450
GOLD = 300
BRONZE = 250
SHADOW = 200
DULL COPPER = 40
IRON = 16

Using these values I have received points scale of:

Val = 1.38 points/ingot
verite = .8 points/ingot
agapite = .67 points/ingot
gold = .57 points/ingot
bronze = .33 points/ingot
copper = .15 points/ingot
shadow = .0511 points/ingot
dull = .0388 points/ingot
Iron = .01 points/ingot

And scaled points system more effectively at:

valorite runic hammer = 2750 points
Verite runic hammer = 1700 points
agapite hammer = 1100 points
Gold hammer = 950 points
Bronze hammer = 550 points
Copper hammer = 250 points
Shadow hammer = 150 points
Dull hammer = 125 points
POF = 100 points

These may be adjusted to reflect bod difficulty based on a percentage loss of points value. Either way, please check and let me know the values above.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have developed Smith/Tailors on a lot of shards that I do not have houses on. Alls you need is 2 or more accounts and use all your bank boxes and blue beatles for sorting/storage.

Odin Firefly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix
Question:
New to all this ...but
When i was doing bods for the blacksmith i collected 3 of them(BODS) then blacksmith said you must wait 360 min. to receive another bod.
Fill a bod, turn it in, receive another bod....... rince- repeat.
Now i took the bods to the elf. Three complete bods. Turn them in.
Go back to the blacksmith and cannot receive another for 360min.
Can turning in bods to the elf work like turning in bods to the blacksmith.
This is just so i can do more then the 3 bods every 360 min, for the 3 day duration of the festival.
People with stored bods(blacksmith/tailor) will most likely have the advantage over us non-bod-ers just doing new bods-Fletching, Inscription, Carpentry....
"players receive a number of entries based on the worth of the BOD they turn in." so large multi-piece bods (6 pc.-head-neck-chest...., valorite, 20, exp. plate) will beat out us new bod-ers doing simple 10 , 15, and 20 potion bods especially in the lower player shards.(growing the tree for 3 days. Not getting it to its full potential and now relying on the # of entries made to receive a gift)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You do understand that UOA and the EC can fill any BOD. I use UOA and have macros for ALL smith and tailor BODS 10, 15 and 20s it is not that hard. Scripters have scripts that not only collect BODS, make items, fill bods but also turn them in.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All, please check my assumptive values in which I am basing the blacksmith points scale on:

VALUE OF:

Powder of fort = 100k
Valorite Hammer = 5M

Gold per ingot:

VALORITE = 1500
VERITE = 800
AGAPITE = 450
GOLD = 300
BRONZE = 250
SHADOW = 200
DULL COPPER = 40
IRON = 16

Using these values I have received points scale of:

Val = 1.83 points/ingot
verite = .8 points/ingot
agapite = .67 points/ingot
gold = .57 points/ingot
bronze = .33 points/ingot
copper = .15 points/ingot
shadow = .0511 points/ingot
dull = .0388 points/ingot
Iron = .01 points/ingot

And scaled points system more effectively at:

valorite runic hammer = 2750 points
Verite runic hammer = 1700 points
agapite hammer = 1100 points
Gold hammer = 950 points
Bronze hammer = 550 points
Copper hammer = 250 points
Shadow hammer = 150 points
Dull hammer = 125 points
POF = 100 points

These may be adjusted to reflect bod difficulty based on a percentage loss of points value. Either way, please check and let me know the values above.
You can not use gold values as they change daily and by shard. This makes UO setting the value of rewards as a hard number. The Val Runic already has a set point value as it is equal to the value of the filled LBOD that is needed to get it, those are the only values that should be used.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You can not use gold values as they change daily and by shard. This makes UO setting the value of rewards as a hard number. The Val Runic already has a set point value as it is equal to the value of the filled LBOD that is needed to get it, those are the only values that should be used.

I took the points scale of 2750 and divided it by the number of known valorite ingots (2000) to get the valorite runic hammer. Prices are really just for comparison to see if its reasonable. I started the scale down the similar by using the bod calculator with verite etc.

Example: the large val runic bod takes 2000 ingots to fill at a current average of 1500 GP average per ingot which costs about 3M to make.

In comparison trying to get a valorite hammer will take 275k iron ingots with the base NPC price of 16 gp which will cost 4.4M gold to get.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do understand that UOA and the EC can fill any BOD. I use UOA and have macros for ALL smith and tailor BODS 10, 15 and 20s it is not that hard. Scripters have scripts that not only collect BODS, make items, fill bods but also turn them in.
Yes, I know, but you need to change the macro for each type of item and UOA only holds 16 recordable slots... This publish is also going to bring in many more Bod types & items that need to be crafted for them that don't exist on live shards.

and the Filling the bod is the only part that's necessary to "script" collecting bod scripts are for people with nothing but crafters.. lol No comparison

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My thoughts:
Side View? Not good....I get the legs on the far side...but the legs on the closer side are farther apart, so the legs on the far side should be too, and the rider should be seated in between those legs, not so close to the rear.
My view on this is that they did it correctly because the character is sitting between the spiders abdomen and the cephalothorax. I'd post a top down picture of a spider but yeah I don't want to look at spider images......hehe

*sigh*
I will have to spend a LOT of gold to get myself one of those tarantula statues. :(
But I MUST get one. And I ain't waiting 10 years for that.
IM when they go live i'm sure I can find a spare spider for you within one of my 14 accounts!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, I know, but you need to change the macro for each type of item and UOA only holds 16 recordable slots... This publish is also going to bring in many more Bod types & items that need to be crafted for them that don't exist on live shards.
It is so easy to copy over the macros to UOA to do any BOD and as far as the new BODs go those can be set up the first time you get a new type BOD. Making items with the new crafting system and filling them is the EASY part with UOA and the EC it is turning them in and getting new BODs that is the clicky part for honest players as Scripters have scrips to do this.
and the Filling the bod is the only part that's necessary to "script" collecting bod scripts are for people with nothing but crafters.. lol No comparison
I guess you will nee to clarify this snarky part.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is so easy to copy over the macros to UOA to do any BOD and as far as the new BODs go those can be set up the first time you get a new type BOD. Making items with the new crafting system and filling them is the EASY part with UOA and the EC it is turning them in and getting new BODs that is the clicky part for honest players as Scripters have scrips to do this.
I guess you will nee to clarify this snarky part.
The copy part, is what I need to clarify on... If they made it possible via the Bod-menu to "Fill from container" (your pack) so that the bod is auto-filled with the correct item criteria, you wouldn't need UOAssist macroes for each bod, or for any bod. Nor would you need a script to fill them.

The collecting of bods isn't tedious until you need to collect with several characters. (this is why people script it), turning in bods, is normally done with One character. Scriptable? sure. but a legitimate player could do this very easily too...

However, the crafting + filling of bods, is much slower for legitimate players compared to how fast/efficient a script will do it.

The point is. If the Bods remain as tedious as they always have been this publish supports people who script MORE than it helps actual people. -Fix it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The copy part, is what I need to clarify on... If they made it possible via the Bod-menu to "Fill from container" (your pack) so that the bod is auto-filled with the correct item criteria, you wouldn't need UOAssist macroes for each bod, or for any bod. Nor would you need a script to fill them.

The collecting of bods isn't tedious until you need to collect with several characters. (this is why people script it), turning in bods, is normally done with One character. Scriptable? sure. but a legitimate player could do this very easily too...

However, the crafting + filling of bods, is much slower for legitimate players compared to how fast/efficient a script will do it.

The point is. If the Bods remain as tedious as they always have been this publish supports people who script MORE than it helps actual people. -Fix it.
Would love to have it auto fill and it really does not take that long to move 16 new macros over to UOA you just need to only remove the BODs of the macros you currently have. As far as making the item with the new Crafting menu it is so much easier to make lots of the same item. If I am not mistaken the EC can make and fill any BOD with out switching anything, an EC BOD filler would have to comment on this. To me turning in and getting the reward and a new BOD is the tedious part and really wish there was a way to streamline this for the honest player. Grab BOD, hand BOD to NPC get reward and click yes to getting new BOD is more time consuming than you may think and if you do it to fast then you have to find the BOD that was just rejected and turn it in again. With a Script alls the Scripter has to do is run the script and watch all bods get turned in and new bods collected.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would love to have it auto fill and it really does not take that long to move 16 new macros over to UOA you just need to only remove the BODs of the macros you currently have.
Right, it doesn't take long.. but Crafting the required items, sorting exceptional/nonexceptional & adding them to the bod is the "clicky" part. takes like 3-4 clicks to turn-in & get a new bod, same with claiming them, minimal clicks -The only times collecting bods & turning them in takes a lot of clicks is when you do it with several characters.

That's all I want, a way to fill the bod without clicking 20 times and/or setting macroes that need small changes depending on which bods you're doing.

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix

Unrelated to bods, but I claimed some of the sand tiles just to take a look. The graphic should be changed on this. The tile looks like sand on the slope of a dune.

Two pictures to demonstrate:

Sand 1.jpg Sand2.jpg

The first one is a tile held over normal sand. The second is the same tile held over the slope.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Kyronix

Unrelated to bods, but I claimed some of the sand tiles just to take a look. The graphic should be changed on this. The tile looks like sand on the slope of a dune.

Two pictures to demonstrate:

View attachment 56317 View attachment 56318

The first one is a tile held over normal sand. The second is the same tile held over the slope.
Looks like it's zoomed in and fuzzy... don't like it does not match.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I propose more fair formula for banking BOD points.
value*value/5000

10 points SBOD will bank 0.02 points
50 points SBOD will bank 0.5 points
100 points SBOD will bank 2 points
300 points LBOD will bank 18 points
500 points LBOD will bank 50 points
1000 points LBOD will bank 200 points

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I propose more fair formula for banking BOD points.
value*value/5000

10 points SBOD will bank 0.02 points
50 points SBOD will bank 0.5 points
100 points SBOD will bank 2 points
300 points LBOD will bank 18 points
500 points LBOD will bank 50 points
1000 points LBOD will bank 200 points
It's not as simple otherwise everyone will be banking large iron bods.

The scale I proposed above allows a
better savings.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

What if there were 2 banks of points?

When you bank a small BOD, you get the full value of the points in the small BOD bank.

When you bank a large BOD you get the full value of the BOD in the large point bank.

There would be certain rewards in large BOD selection not available in the small BOD menu.

Finally, you could buy large BOD points with your small BOD points at a 20:1 ratio.

This way all small BODs are equal as points for the small BOD rewards. All large BOD would be equal towards large BOD rewards, but you would retain the scale to jump from small to large.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
IM when they go live i'm sure I can find a spare spider for you within one of my 14 accounts!
Let me know what sort of price you will want for it if you get a spare and I will gladly pay.
I do need to have a spider mount. :p

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix

What if there were 2 banks of points?

When you bank a small BOD, you get the full value of the points in the small BOD bank.

When you bank a large BOD you get the full value of the BOD in the large point bank.

There would be certain rewards in large BOD selection not available in the small BOD menu.

Finally, you could buy large BOD points with your small BOD points at a 20:1 ratio.

This way all small BODs are equal as points for the small BOD rewards. All large BOD would be equal towards large BOD rewards, but you would retain the scale to jump from small to large.

I dont think this would stop from flooding the market with the higher end rewards. the system just needs to be scaled correctly.

so for example a 10 exceptional iron spear bod will take a 120 iron ingots. when you turn it in, you should be able to bank a point. (1.2)

that same spear bod in valorite should will let you bank 168 points.

or the existing 20 bod bronze shield bod in verite that currently gives 750 points but banks only 3 points should bank 192 points.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont think this would stop from flooding the market with the higher end rewards. the system just needs to be scaled correctly.

so for example a 10 exceptional iron spear bod will take a 120 iron ingots. when you turn it in, you should be able to bank a point. (1.2)

or the existing 20 bod bronze shield bod in verite that currently gives 750 points but banks only 3 points should bank 192 points.
I agree that the scale needs to take into account the ingot value, but the randomized BODs adds a lot to the "value". A large valorite BOD and getting all the small valorite BODs to fill it is much harder than just getting enough Val ingots to fill it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I agree that the scale needs to take into account the ingot value, but the randomized BODs adds a lot to the "value". A large valorite BOD and getting all the small valorite BODs to fill it is much harder than just getting enough Val ingots to fill it.
Yep, that's really already accounted for with the current system.

So right now it costs ~3M to get a val hammer which sells for 5 or 7 on atlantic.

They just need to scale a percent value on the point scale above to compensate for bod size and type.

They ran into to trouble with this which is why the points they give now and the reward cost are pretty skewed, at least for blacksmith from what I saw.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, that's really already accounted for with the current system.

So right now it costs ~3M to get a val hammer which sells for 5 or 7 on atlantic.

They just need to scale a percent value on the point scale above to compensate for bod size and type.

They ran into to trouble with this which is why the points they give now and the reward cost are pretty skewed, at least for blacksmith from what I saw.
My point was that I don't think you should lose the value of the bods just because you want to bank the points. However, I understand the desire to maintain the value of large bods. Do all the proper scaling related to ingots, rarity, etc... but if you separate the banks you keep the rewards for the large bods more difficult to get. Let players turn in small bods and bank the points then cash them in whenever they want for whatever they want without devaluing them. Same goes for large bods, let them be banked at full value and rewards claimed as the player wants.

The only time you need to scale is when you jump from small bod points to large bod points.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The exceptional bonuses on the bod reward talismans need some serious love...the ones I got were ridiculously low.
So far, other than the holiday thing, this pub has been much ado for little to no gain, and in some cases loss.

Good luck Tamers, you're next!!! Buahahahahah

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zeke is right there are 5 types! Thing is they look like party sand... confetti? Please to make them like regular sand ? :Begging:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My point was that I don't think you should lose the value of the bods just because you want to bank the points. However, I understand the desire to maintain the value of large bods. Do all the proper scaling related to ingots, rarity, etc... but if you separate the banks you keep the rewards for the large bods more difficult to get. Let players turn in small bods and bank the points then cash them in whenever they want for whatever they want without devaluing them. Same goes for large bods, let them be banked at full value and rewards claimed as the player wants.

The only time you need to scale is when you jump from small bod points to large bod points.
We are in agreement.

You shouldn't, but I don't see them separating the bods rewards systems. I also had the same thought last night of removing the large bods rewards from the bank system. However it still left the underlying issue that their banking system sucks to begin with and it doesn't combat scripters at all.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are in agreement.

You shouldn't, but I don't see them separating the boss rewards systems. I also had the same thought last night of removing the large bods rewards from the bank system. However it still left the underlying issue that their banking system sucks to begin with and it doesn't combat scripters at all.
You're not going to combat scripters. Scripts can be written to do anything we can do. Two thoughts immediately come to my mind when people talk about combatting scripters:

1. Everything done so far to combat that has hurt the player, not the scripter.

2. Scripting isn't as widespread now as it used to be. Face we, we are a game in decline, and there is no real cash market out there for anything, nowhere near like it was 10 years or so ago.

BS or whoever needs to get over the scripting, and get one with making life happy for the paying players who try to do things without scripts.
And ripping off thousands of points from us out of the bod system isnt the way to do that.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You're not going to combat scripters. Scripts can be written to do anything we can do. Two thoughts immediately come to my mind when people talk about combatting scripters:

1. Everything done so far to combat that has hurt the player, not the scripter.

2. Scripting isn't as widespread now as it used to be. Face we, we are a game in decline, and there is no real cash market out there for anything, nowhere near like it was 10 years or so ago.

BS or whoever needs to get over the scripting, and get one with making life happy for the paying players who try to do things without scripts.
And ripping off thousands of points from us out of the bod system isnt the way to do that.

Scripting probably won't change, but is still very much active from what I've seen.

When I refer to combatting scripting, I don't refer to stopping it. I'm referring to lessening the benefit of the grinding out nothing but small iron bods for hours and getting a high end reward.

An appropriate scale will make it effective so that those doing the bods (actively bribing) get more benefit than those hitting play.

Sure scripters will probably end up with some higher end rewards but less effectively than just taking their system now and making the banking system equivalent points to just turning it in.

So yep, you won't stop scripting but you can at least try and give active players an advantage.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i totally disagree with you. the "banking" thing is just a little something more than straight trashing them. and needs to be that way.

if banking bods has higher points value, think about the people, like me who just trash thousands of bods. and idocers. Those with over 10k bods just sitting around will most likely trash / bank them. if point value is anything better than basically nothing market will be controlled by idocers and give little benefit to the like 10 people here who seem to care about bods.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bods are really, really dumb.

the only worse than bods are wasting an entire publish to re-do a bod system for very few people, when much less dev time could have been used to re-vitalize VVV with maybe 1 rare or high tier limited time reward per month.

Like everthing in UO, re-doing a complicated system that baiscally no one will ever use rather than making extremely easy changes to re-vitalize existing content.

What i got out of the publish:

we can change the colors of backbacks

we got 5 new dye colors.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have finally had the opportunity to test out the BODs on test center this morning, and since I have a strong interest in BODs I believe I am obligated to provide some feedback. It seems the same BOD reward table is being employed, with the main difference being that you can now claim any reward that is beneath the "classic" reward, and save 0.5% of the points if you do not choose a reward. Same system, but with a few extra features.

Positive Feedback:
*High charge crafting tools are neat
*Crafting loss talismans, also neat. I like that I can work towards a better crafting talisman through BODs, even though the loss prevention property isn't particularly useful at 120 blacksmithing
*Verite and Valorite small BODs can actually be used to get POFs - honestly this is only half a pro for reasons I shall explain later.
*Despite the negative feedback I am about to write, I can still ignore all the new features and just get POFs and copper runics as I have before.

Miscellaneous Feedback:
*I got a BOD for 10x Faerie Fire. It turned out to be worth only 10 points.
*Why bother having mining gloves +1 and +3? I fail to see the point of keeping those.
*Why does the sturdy pickaxe and the sturdy shovel have different point costs?

Now for the negatives. It saddens me to write this because this revamp doesn't really solve the fundamental problems of BODs. A lot of people in the thread are criticizing the .5% bank rate. I understand why this was done. The reason for such a low rate is that the devs do not want players to be grinding out low level BODs -exclusively- to get the big rewards. Example: Val runic = 1200 points. That is equivalent to 240,000 bankable points, meaning you'd have to bank that many points worth of BODs to get a val runic. If I were to bribe up every weapon deed I came across, it would take me 960 20/exc weapon BODs to have enough banked points for a val runic. 360 20/exc weapon BODs to have enough for a single POF. The problem is, whether or not the rate is too low is missing the point, as well as a fundamental problem with BODs.

The fundamental problem is, the actual value of BODs isn't being taken into account. First, let's look at the ores and their rarities (as documented on the Stratics Mining Essay):

Iron ~50%
Dull Copper 11.2%
Shadow Iron 9.8%
Copper 8.4%
Bronze 7.0%
Gold 5.6%
Agapite 4.2%
Verite 2.8%
Valorite 1.0 to 1.4%

So if you were to mine 1,000 ores at random, statistically you should come up with these quantities:

10 - valorite
28- verite
42 - agapite
56 - gold
70 - bronze
84 - copper
98 - shadow iron
112 - dull copper
500 - iron

We can clearly see there is a wide range of values at play here. Valorite is 50x as valuable as iron, because for every 1 valorite ore you get, you will have approximately 50 iron ores. This value is not being taken into account with BODs. Consider: a 20/exc/val BOD is worth 800 points. What is the item being crafted though? If it were a gorget, then I would have to use 200 valorite ingots. If it was a platemail tunic, I would have to use 500 ingots. 200 ingots, 500 ingots, yet the BOD is worth the same number of points. It gets even more insane with LBODs, when you take into account quanties 10, 15 and 20 covering a wide range of resource costs.

Let's look at the ore maps. I had the opportunity to test these out. I started with a gold map (acquired in Trammel). From this, I was able to mine 227 gold ore and 31 granite. That is 454 gold ingots. I got a second gold map, this time in Felucca. I didn't write down the result, but after turning off stone mining I pulled in slightly less than 900 gold ingots. Then I decided to go for the big one, a valorite map. I wanted to see if the valorite map would have more uses than the gold map. It did not, only coming with 213 uses. Let's do the math - that comes out to 852 valorite ingots IF I don't fail the smelt. Why is this a problem? Because the valorite map costs 1150 points. I put together a 20/exc/valorite/plate LBOD for this - it costs me untold hundreds of thousands of gold just to bribe it and the components up, and it costs over 2000 valorite ingots just to fill. So let me get this straight - I spend 2000 valorite ingots so I can mine <1000 valorite ingots in Felucca? But wait, I hear you say, you don't have to redeem a 20/exc/valorite/plate LBOD, you can also redeem a 10/exc/valorite/plate LBOD. Great, but do you know how god damn hard that is to bribe up? I am talking about bribing something up to valorite without the quantity being affected, it's freakin' imposible and excessively expensive. And for what, 800 valorite ingots if I luckily do not fail the smelt? And that's ignoring the fact that a 10/exc/valorite/plate costs 1000 valorite ingots, so we're still losing ingots in the process. Maybe instead you suggest I do a 20/exc/verite/plate. 2000 verite ingots for 800-900 valorite ingots? Doesn't seem worth it to me, considering how difficult it would be to bribe up. NOTE: Bribing anything below maximum values is necessarily difficult, because you an't control what property gets upgraded.

But wait again, I hear you say. You can use bankable points to earn the map over time. Great, well ignoring the fact that that would take forever, let's do the math. I need 230,000 bankable points to get the map. Let's assume I went the weapon BOD route, and managed to come across all dagger BODs, bribing them up to 20/exc. That is 250 points each, at 60 iron ingots a pop. 920 BODs and 55,200 iron ingots later, I can now mine 800-900 val ingots. Remember the ratios above? 1 mined valorite ore for every 50 iron ore and that's assuming the lowest ingot-intensive craftable. Let's say I went the 20/exc/val/ringmail gloves route instead. 200 valorite ingots a pop, 800 points each. 288 BODs and 57,600 valorite ingots later, I can now get a map that will let me mine 800-900 valorite ingots.

Look, the points you earn from BODs should be based on the ingot value of the BOD. 1 iron ingot = 1 point. 1 valorite ingot = 50 points. Adjust the reward costs accordingly. It should not take 2000 valorite ingots to get a val runic hammer. It should not take more than 800-900 valorite ingots to get a valorite mining map.

Suppose we adjusted the costs, but kept the same relative reward table. 2000 valorite ingots earned 100,000 points, the new hypothetical cost for a valorite runic. Iron ingots get 1 point each. Ironically, it would take 100,000 iron ingots worth of small BODs to get a valorite runic, more than the 55,200 iron ingots worth of dagger BODs from the example above.

See, here is the problem. You ask, why would anyone do high-level BODs when they can grind out small ones? I ask: why would anyone want to do higher ingot cost BODs? Why do halberds? Why do platemail tunics? Why do quantity 20 when you can do quantity 10? (remember, 10 adds 10 points, 15 adds 25 points, 20 adds 50 points). The revamp necessarily makes higher level BODs even more useless than they were before. And this is not even mentioning the fact that LBODs are still a huge pain in the butt to fill because you have to have their SBOD components. Please, for the love of god, let me fill LBODs directly without SBODs!

To be honest, I will still use the BOD system as I have before, bribing up gold/agapite small bods to get POFs and copper runics. However at this point I think I will not be bothering with LBODs or any other aspect of the system. The randomness of bribing, the ingot costs, the lack of multiplayer features; it all seems rather arbitrary. Crawling through a labyrinth so I can trade ingots for a reward of lesser value. Why even bother with valorite runics, we have legendary artifacts. Ah well.

Thus completes my rant- er, I mean, feedback.

Last edited:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone show me where in the game a flood of runic's would hurt the current crafting market? I've had a stash of top end hammers for years with little to no good reason for burning them and when one does they don't compete with other items you can find as loot.

And the above poster nailed it for everything else I couldn't be bothered with. Sorry team, I think this idea was well placed in effort but lacking for in-game concept.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Deraj What you said is exactly why they should have asked for feedback before they released this. Then tweak it on test after actually talking to paying players who do bods!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
i totally disagree with you. the "banking" thing is just a little something more than straight trashing them. and needs to be that way.

if banking bods has higher points value, think about the people, like me who just trash thousands of bods. and idocers. Those with over 10k bods just sitting around will most likely trash / bank them. if point value is anything better than basically nothing market will be controlled by idocers and give little benefit to the like 10 people here who seem to care about bods.
That's the issue now. The banking system isnt much of anything and would cost you more considerably more money than it's worth so people will still trash them and save the resources.

The goal would be to give the low end bods a small value and allow them to accrue. Otherwise the banking system is completely pointless and should be removed.